CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a couple of various flip phones circa 2005 - 2009.

I agree , even if they announce he is a suspect without any kind of EVIDENCE then it goes nowhere IMHO

Exactly, then he would retain that lawyer vs. previously consulting one (assuming that is still accurate). How would that further LE, when he (last we heard) is being co-operative? The main focus is finding Dylan of course, if MR shuts down talking about Dylan...

I believe not enough people are putting emphasis on what his mother believes he would have done, and are then discounting the lack of his usual behaviour.

Any members chastising other members for putting forth alternative theories will be hit with hefty timeouts.

All reasonable theories and discussion of facts are welcome in this thread.

:truce:

I noticed on the Find Missing Dylan Redwine facebook page that news reporter Jaclyn Rostie with KRDO left a message that the station hopes to interview the family on Sunday - not sure if she meant today or next Sunday.

Anyway, I looked up the station & Jaclyn Rostie's email address and sent her a message about our group on Websleuths & how we have hashed & rehashed all the available details on the case but that it seems that most reporters really aren't getting answers to some very important questions in this case. And, I listed a line of questions that I wish she could ask/get answers to for the public.

I'll let you all know if she responds.

Thanks for doing this MrsPC!

I checked the post and DH, page admin, responded that she will let the family know when she talks to them tomorrow.

I have read so much on this case and have my own theory about what could have happened. I have years of experience working with adolescent males and know all too well how they can respond when angry. The reason I mention this is that I have read that Dylan was outspoken and obviously did not care for the idea of having to go to his dad's for Thanksgiving. I believe this is further confirmed by him making plans the very same night he arrives at his dad's to leave and go to his friend's home.
It is possible that he and his father argued over him leaving and somehow his cell was smashed which would explain the lack of texts.
My experience with teens leads me to believe that perhaps Dylan was angry with dad, just went to bed to avoid further arguing and planned to leave as soon as possible. This may explain why he would sleep in his street clothes, planning to leave once dad went to sleep or first thing in the morning. He could have declined the ride from dad because he was still angry and, as soon as dad left, he was up and left to hitchike to his friend's.
He could have taken his bag of clothes planning to stay a night or two at his friend's house. For reasons unknown, something happened to him on the way there.
I REALLY hope this theory is way off and that he turns up somewhere safe and healthy. He has been on my mind every day since he went missing and I am so saddened by his disappearance.
I hope that I haven't violated any forum rules by posting this but I really wanted to express my thoughts on this.

I believe not enough people are putting emphasis on what his mother believes he would have done, and are then discounting the lack of his usual behaviour.

I agree. I think Elaine is the best resource we have if we want insight into what was normal for Dylan. Everything suggests that she had a very close relationship with him.

For those of looking for a decent happy hour- feel free to go here to relax and enjoy.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195242"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I agree. I think Elaine is the best resource we have if we want insight into what was normal for Dylan. Everything suggests that she had a very close relationship with him.

And they probably had discussed this trip in great detail. Dylan being able to see his friends was probably a big part of any appeal the trip had for him, if indeed he did not wish to go otherwise.

I do believe that if his phone was broken, it did not "die" a natural death and that this could have caused tension enough for Dylan not to bother leaving a note if in fact he set out on his own. I have always believed that either he was not okay on Sunday night, or that at some point he and his father were not communicating, possibly over the demise of his phone.

Which "emphasis"?

Here's one:
"Dylan is a generational kid and tech savvy," Redwine said. "He wouldn't have gone to the mountains to pitch a tent or build a fire." (added by me: SOOOOO much has been made of this one statement)

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/24/search-for-missing-colorado-teen-enters-6th-day/#ixzz2HG5cBpTl

Or this one:

But he prefers being outside throwing the ball to watching it on TV. He likes to snowboard, roller skate and wrestle with his brother and loves anything water-related – from water rides at the amusement park to camping trips by the river.

Read more: http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687/A-boy’s-life--

Then this:
Family members said Dylan usually found a way to get what he wanted – video games, a ride to the roller rink and more –
(same link as above)

He found ways to get what he wanted............?????????????
(hitching rides) IMO ... see
http://durangoherald.com/article/20121124/NEWS01/121129756/Mystery-lingers-over-missing-teen

I want just as much for MR to be cleared, if he possibly can be, as if Dylan is never found, suspicion will hang over him forever. No one wants that, IMO, if he is innocent.

And they probably had discussed this trip in great detail. Dylan being able to see his friends was probably a big part of any appeal the trip had for him, if indeed he did not wish to go otherwise.

I do believe that if his phone was broken, it did not "die" a natural death and that this could have caused tension enough for Dylan not to bother leaving a note if in fact he set out on his own. I have always believed that either he was not okay on Sunday night, or that at some point he and his father were not communicating, possibly over the demise of his phone.

We've been discussing this in circles, but if phone died and MR was aware of it (and of nothing else), then he wouldn't be texting Dylan on Monday asking where he was.
So this theory just doesn't work.

So, back to the fishing pole. Is there any possibility that perhaps the broken pole WAS the missing pole and they are hiding that for some reason? If I remember correctly in the Mickey Schunick (God rest her soul) case, the truck was ruled out or some such but ended up being the perps vehicle. I don't remember the details exactly. Anyway, I wonder if that is possible (the fishing pole being Dylan's) and what that would mean if so. If I'm not making sense forgive me, I learned the goodness of white merlot recently. :)

No, the pole wasn't Dylan's. I believe they found its owner.

I have read so much on this case and have my own theory about what could have happened. I have years of experience working with adolescent males and know all too well how they can respond when angry. The reason I mention this is that I have read that Dylan was outspoken and obviously did not care for the idea of having to go to his dad's for Thanksgiving. I believe this is further confirmed by him making plans the very same night he arrives at his dad's to leave and go to his friend's home.
It is possible that he and his father argued over him leaving and somehow his cell was smashed which would explain the lack of texts.
My experience with teens leads me to believe that perhaps Dylan was angry with dad, just went to bed to avoid further arguing and planned to leave as soon as possible. This may explain why he would sleep in his street clothes, planning to leave once dad went to sleep or first thing in the morning. He could have declined the ride from dad because he was still angry and, as soon as dad left, he was up and left to hitchike to his friend's.
He could have taken his bag of clothes planning to stay a night or two at his friend's house. For reasons unknown, something happened to him on the way there.
I REALLY hope this theory is way off and that he turns up somewhere safe and healthy. He has been on my mind every day since he went missing and I am so saddened by his disappearance.
I hope that I haven't violated any forum rules by posting this but I really wanted to express my thoughts on this.

I hope your theory is correct. Unfortunately, my spidey senses lead me elsewhere. Welcome to WS, btw!!

Really. He was very close to his mother. She would be the best predictor of his behaviour. What is difficult to understand about that? He was only 13.

She wasn't there. Contrary to what I always told my sons - mothers don't really know everything whether they see it happen or not. MOO

Which "emphasis"?

Here's one:
"Dylan is a generational kid and tech savvy," Redwine said. "He wouldn't have gone to the mountains to pitch a tent or build a fire." (added by me: SOOOOO much has been made of this one statement)

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/24/search-for-missing-colorado-teen-enters-6th-day/#ixzz2HG5cBpTl

Or this one:

But he prefers being outside throwing the ball to watching it on TV. He likes to snowboard, roller skate and wrestle with his brother and loves anything water-related – from water rides at the amusement park to camping trips by the river.

Read more: http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687/A-boy’s-life--

Then this:
Family members said Dylan usually found a way to get what he wanted – video games, a ride to the roller rink and more –
(same link as above)

He found ways to get what he wanted............?????????????
(hitching rides) IMO ... see
http://durangoherald.com/article/20121124/NEWS01/121129756/Mystery-lingers-over-missing-teen

I was answering a post that said this: "think too much emphasis is being placed on what people perceive that Dylan would have done (charged his phone, left a note etc.) rather than on what a 13 year old boy would do on impulse ...which IMO, is the most likely alternative..."

That is what I was responding to.

We've been discussing this in circles, but if phone died and MR was aware of it (and of nothing else), then he wouldn't be texting Dylan on Monday asking where he was.
So this theory just doesn't work.

It's been suggested several times that if the phone had in fact died (rather than just having a flat battery as may have been suspected at first) Dylan may not have realised until after he arose and took it from the charger the next morning - after MR had left.

No, the pole wasn't Dylan's. I believe they found its owner.

Yeah, my point was I realized that's what they said. But wondered if perhaps they were purposely misleading. I've been here since day 1. I know what's been said but thanks for the helpful post. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamagoldman