CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Abby Normal Again
Just using the above post as a jumping point, not replying directly.

Re phones, mom's records or last calls are not the same as last activity. Like I said upthread, most services will not give information about data usage, location of phone, and similar tech details right away. Most companies don't even house this information in the same accessible way they house recent call lists.

So he could have a last known call time of 8, but been on phone internet or such until 10. Or the apparent contradiction could be just that. We don't know until LE tells us explicitly.

TGIRecovered:
With all due respect, can you please tell us where you are getting this information? Several posters have posted that in their own personal experience, they have been able to get these records in full with very little trouble and in short time. One poster has even done it twice with two different companies.

It doesn't usually take a long time to get a warrant. Sometimes it is a matter of a simple phone call in the middle of the night, especially when a child is in danger. I know this from being married to a police chief who has been a cop for 17 years, so I guess it is second hand knowledge, but that's just my ================================

You are BOTH right.

I was able to get IMMEDIATE logs of the calls/texts on cell phones before. But AbbyN is talking about info beyond that. In other words, my friend was able to see if her runaway DD had called or texted anyone or received calls or texts, and the last time she spoke or texted. But we could not get info about ping maps and where she was when she last used the phone. Nor could we get info immediately about if she went online and looked up anything during that time. I imagine LE would eventually be able to get all of that, but we did not have it on the logs we were shown.

But also, this was not a super duper smart phone her DD had. Maybe if the kid has a droid or an i-phone, there are better logs avaialble now.

Here, sneeze into this envelope and send it to me. I could use a break from my snarky teens and my self-absorbed husband's expectations. The kids loved me back when they were little. Now my 16 year tells me she doesn't think of me as her mother, I'm just another person who happens to live in the same house. (sigh...) Hubby just tells me to stop making her mad. Yup, that's it. I'm not parenting, I'm just making my teenager mad.

I'll be watching my mailbox and preparing to inhale!:seeya:

Ha. I remember those days, and not fondly. Sorry.

But let me say, my snarky, obnoxious teens are now 20 and 24, and they are SOOOO DIFFERENT now. Mature and kind and even compassionate. Who'd have imagined?

I remember when my 16 yr old DD wondered out loud if I even NEEDED a car. Why shouldn't she just take my Explorer herself, now that she worked so hard to get her DL. :mad:

Guys, what did the www <wicked witch of the west/ nancy disgrace> say in a nutshell? please and thanks.

I didn't watch the NG show but those who did were kind enough to keep us updated. She had Dan Bender on the phone, who was speaking for the investigation which now involves local LE and the Feds. No new info but he did confirm when the cell phone was last used and that they had interviewed Dylan's friends and many others, some more than once. The big push is to try to get anyone who might have recreational video with traffic from the main roads between the airport and the home in the background to let LE take a look at it. They are interested in the traffic between 6pm Sunday and noon Monday.

I don't think she made any wild claims or speculations and as usual there was re-hashing of stuff we already knew.

From jjenny's link:

The Task Force is asking the general public if they have any recreational video footage that includes vehicles traveling on main routes between Durango and Vallecito Lake, taken between 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, November 18 through noon on Monday November 19, to call dispatch at (970) 385-2900 to make an arrangements to get a copy of the footage to the Task Force.

http://www.krdo.com/news/Investigat...away/-/417220/17581046/-/xik41jz/-/index.html

:banghead::banghead:

Please don't get mad at me....
came someone re-post where I can watch NG's show from tonight??

All I can find is the interview with the friend....

TIA; really I do!!

I didn't watch the NG show but those who did were kind enough to keep us updated. She had Dan Bender on the phone, who was speaking for the investigation which now involves local LE and the Feds. No new info but he did confirm when the cell phone was last used and that they had interviewed Dylan's friends and many others, some more than once. The big push is to try to get anyone who might have recreational video with traffic from the main roads between the airport and the home in the background to let LE take a look at it. They are interested in the traffic between 6pm Sunday and noon Monday.

I don't think she made any wild claims or speculations and as usual there was re-hashing of stuff we already knew.

Thank you so much TGI

thank you TGF

I think the most interesting and edifying of all the guests was the family friend. Last name Hess. She said that when MR picked DR up from the airport they went to the grocery store and figured out what they were going to cook for Thanksgiving.
She also said that DR had make plans to meet his friends at 6:30 the next morning.
She said that DR had been up very late the night before and when they got home he was tired so they went to bed.
She said that DR's mom had primary custody and MR had holiday and certain visitation.
She said that everyone agreed that DR would not run off from his Dad's. She said that everyone in town knew DR.
It is a small town and it was not unusual to leave DR at home while MR ran errands.
NG asked her about the parents relationship and she would not comment on that saying she didn't really know how to answer that question. She said many times in divorce things aren't ideal.
She also said she had no idea what happened to DR no opinion, except to say she knows he would not have run off. FWIW I think I remembered it all.

Just to say these are not quotes by Ms.Hess but my paraphrasing from memory.

Hi!

I totally agree with kids making plans at night then not wanting to get up the next morning
BUT
this is Dylan's home stomping grounds (he only moved in July), these plans were made with his life-long friends - I think he would have set the alarm on his phone and been sitting on the couch waiting to leave.....or perhaps sitting in the car blowing the horn!! I mean he wanted to see them Sunday, the minute he got off the plane....JMO

Carrying this post from last thread
Maybe your kids Score... happy peppy like you- not stay up too late mumbly grumblies like me & mine. He was just there at Labor Day- and would be there over xmas too- and nothing but a school game or hunting in this house overrides sleeping very often. Puberty and peri menopause kick butt here...:what:

ETA: we can agree to disagree- or base it on personality type of kid IDC. I'm trying to put out anything that may strike up a valid lead as to where Dylan is!

IMO- it may be to discuss how Dylan liked his new situation- or didn't. His Dad said he stayed up very late the night he got there. Likely they talked about the move, new school, etc. Could have been the cost of travel, many other things. Also- probably Dad's first day off from work on a weekday. going to sit in the hot tub and hide now!

But hearing that the boy was up until 4 am makes me even more worried that he never used his cell that night. I thought maybe he was tired from his trip and fell asleep early. But it is hard for me to imagine a 13 yr old on vacation, and in his old hometown, NOT texting someone at some point. The only thing that makes sense to me is if dad took the cell away from him.

ETA: nevermind--he did go to bed early, apparently. But now I wonder why he could not wake up the next morning to go to his friends...lol

I find it interesting that there have not been many...sometimes not any comments on the articles in the local MSM. Am I just missing them because I don't sign in on their websites or have you all noticed this?

Also, we usually get a few locals chiming in on a case like this by the time it gets this much coverage. Where are the neighbors, co-workers and friends? Are any family members out there reading? Do they know how hard we are trying to find what happened to Dylan?

:seeya: Hello Guests!:seeya:

If you know Dylan or his family and are looking for answers, or if you are just concerned for his safety, please sign up and post with us! We could use your input and knowledge of the area! :uthere:

I think the most interesting and edifying of all the guests was the family friend. Last name Hess. She said that when MR picked DR up from the airport they went to the grocery store and figured out what they were going to cook for Thanksgiving.
She also said that DR had make plans to meet his friends at 6:30 the next morning.
She said that DR had been up very late the night before and when they got home he was tired so they went to bed.
She said that DR's mom had primary custody and MR had holiday and certain visitation.
She said that everyone agreed that DR would not run off from his Dad's. She said that everyone in town knew DR.
It is a small town and it was not unusual to leave DR at home while MR ran errands.
NG asked her about the parents relationship and she would not comment on that saying she didn't really know how to answer that question. She said many times in divorce things aren't ideal.
She also said she had no idea what happened to DR no opinion, except to say she knows he would not have run off. FWIW I think I remembered it all.

Okay, I am confused again. Some people are posting that Dad said Dylan stayed up really really late and was too tired to wake up early the next morning to go to town.

Now this family friend said he was tired and went right to bed. If he went right to bed, then why couldn't he get up to go to his friends that morning?

But hearing that the boy was up until 4 am makes me even more worried that he never used his cell that night. I thought maybe he was tired from his trip and fell asleep early. But it is hard for me to imagine a 13 yr old on vacation, and in his old hometown, NOT texting someone at some point. The only thing that makes sense to me is if dad took the cell away from him.

Out of curiosity did dad say he was up until 4am?

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/11/28/friend-missing-boy-family-speaks
You have a great memory! The video of this is available online, but I think you hit all the highpoints.

I am with you on much of your possible scenarios. But Dad did have a landline, so he could have called his friends from dads.

But let's say he did call his friends. And one of them or their older brother, was old enough to drive. And they picked him up that morning. Maybe something accidental happened and they are trying to cover it up now.

The friends have said he hitch hikes all of the time, and they have said they tried to reach him all day, but he never picked up. I hope LE is looking at that to see if it is true.
BBM
I've wondered about this exact same thing...not sleuthing minors, just saying that some of the shots of the vigil show boys laughing and obviously the boys may not understand the solemness of a vigil but also the fact that the kids were so quick in their interview to say
"The boys said Dylan wasn’t shy about hitching rides.

“Honestly, I think he was walking into Bayfield and got taken away,” he said.

Wesley agreed.

“I don’t think he’s one to run away,” he said.

Ryan said he texted and called Dylan’s phone all day but didn’t get replies.
BBM
IDK... I just don't get it. I hope mom really knows what kind of kids these are and that they are telling the whole truth. JMO :sigh:
http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121124/NEWS01/121129756/Mystery-lingers-over-missing-teen

I think we really need to find out if his FB or xbox or landline was used, and if his phone was dead or not. My younger teens use FB or Ipod touch or tablet to text in the house. House is too insulated to get a cell phone signal.

I find it interesting that there have not been many...sometimes not any comments on the articles in the local MSM. Am I just missing them because I don't sign in on their websites or have you all noticed this?

Also, we usually get a few locals chiming in on a case like this by the time it gets this much coverage. Where are the neighbors, co-workers and friends? Are any family members out there reading? Do they know how hard we are trying to find what happened to Dylan?

:seeya: Hello Guests!:seeya:

If you know Dylan or his family and are looking for answers, or if you are just concerned for his safety, please sign up and post with us! We could use your input and knowledge of the area! :uthere:

Earlier in the last thread someone, maybe a local, posted that this community was very cliquey. Maybe they are also very private. Just a thought.

I wish they would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member