CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except for the fact that in every single interview he's done he has something negative, snarky or mean to say about her. Including the one about "his problem is his ex"....NO, MARK, your problem is your son is missing! :furious:

That is the only thing I have heard him say and I believe that was out of desperation. jmo

Re-watched the video and this stood out...

Who rearranges the furniture while their child is missing? (at 13:20)
Specifically the last room you saw them in?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGEwCBPy90w"]KUSA - Dylan Redwine - Dad's uncut interview - YouTube[/ame]

/moo
//I'm about 20 pages behind so sorry if this has already been mentioned.

It's 15 miles, not 15 minutes, from Bayfield to Vallecito. It was posted just in the last couple of pages that this trip took 45 minutes (a local was quoted as having given this information). To take the detour to Bayfield would have been about 6-7 miles one way ... 15 miles round trip ... 45 minutes ... plus driving home another 7-8 miles ... another 20 minutes.

I think it might have taken longer. Ryan wasn't in Bayfield Sunday night. He was in Pagosa Springs and I think that's further.

Here's the text where Ryan says he's in Pagosa -

Ryan: (time 6:43 p.m. Nov. 18) Im in pagosa coming

I have a question Sarx. Is it hard to work with LE because of egos??? In that I mean, does LE act territorial about their cases that SAR is brought into, do they feel threatened that they are losing a handle on the case by allowing "outsiders" to come in on it? Is that a usual reason why LE would not give their blessing to an organized SAR group coming in?? TIA.

You know, it really depends. I've worked with some LE that were so grateful to have the extra help that they bent over backwards to do anything they could for you. I've also had those that literally said, "if you get shot out there it's your problem" and pretty much everything in between. They run the full spectrum. I think it does matter to an extent who you are, what else you've done and how you've interacted with other depts. Those groups that blast LE and talk about the cases, etc., well, that tends to spread like wildfire and nobody wants to be a part of that. And yes, sometimes they just don't want non LE there, for what reasons, sometimes we'll never know!

Maybe his cell phone was dead and his alarm didn't go off.

Read Dad's version of events.

And Dylan had his cell charger with him. He wasnt waiting for an alarm.

It's 15 miles, not 15 minutes, from Bayfield to Vallecito. It was posted just in the last couple of pages that this trip took 45 minutes (a local was quoted as having given this information). To take the detour to Bayfield would have been about 6-7 miles one way ... 15 miles round trip ... 45 minutes ... plus driving home another 7-8 miles ... another 20 minutes.

VallecitoCO4.jpg

This image has the wrong airport, but the mileage is correct ... and that's straight line mileage, not road mileage.

VallecitoCO2.jpg

According to my Google map, it's a 1 hour & 20 minute drive to go from Durango to Bayfield and then to MR's home in Vallecito. Taking US-160 from Durango to Bayfield, and then going up CR 501 into Vallecito.

To go directly from Durango to Vallecito, it's 1 hour & 12 minutes, by taking CR 240 & CR 501. (Which I think is the way MR said he went home that night.)

So an 8 minute difference between the two different routes according to Google maps.

I think it might have taken longer. Ryan wasn't in Bayfield Sunday night. He was in Pagosa Springs and I think that's further.

Here's the text where Ryan says he's in Pagosa -

Ryan: (time 6:43 p.m. Nov. 18) Im in pagosa coming

But Ryan was coming to his grandmas in Bayfield for Dylan to be dropped off there.

Dylan was picked up at the airport about 6pm. By 6:43pm at the latest he had been told no to the fiends house. He had been texting all day with that friend. The friend was coming in from Pagosa to meet him. I'm sure Dylan told MR about this plan right at the airport. There is very little difference in driving from the airport to Bayfield to home than there is to drive from the airport to Durango to home.

MR likely told Dylan right away he wasn't going to meet up with the friend. I can't see what harm there would have been in letting him since MR just went home and went to bed and then was going to leave him home alone the next day.

MOO

They watched a movie when they got home.

I don't agree with letting a 13 year old call the shots when it comes to visiting friends late in the evening. His dad decided that it was best for this child to eat, pick up some groceries for the next couple of days (a considerate act to let Dylan pick what he wanted to have in the fridge), go home, spend a bit of time with his dad and have a good night sleep. That makes perfect sense.

Children that age use their cell phone for alarm clocks ... I wonder why Dylan wasn't up and ready to go at 7 in the morning.

And there's the problem! By all accounts he would have been! And should have been!
His dad claims he "tried" to wake him up for an hour. Who does that? It's get up kid, your ride is leaving!
He was sleeping on the couch. Dad claims he banged around the kitchen, which is ON TOP of the living room, next to the couch. Very small quarters. Dad left.

In addition, this kid did not answer his friend's texts from the night prior or the next morning...and there were several, and did not answer his dad's texts/calls the next morning. Dad did not attempt to call him on the land line.

It all depends on what they've trained in. Climate and conditions definitely play a part, and training in them is huge. I was just up in the snow this weekend working my newest one and his search behavior was very different in the snow.

I am still waiting to see training logs that show successful work reliably at that age (3 months), so for me and many, nope, we don't go there.

Thank you sarx. I didn't mean the dogs were 3 months old. I mean it's been 3 months since Dylan went missing, so I was wondering about his live scent lingering for 3 months.

Thank you!

I would expect a child to be more cautious around a controlling, manipulative, unpredictable parent ... not more rebellious. By the age of 13, the child should know that it's a lost cause to go up against a manipulative, controlling parent.

I don't think he knew his Father real well. He had spent very little time with him since the divorce. According to the Mom.

Time from Vallecito to Bayfield (per local) = 45 minutes = 15 miles

Detour on way home would be about 6-8 miles one way, so about 15 miles round trip = 45 minutes

Why should dad take a 45 minute detour to deliver his son to a friend's house at 9ish when common sense (for me) says that a child that got off the plane should be tired and should go home and have a good night sleep.

Is anyone suggesting that Dylan's dad did the wrong thing by telling him to stay home that night?

Ryan was in Pagosa Springs that night. Not Bayfield. I just checked google maps and Pagosa is much further than Bayfield, so longer detour.

You know, it really depends. I've worked with some LE that were so grateful to have the extra help that they bent over backwards to do anything they could for you. I've also had those that literally said, "if you get shot out there it's your problem" and pretty much everything in between. They run the full spectrum. I think it does matter to an extent who you are, what else you've done and how you've interacted with other depts. Those groups that blast LE and talk about the cases, etc., well, that tends to spread like wildfire and nobody wants to be a part of that. And yes, sometimes they just don't want non LE there, for what reasons, sometimes we'll never know!

Thanks so much Sarx. Another question. If a cadaver dog alerts on an area, or two dogs alert on an area, why would their handlers ignore those alerts??? Is it common for a dog to alert when there is no reason to??? Thanks in advance again. :)

Thank you sarx. I didn't mean the dogs were 3 months old. I mean it's been 3 months since Dylan went missing, so I was wondering about his live scent lingering for 3 months.

Thank you!

LOL, yeah, that's the same age I'm referring to (the age of the scent, not the dogs, lol).

Nothing to date that I've seen by groups I trust, any of my own personal experiences, by any of the FBI programs, etc have shown reliable success on trails that old. The nature of a scent trail just doesn't support it IMO.

According to my Google map, it's a 1 hour & 20 minute drive to go from Durango to Bayfield and then to MR's home in Vallecito. Taking US-160 from Durango to Bayfield, and then going up CR 501 into Vallecito.

To go directly from Durango to Vallecito, it's 1 hour & 12 minutes, by taking CR 240 & CR 501. (Which I think is the way MR said he went home that night.)

So an 8 minute difference between the two different routes according to Google maps.

So, is the dad viewed as having done something wrong because he did not let his 13 year old child call the shots that evening?

And there's the problem! By all accounts he would have been! And should have been!
His dad claims he "tried" to wake him up for an hour. Who does that? It's get up kid, your ride is leaving!
He was sleeping on the couch. Dad claims he banged around the kitchen, which is ON TOP of the living room, next to the couch. Very small quarters. Dad left.

In addition, this kid did not answer his friend's texts from the night prior or the next morning...and there were several, and did not answer his dad's texts/calls the next morning. Dad did not attempt to call him on the land line.

13 year olds can be dead to the world when they're over tired.

It is a 15 mile detour to go to Bayfield. 9 PM is also too late in my opinion for a 13 year old to visit friends.

There is a route that MR could have taken from the airport that goes through Bayfield. Wouldn't be a detour if MR drove Dylan there from the airport.

I told my 17 year old on Saturday night that 10 PM was too late for him to go out and get together with friends. He believed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsHansford24