CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's said a lot of things, and so has he. I'm not going to argue with anyone about which one is telling the truth because, frankly, we don't know. I'll respond to questions about Dylan, but I'm done dealing with the conviction of MR until it's done in a court of law. MOO

no we don't know and I certainly haven't convicted anyone. I do have my suspicions and so far have seen nothing that indicates any other way. If something proves that my suspicions are incorrect then I will be the first to apologise.

Gunpoint? Knife? Dylan, something happened to your dad in the parking lot, come with us. Afterall, this scenario was given for the house abduction scenario, why not at a store?

Biggest reason I can site is CAMERAS- there are cameras everywhere at Wal-Mart- inside the store and in the parking lot.

No cameras at the home.

Had someone abducted Dylan from Wal-mart there would be all kinds of visual evidence of it.

Dylan is 13. Not some child you can just accidentally misplace. Nor a child you need to lie about misplacing in Walmart.

I think this Hess person doesn't really know much of anything. Multiple reports said they've been in court for 7 years, months at a time, with few breaks. People who are happy with their custody agreement work out the details amongst themselves, or they go the next step and have a mediator try to help them reach an agreement. They avoid the high cost involved with having a judge decide - home reviews, lawyers, guardian ad lietems and other expenses add up to many thousands very very quickly. And usually that comes out of the parent's pockets. These parents clearly don't trust each other with the children, given that they both wrote out statements claiming the other was violent or abusive or drunk or not able to control the children at times. I don't see peaceful arrangement.

Thanks for posting the link.

It says Mark Redwine reported the couple's son, Dylan, missing Nov. 19 from his house in the Vallecito area yet ER said she called the sheriff right after she received the text from Mark and she didn't know whether Mark called that day.

<snipped>

GRACE: Everyone, taking your calls is Dylan`s mother. Now, Ms. Redwine, was -- did there come a time when you learned that Dylan was missing? How did that happen?

REDWINE: Well, his dad texted me at around, oh, 4:30. Maybe it was closer to 5:00 on Monday. And I texted him back. You know, it was like, Well, we should call the sheriff. So I went ahead and I actually called the sheriff that day. I don`t know if Mark had called the sheriff that day, either, but I called the sheriff right after I got the text from Mark.

I went to my house, picked up a bag, grabbed my oldest son, Corey (ph), and we came to Durango.

GRACE: What were his words when the dad told you he couldn`t find Dylan?

REDWINE: He asked me if I had heard from Dylan. And I told him it was -- you know, it was discerning (sic) to me that I was, you know, six hours away, and he was asking me that question.

GRACE: And then you found out he hadn`t been seen. So did you actually call the police?

REDWINE: I did call the police. I don`t know if Mark did or not, but I did, as well. I called the Bayfield police.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1212/03/ng.01.html

MR has clearly stated that he had tried to text DR. First, MR went to DR's friend in Vallecito to see if DR was there. He then went to DR's friends in Bayview to see if he was there. When he discovered DR was in neither location, he got in touch with ER and said that he was going to the Marshall's office to report DR missing.

What MR did sounds like a logical sequence of events to me.

Again, playing devil's advocate. We have all heard of cases where the 'logical sequence of events' was followed only to find a parent was at fault after all. Not saying Mark did it.

Its been almost a month. What is LE looking for to publicly declare that Mark is cleared? Yes, I know he is NOT being called a suspect. But he also has not been cleared. Why? :(

I'm trying to understand, is all.

**Quoting AlexisFresca to show the full context of the above reply**

The man was having sex with a woman other than his wife(a supposed mutual "friend" no less), outside their shared marital residence, more specifically right under the window of his wife's bedroom..not to even mention this was right in front of his son who beared witness to the overt act..

IMO if this isn't indicative of SEVERE DYSFUNCTION I'm not sure what is..jmo, tho.

**ETA- my apologies if this has already been thoroughly discussed I'm catching up from a few hours ago..

They were divorced in 2007. The alleged incident occurred in 2008. Still, not cool if it really happened, but ER wasn't his wife at the time.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/303598/339/Missing-boys-family-had-violent-history

MR has clearly stated that he had tried to text DR. First, MR went to DR's friend in Vallecito to see if DR was there. He then went to DR's friends in Bayview to see if he was there. When he discovered DR was in neither location, he got in touch with ER and said that he was going to the Marshall's office to report DR missing.

What MR did sounds like a logical sequence of events to me.

I'll buy that as possible IF Mark doesn't have any of the far away friend's numbers in his phone. If he does, I don't buy that Mark drives more than 35-55 minutes from home (most of that being between Vellicito and Bayfield) to "look" for Dylan verses call first.

I have a hard time believing he doesn't call any friends first, even if he had to Google their number or look in the phone book. Driving there just buys you another hour you can claim Dylan was missing - another hour for a hypothetical kidnapper to get out of the area, or for it to get dark and make it more difficult for police to search.

I don't know if this is significant, but Hess said she though Dylan arrived at 6 or 6:30. If you factor in getting baggage, going to mcdonalds and Walmart in downtown durango (?), grocery shopping, and travel it seems like a tight fit to get home by the time his phone goes dead by 8.

I think his phone goes dead/off before he gets home.

And then he doesn't turn it on upon getting home to check the texts or voice messages to make sure none of tomorrows plans have changed or to reassure mom that they are at the house and fine?

Dylan is 13. Not some child you can just accidentally misplace. Nor a child you need to lie about misplacing in Walmart.

I think this Hess person doesn't really know much of anything. Multiple reports said they've been in court for 7 years, months at a time, with few breaks. People who are happy with their custody agreement work out the details amongst themselves, or they go the next step and have a mediator try to help them reach an agreement. They avoid the high cost involved with having a judge decide - home reviews, lawyers, guardian ad lietems and other expenses add up to many thousands very very quickly. And usually that comes out of the parent's pockets. These parents clearly don't trust each other with the children, given that they both wrote out statements claiming the other was violent or abusive or drunk or not able to control the children at times. I don't see peaceful arrangement.

What bothers me about Hess' statement, is that she is repeating what was told to her by Mark. She has no way to verify anything he says. As for Mark - I am waiting for LE to verify his account of what happened. Its very frustrating.

Again, playing devil's advocate. We have all heard of cases where the 'logical sequence of events' was followed only to find a parent was at fault after all. Not saying Mark did it.

Its been almost a month. What is LE looking for to publicly declare that Mark is cleared? Yes, I know he is NOT being called a suspect. But he also has not been cleared. Why? :(

Suggest you get in touch with LE for answers to these questions.

No parent trusts the other when they are divorced if a child is missing. Just from experience & mop. It will get washed out soon, I hope.

Nobody has been ruled out yet (publicly) including MR, ER, CR and MH. That doesn't mean that any of them did anything.

I'll buy that as possible IF Mark doesn't have any of the far away friend's numbers in his phone. If he does, I don't buy that Mark drives more than 35-55 minutes from home (most of that being between Vellicito and Bayfield) to "look" for Dylan verses call first.

I have a hard time believing he doesn't call any friends first, even if he had to Google their number or look in the phone book. Driving there just buys you another hour you can claim Dylan was missing - another hour for a hypothetical kidnapper to get out of the area, or for it to get dark and make it more difficult for police to search.

My son was 12 when he started 7th grade, and didn't make it home from school the first day (new school, and first time riding a bus). I drove to the school first, then I drove to the homes of his friends I knew. I knew where they lived, had been to their homes before and talked with their parents, but I had no idea what the parents' first names were if I had wanted to look them up (in a phone book I'm not sure if the internet existed yet). When I couldn't find him at any of those places, I drove around town (a pretty small down, maybe 10 blocks). After that, I finally went to the police. He did get home about 7 pm, with a reasonable explanation, but I don't think any of my actions were unreasonable. If he didn't have the friends' numbers, it would be hard to look up cell numbers. MOO

Thanks for posting the link.

It says Mark Redwine reported the couple's son, Dylan, missing Nov. 19 from his house in the Vallecito area yet ER said she called the sheriff right after she received the text from Mark and she didn't know whether Mark called that day.

<snipped>

GRACE: Everyone, taking your calls is Dylan`s mother. Now, Ms. Redwine, was -- did there come a time when you learned that Dylan was missing? How did that happen?

REDWINE: Well, his dad texted me at around, oh, 4:30. Maybe it was closer to 5:00 on Monday. And I texted him back. You know, it was like, Well, we should call the sheriff. So I went ahead and I actually called the sheriff that day. I don`t know if Mark had called the sheriff that day, either, but I called the sheriff right after I got the text from Mark.

I went to my house, picked up a bag, grabbed my oldest son, Corey (ph), and we came to Durango.

GRACE: What were his words when the dad told you he couldn`t find Dylan?

REDWINE: He asked me if I had heard from Dylan. And I told him it was -- you know, it was discerning (sic) to me that I was, you know, six hours away, and he was asking me that question.

GRACE: And then you found out he hadn`t been seen. So did you actually call the police?

REDWINE: I did call the police. I don`t know if Mark did or not, but I did, as well. I called the Bayfield police.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1212/03/ng.01.html
I don't see anything irregular about his question. He checked with friends in the area first, and when they hadn't heard from Dylan, he called Dylan's mom. Seems perfectly normal when a person is missing to contact the people in his circle, no matter how far away. She has said Dylan checked in with her pretty regularly. So naturally MR would consider she might have heard from him.

Biggest reason I can site is CAMERAS- there are cameras everywhere at Wal-Mart- inside the store and in the parking lot.

No cameras at the home.

Had someone abducted Dylan from Wal-mart there would be all kinds of visual evidence of it.

All I'm going to suggest is to do some research about the security cameras at Walmart. There is a wide variety of things being said about them, including what they do and don't capture. There was an incident I learned about on video where Walmart had a van and cameras set up in their parking lot because they suspected someone was trying to form a union at that particular store. While they were recording, someone was victim to some crime i can't remember - carjacking or something else. It was reported that had this camera not been focused where it was, that that crime would not have been captured. It was the only camera pointed at the scene of that crime.

Have read of employees saying some cameras are only on if there is a string of suspicious behavior pattern in certain sections of the store and that not all cameras are on at all times. Its a Walmart documentary you can find on youtube; there are two of them; its not the one about 'The High Cost of Low Prices' but the other one, who's name escapes me.

All I'm going to suggest is to do some research about the security cameras at Walmart. There is a wide variety of things being said about them, including what they do and don't capture. There was an incident I learned about on video where Walmart had a van and cameras set up in their parking lot because they suspected someone was trying to form a union at that particular store. While they were recording, someone was victim to some crime i can't remember - carjacking or something else. It was reported that had this camera not been focused where it was, that that crime would not have been captured. It was the only camera pointed at the scene of that crime.

Have read of employees saying some cameras are only on if there is a string of suspicious behavior pattern in certain sections of the store and that not all cameras are on at all times. Its a Walmart documentary you can find on youtube; there are two of them; its not the one about 'The High Cost of Low Prices' but the other one, who's name escapes me.

And we have a photo of Dylan so we know the camera's inside worked. We also know if Dad wasn't with him we would have heard it by now.

There is "playing devil's advocate" and then there is complete nonsense.

No parent trusts the other when they are divorced if a child is missing. Just from experience & mop. It will get washed out soon, I hope.

That was one of the things that makes me suspicious - the fact that MR doesn't seem to suspect anyone in Elaine's family. I'd immediately consider the possibility that someone was overreacting to how much Dylan didn't want to go there, and maybe took and hid him for the duration of the trip. But MR doesn't seem to even consider that.

Never mind - the point was completely missed.

Mark Redwine was ticketed for child abuse, menacing, trespass, assault and disorderly conduct in 2003 in Adams County. All of the charges were dropped except disorderly conduct, which Mark Redwine pleaded guilty to.

The incident involved an argument between Mark Redwine and his neighbor after the neighbor’s kid broke either Cory or Dylan’s toy truck. The two argued on the neighbor’s property until Mark Redwine left the residence and the neighbor called the police

http://durangoherald.com/article/20...NEWS01/121209881/Police-reveal-no-new-leads--

I cannot imagine getting that angry over a broken toy, to the point that the neighbor feels the need to call LE on you?

If Mark took a poly and passed, why not let the public know? What better way to get the 'focus on Dylan'? Elaine said she passed hers. Just wondering.

I don't see anything irregular about his question. He checked with friends in the area first, and when they hadn't heard from Dylan, he called Dylan's mom. Seems perfectly normal when a person is missing to contact the people in his circle, no matter how far away. She has said Dylan checked in with her pretty regularly. So naturally MR would consider she might have heard from him.

MR texted ER, not called.

After all of this talk about the phone, I should know the answer to this, but I don't. I know they've said there's been no activity on the phone since about 8:00, but have they said whether it was a text sent then or just the last time it pinged? I had another thought about what could have happened to the phone, although I admit it's unlikely.

It's possible that DR sent a text to his friend telling him he'd have to see him the next day instead of that night, and then put his phone in his pocket. When they got to the truck/car he could have helped load the groceries and whatever else they bought in there, and not noticed that his phone had fallen out of his pocket. Once they get loaded up, they get in and start talking about plans for the next day, Thanksgiving day, the week or whatever and he doesn't think about his phone (partially because he is overtired). When they back out of the parking spot, the phone is run over and shattered, but neither of them realize it. When they get back to the house, DR lays on the couch to watch tv for a while and falls asleep. MR doesn't want to wake him up so he just covers him up and goes to bed.

In the morning, MR wakes DR up enough to let him know he's leaving and when he'll be back. Once DR wakes up completely, he turns on the tv, eats his cereal and goes to text his mother or a friend but realizes his phone is gone. He goes outside to see if he dropped it on the way in the night before. While he's out there looking around in the yard/driveway, someone comes by and notices that MR's truck is gone and a young boy is in the yard. He pulls in and grabs him. Obviously, it would have to be someone who knows MR well enough to know that he lives alone and what vehicles he has (a total stranger might see one truck there and assume somebody was home.) :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth