CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have the mother of those children plainly stating that he owed her 40k at the point he agreed to relinquish his rights to those children.

Yes, and that is helpful and invaluable to hear personal accounts. So thankful for that. And we have court documentation. All things together create a complete picture.

That's all. No silencing, no faulting, just looking and reading and learning. All information possible. That's all.

All I am taking from it is just what I said. He has a verifiable history of paying his child support judgments and has asked for visitation with his older children. That's all I'm taking from it at this point.

I'm not 100% sure of timing, but I think they expanded on that opinion. Obviously it is relevant or they wouldn't have thought someone's insight from that county was worth verifying.

I agree, though, it's not relevant to Dylan. It is ONLY relevant to MR's character- which has had the doors opened on. Has websleuths ever in its history said someone was open for sleuthing, except for when he lived in X location? Typically open for sleuthing means open for sleuthing? (for that matter, the menacing charge from a neighbor isn't relevant to Dylan either- it only goes to character of MR)

Websleuths is a good, unbiased board. They wouldn't try to allow all bad info on someone and hide all good info at the same time. I've never seen websleuths behave like that at all.

IMO if we are going to discuss MR as a deadbeat dad as a fact, which we are, then records showing he paid child support and requested visitation are completely relevant.

I think it's relevant in establishing MR's character as far as being a deadbeat dad as opposed to paying his child support when he was suppose to and having him a plus sign on his character.

That is incorrect, MR did NOT have a history of paying judgments, the judgments (3 previous judgments and all future child support obligations) were voluntarily dropped by me in 1999 so that he would give up his parental rights and allow the children to be adopted.

The ME is a judgment against me because tax refunds were given to me for two years, yes - I kept it simply because he never surrendered his parental rights. He took me to court in 2003 to get that portion back and he was awarded the refund.

The visitation was court ordered over Christmas, the one and only request in years. Yes, I faught it, he kept changing the dates, flights, etc and wouldn't provide an address. After an emergency hearing, the kids went to his house.

thank you for this post...can i ask why (bbm)? why he kept changing the dates/flights. thank you in advance.

That is incorrect, MR did NOT have a history of paying judgments, the judgments (3 previous judgments and all future child support obligations) were voluntarily dropped by me in 1999 so that he would give up his parental rights and allow the children to be adopted.

The ME is a judgment against me because tax refunds were given to me for two years, yes - I kept it simply because he never surrendered his parental rights. He took me to court in 2003 to get that portion back and he was awarded the refund.

The visitation was court ordered over Christmas, the one and only request in years. Yes, I faught it, he kept changing the dates, flights, etc and wouldn't provide an address. After an emergency hearing, the kids went to his house.

Thank you for the information Azgrandma. The official court documents only tell us part of the story.

And thank you for your contributions to Webslueths. You've been a valuable resource since we get so little from MSM.

Hoping for a miracle for Dylan's safe return!

We have the mother of those children plainly stating that he owed her 40k at the point he agreed to relinquish his rights to those children.

Jumping off your post - It is open to comparing against the court docs. HOWEVER, this discussion is not to move into the details of their dissolution. Refuting comments made is okay - discussion of the divorce, the kids, etc. is NOT okay.

This is a very fine line, so be careful here.

If they were having a great old time in walmart belive me they would show it!
That kid looks forlorned to me hes mad because he cant go to his friends house

My kids text their way thru walmart. phone in hand always!
where is Dylans phone?

Just a thought!

I'm not sure if it helps LE to release that to the public either way. However, if MR and Dylan appear to be arguing in that video, I'm sure that LE has questioned MR about it. At least, I hope they have. Releasing it to the public would satisfy our curiosity, but I'm not sure it would help the investigation.
moo

what concerns me is that you said the court ordered visitation was the one and only in years. Was that a concern for anyone for any reason? Was it weird that he suddenly wanted to see the kids?

I am also hoping for a happy resolution to this soon.

Thank you. I know it has to be difficult for you to keep explaining this but we really do appreciate you posting with us. You & Elaine deserve a great deal of credit for being such rocks for your children in the face of what MR put you each through.

Azgrandma, I wonder if you can clear up a question we've been harping on the last few pages. In your opinion or experience does MR have a drinking problem or has he in the past ? Tks and if its' NON TOS I understand !

MODS if I just totally broke a rule, I'm sorry. It just struck me I have no idea if I'm allowed to ask. :|

eeks in advance

I can safely say that at that time he would have been considered a regular drinker.

I am responding to a post in another thread where you note that MR was shaking his head during his interview. I found that VERY weird, too. I know that people will shake their heads no while saying "yes" when they are lying, or vice versa (saying "no" while nodding). But shaking your head the ENTIRE time? I don't get it? Is it denial of the entire incident? Is it defensiveness? Is it in response to a particular question and just continues? It was almost like a nervous tic. Does MR have any physical issues (parkinsons, withdrawal?) that would lead to him doing the head shaking?

O/T but I know there are others on this thread using Tapatalk on iPhones. For some reason I keep getting notifications from the app about replies to this thread & the basement party thread (only). I have notifications turned off. <modsnip>. Help!!

LE and I still have not ruled out abduction. There were vactioners there, hunters. Lots of strangers to the area. Cabins were being rented out, RV's were in the area for the Thanksgiving holiday. People come, people go.

If a girl can stop at the end of her driveway to get the mail and be abducted and no one sees anything when she had neighbors, then it's not impossible for someone to have seen Dylan outside and took the opportunity when it was presented. JMO

LE and I still have not ruled out abduction. There were vactioners there, hunters. Lots of strangers to the area. Cabins were being rented out, RV's were in the area for the Thanksgiving holiday. People come, people go.

If a girl can stop at the end of her driveway to get the mail and be abducted and no one sees anything when she had neighbors, then it's not impossible for someone to have seen Dylan outside and took the opportunity when it was presented. JMO

I find that I try to think along two parallel tracks here. Most days I believe the Sunday night foul play scenario but sometimes I'll ponder the alternative, much like you outline above. I was really hoping that the same folks who were holidaying in the area over Thanksgiving might have returned for Christmas and had their memories jarred. We do not know if that has happened b/c we are not privy to the tipline info. I do know, per the FMDR FB page, that flyers seem to be posted in a whole lot of local establishments. Because the reward amount keeps increasing, the flyers keep getting reprinted and reposted and surely that will keep them from becoming invisible for awhile. If your scenario is to be sleuthed, how the heck do we do it?

thank you for this post...can i ask why (bbm)? why he kept changing the dates/flights. thank you in advance.

It was pretty much because of the type of tickets he got, IIRC it had something to do with getting discounted flights from Kings Soopers and those were only accepted on certain flights/times. Visitation was set and was changed a couple of times.

I never believed the restrictions that were on the flights because once you know what the restrictions are, you arrange your flight around that. The changes were slight but over the holidays.

Crime stats for Bayfield CO-
http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Bayfield-Colorado.html

No wonder the village is puzzled. No murders in a decade? Sure, the Durango stats are much higher (actually, no murders there in 2011 per the FBI) but if Dylan was abducted by a stranger, that crime would have occurred in Vallecito/Bayfield, not Durango so I'm starting there. And 5 full time police officers? no wonder they had to assemble a task force. I know city-data is not the most reliable source so I'm still digging.

what concerns me is that you said the court ordered visitation was the one and only in years. Was that a concern for anyone for any reason? Was it weird that he suddenly wanted to see the kids?

I am also hoping for a happy resolution to this soon.

The reason it was the first one in years is because he moved to NC and I moved to AZ. For years I tried to get CS and even enlisted the states help. He didn't ask so he didn't see them. He never went through me or the courts for any visitation.

Then he showed up one day at their school out of the blue. I can't remember if he saw them at that time, it was scary though so I'm thinking I didn't let him. We went to court, he got visitation, I think it was twice and then that was it. Never saw them again. Even in 2003 he didn't ask to see them.

I am responding to a post in another thread where you note that MR was shaking his head during his interview. I found that VERY weird, too. I know that people will shake their heads no while saying "yes" when they are lying, or vice versa (saying "no" while nodding). But shaking your head the ENTIRE time? I don't get it? Is it denial of the entire incident? Is it defensiveness? Is it in response to a particular question and just continues? It was almost like a nervous tic. Does MR have any physical issues (parkinsons, withdrawal?) that would lead to him doing the head shaking?

not that I know of.

The reason it was the first one in years is because he moved to NC and I moved to AZ. For years I tried to get CS and even enlisted the states help. He didn't ask so he didn't see them. He never went through me or the courts for any visitation.

Then he showed up one day at their school out of the blue. I can't remember if he saw them at that time, it was scary though so I'm thinking I didn't let him. We went to court, he got visitation, I think it was twice and then that was it. Never saw them again. Even in 2003 he didn't ask to see them.

I am so glad your children are grown. It is hard to read your posts in light of the current situation and not feel that ... Well you really dodged a bullet.

I'm not sure if it helps LE to release that to the public either way. However, if MR and Dylan appear to be arguing in that video, I'm sure that LE has questioned MR about it. At least, I hope they have. Releasing it to the public would satisfy our curiosity, but I'm not sure it would help the investigation.
moo

IMO the release of the photo was just to prove that Dylan was in fact at the Walmart the night he arrived in Durango. At least that part of Mark's story was verified by the release of the photo.

Showing Mark in the photo serves no purpose as far as solving Dylan's disappearance is concerned. We can see Dylan on stills as proof he was there, which is what at one point was in question when this case first started. He was, so it's fact. I believe LE only released the pic of Dylan because that's the only part relevant to this case.

I wonder if MR was known to drink and drive? He picked Dylan up late in the day and if he was a 'regular' daily drinker it seems logical that he had probably been drinking that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Purpleflowerrrs