CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
because there have been numerous suggestions that Dylan had no cell service from his Dads house.

Were they on the same network? MR's phone could use CDMA and Dylan's phone could have been GSM.

Example: a few years ago I went snowboarding (well, tried to) at Stevens Pass, which is a pretty popular ski area on US 2. My friend (who I think was on AT&T) could use her cell phone. I was on the Sprint network and couldn't pick up a single bar.

I'm going to take the word of a fellow sleuther who was THERE and stood right in front of MR's house with HER cell phone that had ATT service and said that neither she nor her friend who had Verizon could make a call OR text. That's good enough for me. This sleuther doesn't have an agenda, and was there and has first hand knowledge. We are lucky to have that kind of information!

If Dylan had service before when his mother said he did, perhaps it was in Bayfield or Durango, not near MR's house. It's obvious to me that cell and text service in the immediate area of MR's house isn't good at all. FWIW.

Paul,

see the above post as one example.

But then he must have had cell service at his home, because he was there waiting for a reply.Correct?

Yes, but he doesn't know whether Dylan has service or not. There's simply no way to tell if Dylan's lack of response is due to him being out of service range, or his phone being off for whatever reason, or any of a number of other reasons.

Yes, but he doesn't know whether Dylan has service or not. There's simply no way to tell if Dylan's lack of response is due to him being out of service range, or his phone being off for whatever reason, or any of a number of other reasons.

True. But my point is exactly thAt. If he comes home at 11:30, and is wondering where his son is, why sit and wait until 4 to see if the cell is working?

Like you said, too many variables about whether he is receiving your texts.

If you were supposed to come back home to give your niece a ride somewhere, and she wasn't there waiting at 11:30, would you sit and wait until 4 to see if she replied to your texts?

Or would you drive a short 20 minute trek to make sure she was safely there with her friends.

To further expand on cell phone pings because its still bugging me lol. Your phone determines signal strength by pinging the closest tower. You know when your phone shows 1 bar or 3 bars of service etc it has pinged a tower to determine that. If your phone cannot ping then you would have no idea how strong your signal was and if your phone could not ping then you could not make any calls or send any texts. All active cell phones ping.

Well if Elaine says texts message got though then I believe her . After all she would of had texts from Dylan from that house .

]MR does have cell phone service, ER even said so.[/B] It's just intermittent which is why SMS goes through and phone calls do not. Our sleuthers could have been testing during a time when cell service was not working very well due to atmospheric conditions, for example.

I AGREE. But not everyone does apparently.

Also you can go to court and fight to see your son but you are to bone idle to put sheets on his bed and make it comfortable for him ?!

That caught me attention too. One would think dad had made some preparation for dylans comfort sleeping. But who knows?

That caught me attention too. One would think dad had made some preparation for dylans comfort sleeping. But who knows?

I just find it odd and not something my parents would of done when I visited .

Clean sheets , bed made for your arrival and to make it homely . Its not like it takes long to make a bed either .

How in the world did ER know where DR was when his texts went through? She's assuming. IMO

I ran into this today. My DH assumed I was at Trader Joe's when I was actually at Whole Foods. I beat him home and he was "whaaaaaaaaaaaa". Don't assume.

She may have simply assumed based on the fact that he knew Dylan would have been with his father. Did she say that she assumed he was specifically at home or just with his dad? Plus, talking about cellphone service in MR's home != assuming Dylan was there.

Read the transcripts: mom never said that or asked where DR was when DR landed other than stammering around I ... er .. him ... er. Mom also "forgot" to mention the scrowly face to NG too.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1212/03/ng.01.html

I don't think mom has a clue what DR did or does. Nope. Not a clue. He shows up randomly at friend's houses, he get's what he wants ... rides to skate parks, hitch hikes, etc. Not a clue. JMO.

That's a stretch IMO. When I was in my teens my friends and I would randomly visit each other. It did not mean that my parents had no clue what I was doing, just that they knew I would be at a friend's house (and Dylan's assumed he could be with a friend too when he disappeared, at least his father did) so I didn't need to ask permission if my parents were not around. I could just text them or if they were working I would just tell them later. What's the skate parks got to do with it? As to the hitch hiking it's never a very good idea but he was with a group of friends when he tried it and the area was assumed to be safe. Getting what he wants does not mean that he spoiled and does everything, just that he's a persuasive kid.

As to the cell phone thing, as other people have said ALL phones ping. All the links I have found including the one I linked in mention that GPS is more trustworthy because it can locate phones more accurately than cell towers which can give you a broader area to search.

As to the strength of the signal, it vastly depends on phones and not just providers. If the signal is weak but texts go through it does not make it impossible to ping the phone and know it was at least switched on. Dylan had visited his father's house before, correct? In that case he and his mother and friends would know whether texting and calling was possible. His father texting him in an area with weak signal is not immediately suspicious because his phone could have an ok signal that would let texts go through and even calls, owning the house he would know that well.

Clean sheets , bed made for your arrival and to make it homely . Its not like it takes long to make a bed either .

I assume that's one of those details we really don't know about really. For all we know Dylan could have had his own room but may have slept on the couch in front of the tv unintentionally or even by choice. Did someone find some info about the house and how many rooms it has ages ago? I have seen some refer to it as a cabin and haven't been sure if that means it was quite small or something.
Of course there is also the male factor to consider - a bloke living on his own might not necessarily think the way a mum would in terms of bedding requirements. Chances are it may not have bothered Dylan either at his age.
:moo:

I assume that's one of those details we really don't know about really. For all we know Dylan could have had his own room but may have slept on the couch in front of the tv unintentionally or even by choice. Did someone find some info about the house and how many rooms it has ages ago? I have seen some refer to it as a cabin and haven't been sure if that means it was quite small or something.
Of course there is also the male factor to consider - a bloke living on his own might not necessarily think the way a mum would in terms of bedding requirements. Chances are it may not have bothered Dylan either at his age.
:moo:

I think it depends on the Settee as some would be very uncomfortable to sleep on . Surely when the judge looks into stuff like this the house should be fitting of a child ? , which would mean his own room and bed I would of thought !

I find nothing wrong with sleeping on the couch or the sofa!
Maybe thats the only room with a TV!

But I dont think Dylan was there!

JMO

He also had not made plans for Thanksgiving. They were "winging it". The problem with that is, unless there are fresh turkeys available, (and MR strikes me as more of a Walmart and Supermarket man than specialty store or butchers) you can't just "wing" Thanksgiving.

Unless you are going to have a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving with popcorn and toast...

I think it depends on the Settee as some would be very uncomfortable to sleep on . Surely when the judge looks into stuff like this the house should be fitting of a child ? , which would mean his own room and bed I would of thought !

Not necessarily and I certainly hope that doesn't matter to a court - this was a short visitation and Dylan was not living there so he would not need his own room if there was not enough space, he could sleep on the couch same as anyone else who wanted to sleep over there.

I for one don't see an issue with Dylan sleeping on the couch. If it was a comfortable couch (mine is) it would have been fine. Maybe a spare bed was not ready or Dylan wanted to sleep there to watch TV. He was staying over for only a few days and maybe the couch was even just for that one night so it's not a big deal if he didn't get his own bed. IMO.

Having their own room and their own bed is generally not a requirement, unless there are other children of a different sex, then sometimes a judge will include a room and/or bed in the order.

Many children visit ncps and sleep on the couch just fine.

Wow... I guess if you want to keep up with this thread, you can't sleep!

I need to know what given information here is vague or in question.

For example:
It's been said the phone was turned off. Is there confirmation that it was physically turned off, or is that an assumption based on the last usage?

It was initially reported that Dylan took all of his belongings with him. It was later said that there were clothes on the couch. Were items of Dylan's found or recovered from the home?

What is the official window of opportunity?

Has family involvement been officially ruled out?

Has Team Adam been contacted or involved? Why not?

What is the official classification of the case?

These threads move so quickly, I cannot keep up, and I have to go to work today. I won't be able to check in much.
<modsnip>

Surely it's implied when people at that Elaine had no idea what her son got up to . That implies a lack of "caring" from a parent .

I'm not one who has said it, but I think what it implies is that parents don't always know what all their teenagers are up to. Most teens don't tell their parents everything, and most parents don't know everything their teen does. It does not imply that a parent doesn't care, just that they don't always know. And I say that as someone who raised 3 boys... there are things they have told me they did as teens that I would have sworn then they would not have done. Which doesn't totally surprise me, as there are things I did as a teen that my parents wouldn't have believed I would do either.

I think ER loves her son very much, and I think she knows him... but quite possibly not everything about him. That's not a criticism of her or her parenting skills. It's just the way it often is, since teenagers are "testing their wings" in preparation for adulthood. JMO as always, of course.

This is MOO (!!), but teens tend to prefer to sleep on the couch/sofa even loveseat in some cases.

My god children bring their friends to my apartment at the beach and sleep everywhere but the bed. They want to be in front of the TV, or the computer and be close to the kitchen.
I got a HUGE futon because of this and it has yet to go to waste.

Wow... I guess if you want to keep up with this thread, you can't sleep!

I need to know what given information here is vague or in question.

For example:
It's been said the phone was turned off. Is there confirmation that it was physically turned off, or is that an assumption based on the last usage?

It was initially reported that Dylan took all of his belongings with him. It was later said that there were clothes on the couch. Were items of Dylan's found or recovered from the home?

What is the official window of opportunity?

Has family involvement been officially ruled out?

Has Team Adam been contacted or involved? Why not?

What is the official classification of the case?

These threads move so quickly, I cannot keep up, and I have to go to work today. I won't be able to check in much.
<modsnip>.

- The phone being turned off Sunday is an assumption/speculation. The police said on November 26th that the phone had been turned off "for several days". I've posted the link several times.

- Left at home - a pair of pants, ipod, nerf football

- No official window of opportunity has been given

- No one has been ruled out, family or otherwise. Police stated Mark is not considered a suspect. I've posted the link several times.

- Team Adam came in between Nov 23rd and Nov 26th. From MSM. Also FBI CARD.

- NCMEC classification - Case Type: Endangered Missing

editing to add links -

The La Plata County Sheriff&#8217;s Department says the boy&#8217;s cell phone has been turned off for several days, and they can&#8217;t track it down.

This is national public radio in CO on Nov 26th -

http://radiocoloradocollege.org/2012/11/searchers-still-seek-clues-to-missing-colorado-springs-boy/

Authorities executed a search warrant last week at the house of Mark Redwine, the father of Dylan, but the father is not considered a suspect, said Capt. Jim Ezzell, chief investigator with the La Plata County Sheriff&#8217;s Office

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121203/NEWS01/121209881/-1/s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member