CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this information was brought up/discussed before, but I just checked the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children's website. I first searched for all male children missing from Colorado over the last five years. It came up with a total of 6 boys, including Dylan. Of those 6 missing kids, 1 is Dylan, 1 is a runaway from 2011, and the remaining four are all very young and were reportedly abducted by a family member.

Then I did a second search - this time for a 12 year period of time - from 2000 to Dec. 2012, and it only came up with four more for a total of 10 boys missing, including Dylan. Of the 10, 1 was Dylan, 2 were runaways (2001 and 2011), two brothers about age 7 and 9 (if I remember correctly, it was suspected that there may have been family abuse related to the boys disappearance), and the remaining ones were again reportedly abducted by family member.

Overall, there doesn't appear to be any 'current' incidents of unsolved male child abductions by strangers that I could see.

Just thought I'd share, FWIW. Apologies if this has already been discussed.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PublicHomeServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US

I wonder about people who who regularly vacation there or may have been there in the 80s but have since moved away, and if there are any abductions of boys his age in their current area of residence. I am thinking that if a stranger did take Dylan, it would be someone who knows the area. Jmo

I think if Mark did purchase a new fishing pole for Dylan at Walmart, he would have mentioned it in his interview....making a big deal out of it....saying how much Dylan was looking forward to using it...jmo

I think he did only because he said LE should have looked at the lake sooner because they knew a fishing pole was missing fron the very beginning. I am almost certain he said something like this! JMO

It still makes no logical sense that after making plans with a friend and being over eager to do so that he sleeps in and then on top of that goes fishing by 'himself'.

It's stated that his friend were important to him and time had been set aside for that . Yet he decided to go fishing on his first full day in town alone .

Just one more thing in this case that does not ring true .

MOO

Not sure if this information was brought up/discussed before, but I just checked the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children's website. I first searched for all male children missing from Colorado over the last five years. It came up with a total of 6 boys, including Dylan. Of those 6 missing kids, 1 is Dylan, 1 is a runaway from 2011, and the remaining four are all very young and were reportedly abducted by a family member.

Then I did a second search - this time for a 12 year period of time - from 2000 to Dec. 2012, and it only came up with four more for a total of 10 boys missing, including Dylan. Of the 10, 1 was Dylan, 2 were runaways (2001 and 2011), two brothers about age 7 and 9 (if I remember correctly, it was suspected that there may have been family abuse related to the boys disappearance), and the remaining ones were again reportedly abducted by family member.

Overall, there doesn't appear to be any 'current' incidents of unsolved male child abductions by strangers that I could see.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PublicHomeServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US

Thanks for this! I have been trying to search the same info today with less success. I know stranger abductions can occur where the suspect takes the victim faraway (Jaycee Dugard) but more likely not too far (Hornbeck/Ownby). If it were a stranger abduction/murder I do think Dylan's body would have been found by now. JMO. So I am left with stranger abduction/imprisonment or *sigh* MR.

I wonder about people who who regularly vacation there or may have been there in the 80s but have since moved away, and if there are any abductions of boys his age in their current area of residence. I am thinking that if a stranger did take Dylan, it would be someone who knows the area. Jmo

You would have to know who regularly vacationed there and I'm not privvy to that information, and then you'd have to know where they reside permanently and see if there were missing kids from that state.

It just seems odd that Dylan seems to be the only one that may have been abducted by a stranger in a 12 year period (or he's a runaway that's not listed as such).

I will add, however, that there may have been other "abducted by stranger/RSO" kids previously listed on there that have since been removed from the list if they had/have been found (alive/deceased). This was just a preliminary search I did out of curiosity. I'm now looking at other missing sites for "older" kids. I'm not sure what the age limit is for the NCMEC site - I would assume 17 or 18.

I find that I try to think along two parallel tracks here. Most days I believe the Sunday night foul play scenario but sometimes I'll ponder the alternative, much like you outline above. I was really hoping that the same folks who were holidaying in the area over Thanksgiving might have returned for Christmas and had their memories jarred. We do not know if that has happened b/c we are not privy to the tipline info. I do know, per the FMDR FB page, that flyers seem to be posted in a whole lot of local establishments. Because the reward amount keeps increasing, the flyers keep getting reprinted and reposted and surely that will keep them from becoming invisible for awhile. If your scenario is to be sleuthed, how the heck do we do it?

My son is home from college this week. Today he asked me what case I was following. I told him about Dylan. These are some of the scenarios he came up with:

1. someone got really lucky and abducted him while he was hitchhiking
2. a hunter accidently shot him and disposed of his body in the mountains
3. someone accidently hit him with their car while he was walking on the road
and disposed of his body in the mountains
4. Dylan and his dad got into an argument that ended in Dylan losing his life
and his body could be anywhere since there was so much time between
the Walmart video and Dylan being reported missing.

He said also that the phone and not finding Dylan's scent in or around the house were the big issues. He also couldn't understand not having Dylan's scent on a towel (because he felt Dylan would have showered since he was going to visit friends and possibly see some girls).

He also said a 13 year old would be texting nonstop and why not use the computer? He also said that if the phone had quit working, he would have definitely used his dad's phone, the computer or the house phone to call me (his mom) because he said he knew that I would get him another phone immediately....and I think Elaine would have done the same for Dylan.

So we have a 23 year old male point of view to what may have happened to Dylan. JMSO (just my son's opinion)....

Thanks TxJan! I used your search critera and applied them to New Mexico due to its proximity to Durango/Bayfield.

In the last 12 years - 7 missing male children. 3 familial abduction, 3 endangered runaways, 1 listed as "missing" (went missing 1 month shy of his 18th birthday).

Might check out Utah and AZ with same search terms, why not, right.

My son is home from college this week. Today he asked me what case I was following. I told him about Dylan. These are some of the scenarios he came up with:

1. someone got really lucky and abducted him while he was hitchhiking
2. a hunter accidently shot him and disposed of his body in the mountains
3. someone accidently hit him with their car while he was walking on the road
and disposed of his body in the mountains
4. Dylan and his dad got into an argument that ended in Dylan losing his life
and his body could be anywhere since there was so much time between
the Walmart video and Dylan being reported missing.

He said also that the phone and not finding Dylan's scent in or around the house were the big issues. He also couldn't understand not having Dylan's scent on a towel (because he felt Dylan would have showered since he was going to visit friends and possibly see some girls).

He also said a 13 year old would be texting nonstop and why not use the computer? He also said that if the phone had quit working, he would have definitely used his dad's phone, the computer or the house phone to call me (his mom) because he said he knew that I would get him another phone immediately....and I think Elaine would have done the same for Dylan.

So we have a 23 year old male point of view to what may have happened to Dylan. JMSO (just my son's opinion)....

Two big thumbs up to your son! I have often thought about the covered up accident idea...but I think we had covered hunting many threads ago and there were not active hunting licenses in season at the time (if memory serves) which would leave road accident, which would certainly be plausible either Sunday PM or Monday AM. Hadn't thought about the shower or calling to get a new phone, which would make sense on both counts. Hmmmm.....:waitasec:

Thanks TxJan! I used your search critera and applied them to New Mexico due to its proximity to Durango/Bayfield.

In the last 12 years - 7 missing male children. 3 familial abduction, 3 endangered runaways, 1 listed as "missing" (went missing 1 month shy of his 18th birthday).

Might check out Utah and AZ with same search terms, why not, right.

Yes! Please. I'm currently doing a search on another missing kids site. Not sure which other sites we're allowed to link to - but I'll ask first. I'm doing CP site.

I'm so sorry. I'm new here. I was trying to join in and be helpful.

Actually it IS helpful information. Even though it's the same it means that LE has not ruled out MR or abduction. So for those of us, like me, who assumed LE has zeroed in on one theory or another, it's interesting. :)

You would have to know who regularly vacationed there and I'm not privvy to that information, and then you'd have to know where they reside permanently and see if there were missing kids from that state.

It just seems odd that Dylan seems to be the only one that may have been abducted by a stranger in a 12 year period (or he's a runaway that's not listed as such).

I will add, however, that there may have been other "abducted by stranger/RSO" kids previously listed on there that have since been removed from the list if they had/have been found (alive/deceased). This was just a preliminary search I did out of curiosity. I'm now looking at other missing sites for "older" kids. I'm not sure what the age limit is for the NCMEC site - I would assume 17 or 18.

Right. I didn't figure any of us would be privy to that info. It could always be a first time offender as well, such as Austin Sigg( I know he made other attempts besides poor Jessica, but I mean first time actually completing an abduction). I would hope that if LE considers this a strong possibility they alert the community soon. Seems strange that they haven't.

Interesting Jan. Thanks for looking that up .

Has this been posted today?

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...old-dylan-redwine-near-durango-grows-to-20000

Nothing new, of course.

Has the note ER wrote to Dylan on the FB page that she requested be taken down after the "negative comments"... some nerve.

"The Durango Herald reported that $4,000 was added to the reward fund by a family friend this week". Bless that friend... let the coward who's involved spill their evil secret and let money help bring the truth foward.

eta: this article was probably written early this AM but I think ER's beautiful message to Dylan deserves to be posted and read again, in spite of the "negavity and judgement" it brought the page. Outrageous.

That was so upsetting. People went to a page set up for HER son to blame her for obeying a court order and sending her son to a visit a man they swear is innocent anyway!! The stupid - it burns.

Yes! Please. I'm currently doing a search on another missing kids site. Not sure which other sites we're allowed to link to - but I'll ask first. I'm doing CP site.

Utah. One interesting result.

Search: Last 12 years, all missing males from Utah. 4 results.

1 familial abduction. 2 endangered runaways.

1 endangered missing
GAB, 12 years old when he went missing, last seen at appx 8am at Cuberant Lake in Uinta Mountains in Utah, fishing with his father when his feet got wet, so he started to walk back to the campsite to change his shoes [....] never arrived at campsite.

Read more. Missing poster. Thoughts anyone??

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Right. I didn't figure any of us would be privy to that info. It could always be a first time offender as well, such as Austin Sigg( I know he made other attempts besides poor Jessica, but I mean first time actually completing an abduction). I would hope that if LE considers this a strong possibility they alert the community soon. Seems strange that they haven't.

I totally understand what you're saying about a "first" offender. With this theory, though, what I think I'm trying to convey is that in Colorado, on the NCMEC missing children website, Dylan would be the ONLY "first time offender abducted child" from Colorado in the last 12 years.

All the others are either murdered by parents, abducted by parents, or runaways. So it would be more likely for me to believe he was a 3rd runaway over the last 12 years vs. the first abducted kid from Colorado by a 1st time offender and taken to another state.

Please note that I do realize that not all abductions are reported/listed, etc. I'm just going solely off the missing kids website and what those current stats are.

That was so upsetting. People went to a page set up for HER son to blame her for obeying a court order and sending her son to a visit a man they swear is innocent anyway!! The stupid - it burns.

I really don't have words for those who had the you-know-whats to post so critically to ER as she was writing directly to her missing son.
Well, I have the words, but they're not allowed here and they aren't appropriate on FB either.
They're more appropriate if I'm looking to get charged with menacing, which I'm not. :rocker:

Utah. One interesting result.

Search: Last 12 years, all missing males from Utah. 4 results.

1 familial abduction. 2 endangered runaways.

1 endangered missing
GAB, 12 years old when he went missing, last seen at appx 8am at Cuberant Lake in Uinta Mountains in Utah, fishing with his father when his feet got wet, so he started to walk back to the campsite to change his shoes [....] never arrived at campsite.

Read more. Missing poster. Thoughts anyone??

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Just for clarification purposes - when you say "all missing males" from Utah - are you limiting age range? (i.e. are these male "children" (under 18) or 18 and older?

I was thinking of the road accident as well, if he was walking by the road very early and someone was blinded by the sun or not paying attention and hit him...thought there would probably have been some trace of that left behind( a shoe, a hat, tire marks, blood, broken glass, the backpack, the fishing pole,etc) especially if they panicked and wanted to get off the road ASAP without being seen they would not have time to do a very thorough cleanup.

I totally agree. If they feel it isn't possible MR was involved, then why criticize her for going through with the visit??

Just for clarification purposes - when you say "all missing males" from Utah - are you limiting age range? (i.e. are these male "children" (under 18) or 18 and older?

I didn't specify by any age. Wide open search. I assumed that to be entered in the NCMEC database the "child" has to be under 18 at the time he/she goes missing. We can search for "current age between" but like I said for this particular search it was all males, no age limits.
Does that sound about right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member