CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this idea...........throwing out MR and looking at facts....the facts to me show something happened to this boy that he could not communicate with his friends, etc. Even if you throw out that maybe he fell asleep early that night, I just don't believe he would not communicate with his friend when he texted him early that morning wondering where he was at. Just too much does not add up. What happened to his phone? Why didn't he communicate with anyone? If you tell me no internet or home phone was available, I might have a small tiny piece of me that would support the next day disappearance theory. If this is the case, please tell me so.
Our friends travel a good deal. When they plan to be away for more than a week or two they have some arrangement with the phone company whereby the phone and internet service to their home is shut off while they've gone. They reactivate it when they return. There is a nominal fee for keeping their phone number while it's inactive: it was $8 per month when we last discussed it. That's significantly less expensive than keeping the service active while no one is home to use it. I'm thinking maybe Dylan's dad does that while he's on the road. It's possible he had just returned from somewhere on Saturday and that going to get his phone turned on was one of his errands on Monday morning. That would explain no internet nor landline activity (if that's even the case) from the home on Monday morning.

We don't know.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. I'm still not seeing sinister at every turn here.

Well I guess we can assume that LE is still processing evidence (or possible evidence).

Her post clearly says she lives in ABQ which I'm sure you realize is where that article is also from.

No I didnt know. I missed the part where she states she is from ABQ because I read it too quickly evidently. Sorry. It has been some time since I read that article and didnt remember the news outlet's name or town location.

Thank you for the correction.

IMO

Well I guess we can assume that LE is still processing evidence (or possible evidence).

They did say they would be processing some of the things found during the search. I cant remember if they said it would be 10 or 20 items to be tested.

IMO

IIRC they collected a sock during the search of the wooded area that could possibly belong to Dylan and other stuff ...like cups etc. Those things would still be in the process of being tested I would think.

I wonder why they would even mention this unless it means something. Or they want someone to think it means something.

I have seen other LE speakout that they have received some of the items back that were sent in for testing. I just think they want to keep the community abreast of some of the things that are happening to let them know they are still on the case.

JMO

I'm about as far from a local as you could get, but I meant to put in my two cents worth about this pic pages back.
It looks like an area used by people with 4WDs/all terrain vehicles/quad bikes might tear around to let off a bit of steam. There seem to be some eroded/worn down jumps off centre. At first I though of trail bikes, but then noticed the tracks all seem to be worn down in a 4 wheel pattern.
Not that I think it's related, but I have some vague recollection of someone quoted as being critical of MR for allowing Dylan to ride on some recreational vehicle unsupervised. Does anyone else remember that?
:moo:
That was one of the accusations in those court papers.

I wonder why they would even mention this unless it means something. Or they want someone to think it means something.
Since nothing was said about what evidence or whether or not it was useful, I'd guess they're just looking for something - anything - that's news in this case. MOO

They did say they would be processing some of the things found during the search. I cant remember if they said it would be 10 or 20 items to be tested.

IMO
They said they flagged 30 items and collected 10, I believe.

Yes, and the police believe him. See Dylan's NAMUS entry.

I do too. The reason I do is because the entire purpose of NAMus IMO is hoping it will jog someone's memory who may have seen the missing child at a certain time after the time they are listed on NAMus as last seen.

And it is my understanding that NAMus gets their information from law enforcement officials only and not from family members.

For those very familiar with Namus, do they sometimes have two different last seen times if LE doubts the reported time? Like, let's say they really doubt someone's story would they ever say "Reported last seen at 8 on this date, but last independent sighting was 10 on this earlier date" or something?
I am just trying to gauge if they truly believed that MR was guilty and the 730 time is BS would they still put it up on Namus as the last time Dylan was seen or would there be some hedging or explanation of some sort. I feel like this isn't making sense lol.

Maybe that 16 min is when they were inside walmart or mcds.

You can text from inside Walmart or McDs.

Unlikely? Sure, which is why I think ER was just exaggerating a bit about Dylan texting until the phone smoked. We know the phone wasn't literally smoking. We also know it's impossible for Dylan to be texting all the time (kid's gotta eat, sleep, go to school.) I don't think it's a big deal if ER exaggerated a bit, I don't think she did it intentionally or even thought that we'd take her words that seriously.

I'm sure there's no way they've gotten results of all the evidence collected from MR's house/vehicles back. Especially considering that they spent multiple days gathering it - they obviously generated a good bit of stuff to be analyzed. I know labs don't turn around samples that quickly, and computer forensics and other processing departments are undoubtedly involved also.

Unlikely? Sure, which is why I think ER was just exaggerating a bit about Dylan texting until the phone smoked. We know the phone wasn't literally smoking. We also know it's impossible for Dylan to be texting all the time (kid's gotta eat, sleep, go to school.) I don't think it's a big deal if ER exaggerated a bit, I don't think she did it intentionally or even thought that we'd take her words that seriously.

I think it's just perspective. She also said he wasn't outdoorsy, and then we saw a video of him being outdoorsy.

I think when you take into account different subcultures within the US, you have allow for different norms. In Colorado, where some kids are a level of outdoorsy that most of us will never see- Dylan was just socially outdoorsy. So she wasn't wrong, for that area he was not outdoorsy. Not that level.

Similarly, he was techie and electronics oriented- you can be that without being addicted 24/7. I have no doubt that sometimes he had conversations that went back and forth for a long time- so that the phone figuratively smoked... but that doesn't mean he did that every day, all day. A lot of us have techie kids who would fall into this category. Techie doesn't mean "constant" it means high technological ability. High knowledge. There are plenty of techies who can go out to dinner without texting.

IMO she is being completely honest and forthcoming. I think compared to CR, her other frame of reference, and herself, DR is very techie. That's comparing it to her norms though, not kid on the subway norms. In any event, LE has seen his records and they know if it's typical or not. They know if this is a red flag.

in the latest article it mentions that evidence was rec'd back from the CO Bureau of Investigation...wonder what that was?

http://kdvr.com/2013/01/05/redwine-search-continues-despite-drop-in-tips/

Some evidence sent to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation has been processed and returned to La Plata County Sheriff’s Office.

That line caught my eye, too. As with everything reported in this case it could mean nothing at all or ... there could be something to it (imagine that?).

I find it interesting that it was even pointed out and if "some evidence" has been processed and returned that implies to me there might be some evidence that is still being processed and hasn't yet been returned. Just a thought.

I have a feeling that there's some understanding between LE and reporters about what can be asked, answered, and reported -- and the quotes and information that reporters are getting are very calculated and vague. I get the impression local media is covering this case with a great deal of sensitivity and not a whole lot of aggression (are you listening, NG??).

When I think of other missing children cases, the media seems to be more forceful when trying to get information from LE. Some of the most obvious questions we've been asking for the last 23 threads would likely have been asked by reporters and LE could easily reply "No comment" -- in which case the reporter would include that in their article.

It's all rather basic procedure, so it's just my personal feeling that this is a "don't ask, don't tell" situation and there's a reason for that -- what the reason is, I'm not sure.

I think it's just perspective. She also said he wasn't outdoorsy, and then we saw a video of him being outdoorsy.

I think when you take into account different subcultures within the US, you have allow for different norms. In Colorado, where some kids are a level of outdoorsy that most of us will never see- Dylan was just socially outdoorsy. So she wasn't wrong, for that area he was not outdoorsy. Not that level.

Similarly, he was techie and electronics oriented- you can be that without being addicted 24/7. I have no doubt that sometimes he had conversations that went back and forth for a long time- so that the phone figuratively smoked... but that doesn't mean he did that every day, all day. A lot of us have techie kids who would fall into this category. Techie doesn't mean "constant" it means high technological ability. High knowledge. There are plenty of techies who can go out to dinner without texting.

IMO she is being completely honest and forthcoming. I think compared to CR, her other frame of reference, and herself, DR is very techie. That's comparing it to her norms though, not kid on the subway norms. In any event, LE has seen his records and they know if it's typical or not. They know if this is a red flag.

Well said, Abby.

And as far as techies who can go out to dinner without texting - this professional techie does that all the time! :seeya:

It is in reference surely to buying MR's story of Dylan went off fishing by himself to the lake when he had plans with friends that day

It is a lot different when playing in the lake with 5 friends.

I do think that Dylan's behavior is probably different when living with Mom and when visiting Dad. I don't think anything is a lie or exaggeration really-just different perspectives and different behaviors depending on location.

Not for me, because even if the battery was dead, once he plugged it in, he would have wanted to see R's response, IMO, and so he would have noticed it was not charging if he could not. And on my part, this is assuming his phone happened to go dead in the middle of his talk with R., something I find bordering on too coincidental for my comfort, JMO.

There was one year where my son had to leave before 7 am to catch the school bus. Whatever he had to do that year to get, he did!

Kids Text ALOT!
They text while eating, in school (even tho they are not supposed to)
That dang phone goes into the bathroom with them. Its in bed with them at night. I do not see much Idle time with teens on their phones!
I dont believe ER has eggagerated about his phone use.! Her son is missing why wouldnt she want what she says taken seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member