CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

I got sick and sad watching that. I pray the worst case scenario is that Dylan is somewhere in his town lost and a little cold waiting to be found. I pray that he did not fall victim to harm at the hands of a stranger or a loved one and holds on like the strong-willed 13 year old boy his mother talks about. Please please please :please:

This is a beautiful soulful video. Breaks my heart. I am curious as to why the mother keeps pushing this song. It is not a cheerful song and to me is not full of hope and good feelings. It is sad and depressing and certainly not the way I would want people to think of my son. I am just not feeling it. Sorry!! jmo

Well, hopefully on tonights news, they will do lots of hole filling. (9News.com does stream live, btw)

There are just so many things that either they don't know or are keeping close to the vest, either way, why?

- Why was Dylan unhappy about going to MR's in the first place?
- Why did his cell usage cut off at 8pm?
- Why didn't he go to his friends Sunday as originally planned?
- Why would he go so early Mon morning?
- What were their plans?
- How was he suppose to get there according to friends and MR?
- What did MR think he was doing at 7:30am?
- What was MR doing for 4 hrs?
- How did MR notice a fishing pole missing immediately?
- If he thought his son went fishing, why go to the friends house?
- Why hasn't there been a PC?

Ugh... I'm exhausted now! :bang:

This is a beautiful soulful video. Breaks my heart. I am curious as to why the mother keeps pushing this song. It is not a cheerful song and to me is not full of hope and good feelings. It is sad and depressing and certainly not the way I would want people to think of my son. I am just not feeling it. Sorry!! jmo

It is Dylan's favorite song.....

What are the possible scenarios?

1. Dylan ran away that morning and is hiding out.

2. Dylan tried to hitch a ride to his friends and was abducted.

3. Dylan and his father got in a fight and the boy was accidentally killed.

4. Dylan's dad purposely disposed of him.

5. Dylan wanted to harm himself and ran away and did so.

6. Dylan met up with his friends and things went bad.

7. An intruder [ or a stalker] abducted Dylan from the home that morning.

Any other scenarios possible?

[ I am leaning towards 3 right now.]

Ugh.

I would like to ask dad why the heck did it take him 4 hours to run errands when he was supposed to be home with his son?
And why the heck did it take HIM so long to report Dylan missing?

I find that dad's behavior upsetting...and his comments even more so.

It is harder and harder to find any redeeming characteristics in dad... Other than he is the father of seemingly two great sons...

I wonder if LE is letting him talk now so as to give him enough rope to hang himself?

JMO

I've been reading and keeping up with this case but haven't commented til now. I actually agree with your thoughts on his father. I too feel he is uninvolved in Dylan's disappearance....I just don't feel it for some reason. I hope we're right; it ups the chances that he's still ok.

Jmo

I so hope you are right... And I am wrong!:please::please::please:

JMO

We haven't heard anything from paternal family members, have we?

Other than the father (of course).

I'm thinking about Dylan being at his dad's for the Thanksgiving holiday, wondering if it was going to be just the 2 of them or any other family members joining them. I won't go looking for family on that side, too borderline sleuthy, but would love to know if he has relatives on his dad's side and if they are close and/or concerned about Dylan. One would think last week would be the time for family to come out before Dylan went missing and obviously now that he is missing.

It is Dylan's favorite song.....

I know that is what his mother said and I would not doubt that for a minute. But, I do wonder why it was his favorite song. The words are very tell tale if you ask me. course no one asked me. But, it sounds very depressing to me and not a song I would want associated with my missing son if it were me. He reminds me of my 13 year old grandson and it is very hard to even look at his pictures. We just don't know what is going through our children's minds. They are so much more mature than I was at that age. jmo

Do we know what Dad does for a living? I'm curious why he was home on a Monday and able to run errands for 4 hours -- that suggests either lack of stable employment or a job that is not your typical M-F, 9-5 (unless he took the day off, but if he did that then why not stay home with your son who is visiting on a court order per your request???).

I'm very interested in the "Dad-was-pissed-about-having-to-pay-child-support" angle....

Slideshow here of the SAR team, courtesy 9News, which Kevin Torres reports for.

http://www.9news.com/news/local/article/301317/222/Search-for-missing-boy-enters-day-7

A huge THANK-YOU to everyone who is out searching for Dylan!! And, many thanks to Kevin Torres as well for diligently keeping Dylan's story in the news -- now it is making national headlines (finally!).

:rocker:

I so agree with all of this message, Rougelatete!

I would like to add one more thanks to the K-9 SAR dogs who work so hard... And who are so smart... For helping in the search for Dylan!

:beagle: :wolf: :great:

This sweet boy has consumed me lately. I've been on WS since Michelle Parker went missing. I've had my heart broken over and over watching cases on this site. I don't post much, but I seriously cannot get Dylan out of my thoughts. The song just resonates with me. I know it's his favorite song, but why? I have a 12 year old son and with the exception of hair color and broken family, they are very similar. Tweens/teens are into Gangnam Style and LMFAO. I'll admit my boys like Metallica and some other older bands because of the music my husband and I listen to, but I wouldn't say they are their favorites. I don't know. I know I'm rambling, but I just can't stop thinking about him and hoping and praying he's safe somewhere with his friends.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=516992501644744

This is a video link posted on the Find Dylan Facebook page.

To me, it shows an accomplished a swimmer who is not afraid of the water.
And to be fair, he looks outdoorsy to me.

He absolutely looks outdoorsy in those video clips and pictures, very much a typical 13 year old boy. To some extent I can understand where the father's comment came from. Likewise I can understand perhaps the mom knows that he wouldn't go off on his own hiking and camping, as he is always with groups of friends in those pictures while he's swimming and ATV'ing. From what we know, he really seems like a social boy who would seek out friends and not solitude while at his father's.

We don't know if he's ever been to Vallecito Lake or if any of those pictures or video clips were taken at Vallecito, do we?

Well, hopefully on tonights news, they will do lots of hole filling. (9News.com does stream live, btw)

There are just so many things that either they don't know or are keeping close to the vest, either way, why?

- Why was Dylan unhappy about going to MR's in the first place?
- Why did his cell usage cut off at 8pm?
- Why didn't he go to his friends Sunday as originally planned?
- Why would he go so early Mon morning?
- What were their plans?
- How was he suppose to get there according to friends and MR?
- What did MR think he was doing at 7:30am?
- What was MR doing for 4 hrs?
- How did MR notice a fishing pole missing immediately?
- If he thought his son went fishing, why go to the friends house?
- Why hasn't there been a PC?

Ugh... I'm exhausted now! :bang:

Great list of questions, YellowSubmarine!

This list helps me to stay focused on the questions I so want answered!:seeya:

I bet you are the best!

And I agree.... Some "careers" are actually calzones...(my iPad just typed calzones instead of callings..... What is up with that?:floorlaugh:)

:lol::floorlaugh: Ahhh....there are many days I would trade my job for a calzone!

So, Dylan's parents shared joint custody from the time of their divorce in 2007 until September, 2012. Then, a judge awarded his mom sole custody. Something must have changed.

If everything was going fine, the mother would not have requested sole custody. I know (especially given what happened in the Sky Metalwala case) that judges can make poor decisions in regards to custody so I don't necessarily put any stock in the fact the judge awarded the mother sole custody. But, I DO find it curious that the mom seemed to be okay with a joint arrangement for almost FIVE YEARS and then changes her mind and files for sole custody. Something happened to make her do that. Dad's behavior must have changed in some way.

I'd like to know what Dylan's online and mobile activity habits were, what hours he was most active, etc.. The dad's habits, too, for that matter. For "techies," gaps of time offline are conspicuous and significant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucyLoo313