CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean, you think that he wanted exactly what he said and did not want dinner and to become buddy-buddy with his ex, or that he wanted the opposite of what he said and did want dinner and to become buddy-buddy with his ex?

Sorry, I'm tired tonight :what:

BBM

O/T I'm right there with you!! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

And, finally, I am caught up on the thread....

That flight stops in Denver. It says it right there.

Ok I will keep looking. Darn thought I had you there.

However he took a direct flight. I WILL find it. :blushing:

Mark Redwine told 9Wants to Know over the phone that he doesn't think his family's past troubles should be a consideration now.
http://www.9news.com/news/article/303598/339/Missing-boys-family-had-violent-history

WOW!!
He just refuses to take any responsibility - no acknowledging past problems and so on.
Doesn't 'understand' wifes comments on interview.
Doesn't know why ex-wife would say the things she's saying
Don't want to lash out at my ex publicly - just keep focus on Dylan

But, hey, 'keep the focus on Dylan and not me!' he says. Seems pretty obvious why, doesn't it?
Keep focus on Dylan = anything that Mark doesn't have to answer to, admit, explain away, try to justify, etc.
Don't want to lash out at the ex = must keep cool - must keep cool - must not lose it!!

jmo
And shouldn't the focus be on Dylan?

What seems obvious to me is that tunnel vision can be dangerous, and in fact, often serves as an impediment to justice when the actual perpetrator escapes detection.

BBM

well, I'm kinda questioning some of the things he has or hasn't said...just saying

JMO

IIRC, this was the first interview he gave to a reporter, in what looked like a video store? There were bookcases behind him, white walls.
http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/...z/-/index.html
Dylan did visit the dad in October and when the mom objected to the fact Dylan had to get off the plane and get on another the dad made sure he had a straight flight with no layovers for this trip.

You are correct. There are some alcoholics that don't drink every day, or sometimes for a week. But once they start, it's difficult to stop until they are drunk. Some drunks get angry, and pick a fight with anybody who gets close to them at that moment. Others are just sweet and funny and end up going to sleep. Some of them have been known to go months without drinking and then something happens and they think just one... which usually ends up being one more, and one more, until they get drunk.

And btw, I never heard of a drunk blacking out and still be able to function. All the drunks I've known would sometimes drink till they pass out, and snore like a freight train. All they do is lose their memory of when they were drunk, they don't 'black out', IMO. Maybe it's a matter of semantics, but to me, blacking out is losing consciousness completely. You can't do much more than breathe if you're unconscious.

Passing out is losing consciousness. Blacking out is also referred to as alcohol-related amnesia. A person may appear to be functioning normally, but their brain isn't processing the behaviors and they aren't stored in their long-term memory.

Ok I will keep looking. Darn thought I had you there.

However he took a direct flight. I WILL find it. :blushing:

Trust me, I already looked and I used to work for a travel agency. Unless they hired a private plane but I think that is really unlikely.

Unless they are in court. I've never had a problem getting hold of my attorneys. And I am not loaded. Which reminds me, aren't most courts dark on Mondays? Might be another reason MR got in if he didn't already have an appointment.

Lawyers bill by the hour so they have TIME for everybody! :twocents:

I respect your interpretation. Am basing my opinion on similar comments from past cases, and learning that there is always some truth thrown into an innocent sounding comment (or other times a lie). Am under the impression he did not want this divorce and may have seen Dylan's disappearance as a chance of reuniting. jmo

ETA: posting his quote again and BBM:
“Unfortunately, his mother and I don’t see eye to eye,” he said. “I wish it could be different, because at a time like this, we should be together.”
http://durangoherald.com/apps/pbcs.d...te=printpicart

The bolded part is very telling, the whole statement is, but especially the bolded, for me. jmo

Wouldn't most fathers prefer to get along with their ex for their missing son's sake? That's how I take it anyway. Not seeing eye to eye is practically the norm for a lot of divorced couples, particularly over their children. But when a tragedy hits like this, I agree with him, they should be coming together and giving each other support... not fighting.

You mean, you think that he wanted exactly what he said and did not want dinner and to become buddy-buddy with his ex, or that he wanted the opposite of what he said and did want dinner and to become buddy-buddy with his ex?

Sorry, I'm tired tonight :what:

The opposite. Again, jmo. I do not expect everyone to agree with me, just to be clear. I know we will all disagree and I'm fine with that. I have also considered other options in this case.

Someone posted a question this morning (please forgive me for not going back and finding it, but it's been a long, sad day), asking what one question we would most like to ask.

I would like to ask LE (Bender, Shupe, whoever) if they believe Dylan ever arrived at Dad's house Sunday night. My mind has been stuck on that one question for weeks now.

Dylan - Where are you?! Please come home.

And of course, nobody ever sleeps? Sorry, but I don't see that as a reason to immediately start coming up with all the ways someone could be murdered. MOO

You don't think it strange that nobody heard from him...him who loved to text and was a great communicator. A 13 year old boy that didn't want to visit his dad and they had to get a court order.

You don't find it strange nobody heard a word from him after 8pm? :waitasec:

And of course, nobody ever sleeps? Sorry, but I don't see that as a reason to immediately start coming up with all the ways someone could be murdered. MOO

If he texted his mom at 7:06 to say his plane landed; then went to Walmart and McD's for dinner - there is no indication that they were home by 8:00 p.m. to go to bed. All we know about the 8:00 p.m. time period is that there was no activity on his phone after that that that it was turned off.

I would like to know why LE is requesting video or pictures from the public from 6:00 p.m. Sunday night to noon Monday? That's an 18 hour time span, and sounds to me like they are unable to verify whatever it was that MR told them. jmo

Trust me, I already looked and I used to work for a travel agency. Unless they hired a private plane but I think that is really unlikely.

I thought a direct flight and nonstop flight aren't the same? If there was a brief layover in Denver, but Dylan remained on the same plane, wouldn't that be a direct flight?

For those who want to verify that there's no direct flight, you can use a search engine like Expedia:
http://www.expedia.com/Flights-Search?trip=oneway&leg1=from:Colorado%20Springs,%20CO,%20United%20States%20%28COS%29,to:Durango,%20CO,%20United%20States%20%28DRO-La%20Plata%20County%29,departure:01%2F06%2F2013TANYT&passengers=children:0,adults:1,seniors:0,infantinlap:Y&options=cabinclass:coach,nopenalty:N,sortby:price&mode=search

Click on "1-stop", then look at the flights. If a flight is "direct" then the flight # will not change from the first to the second leg. In all these cases, the flight does change - so you need to change planes.

I picked a Sunday (1/6) so the flight selection should be the same.

I thought a direct flight and nonstop flight aren't the same? If there was a brief layover in Denver, but Dylan remained on the same plane, wouldn't that be a direct flight?

You are correct, if Dylan remained on the plane and it continued to Durango, it would be a direct flight.

The problem is I've looked and there's no such flight. You have to change planes. Even going through another airport.

I've no doubt both parents tried to find a non-stop or direct flight; it's certainly a lot easier on everyone involved and you don't have to worry about a kid getting lost at the airport. But if no airline offers that option, you don't have much choice.

Wouldn't most fathers prefer to get along with their ex for their missing son's sake? That's how I take it anyway. Not seeing eye to eye is practically the norm for a lot of divorced couples, particularly over their children. But when a tragedy hits like this, I agree with him, they should be coming together and giving each other support... not fighting.

Oh heck they have been battling so long it is a way of life. 7 years FGS.

Then they had to go to court in Oct and Nov just to arrange this little visit from which the boy is missing.

Sad...very sad. With that said I don't think these two will ever 'come together'.

In fact I think it is going to get very ugly...soon.

All we know about the 8:00 p.m. time period is that there was no activity on his phone after that that that it was turned off.

On the last bit, I don't think we know for sure that it was manually turned off. The police know that the phone hasn't pinged a cell tower, but AFAIK there's no way for them to know why. The battery could have died/fallen out, the phone could have died, or he could have left an area with cell coverage.

For those who want to verify that there's no direct flight, you can use a search engine like Expedia:
http://www.expedia.com/Flights-Search?trip=oneway&leg1=from:Colorado%20Springs,%20CO,%20United%20States%20%28COS%29,to:Durango,%20CO,%20United%20States%20%28DRO-La%20Plata%20County%29,departure:01%2F06%2F2013TANYT&passengers=children:0,adults:1,seniors:0,infantinlap:Y&options=cabinclass:coach,nopenalty:N,sortby:price&mode=search

Click on "1-stop", then look at the flights. If a flight is "direct" then the flight # will not change from the first to the second leg. In all these cases, the flight does change - so you need to change planes.

I picked a Sunday (1/6) so the flight selection should be the same.

Thank you for taking the time to explain this. However it was said that ER was very unhappy with Dylans last flight home and the layover. So something different happened this time.

My eyes are crossing right now but I will try and find the conversation tomorrow!

You are correct. There are some alcoholics that don't drink every day, or sometimes for a week. But once they start, it's difficult to stop until they are drunk. Some drunks get angry, and pick a fight with anybody who gets close to them at that moment. Others are just sweet and funny and end up going to sleep. Some of them have been known to go months without drinking and then something happens and they think just one... which usually ends up being one more, and one more, until they get drunk.

And btw, I never heard of a drunk blacking out and still be able to function. All the drunks I've known would sometimes drink till they pass out, and snore like a freight train. All they do is lose their memory of when they were drunk, they don't 'black out', IMO. Maybe it's a matter of semantics, but to me, blacking out is losing consciousness completely. You can't do much more than breathe if you're unconscious.

BBM. That is actually what a "blackout" is- having no memory of what you did while you were drunk. Blacking out and passing out are two entirely different things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackout_(alcohol-related_amnesia)

There are a lot of people out there who can drive under the influence without giving it away. Whats even scarier, is some drive/work/function better under the influence than they do sober! :what:
Considering that LE is asking for photos or video of the route between Durango and Vallecito, between 6:00 p.m. Sunday night and noon Monday, am guessing there wasn't much LE presence on the road that day - jmo, again.

Just bouncing.
According to ER she's not sure, but he's been driving truck.

Drinking as a truck driver is a big big big big deal. They can and DO random tests to confirm sobriety. It's one of the only well enforced rules in the industry.

Once you get a CDL you have a whole different set of rules to abide by. You can not have had anything to drink in 4-8 hours prior to dispatch, and you have to be under .00 at all times, although some claim you can be up to .04 in a private vehicle. Still, even one drink will put you over.

It's not just a company policy thing either, CDL is state issued and the state has a ZERO tolerance policy. You have to stop at weigh stations and talk to state employees, and drop off goods and talk to people there. You WILL get reported if you so much as smell of booze. It's considered a privilege to drive truck, not a right. Your books have to be accurate and updated at all time, which doesn't mesh too well with drinking.

IOW, if he had a drinking problem he was capable of turning it off for decent lengths of time. Either that or he has some drinking episodes rather than long term problem or has sobered up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay