CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re-reading some "old" articles, this raises questions again for me:

bbm - I would be interested in hearing mom's (and dad's) take on how typical or atypical this is of Dylan -- is he conscientious of turning the tv off when he's done or is he more forgetful? I know some parents are far more strict about this than others and some kids (and adults!) are much more responsible about turning the TV off when they're done watching or when they go into another room.

If Dylan had the mindset of I'm going to head out to my friends' or hitch hike or go fishing or I have someone picking me up down the road or whatever, he ate his cereal, packed his backpack and left the house.. wouldn't he turn the off? Or for him specifically would it make sense to leave the house under non-urgent circumstances but leave the TV on? When I was 13 if my parents came home to find the TV on and me missing they would go into panic mode.

Wow, you ask a very good question.

So sorry to read this. Was your child found and ok?
I can't imagine (well actually I can) how overwhelming your situation was (is)

Thanks kkdj....yes he was found. He was ok. Months of therapy ensued. Life was never the same. But hope burns eternal...and I am grateful.

They only released one photo from Walmart.

NO they didnt ,there is 3 different ones taken in walmart and I saw them for myself so I know they exist...to the person wanting to see the picture just tell me how to put it up and I will as ive never done so before..CAPITION READS: NEW PHOTOS OF DYLAN REDWINE RELEASED ....<modsnip>

Interesting to note that there is a train depot in Durango(but it appears to be scheduled for the times off when MR and DR were there) within a block of the McDonalds, but they have paid parking which is right next to McDonalds....wonder if anyone in that area saw anything, as it is very hard to find parking down town so it is possiable that it was still in use...have to purchase a parking ticket.

Does the McD have a drive-through? I'm guessing that's why we don't have video for that stop.

Well, any kid that would put up his cereal bowl would certainly cut off the TV, right? ;)

NO they didnt ,there is 3 different ones taken in walmart and I saw them for myself so I know they exist...to the person wanting to see the picture just tell me how to put it up and I will as ive never done so before

Hi Hogwash, just post the link to where you found them.

NO they didnt ,there is 3 different ones taken in walmart and I saw them for myself so I know they exist...to the person wanting to see the picture just tell me how to put it up and I will as ive never done so before

There are 3 Walmart photos? Oh my....I haven't seen them all. Just one from the airport, one from Walmart.

What kind of question is that?

I am saying that if I thought my kid was last at the lake, then I would go to the lake. If they found another deceased kid at the lake, then LE would have a huge problem thats bigger than 1 missing kid.

I don't understand what you're asking me...

I'm sorry, didn't mean to offend you. You had said it your child was missing and a body was found, that LE couldn't keep you away, it's your child. I was thinking that if there was more than one child missing and a body was found, what if it wasn't your child but the other person's child.

I was thinking as far as rushing down there as a parent and it turns out not to be your child. I was just thinking outside the box, because let's face it, when a body is found, until officially identified, no one knows who it is. Sorry if I didn't put that clearly.

Well, any kid that would put up his cereal bowl would certainly cut off the TV, right? ;)

:floorlaugh:
Sorry no offense meant I just thought of mine and I couldn't help it!:angel:

Just post the link to those photos.

I'm sorry, didn't mean to offend you. You had said it your child was missing and a body was found, that LE couldn't keep you away, it's your child. I was thinking that if there was more than one child missing and a body was found, what if it wasn't your child but the other person's child.

I was thinking as far as rushing down there as a parent and it turns out not to be your child. I was just thinking outside the box, because let's face it, when a body is found, until officially identified, no one knows who it is. Sorry if I didn't put that clearly.

It's ok Seajay...but if my child was missing and there was some type of unidentified kid found, I would go. It is the most helpless feeling in the world when your child is gone. You would do anything...anything....to get them back. It's maddening...for the whole family.

My other 3 children were very scarred by their brother's disappearance. They were young but still remember the event clearly. They call me many times a day to let me know they are ok....and to see if I'm ok (and they are young adults now). If they are two towns over and hear sirens, they call me and say, "Momma, if you hear sirens, I'm ok." My husband said we are all "marked" forever because of that one event 8 years ago.

And he's right.

Does the McD have a drive-through? I'm guessing that's why we don't have video for that stop.

Yes it does, but also parking lot that is paid parking right behind it could even be in same lot as McDonalds, you can actually see the parking lot little building from right infront of mcdonalds. Wonder if there is camera there.

My hubby has a horrible temper! Not physically violent, but omg! His mouth gets unbelievable!
All of our friends and family thinks he's mr. Mellow.
He never exposes that ugly side to anybody but me.
I hope.....

I have the same problem with my husband and around everyone else he is perfectly fine. He gets very controlling and manipulative and just plain ole mean with me. It is very stressful.

:floorlaugh:
Sorry no offense meant I just thought of mine and I couldn't help it!:angel:

Oh no, tiredblondy...I know what you meant! LOL My grandparents were dogmatic about every light being cut off when you left the room or when you went to bed. They had one little teeny tiny nightlight for their whole house. When I went to stay with them, night time was pitch dark except for that one little light. They would have a little fit if they saw the lamps I burn around here now! ha

Wondering why they didn't release video footage so we could see Dylan's mannerisms and the way he walks etc. if he is with a predator, it could be very helpful to the public and increase the odds of someone recognizing him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The question that runs through my mind about dad saying he ran some errands is just that, If your child were missing you would be specific "I went to the hardware store, then got some groceries, paid some bills and cashed a check. You would say that right away! You would not just say I ran some errands. You would give details. Read Peter Hyatt's blog about statement analysis.

When MR stated that the television was on Nickleodeon he could have just been referring to the last channel that was on before the TV was shut off. Not sure if he was implying that the television itself was actually turned on.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member