CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the search efforts intensifying, Nick said the most difficult part is the scrutiny involving his estranged father, with whom he had a fragmented childhood.

“I’m trying to find out who my father is as I try to deal with the loss of a brother,” he said.
========================================================

One of the reasons I find this very strange, is that Dad has described Dylan as being
'his whole world' and that seems odd, if you are estranged and distant from your other sons. jmo

BBM

perhaps in Mark's mind he was trying to get it "right" with his youngest son

(it's not that I feel that way, but just a passing thought...)

I agree I shouldn't have used the word "banned", I was just typing too quickly for my brain to even catch up. Sorry...

Oh, please don't apologize, you're welcome to use whatever expression works for you. I didn't mean to sound like I was correcting you. I'm just a nitpicky attorney who kind of cringed at the word "banned," because a client would have a fit if I put it like that. LOL
:what:

Do you, or someone, have a link for that?

I thought there was a court order based on a complaint made by MR. I did not see anything about an investigation, but maybe I missed it? Kinda curious why ER would not have a record if she was investigated and found to be driving drunk with the kids.

No, I don't have a link. Maybe it is in the timeline. I can't look right now, but I will later.

I agree with you.

However, while we're on the subject, and since I'm "contrary" by nature -- I wonder how many times LE has ruled out something initially only to find out they were wrong? Or is LE always right in their initial theories? JUST CURIOUS

HA! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

We probably shouldn't even go there! But I am a staunch LE supporter and that being said, I'm really trying to give them the benefit of the doubt!
Seriously though, I have worked very closely with LE and I can attest to the fact that most of the time they do know which end is up...they just can't always prove it.

Trying all day to think of some way that Dylan could be alive and yet not undergoing some horrible acts. I can't really think of anything believable. The only way would be if someone who knows him, or one of his parents, is hiding him and that does not make sense to me at this late date; never made sense, really, due to lack of logic or reasoning behind hiding him. And that he is being hidden by a friend makes even less sense; I don't think there has been any indication that Dylan wanted to stay away from his mother any longer than was scheduled.

Anyone??

Another possibility: Shawn Hornbeck. Picked up by random UNregistered Sex Offender, kept alive. Wasn't found until 4 or 5 years later when assailant attempted a new victim (Ownby).

Do I believe this is common? No. But it's a possibility. And this case, if we are to believe there are an utter lack of clues, reminds me of that case.

In fact, for me to believe that Dylan was taken by a stranger, I would have to believe he was actually taken from the house, or from the couch, as I do not believe that he would wake up, get dressed, eat cereal, and go outside, all without trying to make contact with a friend or his father, especially since he had missed his planned ride and his friends would be wondering where he was.

So to me, we have a stranger or some person known to Dylan coming into the house and taking him by force, not allowing him to use his phone; or we have...Dad.

Another possibility: Shawn Hornbeck. Picked up by random UNregistered Sex Offender, kept alive. Wasn't found until 4 or 5 years later when assailant attempted a new victim (Ownby).

Do I believe this is common? No. But it's a possibility. And this case, if we are to believe there are an utter lack of clues, reminds me of that case.

That is what I was referring to in my post as other than being held and undergoing horrible acts...

Oh, please don't apologize, you're welcome to use whatever expression works for you. I didn't mean to sound like I was correcting you. I'm just a nitpicky attorney who kind of cringed at the word "banned," because a client would have a fit if I put it like that. LOL
:what:

LOL. No I really shouldn't have used that word. Sometimes my fingers go too fast and my brain has only caught up after I've posted. Thanks for replying to my post though, I really thought I had imagined it in the end lol.:waitasec:

Has the media asked LE outright if Dylan spent the night at his father's home? If not, why not? And if so, did they respond or avoid answering? That is the #1 question, IMO.

Good question, but they may not be able to prove one or the other. If they came straight home after McD's, no neighbors saw Dylan, and he went right to sleep, they can't prove he was there, and they can't prove he wasn't.

HA! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

We probably shouldn't even go there! But I am a staunch LE supporter and that being said, I'm really trying to give them the benefit of the doubt!
Seriously though, I have worked very closely with LE and I can attest to the fact that most of the time they do know which end is up...they just can't always prove it.

Smiling.... I was just messing with you... because I also am a staunch LE supporter and know that THEY know what they are doing. However, we are all human and can and do make mistakes. So, although I will give them the benefit of the doubt in ruling out runaway, that doesn't mean that I can't still question the possibility in my mind. When more evidence comes out, I'll quickly move to that theory. Until then, I'm gonna dance around as much as I want ...... because I can. HAHAHAHAHA

Yes, he "could have been" picked up by a SO, a perp who wants to keep him as a personal toy, or any number of random slimy creatures who stalk our babies, but the thing I cannot escape from is believing that he ever left in the first place. No cell phone, internet, land line or other communication from this tech savvy boy since 8 pm Sunday night. I don't think even a highly charged, risk taking, adventure loving 13-yr old sets out to hitchhike 15-20 miles without finding out if someone is going to be on the other end when he gets there.

That is what I was referring to in my post as other than being held and undergoing horrible acts...

The Groene siblings (Shasta/Dylan) - Elizabeth Smart - Jacob Wetterling - I'm sure there are MANY MANY other similar disappearances/abductions by strangers.

I agree with this, the behavior really bothers me. To go to your ex wife's home and have sex with another woman outside the window (WHAT??) knowing full well that your sons could see it shows a complete disregard for the impact on the kids, and quite frankly a person who is willing to go the extra mile for spite and can't control his actions when beyond a certain point. Does this necessarily mean he's capable of murder? No - but it paints a troubling picture that there is a lack of ability to control his temper.

Agreed. Another thing that paints a troubled picture is ' estrangement' and / or other words that describe little or no contact with both of his older sons. And on the fb pages ( i know its fb so grain of salt) MR's nieces? nephews? from the other side of the country say things like ' i know we havent' seen you in a while' and ' contact us if you need us, we'd love to help' ... I'm paraphrasing because I read it a week ago but it seemed as if MR has no real close family that he stays in contact with....... a loner yes.......<Mod Snip> M O O I M H O !

I have a few theories about ER relationship. Thinking it may have been the catalyst for many of the recent complaints and custody issues. From what has been revealed, MR didn't have much contact with Dylan even when he shared joint custody. Wonder when ER "new" relationship began and if that may have been a tipping point. She is obviously moving on...new man, new job, new home, new life. Wonder how this went over with MR?

I would love to know when ER married/started living with MH. I really think that is an important piece of the puzzle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you read that? Do you remember? Id like to read it I had not heard that. 2 years is a long time. Did she lose her lic?

Check out Scorekeeprs post this thread number 212. I hope this helps for everyone.

Good question, but they may not be able to prove one or the other. If they came straight home after McD's, no neighbors saw Dylan, and he went right to sleep, they can't prove he was there, and they can't prove he wasn't.

I know; I just wonder what their reply would be, if asked. I am not sure they know.

The Groene siblings (Shasta/Dylan) - Elizabeth Smart - Jacob Wetterling - I'm sure there are MANY MANY other similar disappearances/abductions by strangers.

That was my point-I was asking how he could be alive OTHER than undergoing who knows what with someone horrible.

Agreed. Another thing that paints a troubled picture is ' estrangement' and / or other words that describe little or no contact with both of his older sons. And on the fb pages ( i know its fb so grain of salt) MR's nieces? nephews? from the other side of the country say things like ' i know we havent' seen you in a while' and ' contact us if you need us, we'd love to help' ... I'm paraphrasing because I read it a week ago but it seemed as if MR has no real close family that he stays in contact with....... a loner yes....... but probably a jerk too ... M O O I M H O !

How many wives has he had? 2 or 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member