CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would a parent really go "run errands" for 4 hours on the single day of visitation with his kid???

If all I had was a day with my kid, there would be no errands, no work, nothing but quality time.

Dad's absence seems to speak to a definite distance in their relationship. Moo.

Also according to that article:

Redwine lives with his mother and brother in Colorado Springs, about 25 miles from where he disappeared Nov. 19. Redwine’s parents divorced in 2007.

Seems strange that he flew 25 miles to visit. I know it is possible but why waste that money? Here to fly a short distance is much more than a long flight. jmo

:what: wouldnt a taxi be cheaper?? who flies 25 miles?? :waitasec:

Catching up on handsome Dylan. Thought I would man the scanner today ...

Why does this smell so wrong.... ? :(

imo

:what: wouldnt a taxi be cheaper?? who flies 25 miles?? :waitasec:

JMO but if mom and dad can't be around each other (just speculating) maybe they thought it would be safer for Dylan to fly rather than him wind up with a weirdo taxi driver? I don't know, but that's one reason I would buy him a plane ticket rather than a cab. MOO

Reporter Kevin Torres' report last night on 9news is apparently where the fishing pole found info is coming from. Video should be posted on his FB page, or on 9news.com soon, I'd hope.

https://www.facebook.com/ReporterKevinTorres

Must say, I'll be looking forward to seeing more of Kevin... :innocent:

JMO but if mom and dad can't be around each other (just speculating) maybe they thought it would be safer for Dylan to fly rather than him wind up with a weirdo taxi driver? I don't know, but that's one reason I would buy him a plane ticket rather than a cab. MOO

Why not just drive your own car and take him or pick him up? just wondering.

Hi,I am a longtime lurker and I am not sure what we are allowed to post but this link is to an article and what looks to be Dylan's aunt (dad's sister) commenting on the article. She wants to blame mom and her family ... Well it wont let me post the article link but the name of it is "Does father of Dylan Redwine know what happened?"

(Snipped by me)

I didn't get the impression she's intentionally attempting to cast doubt on the mom, but judging by what she posted, it seems to me the dad's not saying much to his sister either. I don't get the impression dad and his sister are in close communication.

I hope LE is making progress. Praying there are plenty of leads we don't know about.

Thanks for sharing the info, angiefly.

Also according to that article:

Redwine lives with his mother and brother in Colorado Springs, about 25 miles from where he disappeared Nov. 19. Redwine’s parents divorced in 2007.

Seems strange that he flew 25 miles to visit. I know it is possible but why waste that money? Here to fly a short distance is much more than a long flight. jmo

I think that this particular article was written by a really bad journialist. Dylan, his mom, and his older brother moved to Colorado Springs over the summer. Prior to that they lived in Bayfield, Co. which is located about 25 miles from Vallecito.
Colorado Springs is near Denver and at least a six and a half or seven hour drive, and several mountain passes away from Vallecito, hence the flying. hth

It's a stretch for me to accept the "help from a friend" theory. How would the "friend" get way out to the dad's house to backpack away with him? And where is the friend? The friend's parents?

I think too much time has elapsed for a theory like that to be likely, with no developments to that effect. Moo.

I think that this particular article was written by a really bad journialist. Dylan, his mom, and his older brother moved to Colorado Springs over the summer. Prior to that they lived in Bayfield, Co. which is located about 25 miles from Vallecito.
Colorado Springs is near Denver and at least a six and a half or seven hour drive, and several mountain passes away from Vallecito, hence the flying. hth

I think it's just a typo ... they are 295 miles apart, according to the first web hit I got when googling the distance between the two.

eta: Actually ... going back and reading, looks like just a chunk of something got dropped. Bayfield is described as 25 miles from where he went missing. (Vallecito to Bayfield is about 25 miles.)

I think it's just a typo ... they are 295 miles apart, according to the first web hit I got when googling the distance between the two.

eta: Actually ... going back and reading, looks like just a chunk of something got dropped. Bayfield is described as 25 miles from where he went missing. (Vallecito to Bayfield is about 25 miles.)

If that is correct, it makes more sense. What's with all this bad reporting? Thanks.

Morning All..Hope everyone got a couple hours of sleep! I DVR'ed GMA for the 'interview' and it was a pre-made package all of 30-45 seconds. Nothing new to us here at WS. :( And it was sandwiched between a couple of other stories. Hopefully something will come of that- someone local will see his face, a memory will be jogged, another TV show or newspaper will pick the story up today.

Any chance we can compile a list of new links from MSM that come out today in a post, and when another one of us finds a new article we can quote + update the previous post of MSM links? I think my OCD is kicking in as I'm getting emotionally worn down by Dylan's absence :-(.

Have the diver's gone back out to search the lake?Gotta go find the scanner .

Many of us were waiting for this discovery since dad mentioned Dylan's fishing pole was missing. Does dad check the location of Dylan's fishing rod on a daily basis? How did he even know that it was missing on this date? A neighborhood kid could have stolen it from the garage weeks ago.

Where is Dylan's backpack?

This was my first thought. My son (just a touch older than Dylan) fishes and golfs a lot. Do you know how long it would be before I noticed his pole or even big ol bag of clubs missing? Definitely not immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelChard