CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the investigators, apparently, told the FB administrator, in a phone interview and update, that NOTHING was left behind, and Dylan had everything with him when he went missing. So I don't know what to make of dad's recent disclosure that Dylan left some clothing behind on the couch.

He's reading our questions? and filling in the blanks?
I still don't think Dylan ever made it to dads.
Jmo

Shefner, my inlaws go to the holiday party of the year inSC. Is that yours?

I live in NC, kkdj! But your inlaws are welcome to come see me anytime...we will eat some cake and have a cup of cheer (alcohol free, of course...cause all silliness is completely our own ingenuity!).

perhaps what was left behind were things he regularly kept there/not what he brought.

just a thought

That's what I was thinking. He was there over labor day. I have never sent my 13 yr old somewhere and ever have them return with all of their belongings.

I was so hoping I would come back online tonight after my first day back at work (was on staycation) and see that something wonderful had happened. All the news happens when I"m not watching. Boo.

K. Here I go again ....bear with me and follow along as lame as I am, I will try to 'splain. K?

http://www.cellreception.com/towers/towers.php?city=bayfield&state_abr=co

you have to back up the above with the little ladder thingy ^^^ a wee bit. See where the towers are located (includes private)? NOTE where the Vallecito lake is located... it sort of look like a ,

It's a HECK of along way to Vallecito to the tower(s). Been there done that. My ATT doesn't work there for text nor cell. Tried it again this past Sat. when I was there. Nothing worked around Vallecito. When I got near to Durango... it worked.
JMO and all that .......

The confusing thing is that dad said he was at home and texting Dylan on Monday afternooon, and after not hearing anything back, he went to check it out at 4 pm-ish. So it seems that Dad had some cell reception, as he was relying upon it to find out if Dylan was safe and sound.

Absolutely! ITA.. but the friends' comments, if one puts any weight in them, are reason to stop and think for a minute.

The boys say Dylan wasn't shy about hitching rides

My 13 year old nephew would walk a mile out of the way if someone pulled over trying to approach him in a vehicle, the very idea of hitchhiking would freak him out. So the above statement is intriguing, if not concerning.

hitching rides can mean with people he knows, my daughter years ago would say to her friends that she would hitch a ride with me or her dad.

I wonder if its something the boys had done as a group maybe?

or ER could have spoken to Dylan about hitching because his older brother had done it.

by saying Dylan was asleep early theres no need to remember any real details, like what Dylan was watching what did they talk about etc
Late to reply because calculus called...

Same thing can be said if he says that Dylan stayed up late watching TV and HE went to bed early. Then it makes intuitive sense that DR wouldn't get going in the AM. It makes no sense to make up that a teenager went to bed early and slept in on his first day of vacation when he's been anxious to see his friends :moo:

It's just a pondering though, I'm not making any assertions or deriving anything from it. Just reflecting at how, if we are to believe it's completely made up, it's a terrible job of making up.

Some interesting facts about the Redwine family. Elaine Redwine inherited their home near the Vallecito Reseivour.
During the time frame of the divorce of Elaine and Mark she sold said home to Mark for a very nominal amount, less than 20 dollars. He became the sole owner. She completed this action with a "quit claim" deed.

What is the year of this quit-claim deed? One spouse of the divorcing couple dispense with any claim of ownership of the house with a quit-claim deed so the owner can re-finance under their name and get a pay-out for the other spouse. Just part of the divorce decree.

They are shutting down the page at 10 PM per request by ER

I don't know the specifics of who's running the page and who's involved but I'm pretty sure it's the same person who was running the one of the Jessica Ridgeway fb pages using JR's name claiming to have the family's support which was a flat out lie. The Ridgeways asked her to close the page, Westminster PD requested the same, and it looks like she's at it again. Exploitation IMO. Really unfortunate.

I live in NC, kkdj! But your inlaws are welcome to come see me anytime...we will eat some cake and have a cup of cheer (alcohol free, of course...cause all silliness is completely our own ingenuity!).

Oh thanks! My inlaws are super silly!
Oh! And they never leave!!!
Ever!!!
Lol!
Yeah right :(

Late to reply because calculus called...

Same thing can be said if he says that Dylan stayed up late watching TV and HE went to bed early. Then it makes intuitive sense that DR wouldn't get going in the AM. It makes no sense to make up that a teenager went to bed early and slept in on his first day of vacation when he's been anxious to see his friends :moo:

It's just a pondering though, I'm not making any assertions or deriving anything from it. Just reflecting at how, if we are to believe it's completely made up, it's a terrible job of making up.

yes except he would need to say what Dylan was watching before MR went to bed. He should know what was on at that time, that then has to match up to the station and programming, its more detailed.

like Gerard Baden-Clay said his wife Allison had been watching the footy show before he went to bed. (and sent text messages to her the next morning)

MR said Dylan had been up until 4am the night before he arrived in Durango and thats why he was so tired, have we seen that confirmed or said by ER or LE? I haven't and IMO it sounds like he is setting the scene, it removes any blame from him and places it on ER making it her fault.

IMO if someone lies they are going to have to use the KISS principle because if they add in more detail its too easy to trip themselves up.

According to this site there is an AT&T Tower about 2 miles (as the crow flies) from MR's home. No other carriers have a tower in this area. I would imagine all carriers are routing through this tower in the area?

http://www.antennasearch.com/sitest...=towerreview&pagenum=1&cmdrequest=pagehandler

Here are the specifics on the tower...

Filing #: 2012-ANM-2671-OE
Latitude: 37.444
Longitude: -107.538
Structure Type: Tall Structure
Date Filed: 11/01/2012
Ground Elev: 8196.3 feet
Height Of Structure: 151.9 feet
Overall Height: 8348.5 feet
Structure Address: Not Recorded

So at under 200ft, it is an unregistered tower but with the elevation a 152ft tower should be adequate for the area.

I can't see there being no reception in the area, especially on a Monday morning when a lot of people are at work and the tower is not likely being overused.

MOO

I appreciate your cheer!
Please give my mIl alchol! Please!!!!!!
My sil.... Just send her away

I reported it. I don't think it is supposed to be.

There really is not much we can do about it. It does appear to be a plagerized copy of TexJan's timeline. Also, there is a note on the page that the page will be deleted at 10:00 p.m. this evening. It appears that Dylan's family would like for there to only be one facebook page. That's probably a good idea, especially since Dylan's case has already had one scammer.

Salem

The confusing thing is that dad said he was at home and texting Dylan on Monday afternooon, and after not hearing anything back, he went to check it out at 4 pm-ish. So it seems that Dad had some cell reception, as he was relying upon it to find out if Dylan was safe and sound.

You don't need cell reception to "send a text." The phone will let you type it out, and will transmit it - the next time it can connect to a cell tower. So MR could have sent a few texts and they could have been queued up for an hour. Unless you are inspecting the phone to look at "unsent texts" or checked to see if you had any bars before hitting "send", you wouldn't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett