CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As each day goes by, I worry about the case growing cold. I've had a strong gut feeling about the person responsible for whatever was done to Dylan from early on (maybe a week or so into him missing). I'm afraid this will be a similar situation as Kyron Horman. There will be a very likely suspect and yet not enough evidence to prosecute and the perpetrator will be able to remain free and justice for Dylan will be a wish but maybe not a reality.

This makes me feel so sad for Dylan and those who love him.

But I'm very hopeful that this person has slipped up somewhere, or maybe something will be said, or maybe there will be another rage and the victim will be able to get away.

Or, maybe, just maybe, law enforcement actually does have sufficient evidence and are just building up their case so that this person doesn't get to walk the earth freely anymore. I sure hope so!

The press originally said what HE originally told them. Then he retells the story and it is much 'softer' and kinder.

Why didnt he originally tell them he left at 7:30, and when he returned at 11:30, TO GIVE DYLAN A RIDE, he was gone.

But in the original version, he left at 7:30 to do errands, and when he came back at 11:30, ' HE NOTICED' Dylan was gone.

Very different account, imo.

That's not a very different account, he just said the same thing in a different way. Most LE will tell you that no one tells the same story, the same way, in the same order every time. If they did, it would be indicative that they made it up. The basics are the same, he left at 7:30, came back at 11:30 and Dylan was not there. Doesn't matter what the little details are, it's the basics that matter. If you call that lying, so be it, but LE calls it suspicious when someone gives an account that is exactly the same and in the same sequence every time.

As each day goes by, I worry about the case growing cold. I've had a strong gut feeling about the person responsible for whatever was done to Dylan from early on (maybe a week or so into him missing). I'm afraid this will be a similar situation as Kyron Horman. There will be a very likely suspect and yet not enough evidence to prosecute and the perpetrator will be able to remain free and justice for Dylan will be a wish but maybe not a reality.

This makes me feel so sad for Dylan and those who love him.

But I'm very hopeful that this person has slipped up somewhere, or maybe something will be said, or maybe there will be another rage and the victim will be able to get away.

Or, maybe, just maybe, law enforcement actually does have sufficient evidence and are just building up their case so that this person doesn't get to walk the earth freely anymore. I sure hope so!

I dont think its cold I think they need evidence!
Could be they pretty much know what has happend but now they need to prove it!

JMO

My head is spinning. Can we agree to disagree and get back to a conversation that might be helpful in a more concrete way?

Question: Is there confirmation about MR and DR being at McDonald's? I assumed there was, as that has been presented as a fact.

We have confirmation Dylan was in Wal-Mart, and I'm assuming MR was confirmed as being there also.

How far out of town would it be if we took the last known location of MR and DR, and drew a circle of distance that could be covered by 8:00 p.m., which, IIRC, was the last known use or ping of Dylan's cell phone? Where would that put a traveler along all the roads leading out of Durango?

As far as Vallecito Lake goes, years ago in a lake near my home, a young man fell off his jet ski and drowned, and his body was not recovered for over a year. That lake was manmade, and trees, rocks, buried stuctures, etc., made underwater searching difficult. Areas by the dam of Vallecito Lake where the cadaver dogs alerted will not only be deep, but may have strange underwater terrain, as well.

I don't think it's a known fact that they were at McDonalds. I wish we knew as a fact, one way or the other.

A Picture Paints a thousand words!

I have to disagree with this post but super super respectfully. When it comes
to video ' stills' they can show almost nothing of substance and in fact can show things that are not even accurate. Haven't you ever paused live tv for instance? Say you pause the ' 10 oclock news' that you watch every night and here is pretty Susie blonde reporter that you see every day for 5 years. But when you pause it you LAUGH because in the ' still' she looks like an alien, or drug addict or clown? Pausing video stills often leads to distorted facial expressions that were not present before or after the frame you STOPPED it on. So to see MR and DR walking in walmart and a video still, we ( i include myself in this WE) might see all kinds of horrible things that are not true. We might think wow MR looks like a complete raging lunatic... he looks like he's in the middle of screaming etc... and when looking at the frame prior to and afte the one we saw, he may jsut be strolling along minding his own business. Come to think of it, same could be true for Dylan's expression in thye only still we did see from walmart. I just know I have seen countless " PAUSED" moments on live tv when I think wow that doesnt' even look like ........ troy aikman or diane sawyer or jeff lewis or whoever i was just watching on the set!

I have to disagree with this post but super super respectfully. When it comes
to video ' stills' they can show almost nothing of substance and in fact can show things that are not even accurate. Haven't you ever paused live tv for instance? Say you pause the ' 10 oclock news' that you watch every night and here is pretty Susie blonde reporter that you see every day for 5 years. But when you pause it you LAUGH because in the ' still' she looks like an alien, or drug addict or clown? Pausing video stills often leads to distorted facial expressions that were not present before or after the frame you STOPPED it on. So to see MR and DR walking in walmart and a video still, we ( i include myself in this WE) might see all kinds of horrible things that are not true. We might think wow MR looks like a complete raging lunatic... he looks like he's in the middle of screaming etc... and when looking at the frame prior to and afte the one we saw, he may jsut be strolling along minding his own business. Come to think of it, same could be true for Dylan's expression in thye only still we did see from walmart. I just know I have seen countless " PAUSED" moments on live tv when I think wow that doesnt' even look like ........ troy aikman or diane sawyer or jeff lewis or whoever i was just watching on the set!

Oh I agree kind of, this is why id love to see the rest of that video.
This kid looks like he rather be somewhere else.
Im willing to bet my last dollar the rest of the video is the same!

It only takes an extra word here or there on WS to embellish the truth as well - it happens all the time in these threads. Some of us have commented on various "facts" from MSM being gently distorted from one poster to the next - as happens in a game of chinese whispers (or is it called telephones in the USA?). An extra adjective popped in a sentence can totally change it's meaning to a new reader. The extended (and repeated) discussions about DR being "tech savvy" illustrate this - that one comment from his mother led to references being made here about him never being without a phone in his hand, his avid computer use etc. A reportedly very drunk MR years ago now means he is referred to as an alcoholic. The same drunken episode also involved him taking a swing at someone, so he now has an extensive history of violence and abuse.

azgrandma if you could comment about your knowledge of physical violence (or lack of) that could help some of us move on from that at least.

It's all so frustrating isn't it?? If LE doesn't make some progress soon ... gawd knows what will happen here. The phone, fishing pole, polygraph, he said/she said discussions are making me dizzy :pullhair:

:moo:

Ironically, I noticed one word in your post that seems to be an addition made by you: "extensive." I don't recall anyone here saying he had an extensive history of family violence. History, yes, because one incident creates a history. I only need to know about one incident in which he tried to hurt his son to infer that he's capable of hurting a child again.

I dont think its cold I think they need evidence!
Could be they pretty much know what has happend but now they need to prove it!

JMO

But it will remain in limbo if evidence is not forthcoming. So it may as well be cold, if that is the case.

And I don't believe they actually "know" what happened to Dylan, since they apparently do not have any crime scene. They may have suspicions, but those are worthless without proof. That is how so many of these cases end up in no-man's land, i.e. no arrests, no victim recovered.

ER herself said that Dylan and dad got along, just that they didn't know each other too well. I don't think ER herself is trying to claim abuse, so why we should is a mystery to me. I believe ER when she says they got along.

She also said that Dylan got to do his own thing with friends while he was there, so not quite the controlling MR we've developed here.

But, I mean, what does it really matter? Science talks. The investigation will go one way or another based on science.

LE has the facts, and LE is considering abduction & homicide. Therefore those are what I'm considering. Because going with the facts is the right thing to do.

IMO Thats called hope. That's what people say when they're holding onto hope by their fingernails. As long as he's still missing, there is still hope. That's what mothers do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She is not Dylan's mother, though and I didn't mention hope. I was asking HER if she truly believes that Dylan is alive and if it is possible that someone is hiding him. She must have some ideas, if that's her take on it.

ER herself said that Dylan and dad got along, just that they didn't know each other too well. I don't think ER herself is trying to claim abuse, so why we should is a mystery to me. I believe ER when she says they got along.

She also said that Dylan got to do his own thing with friends while he was there, so not quite the controlling MR we've developed here.

But, I mean, what does it really matter? Science talks. The investigation will go one way or another based on science.

LE has the facts, and LE is considering abduction & homicide. Therefore those are what I'm considering. Because going with the facts is the right thing to do.

If they have any science. Calling the disappearance abduction or murder is just what is left after ruling out running away. That doesn't mean they have evidence leading to either.

I dont think it has anything to do with being a crappy husband or a crappy father what i believe it comes down to is anger. Some ppl cant controll their anger and it most times hurts ppl.
Its usually the wife or the GF but if that person is not around it goes out to the only person there. If alcohol is involved Its done with such rage they dont realize what they are doing till after the damage is already done.

All JMO

But if you were to "tell" on the abuser everybody would look at you and say..".he/she is wonderful. Whatever are you talking about?"

Abusers have two faces. One public and one private. Those of us that understand abuse recognize both of them.

The fellow with the most jokes, biggest smile and the most fun. Look out for him/her!

I also believe he didnt answer Moms or Coreys calls or texts that evening because he wasnt sure what he was going to say yet? JMO

I must have missed this. Are you saying the night MR picked Dylan up at the airport mom and Cory were texting MR and no reply?

Hypothetical situation:

I wonder if a case would stand-up in court if LE could scientifically prove Dylan never made it to the house, assuming they have no other evidence then that fact? They can prove his is lying, but....

Then there is the BUT.....If Dylan said the wrong thing to dad she was afraid how dad would react.

If he cant have him.......

She is not Dylan's mother, though and I didn't mention hope. I was asking HER if she truly believes that Dylan is alive and if it is possible that someone is hiding him. She must have some ideas, if that's her take on it.

I'd also like to know her opinion on this - after all, it would be just an opinion.

Hypothetical situation:

I wonder if a case would stand-up in court if LE could scientifically prove Dylan never made it to the house, assuming they have no other evidence then that fact? They can prove his is lying, but....

Possibly but I dont think they want to take that chance.

I dont think they believe Dylan is alive so if they catch the guy that did it today or tomorrow it wont make any diff. The outcome will still be the same. So they take their time and dot all the I's and cross all their t's.

We don't know the circumstances that led to ER's statements about the polygraphs. For all we know, ER may have shared what she believed to be true about MR's polygraph with Nancy Grace's producer, not knowing that Nancy Grace planned to ask her about it during the live interview. Isn't it possible that LE became aware of the situation and asked ER not to disclose information about the polygraph, forcing ER to backtrack on what she had told NG's producer? Lot's of possibilities to consider, other than ER telling a boldfaced lie, which I don't believe she did MOO.

IMO StJohn, that pretty much exactly what happened. ER spoke with the producers earlier in the day and likely at that time told them that they had both taken polygraphs and that MR "did not pass" his, but rather it was inconclusive. I believe the information that he failed was first put up by them on twitter before the actual interview with ER and NG was taped later. I can imagine LE was made aware of the twitter claim and immediately contacted ER and told her she cannot discuss anything regarding MR's polygraph and what she may have heard about it on the show. So when the actual taping of the interview commenced, ER was in a bit of a sticky position. She tried to talk around it, and in hindsight I suppose it would have been best if she had just told NG that she had no information about MR and polygraphs but at that point the cat was kind of out of the bag. The beginning of the show had already been stating information about him failing hadn't it?

So ER did have to dance around that information knowing full well that she herself had stepped into it earlier when talking with the producers and likely finding out that she was not to disclose this information after the show had already started putting out press about it.

It was quite obvious to me how uncomfortable she was about that when listening to the show.

MOO

I have held my breath long enough, let me introduce myself, I am MR's first ex wife. I joined this website because I saw that you all were looking up information on my children. They are innocent, they are hurting, they are real.

Go for it, check me out, email me, google me, do whatever you want. My name is Elizabeth J Roser, it changed to Redwine after we got divorced and it is now Horvath.

Let me tell you something about MR, the mods can stop me, but honestly I am absolutely sick by all of this.

We did not have the perfect marriage, young, niave, whatever. But he did act like a father to my daughter, we created two wonderful, beautiful, caring boys. He was not nice, he is a manipulator, a con artist and an abuser.

I'm done being nice, I'm done being evasive. I will allow all of you to look up our court records, look up our police reports. Mark is NOT a nice person. I'll go to court and defend that statement. There is not enough time or space for me to say what all he did to me and my children.

Have any of you wondered why two of his children refuse to talk to him, but they have a connection with Elaine? That is because she was the person that I felt would care for my children, would make sure they were taken care of. I have not spent a lot of time with her, but I can tell you this, I would trust her with my grandchildren any time, any day, any where. But I sure as heck would not Mark to even know they exist.

Did any of you wonder why it was that he never particpated in a search until AFTER the media was involved. Why his comments are directed toward Elaine knowing everything vs where is my son? The guy is nuts! He abused me, check the records, he abused our children, check the records. I have no doubt that Mark did something IMO.

I don't know all the rules on this site, I don't know if I'm out of line. I just don't know. But what I can tell you is that I have children, (yes they are adults) and grandchildren, that know this man more than any of you will ever know him. They are scared for Dylan, they hurt for Dylan and they worry about Dylan. I as a mother, cry, pray and hurt for Elaine each and every second of every day. Ask yourselves, why would WE, people that Mark has not been involved with (oh other than to sign over custody of his two children) in over 8 years care more about this than Mark.

As an FYI, Mark and I just got done with court in about 2003 or 2004 and we divorced in 1989. He finally gave up his parental rights to his children, as long as I forego the $40000 + in unpaid child support.

He is a smoot operator and knows how to work people, just be careful.

I am so glad that you decided to speak out! :thewave:

I dug back a bit in to last night's posts to bring yours forward for those who missed it and don't have the time or patience to dig through all of the same old arguments to find it! :slapfight::ignore: It is hard to try to catch up when we read pages and pages of , well...:deadhorse:stuff, just to glean a tidbit of new information!

You have in indicated that you believe that MR knows what happened to Dylan. Do you think MR might not remember? Are you aware if MR experiences "blackouts" if or when he drinks?

What do you think about MR's initial insistence that LE needed to search the lake? If MR really thought Dylan was there, would he want to lead police straight to the lake, maybe thinking it would be considered an accident? Or do you think that he might have been hoping to steer police in the wrong direction?

:grouphug: I am so sorry that due to the situation, these are the questions I feel have to be asked. Correct me please, if I am wrong. You seem like very strong woman. I get the impression that you, like many of us, think that Dylan is probably deceased. If my questions make this harder for you, please accept my sincere apology!

Edit: I just saw your later post about bringing Dylan home to open presents (after I posted the above questions). I can't imagine that MR could have concealed Dylan safely away without being found out by now, but maybe you have info you can't share? If so, I can respect that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kr1230