Status
Not open for further replies.
From the other missing Colorado people website:

There were 4 Endangered Missing males:
#1 (Name: IAR)
Age 16
DATE: 4-30-92
Place: Denver
A RSO admitted to a relationship with boy. Never charged in that case.
Unresolved.

#2 (Name: RTPR)
Date: 7-6-90
Place: Colorado Springs
Staying at Cheyenne Mesa (Psych/Behavioral residential facility). Called his mom - said something was wrong but phones being monitored. Never seen again.
Unresolved

#3 (Name: AJL)
Date: 5-30-76
Place: Crow Junction, CO
Was at work at Texaco Station; ? place robbed & boy abducted? Never seen again. Foul play suspected. Unresolved

#4 (Name: JTH)
Date: 7-24-81
Place: Boulder
JTH had picked up a hitchhiker enroute from CA to CO. Hitchhiker told boy's dad boy discussed buying drugs in CO. Boy had called dad for money. Never seen again. ? Bad drug deal? Unresolved

Updated with dates.

it was reported that there were no clothes of Dylan's at MR's to use for the scent dogs. ER had to send articles for the K-9's.

Correct. But the clothes that were there could have been unusable for many reasons. They may have been clean clothes from his backpack. They may have been wrapped in MR's covers, and thus unusable, or...Idk...I'm not a SAR person, but I do know they are particular about what they use.

IMO, no one is ever going to confess. Well, perhaps if faced with tons of DNA, but if that were the case, a confession would barely be needed. But the idea of someone just coming forward out of the blue to admit to killing a child is beyond belief to me. Now for those who still believe he was taken for his own good...well, I guess a confession is possible. But to me, that is not a realistic option anyway.

In rural areas people tend to take note of people they don't know. There were no confirmed sitings of Dylan walking or otherwise that I am aware of.

I so agree ..... :)

And if MR was angry enough with Dylan’s complete attention towards texting, and temporarily took/disabled Dylan’s phone/charger and refused permission for Dylan to use his own phone or computer, then I’d think that Dylan would certainly have been angry enough to fall asleep on the couch watching TV rather than interact with his father, and refuse to stir when MR tried to get him up to go to bed at night or get him up in the morning.

But I don't see why he would refuse to stir, because that was his ride to get AWAY from Dad's house. He told his friend he wanted to make sure someone would let him in at 6:30, and he would call him all day if need be. So he wanted to go to his friends very badly. So imo, even if he was mad at his father, he would still have wanted to take the ride that morning. JMO

I just wanted to say a huge thanks to azgrandma. This has to be difficult for her and I really appreciate the insight.
I also wanted to say thanks to those of you who looked into other avenues of abductions. I have my belief what happened, but it sure is nice to look at other options. I do not want to be so one sided and not look into alternative possibilities! So thanks!!! :)

Me too Paint. I bark up one tree for a day or two and then another. I hope LE is doing the same. I'd hate for them to be stuck on one theory and ignore other ideas and let the guilty party get away .

Correct. But the clothes that were there could have been unusable for many reasons. They may have been clean clothes from his backpack. They may have been wrapped in MR's covers, and thus unusable, or...Idk...I'm not a SAR person, but I do know they are particular about what they use.

The whole issue of scent was either muddled in reporting, or just muddled, IMO. Didn't we read at one time that a scent was detected at an intersection, but could not be confirmed it was Dylan's? If they took the time to get a proper scent item, I do not understand how this could be true. Why would an item specific to Dylan provide a scent that might not be his?

IMO, no one is ever going to confess. Well, perhaps if faced with tons of DNA, but if that were the case, a confession would barely be needed. But the idea of someone just coming forward out of the blue to admit to killing a child is beyond belief to me. Now for those who still believe he was taken for his own good...well, I guess a confession is possible. But to me, that is not a realistic option anyway.

I sometimes have hope. Susan Smith confessed...someone with a bit of compassion might...idk...

wouldn't the nearest place to use a phone have been either his cell or his dads landline?

The theory/wild guess/possibility I mentioned in my post (#528) was

And if MR was angry enough with Dylan’s complete attention towards texting, and temporarily took/disabled Dylan’s phone/charger and refused permission for Dylan to use his own phone or computer, then I’d think that Dylan would certainly have been angry enough to fall asleep on the couch watching TV rather than interact with his father, and refuse to stir when MR tried to get him up to go to bed at night or get him up in the morning.

And by 'refusing permission' I meant temporarily disabling the landline phone and computer.

...... just another idea to throw into the mix.

:)

The whole issue of scent was either muddled in reporting, or just muddled, IMO. Didn't we read at one time that a scent was detected at an intersection, but could not be confirmed it was Dylan's? If they took the time to get a proper scent item, I do not understand how this could be true. Why would an item specific to Dylan provide a scent that might not be his?

Clue, your little baby Himalayan is distracting me... (I have one, and I used to raise them) *g*

As far as what you said...I am totally lost and confused. I guess the dogs were too.

No need to apologize at all. I am just frustrated with the lack of information. :seeya:

I knew the minute i read your post it was directed at the lack of info and not the poster :seeya:

You rock. And I'm so sorry for making you do that. I just had to know. :seeya::blushing:

Thanks! I actually have it on a chart/table. I think as soon as I compile it all - I'll put all the information into one table and ask VASportsMom to upload it to her site where folks can view it in total. (as soon as I combine everything)

I currently have:

All the missing kids from NCMEC website (missing kids)
I have all the males (0-20 AND all older) males missing on the Charley Project Website.
I'm also going to add the NAMPN website info. because sometimes names don't get on ALL of the missing folks websites.
Then I'm going to even search NAMUS for missing kids from Colorado to make sure we have one list where everyone should be listed.

This way we will have a master list of all MALES missing from Colorado broken down by age and by category/status/date missing, etc.

It's a start and would be handy for reference only.

It's a work in progress.

I sometimes have hope. Susan Smith confessed...someone with a bit of compassion might...idk...

She was being pretty much badgered, as her story was not believable. I don't think LE really gets a chance to do that very often, with an unsophisticated person. They either get lawyers, and/or stop talking to LE. According to Lisa Irwin's parents, they claim to have been treated in a similar manner and have barely uttered a peep since, at least not to LE.

His mom said all of his belongings were missing with him. LE said there were no scent items. Only MR, at a later date, said there were clothes left on the couch.

Don't forget about the Nerf football!

Not a scent item, but it was still at the house and according to MR, investigators took it along with "a pair of Dylan's sweatpants, his iPod and a nerf football the two tossed around on Sunday night."

And really, what makes more sense than those three items being left behind by Dylan??
When I imagine a 13-year old boy heading out on a chilly morning with their backpack all packed up with their cell phone, charger, maybe a fishing pole, and who knows what else -- I think to myself ... why would a kid bring a warm pair of pants, an iPod, and a light, squishy, easy-to-toss-around-with-your-buddies nerf football? I mean, how absurd! *cough*sarcasm*cough

I did go back and read about the possible scent at the intersection in the past day or so, but am not sure where it was originally mentioned now. I wonder if all the comings and goings of vehicles, foot traffic and even the dogs themselves when LE did their first cursory search could have degraded what little scent was there originally?
I know several helpful posters here have explained or linked to info about the very specific/strict requirements of most trained dogs who work with LE. Items that have been contaminated by contact with the scents of others are not suitable, which makes sense to me - I imagine that would confuse the dogs as they would be searching for a mingled scent?

Thanks! I actually have it on a chart/table. I think as soon as I compile it all - I'll put all the information into one table and ask VASportsMom to upload it to her site where folks can view it in total. (as soon as I combine everything)

I currently have:

All the missing kids from NCMEC website (missing kids)
I have all the males (0-20 AND all older) males missing on the Charley Project Website.
I'm also going to add the NAMPN website info. because sometimes names don't get on ALL of the missing folks websites.
Then I'm going to even search NAMUS for missing kids from Colorado to make sure we have one list where everyone should be listed.

This way we will have a master list of all MALES missing from Colorado broken down by age and by category/status/date missing, etc.

It's a start and would be handy for reference only.

It's a work in progress.

Just give me a yell. I can unlock your kick your timeline too as soon as you're ready. Glad to see you posting. I've missed you!

ETA: I have no idea what I typed that your autocorrected to butt.

I did go back and read about the possible scent at the intersection in the past day or so, but am not sure where it was originally mentioned now. I wonder if all the comings and goings of vehicles, foot traffic and even the dogs themselves when LE did their first cursory search could have degraded what little scent was there originally?
I know several helpful posters here have explained or linked to info about the very specific/strict requirements of most trained dogs who work with LE. Items that have been contaminated by contact with the scents of others are not suitable, which makes sense to me - I imagine that would confuse the dogs as they would be searching for a mingled scent?

cat,

thought the scent at the intersection was previously mentioned on the FB page; I don't remember seeing it in print or video.....jmo

I could be wrong though....:blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member