CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a Nerf ball... one you can toss around in the house.

I've had a thought recently that keeps niggling at me. If this was planned, and something happened to Dylan on the way home from Walmart, then wouldn't MR have the foresight to do some texting on Dylan's phone later on, to make it look like he was alive? If he threw the phone out the window or smashed it or something, then he would have to think up something else to explain it. I've never seen any statements from him to explain why Dylan's phone had no more activity on it after a certain time. If he has explained this to LE, they aren't making that public, for some reason.

This suggests to me that whatever happened to Dylan was not planned. If he had planned it, then he would have thought about the phone not being used at all and took care of that detail ahead of time.

My guess is the phone was destroyed or went in water. JUST A GUESS. I would think IF MR did something to Dylan he may or may not think to send texts to cover his tracks. If he were in a panic trying to dispose of a body the thought may not have crossed his mind.

BBM
What the hay Paul! Where does that statement come from?
she wasnt born in prehistoric ages!.
Kids are AVID texters!
So are most of the parents!

and many grandparents!

LOL! I have to say that I am probably older than Elaine. I am very attached to my cell phone and I am an avid texter. We prehistoric age folks tend to evolve with the times :)

I thought he did.

He was probably paraphrased by the media - but I recall something about a nerf football they had tossed around that evening.... being collected in the search.
When I read it I just imagined that being a nerf ball it could have just been tossed from one to the other across the living room or something similar. I thought it was good news as it could have helped show Dylan did make it to dad's house.
:moo:

MR told KOAT news that investigators took a pair of Dylan's sweatpants, his Ipod and a Nerf football the two tossed around Sunday night

Are we allowed to include YouTube Links?

There you are. I knew you would have a link! You have got to start texting or get a Facebook so I can poke you when we need a link. Or send me an updated timeline, which I know darn well you must have, so I can pretend to be useful, lol.

Are you off for your visit soon? How will I survive 2 days without you feeding me all the stuff I miss?

Just a thought and IMO

If that was Dylan's iPod then it strikes me as something that would of been at the top of the rucksack, so something happens and you grab a couple of items from the bag and it would be the stuff at the top of the bag as you wouldn't want to waste time looking for items .

Did Dylan vanish in the same clothes he arrived in ?

I do think Dylan was an avid texter, but I don't think that necessarily means he would be texting while walking through a busy airport or a busy Walmart. Heck I'm attached to my phone and an avid texter but I don't do it while I'm walking.
To me Dylan seemed irritated while he was texting Ryan and I think that's why the conversation and answers were short. I think he was mad at his Father for not taking him to the friends that night. And this is where I believe the issues started. I have never felt it was premeditated. I think Dylan probably got a little mouthy with his Dad and that set him off and an argument ensued. And God only knows what happened after that. ALL JUST MY OPINION.

I'm thinking along the same lines as you, that there may have been a fairly typical teen-parent argument of "you never let me do what I want to do" versus "I never get to see you, and you can't even spend the first night with me." That could have led to a physical confrontation or to Dylan taking off on his own the next morning. What makes me somewhat suspicious of MR are his few statements to the press. It's possible that MR may have felt he was unjustly under suspicion and had every right to be defensive, but there is an awful lot of "don't look at me" and very little of the personal and emotional recollections of Dylan that parents in such circumstances usually share. All MOO.

MR told KOAT news that investigators took a pair of Dylan's sweatpants, his Ipod and a Nerf football the two tossed around Sunday night

But he didn't say where those two tossed around that football Sunday night.

LOL! I have to say that I am probably older than Elaine. I am very attached to my cell phone and I am an avid texter. We prehistoric age folks tend to evolve with the times :)

Me and my kids never call each other we text! Same with hubby!
My cell phone is my life line to my family!

I'm 36 (ouch!) and an avid texter too. I'm addicted to my phone and freely admit that. To address a point someone made above though, I text a lot and consider myself pretty knowledgable with "text speak" but I would not feel comfortable taking my son's phone and pretending to be him, even to cover my behind. I think I would fail miserably even though I text with my son often and know his "style". I really doubt that MR could pull off posing as Dylan.

I'm thinking along the same lines as you, that there may have been a fairly typical teen-parent argument of "you never let me do what I want to do" versus "I never get to see you, and you can't even spend the first night with me." That could have led to a physical confrontation or to Dylan taking off on his own the next morning. What makes me somewhat suspicious of MR are his few statements to the press. It's possible that MR may have felt he was unjustly under suspicion and had every right to be defensive, but there is an awful lot of "don't look at me" and very little of the personal and emotional recollections of Dylan that parents in such circumstances usually share. All MOO.

what if it was an I hate you Dad kind of fight and he wanted to go back home to his mom and brother?

There you are. I knew you would have a link! You have got to start texting or get a Facebook so I can poke you when we need a link. Or send me an updated timeline, which I know darn well you must have, so I can pretend to be useful, lol.

Are you off for your visit soon? How will I survive 2 days without you feeding me all the stuff I miss?

I'm trying to edit the timeline to make it more user friendly to quickly search just a "term". I just need to check/cross-check everything now to make sure all MSM articles are included, etc.

I'll have it to you soon -

Same goes for the new "DIRECT QUOTES" document. The timeline above is just more for what was "reported" (i.e. more specifically just what a reporter may have stated) vs. the Direct Quotes document will be just that - ONLY direct quotes broken down into specific pages of LE, MR, ER/Family, Nancy Grace quotes as well as one for MSM articles containing no direct quotes!

I'm leaving in about 10 minutes and will only be on around midnight for the next two days.

Find Dylan while I'm gone...

It was a Nerf ball... one you can toss around in the house.

I've had a thought recently that keeps niggling at me. If this was planned, and something happened to Dylan on the way home from Walmart, then wouldn't MR have the foresight to do some texting on Dylan's phone later on, to make it look like he was alive? If he threw the phone out the window or smashed it or something, then he would have to think up something else to explain it. I've never seen any statements from him to explain why Dylan's phone had no more activity on it after a certain time. If he has explained this to LE, they aren't making that public, for some reason.

This suggests to me that whatever happened to Dylan was not planned. If he had planned it, then he would have thought about the phone not being used at all and took care of that detail ahead of time.

BBM

I don't think he really has to explain it. He can say something like, he was texting his mom and friend and then after we got home he was tired. He never said anything to me about his phone not working, etc....

one of my friends used to have her entire mobile bill itemised, calls and texts, she would get a huge envelope from her provider with up to 5 pages for calls and 30 pages for texts for one month. That was 10 years ago when she was 40.

another now ex friend went through a stage for about two years where she was constantly texting, she couldn't tear herself away from her phone even for a real conversation.

From what I've gathered from statements made; MR might have a drinking problem and/or a temper problem. I know some want to argue that this info is coming from ex wives...but I feel that this information is probably correct. Also taking into consideration some previous arrest records. I also don't think he would be up for any 'Father of the year awards'. Does these mean he's capable of murder? Not necessarily. But I would say it means that he is capable of angry outbursts that might sometimes get out of control. You put a possible angry mouthy teenager near someone like this and things can happen. I'm just saying...things can happen.

I'm trying to edit the timeline to make it more user friendly to quickly search just a "term". I just need to check/cross-check everything now to make sure all MSM articles are included, etc.

I'll have it to you soon -

Same goes for the new "DIRECT QUOTES" document. The timeline above is just more for what was "reported" (i.e. more specifically just what a reporter may have stated vs. the Direct Quotes document will be just that - ONLY direct quotes broken down into specific pages of LE, MR, ER/Family, Nancy Grace quotes as well as one for MSM articles containing no direct quotes!

I'm leaving in about 10 minutes and will only be on around midnight for the next two days.

Find Dylan while I'm gone...

Be careful, stay safe & enjoy your time with your dad (but hurry back)! Thanks for all your work on this case. You rock!

But he didn't say where those two tossed around that football Sunday night.

Well "he" didn't say anything about it on camera - the studio reporter kind of tacked a brief mention of the items on the end. Sorry to repeat myself but to me nerf implies small and squishy for indoor use. Mind you I have had a quick search and they do have new light up version out too.

Just an observation but if MR is capable of carrying out all the theories that have been posted here, in my opinion would make him a clinically crazy man. a schizo, psychopath, mentally disturbed person who would kill his son in a rage or in premeditation. Not a person who happens to be a father that had his son visit him just 2 months before, fought for a Thanksgiving visit, and was reportedly upset because he lost shared custody when ER moved away. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman