CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT but my mom used to look for us in the very places we were not supposed to go, and often find us. Or if we were late coming home when we were teens and she heard via the grapevine (she was a teacher) that the latest hang-out was the drive-in, to drink beer, she would show up there to haul us home. Even though we had of course been warned about such things, and sworn we would never do them...she knew better.

But if Dylan took a ride that morning, he is the unluckiest boy ever and his father the unluckiest man. To have so many things keep him from contacting his friend and then being taken, on the very first morning on his court-ordered visit to his Dad.

well I see I've obviously not been clear with my post regarding the text messages and my getting caught up on.. here's the link that IMO provides the proof the phone was still being text from after 8pm..with I believe actually 5 or more text sent from Dylan's phone after 8pm...that's what I am refetting to and didn't mean to cause confusion..

here's link...
http://durangoherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?aid=/20121215/NEWS01/121219687&template=mobileart

I thought it was approximately 8pm, not spot on 8pm.

those few texts after 8pm could have been done in a minute or two.

but if we want to start at the first text that received no reply that was about 9.45pm IIRC

Friends or family saying he might is more valid than any of us WSers maintaining that he didn't IMO.

I don't recall any WSers maintaining that he didn't only that we have no evidence of it.

regardless of which way we each look at it, we are each entitled to have differing opinions, and IIRC I have already said agree to disagree, not sure if that was to you or someone else but I meant it overall.

BBM Lake Eileen???? Hmmmmmmm
Just sayin'
Gives me pause, thinking about the possible irony especially considering the close location.

Great post! Really glad to have you aboard, Aspen Song :great:

IIRC thats one of the places that flyovers have been done, along with Vallecito, Lemon and Nighthorse.

LE was so quick to rule out running away and/or Dylan having an accident while walking. Is this due to knowledge that we are unaware of, or really just due to the lack of phone use and his not being found as yet? Plenty of people have gone missing while walking, hiking, driving, etc. and not been found for months or longer. I was never comfortable with Le ruling out scenarios so quickly.

But then again, the texts made me feel he would never have NOT contacted R if there was any way he could have done.

Just to let everyone know if runaway was not ruled out the FBI would not of become involved.....

OT but my mom used to look for us in the very places we were not supposed to go, and often find us. Or if we were late coming home when we were teens and she heard via the grapevine (she was a teacher) that the latest hang-out was the drive-in, to drink beer, she would show up there to haul us home. Even though we had of course been warned about such things, and sworn we would never do them...she knew better.

But if Dylan took a ride that morning, he is the unluckiest boy ever and his father the unluckiest man. To have so many things keep him from contacting his friend and then being taken, on the very first morning on his court-ordered visit to his Dad.

My mother knew where we were at all times, when my sisters and I were in our teens she moved us 4kms out from the nearest town, the only place and I do mean the only place we were allowed to go was school. To get to school we had to catch the bus, she could see us from across the road as we waited and also when we got off the bus. we never got to go to friends places and they never got to come to our place.

Just to let everyone know if runaway was not ruled out the FBI would not of become involved.....

and early on didn't they say they had ruled out runaway and that it was a criminal investigation, abduction or foul play.

Lets think about why the FBI was called in

1. RSO/SO?
2. something that was said or done by someone?
3. someone the FBI already had their eye on?

??

was thinking about the local area again, and saw what I thought was a natural gas location close to the area of the lake...was checking google. it appears as a green building kind of, and off all alone. I wonder when the last time someone was up there, and if MR knows that it is up that way...off by it's self with nothing around.

and early on didn't they say they had ruled out runaway and that it was a criminal investigation, abduction or foul play.

1. RSO/SO?

??

wonder if MR knew the RSO?

1. RSO/SO?

??

FBI generally comes in with a missing child if the circumstances are unknown and the child remains missing, as long as there is not a history of running away. It does not mean they have any info.

BBM: LOL I don't think you meant for it to be funny, but this really tickled my funny bone. Anytime a kid disappears, both the kid and his parents are unlucky. It's the nature of the beast. :D Sorry :blushing:

Being that this area is so small, I wonder if MR knew the RSO that lived so close, maybe even DR knew him....but didn't know of him being a RSO.

I have another question that is kind of bothering me...maybe some of you can come up with an explanation. The mailman that thought he saw DR, said the kid had a backpack....what are the odds that there was another kid in that area with a backpack on a day that there was no school walking down the road? Did that kid find a backpack, or take it? Was it DR backpack?

if sunday night from 8pm until roughly half an hour before MRs first appointment was all accounted for then I'd be looking at monday mornings possibilities.

I don't know about anyone else here, but every time someone mentions the fact that nobody else can verify that MR and Dylan did spend Sunday evening together ... It makes me wonder how I could prove the same thing on demand? My older son is staying at a mates for a couple of days so my 13yo and I have been home alone together for the past 24 hours. How would I prove that to anyone at a later date? I'm not understanding why some valid scenarios are discounted on the grounds that something rather unprovable can't be proved? And yes, there is the phone inactivity - but I do think some are placing a lot of weight on how [BOLD]they[/BOLD] expect Dylan to have reacted to possibly having a dead phone. We don't know Dylan, and only have a few crumbs of info from his friends and family to run with (which makes it even stranger to me that some of those crumbs - like the references to hitch hiking, can be automatically discounted), so we generalise about what our own teens might have done in similar situations. They are generalisations though. I don't think my 13yo is odd - but I know his actions would be very different to a lot of the opinions posted here about how a 13yo would be expected to behave.
:moo:

My laptop died last night, so typing rather crankily on my iPad - irk!

Wanted to respond to a post upthread about not being able to close this off for Dylan, I am right there with so many of you. I think one because it happened so close to my area, but also because I have children close to his age. I would never want my childs case to go cold, and would never want everyone to give up on him no matter what people thought. I pray for Dylan and his family every night. It's been pretty much a month, and I have been watching it unfold from day 2, and just really want him to make it home, and alive! My child had a match where Bayfield children came to play at her school and again it reminds me how much each little town around here is interconnected, and it makes Dylan one of ours as well as one of Bayfields children.

I used to fly from Denver to Durango frequently when I lived in CO and the flights to Durango were always on very small planes and had a lot of turbulence. I took Dylan saying this as it being a bumpy flight and him being a teenager exaggerating in his description of how he felt afterwards. Also I would guess if Dylan had something medical going on his Mom would have noticed something before he left.

Do we know if having a numbing sensation of the head is indicative of an underlying (serious) health condition? Something he may not have had any previous indicators (something his mother was unaware).

Your thoughts he exaggerated the sensation may well be exactly what MR thought, too.

The comment really stuck out for me..... IMO

Goodnight all....Dylan, little man, I am doing the only things I know that will help....I'm praying and rechecking to make sure your flyers are still up in my area....

I don't know about anyone else here, but every time someone mentions the fact that nobody else can verify that MR and Dylan did spend Sunday evening together ... It makes me wonder how I could prove the same thing on demand? My older son is staying at a mates for a couple of days so my 13yo and I have been home alone together for the past 24 hours. How would I prove that to anyone at a later date? I'm not understanding why some valid scenarios are discounted on the grounds that something rather unprovable can't be proved? And yes, there is the phone inactivity - but I do think some are placing a lot of weight on how [BOLD]they[/BOLD] expect Dylan to have reacted to possibly having a dead phone. We don't know Dylan, and only have a few crumbs of info from his friends and family to run with (which makes it even stranger to me that some of those crumbs - like the references to hitch hiking, can be automatically discounted), so we generalise about what our own teens might have done in similar situations. They are generalisations though. I don't think my 13yo is odd - but I know his actions would be very different to a lot of the opinions posted here about how a 13yo would be expected to behave.

To be fair, LE placed major weight on the issue of Dylan's phone first. They basically ruled out his running away voluntarily based upon his lack of phone usage. So the idea came from LE, who presumably has access to review his habits.

But we do know some things about Dylan's posting history. We can see from his many posts to his friend R that day, that he was pretty chatty with his friend. And then the way it suddenly stopped, it seemed like something was wrong.

And D even texted that if he didn't open the door for him the next morning, he would text/call him ALL DAY LONG if necessary. So it sounds like he planned to be in touch with RN the next day.

And we also know that Dylan was polite enough to keep his friend updated on their plans together. He texted him about the change of plans for that evening, so why wouldn't he contact him about the fact he missed his ride and needed another one to town?

So I disagree that we are just generalizing about our own kids because we have also been looking at Dylan's specific posting routines and habits. JMO

I have no expectations about how Dylan might have reacted, but I see some that do and are fairly adamant that Dylans phone died, that he must have hitched, that it must have been an rso or anyone except the last person known to have seen him.

we each are entitled to our opinions and they will differ.<Mod Snip>
I believe in starting where we have a known fact, ie walmart, I realise that proving if someone was home or not is difficult, but I'm trying to work out why theres an insistance to ignore sunday evening and to assume that the phone or its battery died.

<Mod Snip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members