Status
Not open for further replies.
Dad made the allegation but a judge felt secure enough
in the belief that it was true to order her to not consume
alcohol in the presence of the kids. So to me, that sounds
like the allegation had some merit to it. Maybe the kids
confirmed it? Who knows? But it's not just an allegation
once a judge makes orders.

If one parent makes allegations about alcohol or drugs and there is a lot of proof (a recent arrest, the parent is fired for drinking on the job, or worse shows up to court drunk, etc.) I have seen judges suspend visitation until the other parent completes a drug and alcohol assessment, or drug testing for a period of time, etc. They don't play around.

The fact that this was just an order not to consume alcohol around the kids, I've seen that a lot in instances where the judge has an allegation, but no real proof. It's a no brainer for a judge because for a parent who is not an addict, this will be a very easy request to follow - it's not overly restrictive. The judge does NOT have to find the allegation to be true in order to put something like that in place.

You think the judge would order mom to not
drink around the kids strictly on MR's words?
I have never been through a divorce, so
I can't understand all of the ins and outs. But
I didn't know you could just make an allegation
against the other parent and a judge force them
to change their actions without proof? Since drinking
is not a crime, I find that odd. But I dont ' know.
I would definitely trust the word of someone whose
been through a nasty divorce if they said this is how
the judges operate. I have no clue.

I haven't personally been through a nasty divorce, but have a close friend that is currently. My friends case has been going on four years and counting. Yes, judges make orders based on the word of one party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In addition to that, LE goes out of their way at every opportunity to explicitly say MR is not a suspect. Something that has bugged me this whole time, considering the lack of solid evidence developed so far in the investigation. Normally at this stage they keep all options open and certainly don't clear the last person seen with Dylan. Sure looks like LE has been putting MR at ease to let down his guard and make a mistake.

Just want to add, that LE said that they were not releasing what they did or didn't find at the house or what they did or didn't remove; just as they said they would not release any info from the official interview he gave to LE. Am thinking they have something, but we just don't know what it is. They are just trying to build as solid a case as possible.
While its frustrating, I'd rather they keep it under wraps to assure a conviction, then to release it and give him a chance to get off because he was well aware of their hand.

On the other hand, in Susan Powell's case, they did declare Josh Powell as a person of interest, and nothing came of that either. Well, not in the way many of us wanted, that is. :furious:

My Dad was an alcoholic. I loved him dearly. He never laid a hand on me when he was drinking. (I got plenty of spankings tho when I misbehaved.) He got drunk almost every night of the week. Owned his own business. Always paid his bills on time. Never got a DWI or had a MVA. He drove our family home from the VFW every night drunk! Don't know how he did it. Got up sober the next morning. Worked a full day's hard work at his business but boy when that 5 oclock whistle blew, he hit the bottle for another night. He did that most of my childhood and into adulthood.

I know this is probably not the life of most alcoholics. He did quit drinking when I was grown and married and died sober. He was not mean or hurtful to any of us.

I guess what I am saying is that MR could be an alcoholic and still hold down a driving job. But then again, any man who could bang the family friend with the kid watching probably is not very responsible either. I guess it's late. I'm going night-night. Hope tomorrow brings Dylan home.

I still think the key to this mystery is 8PM Sunday night. Moo

:eek:fftobed:

Jmo, but I now feel like maybe the "scowlie face" sweet Dylan sent in his last text msg to mom letting her know that yes, dad had in fact picked him up from the airport was his sad and/or angry at possibly seeing dad had been drinking..not accusing just really thinking on this sweet boys last words/texts..jmo.

Maybe Mark did take the phone and cut it off or even smash it in seeing that Dylan was trying to send a text to mom saying hey, dads been drinking??..idk..jmo.

I think we could tell a lot if they would simply release those Walmart videos.

Perhaps somebody noticed MR and Dylan and could tell what was going on between the two of them.

Tick Tock on those video's. I am sure they will put them out in a month when it will do no good at all. Tick Tock.

If one parent makes allegations about alcohol or drugs and there is a lot of proof (a recent arrest, the parent is fired for drinking on the job, or worse shows up to court drunk, etc.) I have seen judges suspend visitation until the other parent completes a drug and alcohol assessment, or drug testing for a period of time, etc. They don't play around.

The fact that this was just an order not to consume alcohol around the kids, I've seen that a lot in instances where the judge has an allegation, but no real proof. It's a no brainer for a judge because for a parent who is not an addict, this will be a very easy request to follow - it's not overly restrictive. The judge does NOT have to find the allegation to be true in order to put something like that in place.

Ok Tks

And :O Katie Scarlett OHara ! Nice pic ! ;)

He picks up Dylan, who is "happy" according to Mark (i.e. wouldn't run away because he was "happy") at 6ish.

Dylan is very overtired but excited to hookup with his friends later.

At just after 7, he texts his mom that he arrived.

Mark decides they need to go to walmart, food shopping, and McDonalds. Dylan is probably a little annoyed over this. Then Mark says it's too late to go to the friend's house. So they go home.

At some point, he texts his friends.

Dylan's phone is turned off or dies around 8. Given the shopping and travel, they probably weren't home yet?

Dylan falls asleep on the couch. He does not plug in his phone, nor turn it on.

Dad wakes up Dylan to tell him he's leaving with or without him. Dad leaves.

Dylan turns on pre-teen TV for noise while he eats a bowl of cereal. He puts on the clothes he wore yesterday. He realizes he can't check his texts because the phone isn't charged. He doesn't plug it in so he can turn it on and at least check his texts, or text a friend, or get the friend's phone number. And he doesn't get on the computer to communicate with his friends. And he doesn't use the home phone to call anyone. And he doesn't call dad for an ETA.

Instead he packs up his backpack and his fishing rod to hitchhike, obviously planning to fish at some point. He leaves the ipod behind (wants to fish quietly). He sets out to hitchhike, in shorts and a t-shirt, even though the average temp for the day is 38 degrees. And realistically he'll probably be coming home in the dark, when it's much colder.

He gets in the first car that stops, and no cars see thumbing for a ride prior to that. That car happens to contain a monster. The monster is able to control a 13 year old boy (possibly via a weapon he just happened to have immediately available?) in order to force him into the car and to stay in the car. He immediately makes sure Dylan can't turn on his phone.

Dad thinks nothing of Dylan being missing, with no note or voice mail or text, when he gets home later than expected at 11:30. Instead he hangs out until it's dark out, and then checks with the friends.

Cadaver dogs show a hit for human remains from the surface of the nearby largest lake.

Just reviewing the timeline :

Sunday night, 6PM - 8PM: Dylan's arrival and walk through wal-mart, last cell phone activity.

Sunday night, 8PM - Monday Morning 8AM'ish: (approx. 12 hour window) Whereabout's of MR not accounted for.

Monday morning, 8AM - 11:30 AM: running errands in town, as verified by LE.

Monday afternoon, 11:30AM - 4:30PM: (approx. 5 hour window) Whereabout's of MR not accounted for.

Monday afternoon, after 4:30PM : MR begins searching for Dylan.

IIRC, Mark said he started searching for Dylan after he got home at 11:30 upon returning from his errands. I believe it was appx 4:30 or so he reported Dylan missing and also let Elaine know Dyland was missing. On a side note, I read he texted her that Dylan was missing? Has this been verified? If thats true, talk about cold! :furious:

I haven't personally been through a nasty divorce, but have a close friend that is currently. My friends case has been going on four years and counting. Yes, judges make orders based on the word of one party.

Thank you for clearing it up.
It seems strange but they're the judge.
I am just thinking of all the parents who abuse that
and make outlandish claims for no reason just because
a judge will make an order .
Wouldn't the world be nice if everyone was honest ?

The 8 was what number on the list this charge was. 51 is his age. Then there was the zip for Greensboro, NC. Unfortunately, it does not give me the year of the charge. I'm going to guess he was convicted if it's showing up on a public criminal records search.

Hmm, I have to ask but... is this the same MR? I know he used to live in NC, but that was a while ago, and there's no way he was 51 back then.

I've been in that camp Flyer, for days.
I think the video from walmart made me think
he might have made it to dad's house but
I'm not sure of anything. I only wish he'd had
a happy sweet little boy carefree life before
this happened..........whatever this is. I do think
it's a slight possibility that he might have run off ,though,
just slight. Who would want to live through that ?

Honestly I don't think kids run off because their divorced parents keep fighting.

I think kids simply adjust. However with that said making a 13 year old boy visit a father he doesn't want to visit can be explosive.

It will be interesting to read the court documents on how that came about and what everybody had to say before that order was issued.

Anybody happen to know why Dylan didn't make it on the first flight and was delayed til that second day? I don't think we have explored that one.

Please forgive me, but why are so many people so sure that Dylan is DEAD. It's a horrible thought, yet so many are working overtime to come up with scenerios and justifications for that child being DEAD.

That's not ok with me. It's not ok with me to think that child is dead let alone have it all worked out how a particular person did it.

A person who drinks, mother or father doesn't always make a murderer of their child. A lot of people have domestic violence in their background and have never killed anyone. It's not automatic that the two go together.

I don't want that child to be gone forever. Not for any reason. Not to get even with Mom, not to get even with brother, not to get even with anything.

I'm going to be taking a break from here. I can't understand the enthusiasm for a dead Dylan.

This whole thing is just sad.

IMO its not enthusiasm for a dead Dylan at all, its being realistic, he has been missing now for 17-18 days with no sightings, no contact with anyone, no phone usage, no internet activity and LE say it is a criminal investigation, which as we unfortunately are all aware usually means the worst.

We would all be over the moon if Dylan was found to be safe and well, but I don't think we should try and fool ourselves as to whats happened to him.

I don't think trucking companies will even hire someone with a DUI.
http://www.njdwiesq.com/truck-driver-dwi-laws/

Of course he could have been an alcoholic and never gotten a DUI.

I never had one until I decided to drive myself to rehab. Hubby refused to take me, believe it or not. He believed that alcoholics should suffer and he decided rehab looked too cushy. Yup, if you knew him you would think I made that up, but it's true!

Very nice sheriff dropped the charges when he realized where I was headed and why I had to drive myself. Other than that one incident I am squeaky clean with a good driving record.

Or he could have owned his own truck, like that big dump truck it showed in front of his house and worked contract and driven for himself. I wondered if he owned that truck or not.

I didn't see a dump truck at his house. there were numerous CSI trucks, etc.

LE took 2 pickups. can you help me with a link? TIA

Or he could have owned his own truck, like that big dump truck it showed in front of his house and worked contract and driven for himself. I wondered if he owned that truck or not.

I have wondered about finances. Paying an attorney for 8 years can't be cheap. Flying Dylan home non stop can't be cheap.

Paying child support for over 28 years can't be cheap.

Where is all the money coming from? Interesting thoughts one can ponder.

IMO its not enthusiasm for a dead Dylan at all, its being realistic, he has been missing now for 17-18 days with no sightings, no contact with anyone, no phone usage, no internet activity and LE say it is a criminal investigation, which as we unfortunately are all aware usually means the worst.

We would all be over the moon if Dylan was found to be safe and well, but I don't think we should try and fool ourselves as to whats happened to him.

I agree. Frankly, I was a little insulted! Enthusiastic ... Humph !

Flying Dylan home non stop can't be cheap.

He never flew Dylan home non-stop, I'm not sure where you got that info. There aren't any non-stop flights between Colorado Springs and Durango. He wanted to fly him direct which is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warden2024