CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hoping they are either gearing up for a big press release or something to drum up interest again or they are quietly preparing a case. I am choosing to be optimistic right now because I cannot face them letting the case die away and Dylan never getting justice. So, if I think positively maybe I can will it into being.

Tonight, I am wishing we knew firm, final results for all last pings and all cell activity of any type for everyone that is of interest from the time the plane landed for the next 24 hours.

Agreed. And I wish we knew what was found or not found during the search of MR's house and what the clues found during the ground searches might have to do with Dylan.

I can almost guarantee you'll never read an article saying that. They don't tell us anything. They appear to be letting it quietly fade away...

I think the mention of a "reduced but active squad" has been indicated by LE in many cases, starting with Kyron's, which they first reduced in September of the year he vanished, so three months in.

Agreed. And I wish we knew what was found or not found during the search of MR's house and what the clues found during the ground searches might have to do with Dylan.

To me, anyway, it is pretty clear that nothing was found that pointed to a suspect or was enough to confirm any theory LE may have. Going back to read through all of the original tips is, for me, a discouraging sign. If they are like many cases, a good number are vague, nonsensical, or based on "visions."

I didn't say he has facebook. I said even if he doesn't check the find dylan redwine facebook once per day, someone who knows him and cares about him would be sure to tell him. I bet Cory texted him about it.

I doubt everyone in the community has facebook, but many knew about the vigil and I would think that a friend, acqaintance, neighbour or family member would have let him know about it.

In smaller communities word of mouth is usually more than enough for the whole area to know whats going on.

I doubt everyone in the community has facebook, but many knew about the vigil and I would think that a friend, acqaintance, neighbour or family member would have let him know about it.

In smaller communities word of mouth is usually more than enough for the whole area to know whats going on.

Obviously he found out about it because he was there. If I recall the vigil was the day it was announced. It was not planned for days and days. And if they didn't let him know about it that was rude and probably on purpose. jmo

The more I think about it, if LE knew for sure that Dylan slept at the house and went missing on the Monday, they should be making that very clear and cease the confusion about Sunday night. I honestly think they do not know and won't ever know, if they don't by now. They lost too much time before processing the house.

I can almost guarantee you'll never read an article saying that. They don't tell us anything. They appear to be letting it quietly fade away...

I knew I had read something like this but had to search through.
This article way back on 12/6 mentions,

Since the warrant was served, the search for Dylan has pared back as far as the numbers of law enforcement officers working the case.
But dozens of investigators from the La Plata County Sheriff's Office, Durango police, the FBI and other agencies continue to investigate tips each day, he said.

Clearly not like saying there are two part-time detectives working the case but it does say that they scaled back the number, and of course at this point (2 & 1/2 weeks later) there better be dozens!
That could go either way, perhaps a smaller more focused group of agents becomes more productive as time goes on. Or... they don't have anything to work with no matter how big the force is.

http://www.daily-times.com/ci_22134254/sheriff-missing-redwine-boys-disappearance-believed-foul-play

eta and o/t: from the article: The sheriff is not calling him a suspect or discusszing details about the search, Bender said.
Is discusszing the German spelling of discussing? It's kind of catchy now that I say it out loud.

Maude-I think your post is great. At least two posters who have had kids missing for periods of time have also given their input about what happens when your kid is missing and oddly enough both are way more sympathetic toward MR. It is hard to say well I would do everything right!!!! in this case when it hasn't happened to you.

However, as more time passes I become more certain about what happened :(

:blushing:

I have a hard time seeing the random abduction scenario but I just can't condemn MR based on how he has been acting.

:blushing:

I have a hard time seeing the random abduction scenario but I just can't condemn MR based on how he has been acting.

I don't pay any attention to how MR is acting either. But so many coincidences here, it is hard not to notice them. I mean Dylan is barely in town 12 hours and he runs into the murderous stranger? If he was where he normally lived and walked every day, abduction would seem more likely to me. And then there is the...PHONE mystery.

Obviously he found out about it because he was there. If I recall the vigil was the day it was announced. It was not planned for days and days. And if they didn't let him know about it that was rude and probably on purpose. jmo

I agree to some extent but I'm not sure if he was responding to his family at this point yet. If he wasn't responding to their texts and calls about their missing 13-year old loved one, inviting him to a community vigil probably wasn't a priority.

Also in what seems to be a trend with him (to me), he tends to sit back and be passive ... waiting to be phoned, invited, "accused"/"called out", etc. His son is missing and while I'm thrilled he's cooperating with LE, he's not aware of anything else that's going on and if he's ticked at anyone for that, it should only be himself.

Yes everyone's different and I'm sure he's stressed and he might be anti-social but it's still HIS role to be involved if he wants to. If he doesn't communicate with ER, so be it, but doesn't he speak with anyone else who can give him a ride to vigils, searches, police HQ's? Poor cell service, no facebook, bad relationship with your ex -- not great excuses for being out of the loop when your kid's missing. JMO.

For the record this wasn't "@" you, just at the universe at large!

the same could be said about him ignoring calls from ER and CR

If your child is missing its your responsibility to keep in the loop, its not everyone elses responsibility except yours.

and you know with ignoring calls I find that really odd, wouldn't you be answering every call in case someone had information about or had located your child?

I agree to some extent but I'm not sure if he was responding to his family at this point yet. If he wasn't responding to their texts and calls about their missing 13-year old loved one, inviting him to a community vigil probably wasn't a priority.

Also in what seems to be a trend with him (to me), he tends to sit back and be passive ... waiting to be phoned, invited, "accused"/"called out", etc. His son is missing and while I'm thrilled he's cooperating with LE, he's not aware of anything else that's going on and if he's ticked at anyone for that, it should only be himself.

Yes everyone's different and I'm sure he's stressed and he might be anti-social but it's still HIS role to be involved if he wants to. If he doesn't communicate with ER, so be it, but doesn't he speak with anyone else who can give him a ride to vigils, searches, police HQ's? Poor cell service, no facebook, bad relationship with your ex -- not great excuses for being out of the loop when your kid's missing. JMO.

For the record this wasn't "@" you, just at the universe at large!

You know what Lotus, I agree with you. This has been my perception of him all along. I don't know if he is shy, introverted or what, but now is the time to get a handle on it. And maybe he is individually working with LE I don't know, but you sure can't sit in that cabin and wonder where your child is. Or worse feel remorse for what may or may not have happened. As far as the Universe is concerned, I wish it would open up and give us some answers. jmo

If your child is missing its your responsibility to keep in the loop, its not everyone elses responsibility except yours.

and you know with ignoring calls I find that really odd, wouldn't you be answering every call in case someone had information about or had located your child?

Absolutely, yes I would.

Actually, it has been a month or so since LE said they were talking to him, I believe. We don't even know if he still is.

Mark not knowing about the vigil could be directly related to him not answering calls. It is rather difficult to share information with someone that avoids all attempts at contact.

I haven't given up hope yet that they may have MR's pings in a general area. If I understand correctly in rural areas it can be a sizable area though.

I haven't given up hope yet that they may have MR's pings in a general area. If I understand correctly in rural areas it can be a sizable area though.

Yet they seem to have done very little searching, and should have had his pings within days.

I'm going to regret saying this immediately, but I almost wish NG would do another show on Dylan. And I'd even watch it.

I'm going to regret saying this immediately, but I almost wish NG would do another show on Dylan. And I'd even watch it.

I still do not understand why LE spoke on her show that one time and then never sought out any media again, not even local. What made them decide on complete silence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Purpleflowerrrs