CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally understand what you're saying about a "first" offender. With this theory, though, what I think I'm trying to convey is that in Colorado, on the NCMEC missing children website, Dylan would be the ONLY "first time offender abducted child" from Colorado in the last 12 years.

All the others are either murdered by parents, abducted by parents, or runaways. So it would be more likely for me to believe he was a 3rd runaway over the last 12 years vs. the first abducted kid from Colorado by a 1st time offender and taken to another state.

Please note that I do realize that not all abductions are reported/listed, etc. I'm just going solely off the missing kids website and what those current stats are.

Yes, I totally agree. I think it's unlikely, but I am just examining all angles. It seems like we have been over and over everything else. :(

Utah. One interesting result.

Search: Last 12 years, all missing males from Utah. 4 results.

1 familial abduction. 2 endangered runaways.

1 endangered missing
GAB, 12 years old when he went missing, last seen at appx 8am at Cuberant Lake in Uinta Mountains in Utah, fishing with his father when his feet got wet, so he started to walk back to the campsite to change his shoes [....] never arrived at campsite.

Read more. Missing poster. Thoughts anyone??

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

It's interesting. Almost 10 years ago...how far away from Vallecito is Cuberant lake?

I didn't specify by any age. Wide open search. I assumed that to be entered in the NCMEC database the "child" has to be under 18 at the time he/she goes missing. We can search for "current age between" but like I said for this particular search it was all males, no age limits.
Does that sound about right?

Yes! (I should pay attention instead of trying to do 3 things at one time). LOL

1 endangered missing
GAB, 12 years old when he went missing, last seen at appx 8am at Cuberant Lake in Uinta Mountains in Utah, fishing with his father when his feet got wet, so he started to walk back to the campsite to change his shoes [....] never arrived at campsite.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

My thought is, I'm very glad my ex never took our son fishing.

1 endangered missing

Big physical similarities between GAB and Dylan ... same height, same weight, similar colour hair, similar age, both have gone missing in lake districts - also both apparently went missing in the morning hours ..... both went missing during school vacation times ....

Big physical similarities between GAB and Dylan ... same height, same weight, similar colour hair, same colour eyes, similar age, both have gone missing in lake districts, both apparently went missing in the morning hours .....

Yep, that's what caught my eye too. I'm just reading up on his case now.

Unless LE has one man in their sight and they have no need for the public, media, and outside resources -- I will continue to wonder why they're not asking for public help and narrowing down the timeline. If this was some random stranger abduction committed by some sicko who could be halfway across the country and LE is completely in the dark, why WHY WHY aren't they trying to reach broader audiences?

The silence is officially suspicious, IMO.

I would really love to know what DR usual routine was at his Dads. This I feel is THE major clue. Ie Did he have his own room? Own bed? Any belongings or toys of his own there? Did he have a toothbrush there...or bring his own? Did he ever use the dads computer or telephone? Did the dad use the phone or computer much? Was it used that evening or not (ie if it is usually connected to Internet every evening but was not at all on that Sunday night)

I think what is really bothering me is that to be able to have access to your child you have to provide them with a bed and certain items. Why then did DR sleep on the couch, in his clothes, no shower and leaving none of his items there? Does not make sense! The only reason I can see that dad had to say this is because the sheets on DRs bed were prob washed after last visit and they were not slept on because DR never made it there that night! The blanket that was on the couch probably hadn't been washed so he could presume there may be a bit of DR smell left on it from previous visit! Safer therefore to say he slept there!

I also do not believe that a kid would not have unpacked somewhat and that some of the things would not have been left behind! He would at most only needed 1 change of clothes not his entire backpack.

I really can not see any evidence that DR made it there that night. To know his usual routine and sleeping place would be very helpful:banghead:

LE presumably knows the answers to many of our questions and yet, the knowledge does not seem to be helping them much.

Rather than the couch being the only place on offer to sleep, I have thought that maybe it's where Dylan landed in front of the tv, then simply fell asleep there. My boys can go and spend the night at a friends and still come home in the same clothes they wore when they left, with untouched clean clothes still in their backpack - it's a boy thing. I also have a very large family/living room upstairs, and when other teens come to stay, despite assorted beds being available - all boys including mine, will choose to sleep on couches or mattresses in front of the tv and Xbox! I'm sure they actually sleep with remotes and controllers their hands so they can just sit up and pick up where they left off :)

Rather than the couch being the only place on offer to sleep, I have thought that maybe it's where Dylan landed in front of the tv, then simply fell asleep there. My boys can go and spend the night at a friends and still come home in the same clothes they wore when they left, with untouched clean clothes still in their backpack - it's a boy thing. I also have a very large family/living room upstairs, and when other teens come to stay, despite assorted beds being available - all boys including mine, will choose to sleep on couches or mattresses in front of the tv and Xbox! I'm sure they actually sleep with remotes and controllers their hands so they can just sit up and pick up where they left off :)

Same here. Both my boys have several of those cinch bags, and I could probably go in their room right now and find at least 2 bags full of clothes they took to a last sleepover.

I would really love to know what DR usual routine was at his Dads. This I feel is THE major clue. Ie Did he have his own room? Own bed? Any belongings or toys of his own there? Did he have a toothbrush there...or bring his own? Did he ever use the dads computer or telephone? Did the dad use the phone or computer much? Was it used that evening or not (ie if it is usually connected to Internet every evening but was not at all on that Sunday night)

I think what is really bothering me is that to be able to have access to your child you have to provide them with a bed and certain items. Why then did DR sleep on the couch, in his clothes, no shower and leaving none of his items there? Does not make sense! The only reason I can see that dad had to say this is because the sheets on DRs bed were prob washed after last visit and they were not slept on because DR never made it there that night! The blanket that was on the couch probably hadn't been washed so he could presume there may be a bit of DR smell left on it from previous visit! Safer therefore to say he slept there!

I also do not believe that a kid would not have unpacked somewhat and that some of the things would not have been left behind! He would at most only needed 1 change of clothes not his entire backpack.

I really can not see any evidence that DR made it there that night. To know his usual routine and sleeping place would be very helpful:banghead:

I get what you're saying. I just think he didn't visit his dad enough to have a normal routine.

LE presumably knows the answers to many of our questions and yet, the knowledge does not seem to be helping them much.

If we had answers to a couple of simple questions, there would probably be 9 threads for Dylan's case.

I totally understand what you're saying about a "first" offender. With this theory, though, what I think I'm trying to convey is that in Colorado, on the NCMEC missing children website, Dylan would be the ONLY "first time offender abducted child" from Colorado in the last 12 years.

All the others are either murdered by parents, abducted by parents, or runaways. So it would be more likely for me to believe he was a 3rd runaway over the last 12 years vs. the first abducted kid from Colorado by a 1st time offender and taken to another state.

Please note that I do realize that not all abductions are reported/listed, etc. I'm just going solely off the missing kids website and what those current stats are.
bbm

Those stats you're referring to did not include solved or found cases, only currently missing and unresolved. Because once remains are found it wouldn't be a missing person's case anymore, right?

I get what you're saying. I just think he didn't visit his dad enough to have a normal routine.

Yes I thought about that too but if everything he 'did' that night and the next morning is not what he usually does ie falling asleep on couch, no shower, no phone or computer, no evidence of him being there ie no teeth brushing, no hairbrushing?? No glass of water even? It just doesn't sound right:moo: if LE would just come out and say that yes this is what normally occurs and there was evidence of him being there, then it might help people get the heat off dad.

Me too. I definitely have my suspicions but I definitely haven't ruled out abduction. The hitch hiking scenario bothers me. I hope this wasn't something Dylan would have done alone, if he did it at all. I know all RSO s in the area have been checked out, but then it could be an offender who has never been caught and convicted. I was also thinking of the boy who disappeared in 1986 and wad never found. Maybe someone who was in the area way back then still has ties and returned for thanksgiving and happened to see Dylan alone and reoffend? It's possible. Like you, though, I am not sure how to sleuth this( at least for us).

Maybe he wasn't hitch hiking at all. Maybe he walked outside that morning to try to get a signal on the phone, or just because he was bored. He might have been right in his yard, and some predator was driving down the road, stopped and approached him with the ruse of asking directions. When the perp saw that no one else was home, he snatched him up and threw him in the vehicle and sped off.
This is what predators do, they drive around looking for victims, and they like remote areas. But kids have been snatched right out of their yards, and with other kids nearby, so it's not an impossibility.

bbm

Those stats you're referring to did not include solved or found cases, only currently missing and unresolved. Because once remains are found it wouldn't be a missing person's case anymore, right?

Yes - if you see my last sentence in my previous post I state that.
(I can't seem to bring both messages forward). I knew in posting my previous stats that it did not take into account those solved/found and made sure to say that knowing how folks in here think/respond.

I'm not sure at the moment where to obtain information on any solved stats. I'm only going on what is current at the NCMEC site as to any unsolved "missing/stranger abductions" so we can see what kids were possibly abducted by a stranger (vs. familial) over the last 12 years. It was merely a start of some new thoughts/supporting documentation. Anyone else want to try to research the "resolved" cases - feel free to asist.... I'm currently working on another site of missing Colorado kids and will be posting those findings next.

I had previously searched 411.com for MR just to see what was there and that's where I found his previous Durango address and then looked up that property on the La Plata county website.

http://www.apal.co/RV/6893/4097

However, I took another look at 411.com last night and clicked on his name at the old Durango address and had not noticed before, but it shows a woman's name that he is "associated with"....don't know if this lady is a relative or what. Found her name along with a man's name as being owners of Rocky Mtn Pawn & Gun in Durango and they have a residence in Bayfield on CR 503. Strange...

http://www.411.com/name/Mark-A-Redwine/Durango-CO/4vp98qg

I finished my search of the other missing persons website. Here is my first find:

Child: CWV
Missing from: Poudre Park, CO
Missing since: 4-30-78
Commen: Last Seen hiking on Grey Rock Mountain Trail in the Poudre Canyon, in Poudre Park, CO off Highway 14, never seen again.

(Unsure if I'm allowed to post minor's name, but we do have a thread on here for him). If anyone is interested, I can ask a mod if I can post the name.

From the other missing Colorado people website:

There were also 2 runaways:

One age 15 from Aurora CO on 9-10-01
One age 16 from Conifer, CO on 11-3-97
Both unresolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors