CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True ... he also could have been angry enough to think he'd get up once MR had gone, grab his backpack, walk/hitchhike to the nearest place to use a phone, and call his mum (or his friend) to get him out of there right away.

Possibly...it is just so unlikely to me that the only person he ran into, apparently, if he left the house, was a child abductor and/or murderer.

True ... he also could have been angry enough to think he'd get up once MR had gone, grab his backpack, walk/hitchhike to the nearest place to use a phone, and call his mum (or his friend) to get him out of there right away.

But since he was watching TV it doesn't seem like he was in a hurry and according to the FMDR FB group there was a land-land and a computer.

I had previously searched 411.com for MR just to see what was there and that's where I found his previous Durango address and then looked up that property on the La Plata county website.

http://www.apal.co/RV/6893/4097

However, I took another look at 411.com last night and clicked on his name at the old Durango address and had not noticed before, but it shows a woman's name that he is "associated with"....don't know if this lady is a relative or what. Found her name along with a man's name as being owners of Rocky Mtn Pawn & Gun in Durango and they have a residence in Bayfield on CR 503. Strange...

http://www.411.com/name/Mark-A-Redwine/Durango-CO/4vp98qg

BBM

Possible renter?

But since he watching TV it doesn't seem like he was in a hurry and according to the FMDR FB group there was a land-land and a computer.

We only know that MR said the TV was tuned to the Nick channel, which in itself proves nothing and waste ably never checked. For all we knew, which is next to nothing, this is something Elaine recognized at once as being something Dylan would not do.

We only know that MR said the TV was tuned to the Nick channel, which in itself proves nothing and waste ably never checked. For all we knew, which is next to nothing, this is something Elaine recognized at once as being something Dylan would not do.

Absolutely, most everything we have been told about Sunday & Monday came from Dad. If he was there he may have turned the TV on for background noise, but if he was in a hurry I doubt he would bother.

Maybe he wasn't hitch hiking at all. Maybe he walked outside that morning to try to get a signal on the phone, or just because he was bored. He might have been right in his yard, and some predator was driving down the road, stopped and approached him with the ruse of asking directions. When the perp saw that no one else was home, he snatched him up and threw him in the vehicle and sped off.
This is what predators do, they drive around looking for victims, and they like remote areas. But kids have been snatched right out of their yards, and with other kids nearby, so it's not an impossibility.

It's not impossible at all. Sometimes everything just aligns just right. (or wrong, I guess)

I just hope *whoever it is* who is responsible comes forward and gets it off their conscience. (whatever "it" is)

Absolutely, most everything we have been told about Sunday & Monday came from Dad. If he was there he may have turned the TV on for background noise, but if he was in a hurry I doubt he would bother.

Who else would it come from? Dad was the only one there besides Dylan. I can totally see a 13 year old boy turn on Nick while eating cereal. Especially if he's not familiar with all the channels. Perhaps Nickelodeon was the only one he remembered.

Am I allowed to post his name? He's 18, and the information is out there on various missing people websites. Just not familiar enough with the rules since I'm pulling it from another website that I'm not familiar with whether or not we're allowed to link to. Let me ask a mod once I post this.

Yes you can post it as long as he is a missing person and you can link to The Charley Project or any of the missing sites.

Ima

From the other missing Colorado people website:

There were 4 Endangered Missing males:
#1 (Name: IAR)
Age 16
Place: Denver
A RSO admitted to a relationship with boy. Never charged in that case.
Unresolved.

#2 (Name: RTPR)
Place: Colorado Springs
Staying at Cheyenne Mesa (Psych/Behavioral residential facility). Called his mom - said something was wrong but phones being monitored. Never seen again.
Unresolved

#3 (Name: AJL)
Place: Crow Junction, CO
Was at work at Texaco Station; ? place robbed & boy abducted? Never seen again. Foul play suspected. Unresolved

#4 (Name: JTH)
Place: Boulder
JTH had picked up a hitchhiker enroute from CA to CO. Hitchhiker told boy's dad boy discussed buying drugs in CO. Boy had called dad for money. Never seen again. ? Bad drug deal? Unresolved

I'm sorry to bother you, but do you happen to know when these things took place? (it's ok if you don't, it's just hard to keep track of everything here.)

Good point. I don't know. Maybe he was intending to start walking to meet his dad, to save some time?

But if he never made it to his dad's that night, why was some of his clothes taken from the backpack and left on the couch?

One thing for sure, none of us have all the answers.

I don't think it's ever been verified that the clothes on the couch were:

a. Dylan's
b. From that visit.

I believe it's just what MR led the interviewer to believe.

And that could very well be true, but we don't know that at this time. (that I'm aware of)

I don't think it's ever been verified that the clothes on the couch were:

a. Dylan's
b. From that visit.

I believe it's just what MR led the interviewer to believe.

And that could very well be true, but we don't know that at this time. (that I'm aware of)

it was reported that there were no clothes of Dylan's at MR's to use for the scent dogs. ER had to send articles for the K-9's.

Who else would it come from? Dad was the only one there besides Dylan. I can totally see a 13 year old boy turn on Nick while eating cereal. Especially if he's not familiar with all the channels. Perhaps Nickelodeon was the only one he remembered.

Some people are not sure Dylan was there and are not willing to take MR's word as the gospel truth without some evidence that Dylan was in fact there, myself included.

I'm sorry to bother you, but do you happen to know when these things took place? (it's ok if you don't, it's just hard to keep track of everything here.)

yes... let me see if I can still edit

From the other missing Colorado people website:

There was 1 Missing male:
Age 18
Date: 6-1976
Stated he was going to hitchike to CA - never made it. Never seen again.

Updated to include Date

LE said there were no scent items?? Well, guess that means Dylan didn't make it to dads house then...

I'm not sure that's what that means. If he slept on the couch, where other people had been, used covers others had used, and pillows others had used, kept the same clothes on, and disappeared, there would be no reliable scent items for the dogs to use.

I just wanted to say a huge thanks to azgrandma. This has to be difficult for her and I really appreciate the insight.
I also wanted to say thanks to those of you who looked into other avenues of abductions. I have my belief what happened, but it sure is nice to look at other options. I do not want to be so one sided and not look into alternative possibilities! So thanks!!! :)

wouldn't the nearest place to use a phone have been either his cell or his dads landline?

Good point. I don't know. Maybe he was intending to start walking to meet his dad, to save some time?

But if he never made it to his dad's that night, why was some of his clothes taken from the backpack and left on the couch?

One thing for sure, none of us have all the answers.

Dad could have easily taken things from the backpack to place in his home, to make it appear that D had been there.

OR those things were left from an earlier visit. IDK.

Why would he start walking to meet his dad, without calling him to see if he was on his way yet? I don't get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay