CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also thought right away the four hour window that Dylan went missing, according to dad, was fabricated as soon as I read Dylan's phone hadn't been used since 8pm the night before.

IMO those four hours were a manufactured window of opportunity and dads alibi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There a few cases I had hoped they would do just that, but didn't. The only case I can think of that LE found to pin something big on to lock them up was Ron & Misty, adding in Tommy for good measure.
Yes. But we still don't have Haleigh.

They wouldn't need a receipt from him. If they have video they know what he was buying, know what register he went through and can probably determine what he bought even if he paid with cash. If he paid with a debit/credit card then it would be trivial to figure out what he bought even without video.

I think they would rather have the receipts if it goes to court. They said he had given them the receipts but would not go into what items he bought.
But even if he did buy a fishing rod, what does that prove? He said one was missing, he didn't say it was one he had just bought the night before.

Didn't Terri McClintock and Michael Rafferty stop and buy a hammer after they abducted Tori Stafford? IIRC, Michael and Tori stayed in the car while Terri went into the store.

And then there was the pregnant military member who was murdered and buried in her killer's backyard in the b-b-q pit. Her killer was caught on camera going into the hardware store to buy boards and stuff.

Apparently, CO does not have a set age when a child can be left alone. They use 12 as a guideline but it is not the law.

That's interesting. In CA I think the age is 14. Also about that age I believe a child can pick what parent they choose to live with.

Yes. But we still don't have Haleigh.

Sadly, I don't believe Haleigh will ever receive justice, but maybe she did get something and it is still an open (YAWN) investigation. :banghead:

Didn't Terri McClintock and Michael Rafferty stop and buy a hammer after they abducted Tori Stafford? IIRC, Michael and Tori stayed in the car while Terri went into the store.

And then there was the pregnant military member who was murdered and buried in her killer's backyard in the b-b-q pit. Her killer was caught on camera going into the hardware store to buy boards and stuff.

Do you really think MR took his own child into Walmart to buy the items he needed to kill him and dispose of his body? Just blatantly prepared his kill kit in front of his child and witnesses just 24 hrs before he reports his child missing? Oh, and also purchased the fishing pole that would serve to be his alibi at the same time?

Well, here we are, 12 threads later. I just can't keep my thoughts off Dylan. I have tomorrow's search on my mind....

Does anyone know if ER is back at home or is she nearby the area that will be searched? Also, do we know if the vehicles have been returned to MR?

I think its a bit strange that LE nor MR have elaborated on what was purchased at either Walmart or McDonald's. I think I would say, "We went to Walmart to get those Fruity Pebbles that Dylan likes...and some Hershey's bars. Then we ran by McDonalds and got him a Big Mac because he was starving and that's his favorite." That would just seem more personal than what we've heard so far....

Do you really think MR took his own child into Walmart to buy the items he needed to kill him and dispose of his body? Just blatantly prepared his kill kit in front of his child and witnesses just 24 hrs before he reports his child missing? Oh, and also purchased the fishing pole that would serve to be his alibi at the same time?

Nope. Not at all.
But I do have other thoughts.
Do you?
Jmo

I wish I felt more optimistic about tomorrow's search. I don't believe Dylan is anyplace where he will easily be found. And I am not sure if finding his phone, for instance, would prove much of anything. It could be said that Dylan himself dropped it or tossed it away. Even his father's fingerprints on it, for example, would not really mean much.

Nothing really surprises me anymore.

I suppose after following cases for years and years, I'm quite cynical. When I finally wrapped my head around Marcy Darcey and the Susan Smith cases....and came to understand that parents can and do murder their own children...., nothing truly shocks me anymore.

Do I think dad did that? Probably not. Would I be shocked to learn he did, no.

I wish I felt more optimistic about tomorrow's search. I don't believe Dylan is anyplace where he will easily be found. And I am not sure if finding his phone, for instance, would prove much of anything. It could be said that Dylan himself dropped it or tossed it away. Even his father's fingerprints on it, for example, would not really mean much.

I feel the same. I'm afraid that if Dylan is ever found it will be because of "luck" or his killer taunting ER once she returns home.

If it were to be found with his father's fingerprints on it, then I'd say he must be REALLY stupid. There'd be no reason not to say DR didn't have his phone if he knew he didn't. Even if he was the one who threw it, he could have just said, "He was trying to send a text, and the phone died. He got so mad he threw it out the window. We looked a bit, but it was too dark to see it." It might not be convincing, but it would be better than saying nothing.

I'd guess that if they find his phone out there, they'll probably find him with it. MOO

Based on what? He claims his son disappeared into thin air while he running errands. Dylan isn't 3, he's 13 and therefore can be left home alone.

Yes, I don't think they could charge MR for leaving 13 year old at home alone.
Dylan is 13, not 3.

Well, here we are, 12 threads later. I just can't keep my thoughts off Dylan. I have tomorrow's search on my mind....

Does anyone know if ER is back at home or is she nearby the area that will be searched? Also, do we know if the vehicles have been returned to MR?

Does anybody know if either parents and / or brothers, uncles etc will be joining in tomorrow's search?
I can only imagine how awful this is for dylans family. I think I would have to be at everything going on, involved with knowing every minute detail. I would probably drive people nuts! But it's my baby!
That's how I'm pretty sure I would be.
So, who in the family is going tomorrow?
Jmo

I also wonder if they actually had sex, or if it was just assumed that it was where things were heading. If they were just into "heavy petting" or whatever it would be called this day, to an ex-wife it might be the same thing as having sex. MOO

I wonder the same thing. BUT... just because these things are written down in a statement does not make them true. She says the older boy witnessed it, but boys that age can be coerced to lie for moms, it happens all the time.
Just like the things he said about her driving drunk with the kids in the car may not be true. Why believe everything the mom says, and not the dad?
Custody battles can be pretty awful, and a feuding couple can do and say some pretty wild things in court, just to make sure they win. Wouldn't be the first time.

Thank you. Yes, they did do aerial fly overs....that being my point.
What if the Pipeline Company helped in anyway?
I'm just saying it is close to his work and he would be aware of it and it has been rumored that he did go to the office on Monday to drop off some paperwork - so if his phone pinged in that area doesn't that make "part" of his story true?....that's all...jmo

Yes, and if this is what Mark did, does this prove he planned to murder his son?

Bless ya Ransom and stay safe :please:

Does anybody know if either parents and / or brothers, uncles etc will be joining in tomorrow's search?
I can only imagine how awful this is for dylans family. I think I would have to be at everything going on, involved with knowing every minute detail. I would probably drive people nuts! But it's my baby!
That's how I'm pretty sure I would be.
So, who in the family is going tomorrow?
Jmo

If LE has their way, none of them will be there.

I wonder the same thing. BUT... just because these things are written down in a statement does not make them true. She says the older boy witnessed it, but boys that age can be coerced to lie for moms, it happens all the time.
Just like the things he said about her driving drunk with the kids in the car may not be true. Why believe everything the mom says, and not the dad?
Custody battles can be pretty awful, and a feuding couple can do and say some pretty wild things in court, just to make sure they win. Wouldn't be the first time.

I wouldn't be surprised if the story of sex in the front yard was at least a little bit of an exaggeration. And "in front of the children" may be also. Perhaps they did see something they shouldn't have, but don't most children, at some point in their lives? Anyway, this divorce seems especially unpleasant to say the least so a grain of salt, JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc