CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the link to the report... Nothing new really. One diver states that the dogs she has worked with in New Mexico, she has full faith in the fact that they do hit on the actual area. The dogs that they are currently working on she has confidence in the dogs just can't say for sure whether or not to what they have hit on or not hit on.
http://www.9news.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=1990769785001

I just watched this video myself, towards the end of the video KT reported the dive team said,
"The scent could have easily drifted across the surface of the water.

That's a reasonable alternative. If he's not in the lake perhaps he was around the area but went somewhere else.

In defense of the father, his family members have said on other boards, that this is what happened that morning. Dad planned to give Dylan a ride, but Dylan wouldn't wake up. So Dad went to do his errands, and then came back at 11:30 to give him a ride to his friends.

So my question is, why are there no phone calls or texts between them to support this. Wouldn't he have left a note for Dylan, saying he was coming back to get him, call me when you wake up. And wouldn't he call home when he was on his way back, saying get ready, I will be there in 20 minutes?

It just seems odd that he would drive away at 7:30, and not communicate with his son, who was home alone, until 11:30 when he returned. Why not check in with him? That seems more like the logical thing to do.

ITA, And why wouldn't Dylan call or text his friends to let them know that "oops, he slept in" or "Sorry guys, I decided to go fishing instead." Why wouldn't he answer calls and respond to texts from his friends? And how early did his friends start trying to contact him?

Supposedly the phone, backpack and charger left with Dylan, so I would expect that he had it with him to use earlier. He had cell phone reception the night before and should have had cell phone reception the next morning as well.

The thank you button was not enough … I said the same thing yesterday!

Because he is both of those kids? No matter how outdoorsy he is, I still don't see Dylan traveling four miles to a lake to fish wearing shorts, tshirt and tennis shoes.

And where is his coat?

http://www.9news.com/video/default....&odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|featured
This was from yesterday morning. About 35 seconds into the video it says "Family members say crews have found Dylan's fishing pole." I haven't seen it written, just mentioned by the reporter in the video.

I'll take that reporting for what it is, but no more and no less. IMO it's a vague statement... can they confirm it's his? Where exactly was it found? How far from the water? What condition was it in? Are they absolutely certain it's Dylan's? Is the dad certain that the fishing pole was at the home on Sunday and was missing Monday when Dylan "disappeared"?

Personally it strikes me as odd that such a big piece of evidence like Dylan's fishing pole being found is basically being brushed over, but that's jmo.

I find it strange that Mom and Dad have such different descriptions of Dylan. From the article above...

She told the newspaper that Dylan is "a generational kid and tech-savvy" and wouldn't have gone to the woods.
Mark Redwine said his son is the type of kid who would go into the wild to fish or hike.
"I would describe him as being an athletic type of kid who loves being outdoors," he said.

Someone yesterday had good reasoning for this but I can't remember who. I will explain my own situation which appeared similar to hers.

My parents are divorced and growing up, I was at my dad's every other weekend. He lived in the country on a farm. My mom's house was also in the country but closer to town and I went to school there. With my mom, I was always with friends, on the phone, etc. etc. At my dad's, my sister and I would play in the woods, ride horses, watch movies with my dad. It was two completely different lifestyles. So maybe my dad would have described me as being a more outdoorsy person, whereas my mom would probably have described me as being into friends, etc. Does that make sense?

Also, who knows if dad is being honest. It makes the fishing story much more believable if Dylan is an "outdoorsy" kid.

Because he is both of those kids? No matter how outdoorsy he is, I still don't see Dylan traveling four miles to a lake to fish wearing shorts, tshirt and tennis shoes.

And where is his coat?

Exactly, he is both outdoorsy and tech savvy. And he is very social. He is 13, and a cute, popular kid. I don't see him ditching his friends that day just to go fishing in a remote lake all by himself, on foot. imo, 13 yr olds are all about their friends. He had not seen these friends for quite awhile. I cannot believe he decided to walk 4 miles to be al alone when he had three friends waiting for him to come over.

I can believe that he might try to hitch a ride to his friend's house. But that 'found' fishing pole, if it is true, messes up that theory.

In a case like this where a minor is missing under extreme/dangerous circumstances, and where his cell phone is likely on his mom's family plan... does LE need to obtain subpoenas for access to his cell records or do they have an easier time given the situation?

I think left to do nothing or something, Dylan would of played video games, and stuff(I checked his FB right after this went local)and it showed only one thing that might of been of any help....he had been on FB and added friends on Sunday. So he was doing as his mom said...heck he has 2 FB pages. Now on to the other, what dad sees. If left with no video games, no internet, and nothing but being outside I bet he does that too. So depending on what is available to Dylan would depend on the type of discription you would give. I mean in Bayfield of all places kids are outdoors, playing, and messing with animals...in a larger city like Colorado Springs, there is a skate place, games to play, and probably internet....plus his phone....two places to different types of outcomes, not hard to believe.

I was thinking something similar. If he's in the city then he does city things and in the country he does country things. If mom lives in a community with no lake or trails to hike, then she may not view him as a kid who loves to do that stuff. If dad lives where there is nothing BUT that kind of outdoor fun then and no / limited service on internet and cell service, then he views the kid as an outdoorsman !

Good post!

http://www.9news.com/video/default....&odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|featured
This was from yesterday morning. About 35 seconds into the video it says "Family members say crews have found Dylan's fishing pole." I haven't seen it written, just mentioned by the reporter in the video.

Thanks, I just find it odd that his dad would be saying this on sunday as well.
Just seems strange to say if it was found.

http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_22063185

Mark Redwine said Sunday that he hadn't been able to find the boy's fishing rod.

Posted: 11/25/2012 09:26:25 AM MST
Updated: 11/26/2012 01:32:23 AM MST

I don't think this whole indoors/outdoors thing is all that big of deal, but a lot of people seem to, so a couple of ideas: It appears that Dylan enjoyed doing outdoor stuff with his friends -- swimming, skate park, goofing around. Having spent some time in Colorado, with people who always seemed to be doing technical climbing, backcountry camping, whitewater rafting, I think maybe the question is one of degrees. When his mom said he's not outdoorsy (paraphrasing) maybe she meant that he's not into some of the more adventurous types of activities; he does more of the casual type of thing.

Secondly, I was thinking about this in terms of myself. On occasion I am forced to visit a place that makes me feel uncomfortable. While there, I tend to take long walks, spend hours at the lake, etc. Anything to stay out of the house and avoid the tension. Perhaps when Dylan was at his mom's, he liked being inside and around the family, playing games, talking, etc.; he felt comfortable. Maybe at his dad's he spend more time outdoors, to avoid interaction if there was some difficulty in the relationship?

Has anyone actually seen it written (msm, le) that a fishing pole (rod) has been found? Other then the dad not being able to find Dylan's has one been found?

No it was not written, I however did see it on the channel 9 news when it aired at 10pm. Because of it being a live stream there is no link to that.

btw o/t-ish Kevin Torres has appeared to return home (wherever home is for him) after covering Dylan's story - per his facebook. He did well on the story and I hope 9news has someone picking up in his place asap.

Goodbye Vallecito! Your community is friendly and you made me feel right at home. But now I have to return to my home. Hoping for Dylan's safe return!

I don't think this whole indoors/outdoors thing is all that big of deal, but a lot of people seem to, so a couple of ideas: It appears that Dylan enjoyed doing outdoor stuff with his friends -- swimming, skate park, goofing around. Having spent some time in Colorado, with people who always seemed to be doing technical climbing, backcountry camping, whitewater rafting, I think maybe the question is one of degrees. When his mom said he's not outdoorsy (paraphrasing) maybe she meant that he's not into some of the more adventurous types of activities; he does more of the casual type of thing.

Secondly, I was thinking about this in terms of myself. On occasion I am forced to visit a place that makes me feel uncomfortable. While there, I tend to take long walks, spend hours at the lake, etc. Anything to stay out of the house and avoid the tension. Perhaps when Dylan was at his mom's, he liked being inside and around the family, playing games, talking, etc.; he felt comfortable. Maybe at his dad's he spend more time outdoors, to avoid interaction if there was some difficulty in the relationship?

:goodpost: And :welcome4:

I'm in such a painful hockey withdrawal, I'd cheer for the Flyers today! :)

OT but I'll join you guys, but I'm not sure I could cheer for the Hawk or Wings. There's 40+ years of bitter rivalry ingrained in my brain.

Welcome dlc! ITA with both of your points. We've seen evidence in pictures and videos as well as in descriptions of Dylan that he has several varied interests, which seems very normal for a 13 year old boy. Even very outdoorsy adventerous sporty children spend time playing with their techy toys inside and vice versa. I'm the same way and I don't find that uncommon in most children or adults.

Also agree with you on the second comment. My problem is just when I look at everything added up I'm having trouble making sense of it all.

Great first post, glad you joined WS!

(I hope I quoted correctly...)

DLC, you make a very good point. Now that I think about, that is true about myself as well. In situations like that, if I can think of an activity (the longer it takes, the better) to remove myself from a tense household for a while (when we visit my in-laws, ahem...) I'm all for it. In tense situations like that, just sitting around the house can be pretty uncomfortable.

I'm not saying that is necessarily what Dylan did, but I can identify with that idea for sure!

Per 9News Live News broadcast: "Search of the Lake is Finished."

SAR teams are not at the lake today.

Additional FBI personnel are being added to the investigation.

9News expects more information from Police later this afternoon.

I was thinking something similar. If he's in the city then he does city things and in the country he does country things. If mom lives in a community with no lake or trails to hike, then she may not view him as a kid who loves to do that stuff. If dad lives where there is nothing BUT that kind of outdoor fun then and no / limited service on internet and cell service, then he views the kid as an outdoorsman !

Good post!

I've just thought myself into a circle. Hate when that happens. Ok, while I do believe all of the above to be true, now I'm wondering something else. Hopping up first thing in the morning on a cold day to hike off a long way to go fishing is the sign of an AVID fisherman. Right ? Only someone who is really dedicated to that would go to that trouble and go alone. I know some folks like that. They enjoy the solitude of the first morning bite and want to be alone. Is that Dylan? The kind who would ignore friends to go fish on a whim? If he IS that guy, wouldn't his mother know that he does really LOVE fishing? If he IS that guy, wouldn't he be excited to go to dad's house where he can ' get his fishing on ' ? Would court have had to compel him to visit? Would he have made a 'scowly' face emote on text after arriving if he was looking forward to that early morning fishing ? If he IS that guy wouldn't his friends say oh he LOVES fishing, he probably blew off visiting us to fish.

In a case like this where a minor is missing under extreme/dangerous circumstances, and where his cell phone is likely on his mom's family plan... does LE need to obtain subpoenas for access to his cell records or do they have an easier time given the situation?

I don't know who their carrier is but I have Verizon and can go online at any time and view the records for all 5 of the phones on our plan. It would show the time that texts are sent/received (including the other party's number) when phone calls were placed or answered (again including the other party's number & length of call) plus when voice mail is accessed and if/when the phone connects to the Internet (assuming a wifi connection isn't the access point).

Verizon also stores a copy of text messages for a set period of time (30 days I believe) and those can be obtained by request (and perhaps payment) of the account holder or LE subpoena.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member