CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No dives yet today? Or did I miss that? So far all I've read is surveying the lake with the sonar equipment. Hopefully he is NOT in the lake. It would be nice for peace of mind if they found some piece of debris there so they can move on and put the lake behind them.

I thought she said he called her to tell her Dylan was missing. If he wasn't cooperating with her before.....I highly doubt her statement about him will make that better. Sorry for my cynicism. My son is going through a divorce and custody agreement right now. My precious 4 yr. old grandson is in the middle of it. Sometimes, the mom in these situations is the cause of the tension.....just saying....

True, the tension is often coming from w/in the parent's relationship.

But in this case, there is a 21 yr old son, who seems to be siding with his mom. So I think there is past history of the father having a bad temper. JMO

And if she is right about what happened, I doubt she cares if her statements about him will improve their relationship.

So, going with what we have....

We know that the following are missing and presumably with Dylan: backpack, phone, phone charger, fishing pole.

I can see Dylan taking a fishing pole, backpack, and phone to go fishing. But NOT a phone charger. That, for me, eliminates the possibility of a voluntary fishing trip.

I can see Dylan taking a backpack, phone, and phone charger to hitch a ride back to his hometown or back to mom's. But NOT a fishing pole. That, for me, eliminates the possibility of a voluntary trip back home.

These things just do not go together and SHOULD that fishing pole that was found on the dam turn out to be Dylan's, I just cannot believe that he would blow off plans with his friends without contacting them and go fishing, bringing his phone charger along just for the hell of it.

The evidence, for me, points to something more sinister. Someone was too sloppy in trying to get rid of evidence and set up an alibi. JMO.

Thank you. It's these two things I've been trying to articulate. You did it much better than me.

I realize that. But, what are the consequences if she didn't? I wish we had copies of the court order because I am thinking it might just be the new custody papers. Dad gets visitation certain holidays, weekends, etc.

Was this a special court order for that holiday and who got it. Did the father seek it out? We know very little about the situation and now the mom comes out with this statement. There would be no way in heck if what she says is true my son would go and be alone with him. Would have to be supervised. jmo

This is a touchy situation without having the court records. Normally, a standard visitation schedule is followed; if not, the schedule is worked out via the court.

If Mom didn't honor the court visitation order, she could be held in contempt of court and fined.

I had to put my screaming 2 year old daughter in my ex-husband's car...it was one of the hardest things a Mother has to do. She cried all night and he never asked for visitation rights again....I'm sure Dylan's Mom would right now trade the contempt of court charge for her baby....

Good point and I don't know. Usually by now someone has posted them so maybe they are not available. jmo

I tried to search for the divorce and custody records last night but wasn't able to find anything without paying. Maybe someone else is a better sleuther than me, though. :D

I cannot find anything on the dad.

Has LE said anything about the phone pinging?

I don't believe Colorado's marriage and divorce records are on line any more. They used to be listed by county in a database with bride and groom's name and date and county, but this was all taken off line several years ago. I imagine someone would have to actually go to the courthouse these days.

Mom says, mom says, mom says....that's fine. Doesn't mean she's telling the entire truth, does it? She still has friends in the area. She is staying with one of these friends. Saying dad could feel, "I can't have him, nobody will" makes no sense. Dad just got a court order allowing him to have his son for a week during Thanksgiving. He had his son with him. She is the one who didn't have her son......:twocents:

Without knowing much... okay without knowing anything that's going on behind the scenes, I wouldn't be surprised if dad got a lawyer one of these days. Just a hunch.

I'm not a superfan of any of the HLN evening shows but I do wish JVM or NG would cover this and have someone involved in the case (reporter, LE, family friend) on the show... they would both ask all of the questions many of us are wondering (but cannot ask yet) with the added liberty of doing some research we're also not able to do at this point.

Search efforts are wrapping up for the day. Two boats scanned the area near the dam three times and found nothing. I just interviewed one of the divers from New Mexico and she had some interesting things to say. You'll hear from her tonight on 9news at 9pm/10pm.

from kevin torres

Mom says, mom says, mom says....that's fine. Doesn't mean she's telling the entire truth, does it? She still has friends in the area. She is staying with one of these friends. Saying dad could feel, "I can't have him, nobody will" makes no sense. Dad just got a court order allowing him to have his son for a week during Thanksgiving. He had his son with him. She is the one who didn't have her son......:twocents:

She didn't have the son for one week only.

I tried to search for the divorce and custody records last night but wasn't able to find anything without paying. Maybe someone else is a better sleuther than me, though.

I just looked myself and everything has to be paid for. Maybe not a better sleuther but one with more money than I have. :)

My suspicions towards the father came way before I ever read anything that mom said. It is the father's version of events that don't add up. And the father's angry words, blaming LE for not going straight to the lake, since he told them already the fishing pole was missing. HINKY, imo.

I would have not sent him and let dad take me back to court and spend all his money. Didn't send my kids to their dads and he didn't do squat about it. (whole other story). I think something happened after that 8pm phone activity. Dad was out covering his tracks with his errand running in my opinion. I hope this turns out differently, but we've all been down this road before.

Search efforts are wrapping up for the day. Two boats scanned the area near the dam three times and found nothing. I just interviewed one of the divers from New Mexico and she had some interesting things to say. You'll hear from her tonight on 9news at 9pm/10pm.

from kevin torres

What a tease. Tell us for pete's sake. jmo

BBM

He didn't have his son with him when he left the house from 7:30 - 11:30 am to run errands.....unless he had him locked in the trunk-JMO

Wow. Strong statements by the mother. You know what they say about a mothers intuition. She's entitled to her opinion, she knows this man as she was married to him for a number of years and is probably well aware of how he reacts to things. If the divorce was so bitter, I can almost understand him not wanting to communicate with the ex wife, but I think the indication that the father is not even willing to engage and discuss the situation with his own son is troubling. Family comes together at times like this and put aside petty squabbles, like the Ridgeways did. Why is that apparently not happening here?

bbm - What do you mean by that?
She's his primary care giver and by everyone's account Dylan and his mother were genuinely close. She had sole custody and this was one of the few rare times the father actually had Dylan with him. It was part of a court ruling but I've seen nothing to indicate dad "got a court order" granting him this visit. In less than a day from arriving at his dad's house he went missing (best case scenario).
Again jmo but the mother has been extremely forthcoming at all times and is fully cooperating with LE and is throwing herself and her existence into finding her son. I can't say the same for everyone else, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett