CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, if I were one of the parents, I would have searched my hinney off. Really. If I truly believed my child was at the lake, hell couldn't stop me from being at that lake. I would go anywhere anytime they would let me. I would call, organize, drive, or serve hot dogs to those who were willing to help. Anything. I don't get that here and its bothering me alot. Just saying....

Why? Parents of missing children presumably want attention paid to their children so these children can be found. How is lashing out at reporters going to help that?

I didn't say it would be helpful, just perhaps a human response.
Sometimes reporters ask ridiculous questions, i.e. "how does it feel..."

Re-reading some "old" articles, this raises questions again for me:

bbm - I would be interested in hearing mom's (and dad's) take on how typical or atypical this is of Dylan -- is he conscientious of turning the tv off when he's done or is he more forgetful? I know some parents are far more strict about this than others and some kids (and adults!) are much more responsible about turning the TV off when they're done watching or when they go into another room.

If Dylan had the mindset of I'm going to head out to my friends' or hitch hike or go fishing or I have someone picking me up down the road or whatever, he ate his cereal, packed his backpack and left the house.. wouldn't he turn the off? Or for him specifically would it make sense to leave the house under non-urgent circumstances but leave the TV on? When I was 13 if my parents came home to find the TV on and me missing they would go into panic mode.

Oh my don't ask me how many times I came home to find the tv on with the all the lights on and no one home! Not to mention twice I came home and the front door and screen door were standing open. My stepson and my son guilty at different times.

I'm telling you no matter what I said or did it would still happen on occasion. Scatterbrained and had their minds on where they were going next I guess.

This never happened with my daughter just the boys!

I looked for snakes in the house and all kinds of wild critters the times the doors were left open. (We lived in the middle of the woods.)

First time I was a little unnerved until I saw the tv on then I knew exactly what happened. I taped notes on the door handle every morning when I left for a reminder or on the bathroom mirror and once on the commode lid threating severe consequences if it ever happened again...after the 3rd time eventually it worked.

I think it's clearly an error. If you read the transcript itself, obviously it should say Bayfield.

And yet there was talk of his glove, the game, etc....good grief, I just wish we knew if fishing was on the agenda.

BTW, if I were one of the parents, I would have searched my hinney off. Really. If I truly believed my child was at the lake, hell couldn't stop me from being at that lake. I would go anywhere anytime they would let me. I would call, organize, drive, or serve hot dogs to those who were willing to help. Anything. I don't get that here and its bothering me alot. Just saying....

They don't want parents there. If the child is found, it's not pretty. No parents should see that. I was a bit shocked his brother was at the lake when the divers were there.

Someone posted earlier today that they felt the word "baseball" was put into the transcripts in error and that this was never mentioned. Anyone know for sure, not that it really matters, really.

Correct...it was Bayfield. I heard it live and just double checked it on the DVR.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

I would like to ask dad,
"What kind of cereal did Dylan like? What kind did he eat that morning?"

Oh my don't ask me how many times I came home to find the tv on with the all the lights on and no one home! Not to mention twice I came home and the front door and screen door were standing open. My stepson and my son guilty at different times.

I'm telling you no matter what I said or did it would still happen on occasion. Scatterbrained and had their minds on where they were going next I guess.

This never happened with my daughter just the boys!

I looked for snakes in the house and all kinds of wild critters the times the doors were left open. (We lived in the middle of the woods.)

First time I was a little unnerved until I saw the tv on then I knew exactly what happened. I taped notes on the door handle every morning when I left for a reminder or on the bathroom mirror and once on the commode lid threating severe consequences if it ever happened again...after the 3rd time eventually it worked.

We are all terrible with living lights And the tv on.

I leave the tv on for the dog when I leave....lol

They don't want parents there. If the child is found, it's not pretty. No parents should see that. I was a bit shocked his brother was at the lake when the divers were there.

They may not want me there but I would be there. Its my child. Mine. And that's the way you feel.

They may not want me there but I would be there. Its my child. Mine. And that's the way you feel.

I think I would be incapable of sitting home waiting for a call. I'd need to be hanging posters, talking to people, searching the woods....

Wild horses couldn't keep me away!!!

I go into autopilot when there is an emergency around here. I just shut down and go numb. I do what needs to be done. Kids needed stitches or whatever, took them to ER, stayed with him until it was over. Came home, decided since it was over there was nothing to cry about.

Different people react differently. For instance when my grandson was first born he had breathing problems. He was rushed to ER where he quit breathing in the waiting room. My DIL went into hysterics. While the baby was in ER being worked on, she was outside falling apart, my son was with her. I was so PO'ed about that. IMO you stay with your kids, you don't indulge yourself in your own feelings. Not then. Maybe later.

What if it turned out it was another child who was missing/found deceased and it wasn't yours???

I can only say I have been that parent...the one whose child is missing. Not everyone is going to act the same. I am fairly controlled in crisis situations but fall apart after. I guess it depends on the make up of the individual.

But...but...there's something there in this case. Can't say more. Besides, I am sad today anyway...
Just wish we could have more happy endings.

:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Interesting to note that there is a train depot in Durango(but it appears to be scheduled for the times off when MR and DR were there) within a block of the McDonalds, but they have paid parking which is right next to McDonalds....wonder if anyone in that area saw anything, as it is very hard to find parking down town so it is possiable that it was still in use...have to purchase a parking ticket.

I can only say I have been that parent...the one whose child is missing. Not everyone is going to act the same. I am fairly controlled in crisis situations but fall apart after. I guess it depends on the make up of the individual.

But...but...there's something there in this case. Can't say more. Besides, I am sad today anyway...
Just wish we could have more happy endings.

So sorry to read this. Was your child found and ok?
I can't imagine (well actually I can) how overwhelming your situation was (is)

What if it turned out it was another child who was missing/found deceased and it wasn't yours???

What kind of question is that?

I am saying that if I thought my kid was last at the lake, then I would go to the lake. If they found another deceased kid at the lake, then LE would have a huge problem thats bigger than 1 missing kid.

I don't understand what you're asking me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06