CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not picking on you, honest. But seriously... she couldn't figure out why??

Look at their history. She obviously is very bitter towards him. Most women who feel that way about their ex are going to take every opportunity to berate and scold their ex. This was a crisis situation... she was upset, angry at him for 'losing' her child, and he calls her to ask if she's seen or heard from Dylan. You don't think it would be the most natural thing in the world for her to yell and scream and stomp her foot and blame him, or accuse him?? If she didn't, she would have to be a saint.

I am a normally very reasonable person, but if I thought my ex was at fault for my son's disappearance, I would be doing everything I described above. And MORE. Don't misunderstand... she had every right to be upset, I'm not faulting her at all. Just saying that was probably why he didn't return her calls.

I think there is way more to this story!

You have a missing child and you do not return Moms calls.
Something wrong there.

JMO

Look at their history. She obviously is very bitter towards him. Most women who feel that way about their ex are going to take every opportunity to berate and scold their ex. This was a crisis situation... she was upset, angry at him for 'losing' her child, and he calls her to ask if she's seen or heard from Dylan. You don't think it would be the most natural thing in the world for her to yell and scream and stomp her foot and blame him, or accuse him?? If she didn't, she would have to be a saint.

I am a normally very reasonable person, but if I thought my ex was at fault for my son's disappearance, I would be doing everything I described above. And MORE. Don't misunderstand... she had every right to be upset, I'm not faulting her at all. Just saying that was probably why he didn't return her calls.

I totally get what u are saying. Yet in the moment why not have LE, A friend or family member call back. Somebody. Mom deserved better than that. IMO

I missed where he said he called her/Corey back or texted them back. She made it sound as if they kept trying to get through (that day/evening) but received no replies at all. Do you have something where he says he did get back with them that day/evening? I've looked, and I can't find it.

It would be my guess that he was being questioned extensively while the mom was en route to Durango. After all, he was the last known person to see Dylan, it's pretty standard for them to question that person at the very beginning. He may not have been allowed to make or receive calls, but they sometimes assign a cop to monitor the phones while they're questioning the parent, just in case the child calls during that time.

Haven't been able to be here much today....but I am checking in on Dylan. I keep praying for some good news or any news.

Dylan, we have not forgotten you! Come home!

Sorry …. OT. We are all just waking up to the horrific news of the Connecticut elementary school shootings (Saturday morning here).

So very sad for the little children, for the families, for the friends, for the community. Our thoughts and prayers to all. It will be a dark Christmas for many.

:rose:

But why would he go off alone fishing when he wanted to see his friends ?

I think its a fact ( imo) that he wanted to see his friends. Sunday night he had to cancel and so on Monday he made plans to meet up with them due to cancelling Sundays plans .

So why would he totally ditch his friends to go off by himself on the first day of his holiday ?

even MR has said that they had made time for Dylan to spend time with his friends as it was important to him and he understood that!!

I don't know the answer to your question, I wish I did. I was only addressing the fact that one parent says one thing and the other one says something else, regarding whether he liked to fish or didn't.
We could also say the same thing about the mom saying he would not go off into the woods by himself and the dad saying he would do that.
But maybe he wasn't ditching his friends, maybe he just wanted to kill a little time before his dad got home. He may not have intended to fish or whatever he was doing all day... just a couple hours.

I don't know the answer to your question, I wish I did. I was only addressing the fact that one parent says one thing and the other one says something else, regarding whether he liked to fish or didn't.
We could also say the same thing about the mom saying he would not go off into the woods by himself and the dad saying he would do that.
But maybe he wasn't ditching his friends, maybe he just wanted to kill a little time before his dad got home. He may not have intended to fish or whatever he was doing all day... just a couple hours.

I had not thought of that and that could make sense.

Yes, I'm quite serious. If my child were missing, nothing that his/her dad could say to me would stop me from communicating with him. Especially if he were closer to the child than I. I love my children more than I hate their father.

I think dads house was kind of lonely and boring. Not much to do. Dylan was looking forward to seeing his friends but either had to wait for dad to get back or get on his merry way. If I recall didn't dad tell him he would be home around 11:00? Dad was later, perhaps Dylan was getting impatient and decided to start walking, that dad would see him coming home. After all the road is one way in one way out.
Oh! Just one great big problem! No texting, calling, nada. Not since 8:00 Sunday night.
I still go back to Sunday night. Dylan was never heard from nor seen again, with the exception of what dad says.
Jmo

I wasn't talking about the phone being off. I was talking about whether he liked to fish or not. When there are all these conversations going, I can only reply to one specific detail... not all of them at the same time. Sorry.

There could be a logical answer to the question of the phone being off. Dead battery, no way to replace it till his dad came home. Maybe he didn't bring a charger or it wouldn't take a charge. Sometimes when something sounds sinister... it really isn't when you think about it.

I remember in the heat of the moment what I did and what my current husband did. My Ex and what his new wife did. We went Mach 90. My Mom was just white noise in the background telling me constantly if "You" dont find my Granddaughters i will never forgive you. Like it was my fault :waitasec: My Brother was involved in the desicion to let them walk a well worn Family path. I was pleading with park officials to go back with the ATV's Meanwhile Mom is behind me berating. Did i care? No. We had LE involved. Helicopters etc. Eventually My current Husband. My Ex. And my Brother found them. Clinging to a tree. Crying. Had shared a piece of gum. Had at least a hundred bug bites. And they were thankful to be found as they were about to eat bark LOL

It would be my guess that he was being questioned extensively while the mom was en route to Durango. After all, he was the last known person to see Dylan, it's pretty standard for them to question that person at the very beginning. He may not have been allowed to make or receive calls, but they sometimes assign a cop to monitor the phones while they're questioning the parent, just in case the child calls during that time.

There was only one extensive questioning of MR according to LE, and it wasn't the night Dylan was reported missing. (I believe it was about two weeks later, iirc) The other times LE talked with him, they called it "cursory".

I found this:

http://durangoherald.com/article/20110416/COLUMNISTS03/704169983&source=RSS

From the article:

" ...put on programs to introduce young people to fly fishing and conservation ethics, worked with Bayfield Middle School’s fishing program – what a wonderful way to get kids out in the water and connect them with nature – ..."

I posted about the comment on the Find Missing Dylan Redwine page back on December 8 - so it was made prior to that date :/ Have just gone trawling back through comments there to see if I can find it - but gave up as there have been so many more comments added since then.

Basically it was a woman claiming that her son had gone to school with Dylan for years, and that he was totally into fishing. She mentioned the Bayfield Middle School fly fishing classes as well. From memory, her comment wasn't part of a to and fro about whether or not he would have gone fishing or anything. Just a general comment about their connection to Dylan.

He was not under arrest. He was under no duress. If he received a call with the time he was with LE would it not be reasonable to think LE might not be interested? Or Dad? It could be Oh Dylan just texted me he is with so and so? Does anyone honestly think a Dad or LE would ignore? He was free to do whatever. He just chose not too. MOO

Could be they record over every 24 hrs or so. McDonalds has no crime at their store for 24 hrs and start the tapes over again. I don't know with modern surveillance as it is how many only view vs record vs record/ store !

Great point. They could've had it, but not from so many days ago. :(

I don't think we can assume that at this time. She *does* say he wouldn't call/text her or Corey back. She couldn't figure out why.

as I posted earlier- this is what she did say in the ABC video. BBM- not her- her son...

"He hasn't had any contact with us. [My older son] tried to get a hold of him by texting him, and he wouldn't respond," she said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-bo...-disappearance/story?id=17813458#.UMo4Nm9BB29

You know, if he murdered Dylan, you'd think he would call her back and "pretend" to be shocked, devastated, etc. But, if he's panicked and freaked out and knows he's in for an argument, he may not have been up to it at that moment. I think there may have been a total breakdown in communication between these two for a very long time.
jmo

I wasn't talking about the phone being off. I was talking about whether he liked to fish or not. When there are all these conversations going, I can only reply to one specific detail... not all of them at the same time. Sorry.

There could be a logical answer to the question of the phone being off. Dead battery, no way to replace it till his dad came home. Maybe he didn't bring a charger or it wouldn't take a charge. Sometimes when something sounds sinister... it really isn't when you think about it.

Sorry, I should not have made it a response. I should have just made my own post.

You know, if he murdered Dylan, you'd think he would call her back and "pretend" to be shocked, devastated, etc. But, if he's panicked and freaked out and knows he's in for an argument, he may not have been up to it at that moment. I think there may have been a total breakdown in communication between these two for a very long time.
jmo

Not necessarily , if it is about punishing her .

He was not under arrest. He was under no duress. If he received a call with the time he was with LE would it not be reasonable to think LE might not be interested? Or Dad? It could be Oh Dylan just texted me he is with so and so? Does anyone honestly think a Dad or LE would ignore? He was free to do whatever. He just chose not too. MOO

He was under the duress of having his son missing on his watch. And people who are panicked don't always respond in ways that make sense to people watching from the outside.
jmo

Sorry i think its clear why she could not figure it out.

I think most normal rational people would put there own issues aside and think " ok our son is missing so its imperative we are in contact with each other" .

It is not about "them" at this stage. It is about there missing child!!

Normal by whose definition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members