CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If MR was *that* drunk, then he would have been driving intoxicated on Monday when visiting his lawyer.

Possibly.... The lawyer has no reason to give him an alcohol test...

Possibly.... The lawyer has no reason to give him an alcohol test...

No but if he drove into town, all the police officers there would have had ample reason to give him an alcohol test. It's hard to cover up DUI in broad daylight. Not impossible but hard.

I'm not discounting what you've gone through or what you've accomplished since then, but not everyone who drinks (even alcoholics) acts/feels the same way. I think it's great that you have been able to control it. I know more "drunks" who could go for a day without drinking than I know who couldn't. That's all MR would have had to have done by the time he picked him up. I drank a lot when I was young, a quart of whiskey and a few beers in a night wasn't unusual. I had blackouts, temper tantrums, drove drunk and other things I'm not proud of; however, I could go for weeks or months without a drink when If needed/chose to. After about 7 years of drinking like that, I decided to quit, and I did (for over 35 years so far). How do we know that MR is the kind of drinker you were and not the kind I was?

I have no idea if he did anything to DR or not, but I see absolutely no evidence that shows that it HAS to be true that he did. MOO
maybe he did drink like how you described..IMO either scenario IMO equals the same as in horrible situation for Dylan either way..jmo..

In context that (to me) says he thinks they should be looking for him together, not that they should get remarried. Just IMHO.

I respect your interpretation. Am basing my opinion on similar comments from past cases, and learning that there is always some truth thrown into an innocent sounding comment (or other times a lie). Am under the impression he did not want this divorce and may have seen Dylan's disappearance as a chance of reuniting. jmo

ETA: posting his quote again and BBM:
“Unfortunately, his mother and I don’t see eye to eye,” he said. “I wish it could be different, because at a time like this, we should be together.”
http://durangoherald.com/apps/pbcs.d...te=printpicart

The bolded part is very telling, the whole statement is, but especially the bolded, for me. jmo

IMO that's motive

So the plot was to murder his son so an ex-wife he had fought bitter custody battles for years with would come running back into his arms? That's... an interesting idea.

I know if I had a kid who was visiting my estranged wife, and the kid vanished, I'd probably be a little upset and not want to get back together with them, but maybe I'm an odd duck.

In context that (to me) says he thinks they should be looking for him together, not that they should get remarried. Just IMHO.

That coupled with his other comments about dinner, buddy buddy... The long ongoing court proceedings all lead me to believe he was the one that couldn't move on. And it was all about his ex wife, not Dylan. That child was a pawn to his dad. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are two Mark Redwines associated with Greensboro. Dylan's dad, who is 51, and the other is 60 years old.

According to intelius anyways.

He never flew Dylan home non-stop, I'm not sure where you got that info. There aren't any non-stop flights between Colorado Springs and Durango. He wanted to fly him direct which is different.

I don't have the link but I do remember reading that when Dylan flew to MR's last time he had a lay over and ER was not happy with that so this time MR flew him non stop!

Probably part of the court order!

No but if he drove into town, all the police officers there would have had ample reason to give him an alcohol test. It's hard to cover up DUI in broad daylight. Not impossible but hard.

Are you kidding?..and I'm not being snarky here but rather just stating true facts..drunks drink and drive all day everyday..morning til night and night til morning ..and sadly by far and wide the vast majority do it without being "caught"..just as you mentioned earlier many times when someone gets a dui..there's a multitude of times they've driven drunk and not received one..

Sad to say it's more than possible..it happens all day long everywhere..jmo.

That coupled with his other comments about dinner, buddy buddy... The long ongoing court proceedings all lead me to believe he was the one that couldn't move on. And it was all about his ex wife, not Dylan. That child was a pawn to his dad. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He said he didn't want to have dinner together or be buddy buddy, and she was also involved in those long divorce proceedings. How does that prove that he couldn't move on? I can't see why he would have to give up his son in order to move on in his life. MOO

I don't have the link but I do remember reading that when Dylan flew to MR's last time he had a lay over and ER was not happy with that so this time MR flew him non stop!

You may be remembering wrong. There aren't any non-stop commercial flights from Colorado Springs to Durango, we've checked. The shortest flights would stop in Denver.

He wanted to try to find a direct flight so Dylan wouldn't need to get off the plane.

There are a lot of people out there who can drive under the influence without giving it away. Whats even scarier, is some drive/work/function better under the influence than they do sober! :what:
Considering that LE is asking for photos or video of the route between Durango and Vallecito, between 6:00 p.m. Sunday night and noon Monday, am guessing there wasn't much LE presence on the road that day - jmo, again.

He never flew Dylan home non-stop, I'm not sure where you got that info. There aren't any non-stop flights between Colorado Springs and Durango. He wanted to fly him direct which is different.

$343.76 + $37.20 (taxes) = $380.96
Final Total Price (incl. fees)

Best Price Guarantee!

Super Saver Fare

Colorado Spgs (COS)
Denver (DEN) 06:00am - 18Dec, Tue
06:44am - 18Dec, Tue Nonstop
Coach

Super Saver Fare

Denver (DEN)
Durango La Plata (DRO) 08:09am - 18Dec, Tue
09:10am - 18Dec, Tue Nonstop
Coach
Flight Duration : 1hr 45min Layover Time : 1hr 25min Total Trip Time: 3hr 10min
Select this Departure

Super Saver Fare

Durango La Plata (DRO)
Denver (DEN) 09:40am - 02Jan, Wed
10:42am - 02Jan, Wed Nonstop
Coach

Super Saver Fare

Denver (DEN)
Colorado Spgs (COS) 12:15pm - 02Jan, Wed
12:52pm - 02Jan, Wed Nonstop
Coach

http://www.cheapoair.com/Default.aspx?tabid=1685&t=f&FSS=google&sid=1

It said the last time he had to change planes, and this time he wanted a direct flight. That's not the same thing. MOO

$343.76 + $37.20 (taxes) = $380.96
Final Total Price (incl. fees)

Best Price Guarantee!

Super Saver Fare

Colorado Spgs (COS)
Denver (DEN) 06:00am - 18Dec, Tue
06:44am - 18Dec, Tue Nonstop
Coach

Super Saver Fare

Denver (DEN)
Durango La Plata (DRO) 08:09am - 18Dec, Tue
09:10am - 18Dec, Tue Nonstop
Coach
Flight Duration : 1hr 45min Layover Time : 1hr 25min Total Trip Time: 3hr 10min
Select this Departure

Super Saver Fare

Durango La Plata (DRO)
Denver (DEN) 09:40am - 02Jan, Wed
10:42am - 02Jan, Wed Nonstop
Coach

Super Saver Fare

Denver (DEN)
Colorado Spgs (COS) 12:15pm - 02Jan, Wed
12:52pm - 02Jan, Wed Nonstop
Coach

http://www.cheapoair.com/Default.aspx?tabid=1685&t=f&FSS=google&sid=1

That flight stops in Denver. It says it right there.

You may be remembering wrong. There aren't any non-stop commercial flights from Colorado Springs to Durango, we've checked. The shortest flights would stop in Denver.

He wanted to try to find a direct flight so Dylan wouldn't need to get off the plane.

Mark Redwine did say in one of the interviews that it was a bone of contention between he and Elaine, Dylan flying non-stop verses a connecting flight. So that gives me the impression there may be a non-stop option, jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth