CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gosh, that means the "runaway" story can be disregarded, if he was going to be on his way back home the next day anyway.

Also makes it even more suspicious that his dad spent for 4 hours doing errands on the one day he had his son visit.

Am wondering if a row could have broken out over Dylan wanting to spend all his time with his friends, and perhaps telling his dad he didn't want to visit him anyway, and things got heated. I know what teenagers are like - they can say things which seem very hurtful to the adult. If the court had ordered Dylan to visit, against his wishes, I can imagine it wouldn't have been a very joyful reunion. Poor kid.

I think that this particular article was written by a really bad journialist. Dylan, his mom, and his older brother moved to Colorado Springs over the summer. Prior to that they lived in Bayfield, Co. which is located about 25 miles from Vallecito.
Colorado Springs is near Denver and at least a six and a half or seven hour drive, and several mountain passes away from Vallecito, hence the flying. hth

ahhhh now that makes sense. :gthanks:

Why not just drive your own car and take him or pick him up? just wondering.

ITA if Dylan were my child I would do that but I was speculating by saying maybe the parents can't be around each other so they chose to book a flight.

Gosh, that means the "runaway" story can be disregarded, if he was going to be on his way back home the next day anyway.

Also makes it even more suspicious that his dad spent for 4 hours doing errands on the one day he had his son visit.

Am wondering if a row could have broken out over Dylan wanting to spend all his time with his friends, and perhaps telling his dad he didn't want to visit him anyway, and things got heated. I know what teenagers are like - they can say things which seem very hurtful to the adult. If the court had ordered Dylan to visit, against his wishes, I can imagine it wouldn't have been a very joyful reunion. Poor kid.

I'm scratching my head over that too. Has it been said why this judge ordered this one day visit? Did dad request it or what? If I only had 1 day with my somewhat estranged teen, I would pack it full of fun things to do and places to go just to try to get reacquainted in a relaxed and fun environment.

Hi,I am a longtime lurker and I am not sure what we are allowed to post but this link is to an article and what looks to be Dylan's aunt (dad's sister) commenting on the article. She wants to blame mom and her family ... Well it wont let me post the article link but the name of it is "Does father of Dylan Redwine know what happened?"

I usually don't link to because anyone can write an article BUT then I saw the comment left by her on this and another of this author's articles about Dylan/family dynamics.

Hi angiefly, Welcome and good job on leading us to that page. This is the first I've heard from any paternal family member (other than dad himself), I had been waiting and curious to hear what they had to say. JMO I didn't get the impression she wanted to blame the mom and that side of the family. There were two different articles and she commented on both, and she explicitly writes that she doesn't think either parent is involved. Then goes on to explain in what I think is a pretty objective description that the parents WERE going through a divorce which isn't rainbows and butterflies but in no way implicats either parent. She certainly is observing that her brother is distraught, take from that what you will. Anyhow I'm glad to finally hear from a paternal relative.

I just want to see if I have this right based on the aunty's comments on the Gather article... Dylan's mom and Cory should be looked at as having some sort of involvement with Dylan's disappearance. Obviously, it makes lots of sense that they could drive 6-7 hours from the Springs, quickly do something to Dylan, drive back to Colorado Springs, get the call from Dylan's dad and then drive back again. Just so that they could pin it on the Dad. WTF

Imo I think the aunt was assessing the situation as a whole.. where "messy and cruel" divorce is taking place, it's standard procedure to look at all involved parties and their circles. She didn't get specific suggesting that mom and the brother needed to be accounted for during that time, so I do give the aunt some credit for what I view as objectivity.

With that said, I'm not objective myself and am trying to keep my anger to a minimum!:furious:

It's chilly this morning, but at least it's calm and clear .... keeping hopes up for some break!

Respectfully snipped. This is another error in reporting -- the runaway theory is that Dylan was trying to hitch a ride to Bayfield, CO to see friends from his old hometown that he lived in before his mother moved him and his brother to Colorado Springs this past summer. Bayfield is a little over 5 hours from Colorado Springs so it does lend some credence to the theory that Dylan might not have waited to go back home because he was actually heading to see friends in Bayfield which is a far drive from his mother's house. So, it's plausibly that he might have hitched a ride to visit friends in his old hometown.

I still don't buy it, though, and I agree with IHAVENOCLUE that this is something the father could have easily put in the friends' heads by sending a text from Dylan's phone. "Hey, guys....hitching a ride to meet you later this afternoon...."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-fathers-Colorado-home.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Do any kids honestly hitchhike anymore? I dont even see many adults tryihng to hitchhike these days, not like i used to. I remember talking about it once with my older two kids (15 and 14), I think because we passed a guy hitching, and they were both pretty adamant that they'd never hitch because you never know what kind of a creeper you'd get picking you up.

I can't imagine a 13 year old "techie" kid hitching these days. Is it just me? A regional thing?

Since I know this is a victim/family friendly site, could someone post a link for me to where LE named his father as a POI or suspect? TIA

Please do not speculate about the father unless/until LE or MSM give us reason too. Right now this sounds like an upset teen, trying to figure things out for himself. He needs to be found and returned to his loved ones, before something bad happens.

Salem

bumping this up folks....

Since I know this is a victim/family friendly site, could someone post a link for me to where LE named his father as a POI or suspect? TIA

I was wondering the same thing Confusion--I am confused. I was going to ask where in this thread was info posted that indicated dad as a person of interest or the bad guy. I am sure it is speculation on someone's part but I would like to see something to back it up. jmo

What confuses me is that after a week, they aren't releasing any information at all. If LE was seeking the publics help in finding a live, healthy Dylan - you'd think they'd be telling us what to be looking for and the circumstances about his last known whereabouts. Not this story with more holes than a slice of swiss cheese. No PC, no word from MR. It's like they know what they are looking for and don't want to clue us in yet.

Reporter Kevin Torres' report last night on 9news is apparently where the fishing pole found info is coming from. Video should be posted on his FB page, or on 9news.com soon, I'd hope.

https://www.facebook.com/ReporterKevinTorres

Must say, I'll be looking forward to seeing more of Kevin... :innocent:

I hope we hear specifics today from Kevin about the fishing pole... who ID'ed it as Dylan's? Where was it found specifically? Was anything around it? How was it positioned? Was anything else found around it? Red flags all around with this!

Is it wrong that I also look forward to seeing more of Kevin? For his excellent reporting, of course :blushing:

I'm scratching my head over that too. Has it been said why this judge ordered this one day visit? Did dad request it or what? If I only had 1 day with my somewhat estranged teen, I would pack it full of fun things to do and places to go just to try to get reacquainted in a relaxed and fun environment.

From everything I've read the court ordered visit wasn't a 1-day visit.

Quote: Dylan was staying at his father’s house in Vallecito, about 22 miles northeast of Durango, Colorado since Sunday after 6th Judicial District Judge David Dickinson issued a court order granting his father visitation rights during the Thanksgiving holiday, sheriff's officials said.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...g-teen-dylan-redwine-who-disppeared-on-monday

Based on that statement and a very basic understanding of custody agreements I'd guess that Dylan was with his father for the week. Arrived that Sunday, possibly stayed through til Thanksgiving on Thursday and would return home to mom over the weekend. Just a guess. I know the reporting has said the last time Dylan saw his father was Labor Day weekend so maybe he was seeing his father every other major holiday and Tgiving was his dad's time with him. All jmo.

This post lands at random place...

I am having difficulties with computers.. so I am not thanking and responding as I would like...

Thank you to all of you for working so hard to find Dylan!

:seeya:

Good point, MSM and LE has not listed a person of interest or really much as far as specifics about a real theory as to what happened to poor little Dylan.

Until they do, I'll practice a little bit of sitting on my hands. :)

This post lands at random place...

I am having difficulties with computers.. so I am not thanking and responding as I would like...

Thank you to all of you for working so hard to find Dylan!

:seeya:

I don't think it is just you. Many times when I thank a post it doesn't post it. Even if I refresh, I may have to do the thanks again. I thought it was just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abi