CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Help? Why do you think the Skelton case and Dylan's stand apart? Dad in Skelton case is now in prison for misleading and taking the boys in the Skelton case. What dad were you talking about? The one just arrested who took the two boys and ran with them?

The Skelton boys and Dylans case stand apart because in most other familial abduction cases, the fathers/mothers go missing WITH the kids. { or kill themselves with the kids.:cry: ]

But in a few of the cases, the kids are reported lost or stolen or given away or runaways instead.

*****************ATTENTION FRUIT TINGLES****************

You are hereby requested to stay onboard until your mini-Tingle is successfully evacuated and in your loving arms.

:baby::baby::baby::great::great::great:

I know this case is completely different from the Cleary boys' case in GA (and I hadn't been following that one too closely) but it's jarring to see how quickly things got done in that case. Granted in their situation, things were known, there were sightings, an AA issued, apparently their father may have let them call mom at home, so forth and so on.
But I guess the tipping point, if you will, was after the 5pm hour on CNN, when the boys' mom got to speak out to the boys and within an hour or so they saw her on TV, called and were soon found and are safe. Again, I understand the circumstances are very different and we're six weeks out now, vs their one week so that time may never be recovered... but LE really took control in that case, they were firm and straight-forward. Such a stark contrast to Dylan's.
Unless they're building a case or have no use for or reason to get Dylan's face and story out, I think it's only doing Dylan a huge disservice. IMO.

Cause Nancy Grace twice 5 weeks ago didn't help.

eta: just checked and the boys' mom was on CNN around 5:40pm and by the 7pm newshour they had already called her and were located, apparently. WOW!

Hi, you brought up several good points I wanted to address, so the above is snipped, bolded and numbered by me to make it easier to answer. :)

1. They said "we are not calling him a suspect at this time." They also said they are not ruling anyone out. I assume that includes that last person seen with him.

2. I've always been told and lived by "the best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour" Some people do change, (but most do not) and it's quite obvious when they have. I think if he had changed, we would have seen a different side to this man. (imo)

3. There really is a way that the innocent act and react. I don't have to lose a child to know when something is wrong with someone's reaction.

4. I saw him once at the vigil (that he showed up late for) and once on the uncut video. Are there others I'm missing?

All of the above is just my own ramblings and opinions.

1. I have seen them say he is not a suspect and they always make sure they add he continues to be fully cooperative. I did not see the 'at this time' part. In fact they arent even ruling Elaine out. So I dont think they even have a suspect (anyone) in mind. In many jurisdictions that is SOP in any unsolved case to not rule anyone out. Most LE does not come out and specifically rule anyone out by name. It has happened occasionally over the years but its still few and far between. So that doesnt tell me Mark Redwine is a suspect. LE says he is not one.

2. I would never judge someone by past behavior that happened many years ago. Now if he had a present wife or girlfriend and they were saying the same thing then I may consider it. However it still does not show that he harmed his son. And what side have you seen because I sure havent seen it. So all that means imo is individuals have different preceptions of the same person.

3 There is?:waitasec: Well the majority thought Mark Lunsford, Archie Lunsford, Steve Greone, Jessica Ridgeway's mom, Marlene Lamar, Ed Smart and others were involved in their children's disappearance because of the way they thought they 'acted or looked." Of course they were completely wrong so I really think that shows a proof positive message that there isnt a handbook on how the innocent should or does act. Although I thought all of the people that I have listed above did act like they were innocent because they were even though most disagreed strongly with me at the time.

4. From what he said he showed up late ( I guess you are stressing the late part to make a point) because he did not know about it until the last minute. He came though and he was right there with LE searching for his son too just like the rest of Dylan's family. I meant I have watched the interviews of him several times.

Thanks for answering though.

I know this case is completely different from the Cleary boys' case in GA (and I hadn't been following that one too closely) but it's jarring to see how quickly things got done in that case. Granted in their situation, things were known, there were sightings, an AA issued, apparently their father may have let them call mom at home, so forth and so on.
But I guess the tipping point, if you will, was after the 5pm hour on CNN, when the boys' mom got to speak out to the boys and within an hour or so they saw her on TV, called and were soon found and are safe. Again, I understand the circumstances are very different and we're six weeks out now, vs their one week so that time may never be recovered... but LE really took control in that case, they were firm and straight-forward. Such a stark contrast to Dylan's.
Unless they're building a case or have no use for or reason to get Dylan's face and story out, I think it's only doing Dylan a huge disservice. IMO.

Cause Nancy Grace twice 5 weeks ago didn't help.

I just don't think LE have a scoobie on this case IMO

I look at the Facebook page once a day and I honestly believe that if anything was known then they would alter the timeline as its posted every so often by the admin.

And it's always stated " the facts as we know them " and it's the same time line as at the beginning . So if LE had any clues I am sure they would fill in Elaine every so often and keep her updated . So the fact the time Line has still never changed tells me that LE still know pretty much nothing IMO

Help? Why do you think the Skelton case and Dylan's stand apart? Dad in Skelton case is now in prison for misleading and taking the boys in the Skelton case. What dad were you talking about? The one just arrested who took the two boys and ran with them?

No, because the children vanished on his (Skelton) custodial,visit but he did not, which is often true, as with the Cleary case. Most times, the parent is gone as well.

1. I have seen them say he is not a suspect and they always make sure they add..snipped for space....

3 There is?:waitasec: Well the majority thought Mark Lunsford, Archie Lunsford, Steve Greone, Jessica Ridgeway's mom, Marlene Lamar, Ed Smart and others were involved in their children's disappearance because of the way they thought they 'acted or looked." Of course they were completely wrong so I really think that shows a proof positive message that there isnt a handbook on how the innocent should or does act. Although I thought all of the people that I have listed above did act like they were innocent because they were even though most disagreed strongly with me at the time.

..snippee...

BBM

Do you really think that the MAJORITY of people believed Jessica Ridgeway and Marlene Lamar and Ed Smart were involved in their kids's disappearance? I don't believe that.

Maybe in the Lunsford case, because the grandparents failed a bunch of poly's and because it seemed impossible that no one would hear an intruder when there was a dog inside the home. And in the Groene case it was because of the drug connection, the party in the home that night, and the pitbulls that made people think it had to be someone the family knew.

But I don't think it was because of how they 'looked' that some were suspicious. JMO

ETA: I think the majority of the people in the Smart case thought that the handyman he had hired was the guilty party---the one that had stolen something in the past...

I just don't think LE have a scoobie on this case IMO

I look at the Facebook page once again and I honestly believe that if anything was known then they would alter the timeline as its posted every so often by the admin.

And it's always stated " the facts as we know them " and it's the same time line as at the beginning . So if LE had any clues I am sure they would fill in Elain every so often and keep her updated . So the fact the time has still never changed tells me that LE still know pretty much nothing IMO

You're right. I was about to edit or add to my post, as I'm reading through the Cleary boys' FB page to see how they were running theirs while they were missing. It's quite similar. The page admin for Dylan is doing amazing, IMO... she and so many others are working their hearts out and the immediate community and a whole bunch of strangers are so dedicated. The Clearly boys have a couple thousand more "likes" than Dylan's page, so there's that. Obviously there was much more information to work with and I see many similiarities in their mom and ER, both make direct, empassioned pleas to their boys, if given the "stage" people will listen and want to help.

Again I think you're right, there's just not much known. Which is baffling and frustrating to everyone.

So the question is, what next? Are they going to keep on down the same road? They already have the CBI, FBI, likely the best resources our country's LE has to offer. They turned down bringing in Texas EquuSearch before the 12/8 search. I'm sure that the family is keeping TES in mind and probably considers all other options. There's private investigators. Media, public, of course. But LE would have to loosen the reigns a bit, and almost be willing to ask for help, if they're as stumped as some of us think they are.

It seems they can either continue to follow up on old, cold, dead end leads that aren't going anywhere in which case this case is going to wind up colder than the CO winter FAST ... or there needs to be a new strategy employed somehow, something needs to be altered to try and generate tips.

:waitasec: ...sigh...

4. From what he said he showed up late ( I guess you are stressing the late part to make a point) because he did not know about it until the last minute. He came though and he was right there with LE searching for his son too just like the rest of Dylan's family. I meant I have watched the interviews of him several times.

How could he not have known about it until the last minute? It was stressed for days and days over and over ad nauseum on the Find Missing Dylan Redwine page that the vigil was to take place, where it was and what time. It was a bit over-stressed if anything, (imo). Surely someone that knows him and cares about him would have seen it and let him know, even if he chose not to monitor that site even once per day.

I honestly do not know what they can do . I think they may of lost any chnce of proving Dylan spent the night at MR's due to taking a week for a full our search. At least if they could of proven one way of the other that would of given more scope .

IMHO!

You're right. I was about to edit or add to my post, as I'm reading through the Cleary boys' FB page to see how they were running theirs while they were missing. It's quite similar. The page admin for Dylan is doing amazing, IMO... she and so many others are working their hearts out and the immediate community and a whole bunch of strangers are so dedicated. The Clearly boys have a couple thousand more "likes" than Dylan's page, so there's that. Obviously there was much more information to work with and I see many similiarities in their mom and ER, both make direct, empassioned pleas to their boys, if given the "stage" people will listen and want to help.

Again I think you're right, there's just not much known. Which is baffling and frustrating to everyone.

So the question is, what next? Are they going to keep on down the same road? They already have the CBI, FBI, likely the best resources our country's LE has to offer. They turned down bringing in Texas EquuSearch before the 12/8 search. I'm sure that the family is keeping TES in mind and probably considers all other options. There's private investigators. Media, public, of course. But LE would have to loosen the reigns a bit, and almost be willing to ask for help, if they're as stumped as some of us think they are.

It seems they can either continue to follow up on old, cold, dead end leads that aren't going anywhere in which case this case is going to wind up colder than the CO winter FAST ... or there needs to be a new strategy employed somehow, something needs to be altered to try and generate tips.

:waitasec: ...sigh...

I honestly do not know what they can do . I think they may of lost any chnce of proving Dylan spent the night at MR's due to taking a week for a full our search. At least if they could of proven one way of the other that would of given more scope .

IMHO!

That's what I keep thinking also.

How could he not have known about it until the last minute? It was stressed for days and days over and over ad nauseum on the Find Missing Dylan Redwine page that the vigil was to take place, where it was and what time. It was a bit over-stressed if anything, (imo). Surely someone that knows him and cares about him would have seen it and let him know, even if he chose not to monitor that site even once per day.

MR does not have facebook

http://www.durangoherald.com/articl...6/0/rss/150-people-turn-out-for-Redwine-vigil
November 28, 2012

Mark Redwine, who said he arrived late because he didn’t know about the vigil

IMHO!

Yeah, as has been discussed it seems like either a confession or some evidence needs to magically arise because at this point I'm not sure what investigative tools haven't been used in the last 6 weeks. I'm not saying that to be a debby downer, and actually I'd love to know what else could be used with the info that's available to LE. If they needed something they would have it by now.

So I'm still left with the question, what's next? I know they have the 2" binder of tips they're supposedly sorting through and one of posters shared that a member of LE checked in with her the other day. Seems like that's it for now. I really don't want to wake up one day and read an article saying that the task force is down to 2 part-time detectives, I hope it never comes to that. Until the case is solved.

Yeah, as has been discussed it seems like either a confession or some evidence needs to magically arise because at this point I'm not sure what investigative tools haven't been used in the last 6 weeks. I'm not saying that to be a debby downer, and actually I'd love to know what else could be used with the info that's available to LE. If they needed something they would have it by now.

So I'm still left with the question, what's next? I know they have the 2" binder of tips they're supposedly sorting through and one of posters shared that a member of LE checked in with her the other day. Seems like that's it for now. I really don't want to wake up one day and read an article saying that the task force is down to 2 part-time detectives, I hope it never comes to that. Until the case is solved.

I can almost guarantee you'll never read an article saying that. They don't tell us anything. They appear to be letting it quietly fade away...

I can almost guarantee you'll never read an article saying that. They don't tell us anything. They appear to be letting it quietly fade away...

This is true. There would probably be a vague, evasive answer if asked directly about the state of the investigation anyway... "still ongoing".

REALLY?!

:banghead:

I didn't say he has facebook. I said even if he doesn't check the find dylan redwine facebook once per day, someone who knows him and cares about him would be sure to tell him. I bet Cory texted him about it.

MR said he didn't know. I believe him. You don't. So be it.

I am hoping they are either gearing up for a big press release or something to drum up interest again or they are quietly preparing a case. I am choosing to be optimistic right now because I cannot face them letting the case die away and Dylan never getting justice. So, if I think positively maybe I can will it into being.

Tonight, I am wishing we knew firm, final results for all last pings and all cell activity of any type for everyone that is of interest from the time the plane landed for the next 24 hours.

o/t at the bottom of the hour CNN will run a new updated piece on the Cleary story including a conversation with the mom since she spoke to her *safe & sound* boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbod153