CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no expectations about how Dylan might have reacted, but I see some that do and are fairly adamant that Dylans phone died, that he must have hitched, that it must have been an rso or anyone except the last person known to have seen him.

we each are entitled to our opinions and they will differ.<Mod Snip>
I believe in starting where we have a known fact, ie walmart, I realise that proving if someone was home or not is difficult, but I'm trying to work out why theres an insistance to ignore sunday evening and to assume that the phone or its battery died.

<Mod Snip>

I don't think anyone has insisted anything. We're just offering possibilities, the same as others are offering different possibilities. There can be logical explanations for almost every little detail, but those explanations are totally dismissed by the majority, because it doesn't fit their theory, IMO.

It's fine and dandy to have one theory and stick to it. But it's also good to keep an open mind and not dismiss certain things that could be possible. Keeping an open mind and staying objective tends to make it a lot easier to accept once a case is solved, even if it doesn't turn out like we thought it would.

Just saw on the FMDR fb page that under the latest posting of their timeline, one of the page admins states that MR's 2 trucks were returned within a couple of days of the search. It's in a comment from about 6 hours ago iirc.

But we don't have any official confirmation of this yet? No MSM or anything?

Thanks,

Salem

PS - not nagging anyone here LOL - I'm just curious and very interested.

Well, see that's where people differ in opinions. We don't know him, so it's just as easy for me to believe that he was half asleep, his conscious mind didn't put everything together, and he rolled over and went back to sleep. Many people do the same thing. He was in a place he was not as familiar with, he wasn't fully awake enough to sort out his thoughts, so he didn't get up. Dad may not have tried the 2nd or 3rd time to wake him, and just left while he was only semi-awake.
I've raised 3 boys. Two of them were very good at getting up when they were supposed to most of the time. The last one is just like his daddy, he is extremely hard to wake up and get him moving. They will both talk to me and then go back to sleep.
I know that they say Dylan apparently went to sleep early so should have been slept out enough to hop up and be ready to go, but I also know that when kids are very, very tired, they can sleep for 14 hours at a stretch, and still be sleepy when they wake up.
I'm just saying.

You say that you have two boys that got up in the morning when necessary, and one that didn't. ER says that D usually got up when he was doing something fun with his friends. So evidently he was more like your two boys that you described.

Also, if he had slept for 14 hrs and was still tired when he woke up, why would he attempt to hitch hike for 20 miles with a heavy backpacjk and a fishing pole?

ER stated that he has a landline and internet. Now could he have not paid his bill and both had been shut off? That's certainly a possibility. That or the lines were down....sure it's possible. BUT again that would mean so many odd coincidences when a little boy goes missing. His phone battery or phone dies AND MR's internet is not working AND his landline is not working? Way too many coincidences for me...and honestly IMO absolutely absurd to imagine all these things happening when Dylan goes missing.

Thanks for the info. I am still stuck on possible reasons for Dylan to have ventured out of the house after dad left that morning (other than boredom which is my gut instinct).

I have a land line at my home mainly for my alarm system. When my cordless phone bit the dust 18 months ago I never bothered buying a new one because I primarily use my cell phone for all communication. I'm weird so I won't lump anyone else into that potential scenario.

However - I will state that my internet, cable tv and land line are a bundled package. If one of the service features goes out then the other two do as well.

It isn't too hard to imagine that maybe Dylan's phone/battery died and wouldn't re-charge and that he may not have even been aware that it wasn't recharging until he work up the next morning after dad left.

Dad leaves, Dylan gets up perhaps not long after... picks up his phone and discovers it is inoperable. Dang... can't remember R's phone number so I guess I'll have some cereal and watch some tv for a bit... cable goes out. Now there is nothing to watch on tv and because the cable is out the internet isn't working and neither is the land line.

A wild coincidence? Perhaps... or perhaps not. How often does the service go out in a rural area? I'm not rural but mine goes out at random more often than I like and it is ALWAYS when I am in the middle of watching something or on-line. The point is that it may not be an isolated incident and would provide a reason for a bored 13 year old to go out to play and/or possibly walk to a neighbors house to ask to use their phone... of course a 13 year old boy could develop cabin fever or boredom within 5 minutes regardless of what is on tv.

Some weirdo drives by who knows Dylan and/or dad (or claims to) and offers him a ride into town or to use his phone - "Go grab your things and I'll take you. You can use my phone to call your dad to tell him or I'll call him while you run inside to get your things, I've got his number in my phone."

It also isn't too difficult to theorize that Dylan could have dropped his phone by accident that morning and broke it (I hate to count how many phones I've done this to). No phone = no ability to look up phone numbers.

Dylan's primary contact with his friend was through texting. If the friend was at his grandma's Dylan probably would not know who to ask for through 411 directory assistance from the land line. Maybe he tried and we just don't know.

FWIW... I change my wifi and computer passwords fairly often but again I'm weird but I doubt I am the only person on the planet that does this.

Assuming we can take the word of the FMDR FB page posted by the admin that dad's trucks were returned to him within a day or two tells me that there was zero forensic evidence found to indicate blood, struggle or that a body was transported in it. If they had any inkling or potential evidence no matter how tiny it may have been they would absolutely NOT return them.

JMO...

One of many little things that stick with me is that Dad said he tried contacting Dylan in the aft. via cell. Now if Dylans phone had a dead battery I would think Dad would know that from the prior eve. IMO

ER stated that he has a landline and internet. Now could he have not paid his bill and both had been shut off? That's certainly a possibility. That or the lines were down....sure it's possible. BUT again that would mean so many odd coincidences when a little boy goes missing. His phone battery or phone dies AND MR's internet is not working AND his landline is not working? Way too many coincidences for me...and honestly IMO absolutely absurd to imagine all these things happening when Dylan goes missing.

couldn't agree more.

http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=302378

bbm; at 1:02, mark states

"before i left i nudged him on the shoulder and he acknowledged that he understood that i needed to leave and if he needed anything he would just call me".

so according to mark, dylan could call him, and proceeded to text dylan throughout the day. so it makes zero sense that dylan's phone wasn't working. if it had malfunctioned at 8:01pm, his dad would've known. what kid isn't going to curse up a storm knowing that his only lifeline to his friends has gone on the fritz?

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121123/NEWS01/121129810/‘He-would-have-called’--

"The telephone at his residence at 2343 County Road 500 rang until it cut off."

you can't tell me that the landline wasn't working on the 19th then miraculously regained power on the 23rd. even if dylan knew no one's number but his mom's, he would have at least called her to complain that he overslept and dad left him without a ride to bayfield.

snipped, bbm:

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687/A-boy’s-life--

"During the summer, Dylan and his friends would pile three or four to a bicycle and cruise down to the Pine River

They stayed up late during sleepovers when Dylan was always the hyper one and played hide-and-go-seek for hours after dark.

[cory and dylan] went fishing together, but Dylan would quickly become bored and start skipping rocks or swimming in the lake instead.

The two would spend a lot of time throwing the football outside and are known to stay up late playing video games."

judging not from my own or any else's experience, solely from what his friends and family say...this is NOT a kid who hangs out alone, fishes alone, or would 'fall into a lake'. this is also not a kid, IMO, who would set out without so much as a call or text to anyone, hitchhiking in shorts and a hoodie with a busted cell phone down a deserted highway in the middle of the woods.

JMO, IMO, MOO, et cetera...

BBM

If he needed a new battery and Dad was going to pick one up, I think we would have heard that already.

And if his dad was going to bring him a new battery and drive him to his friends, why hitch hike there? Why not wait an hour and get a ride and your cell fixed?

And if he hitched, why didnt anyone in the neighborhood see him out there?

I can't answer these questions, because I don't know.

Maybe things haven't been mentioned because we don't see and hear every word that Mark says in interviews. We also don't know everything he has told LE. Maybe they don't think the public needs to know everything they do.

I've just been trying to give reasonable explanations, that's all. I'm not defending Mark, all I'm doing is trying to think logically. I can't make all the pieces fit into one neat package, I'm not an investigator.

I'm out of here for awhile, carry on.

MR in his interview says something to the effect that there "was some discussion about maybe going with him in the morning" to be dropped off at his friend's house. But apparently he found the idea humorous because he knows that if Dylan doesn't have to get up he's not gonna get up.

According to the texts there seemed to be a concrete plan, not a maybe, initiated by Dylan, to do just that. So concrete in fact that the other boy set his alarm and got up expecting Dylan to be there. Even told him which door to go to where he'd be waiting for him.

So I'd say that he knew he had to get up, considering that he was the one who made the plan in the first place. I would think he'd have made it clear to his father that he had to get that morning ride because the other boy was expecting him.

How did MR not know that this was a solid plan and not just a "maybe" if I feel like getting up I'll catch a ride with you kind of deal?

MOO

Fishing and football. Two of the things Dylan did do with his Brother. Mom states Dad didn't know him very well. Yet Dad says they threw around a football and Dylan's fishing rod was missing. Just sayin.....Maybe cuz i dont know what else to say :banghead:

When i think about the "raw interview" with MR i would love to know why they cut out the football/sweat pants the first time it was released? Then came back to mention it?How sure can we be that MR didn't tell them more about Sunday evening and LE haven't felt ready to release what MR said to media?IMO hitching is still on my thoughts his friends said he had talked about hitching to see them,then the other friends said DR thumbed them a ride home from library,also mom said she told him not to hitch IMO that's three times it has came up enough in my book to be considered.

Dylan's friend even contradicted himself in the article in the Durango Herald. He said that he would have expected Dylan to let him know he was running late, but he also said that Dylan was known to randomly show up.

Do we know if having a numbing sensation of the head is indicative of an underlying (serious) health condition? Something he may not have had any previous indicators (something his mother was unaware).

Your thoughts he exaggerated the sensation may well be exactly what MR thought, too.

The comment really stuck out for me..... IMO

Or he could have been coming down with a cold or sinus infection and his ears were stopped up and ringing - and that could also explain why he had a hard time getting out of bed the next morning.
imo

And why did MR need an extra hour to an hour and half in the morning to make this run to Bayfield before carrying on into Durango. The driving distance from Vallecito to Bayfield to Durango, compared to Vallecito straight to Durango is only about a 10 mile difference.

I wonder what time his first appointment in Durango was?

MOO

One of many little things that stick with me is that Dad said he tried contacting Dylan in the aft. via cell. Now if Dylans phone had a dead battery I would think Dad would know that from the prior eve. IMO

Because logically (IMO) neither one of them would have known his phone wasn't operable (for whatever reason - if that is the case) until AFTER Dylan woke up and tried to use it which also would have been AFTER dad left.

Why would dad check Dylan's phone before he even left the house to see if it was working or fully charged? He wouldn't because there wouldn't be any reason to think that it wasn't.

We are assuming that the very first thing Dylan would have done when he woke up would have been to jump right on the cell phone and start texting his friend. Maybe he did but it wasn't working. Maybe there was a text "in que" that didn't go through because of poor/spotty reception but the phone died before it was able to find a strong enough signal (happens to me ALL the time and I live within a mile of my service providers HEADQUARTERS). Maybe he got up and walked to the kitchen with it but dropped it thus rendering it inoperable...

IMO there are a few logical reasons to easily explain why he wasn't in contact with anyone that morning and that are not outrageous to consider as possibilities... other than, "well he didn't even try to contact anyone so that means dad disappeared him and not some weirdo."

JMO :fence:

Sometimes at night, i fall asleep while using the internet, texting, etc. I wondered if this may have happend to DR after his long day.

Because logically (IMO) neither one of them would have known his phone wasn't operable (for whatever reason - if that is the case) until AFTER Dylan woke up and tried to use it which also would have been AFTER dad left.

Why would dad check Dylan's phone before he even left the house to see if it was working or fully charged? He wouldn't because there wouldn't be any reason to think that it wasn't.

We are assuming that the very first thing Dylan would have done when he woke up would have been to jump right on the cell phone and start texting his friend. Maybe he did but it wasn't working. Maybe there was a text "in que" that didn't go through because of poor/spotty reception but the phone died before it was able to find a strong enough signal (happens to me ALL the time and I live within a mile of my service providers HEADQUARTERS). Maybe he got up and walked to the kitchen with it but dropped it thus rendering it inoperable...

IMO there are a few logical reasons to easily explain why he wasn't in contact with anyone that morning and that are not outrageous to consider as possibilities... other than, "well he didn't even try to contact anyone so that means dad disappeared him and not some weirdo."

JMO :fence:

okay. let's sAy he dropped his cell that morning and broke it. And he couldn't use the landline and he didn't know the computer password, and there were no numbers stored in his i-pad for texting either. So he was blocked at every option to reach out to his friends.

But he knew his dad was returning at 11 to give him a ride. So why wouldn't he wait an hour or so for his dad? ESPECIALLY if his cell was broken. Because if he tried to hitch a ride, without a cell, then how was he going to figure out where to meet up with his friends? And if he waited for Dad, he would have a ride right to various friends homes. A hitched ride, not so much. And if he waited for DAd, he would be able to go get a new battery or a trac phone as a replacement.

Also the Skelton boys; weren't they also on a visit to their father? Or in a shared custody situation of some kind?

:what: I was thinking of them the other day. That was also a Thanksgiving visit.

There are just too many questions in this case. What i do pray for is Dylan is alive and he is found. I always have hope. Perhaps a glimmer but it's still hope. Where the heck are you little man :please:

Dylan's friend even contradicted himself in the article in the Durango Herald. He said that he would have expected Dylan to let him know he was running late, but he also said that Dylan was known to randomly show up.

I wonder what his mode of transportation was when he would randomly show up. jmo

But we don't have any official confirmation of this yet? No MSM or anything?

Thanks,

Salem

PS - not nagging anyone here LOL - I'm just curious and very interested.

The reporter who did the recent column about Dylan and his friend's texts wrote back to me when I queried him whether or not Mark had his truck back. His answer was that as of a couple of weeks ago, it "seemed to him" that he had them back.

No one is asking Mark or Elaine or LE, so, I don't see how we'll ever know for sure.

That's not a contradiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member