CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if MRs truck was detailed?

It seems possibly if his furniture was moved around the house was cleaned! JMO

What makes you think so? I haven't seen anything to indicate that they are anywhere near solving the case.

At some point several weeks back, LE said they got all the lab / test results back and didn't they say the FBI was helping them analyze the results? I
would hope there is something in there that points to someone and may just
not be enough to ' solve' it but enough to know basically what happened. That has been my hope, but it may be foolish of me.

What video? Nobody said anything about video. And what perp? They think this Hispanic guy is a possible witness.
And I don't believe they had any clue about this witness until this tipster contacted them.

"Sgt. Dan Bender, public information officer for the La Plata County Sheriff's Office, said this person is not a suspect or a person of interest."

http://www.ourcoloradonews.com/news...cle_855fb6b2-7ad5-11e2-b0a7-001a4bcf887a.html

Well to be fair, they said the same about MR ....... so this guy very well could be. If they are not careful in the wording, this man would never come in to talk to them . If they say we think he's the perpetrator , come in and let's talk, NO WAY. So he may or may not be involved, may or may not have seen anything. I hope he's somehow helpful and somehow found .

I haven't been an active poster in this forum (yet), and I've been following this disappearance very closely - several times a day - since November. After careful consideration, I'd like to chime in and share my thoughts now!

I have been extremely hesitant to point the finger at MR, and have tried so hard to keep an open mind. Even though odds seemed slim that it was a stranger abduction, lost in the woods, etc., I've kept all options open. That said, I've now carefully watched all the interviews again, read all of the archived news articles and Facebook posts. I'm certain about what happened. The uncut footage of Mark sealed the deal for me
Removed by ME !

Hey Diveguy,Welcome and thanks for your well thought out post. It's great to have detail oriented ideas put forth ! :)

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...itness-in-case

(LA PLATA COUNTY, Colo. - Deputies say they are investigating multiple tips to find the renter who may have seen something related to the disappearance of Dylan Redwine.)

This article was Two days ago, interesting how they word the article Renter as the person there seeking to speak with, and also claim multible Tips, The timing of this anonymous tipster after three months, Why won't Law Enforcement release more details concerning this person.
-------------
Below is not included in the above article.

How did the Tipster come in contact with this unknown person? Why is there no vehicle description, Yet the Tipster claims they were seeking a gas station for Gasoline. The Tipster has requested to remain anonymous if not mistaken, Law Enforcement confirmed they sat down and interviewed this person. The timing of this person surfacing after Law Enforcement stated the Tips were dwindling !!

It is weird isn't it? Here's what I'm wondering. Did MR on day one say ' hey i saw this fellow coming out of the woods looking around that day' and LE dismissed this ? Thinking DR had run away and then when they realized he had not run away, they dismissed it again, thinking MR was guilty and just trying to throw out a red herring? Then MR hired the PI guy and the PI guy actually finds other people who say ' yes we saw that man too' . Then PI guy prompts those people to call in the tip ? SO initially they thought there was no man and now are playing catch up 3 months later because apparently the guy does exist? Thoughts ?

It is weird isn't it? Here's what I'm wondering. Did MR on day one say ' hey i saw this fellow coming out of the woods looking around that day' and LE dismissed this ? Thinking DR had run away and then when they realized he had not run away, they dismissed it again, thinking MR was guilty and just trying to throw out a red herring? Then MR hired the PI guy and the PI guy actually finds other people who say ' yes we saw that man too' . Then PI guy prompts those people to call in the tip ? SO initially they thought there was no man and now are playing catch up 3 months later because apparently the guy does exist? Thoughts ?

Typically, LE does NOT "dismiss" ANY information obtained during the course of an investigation. If they did, I'd be the first one to say LaPlata Co. needs to elect a NEW SHERIFF.

ETA: Please consider this: The most recent Dillon, who went missing but was considered a run-away. Although he didn't even meet the criteria for a "endangered" missing child and it was fairly evident that he left home on his own, LE still provided information to the public about the unknown woman, a description the vehicle he was seen driving and the time and location of where he was last seen. All of this information was released within the first few hours of the missing report.

Typically, LE does NOT "dismiss" ANY information obtained during the course of an investigation. If they did, I'd be the first one to say LaPlata Co. needs to elect a NEW SHERIFF.

ETA: Please consider this: The most recent Dillon, who went missing but was considered a run-away. Although he didn't even meet the criteria for a "endangered" missing child and it was fairly evident that he left home on his own, LE still provided information to the public about the unknown woman, a description the vehicle he was seen driving and the time and location of where he was last seen. All of this information was released within the first few hours of the missing report.

Even if they thought for sure MR was guilty ? They might not think he's just trying to save himself by making up a ' fictitious' man in the woods? I"m just speculating as to why it took so long to hear about this man.

I'm still not ready to give up on my theory, so I've had to find a way to make the "renter" fit into it. Is it possible that the guy really was looking for a rental? He may have been hired to find one that is a bit isolated, has a basement, a treed lot, and a property manager who wouldn't be coming around checking on things. If he did actually meet with any rental agents/property owners, I'd be interested in hearing the type of questions he asked about the properties. I would definitely hope that any property he rented (or even checked out) would be looked at very closely. MOO

Even if they thought for sure MR was guilty ? They might not think he's just trying to save himself by making up a ' fictitious' man in the woods? I"m just speculating as to why it took so long to hear about this man.

It's entirely possible that this "tip" was provided to LE and I'm not discounting that in any way. I'm also sure there is more than one person who has been digging around the area, asking people to try to remember things, anything, about that day/week that might provide new information, no matter how remote, and provide that to LE.
What I am saying is I have significant doubt that this is something LE has known about throughout the investigation and simply dismissed the information.
There are also other possibilities for this information to be brought forth.

ETA: After reading your post again, I just wanted to add...I sincerely doubt this new information came from MR. He may be a lot of things, IMO, but stupid isn't one of them.

I haven't been an active poster in this forum (yet), and I've been following this disappearance very closely - several times a day - since November. After careful consideration, I'd like to chime in and share my thoughts now!

I have been extremely hesitant to point the finger at MR, and have tried so hard to keep an open mind. Even though odds seemed slim that it was a stranger abduction, lost in the woods, etc., I've kept all options open. That said, I've now carefully watched all the interviews again, read all of the archived news articles and Facebook posts. I'm certain about what happened. The uncut footage of Mark sealed the deal for me.

I made 20+ pages of notes, but don't want to hog with the page with them, so I’ll share what I think are my highlights. There is another good analysis at http://.blogspot.com that also breaks down MR's interview. My notes below are all from the MR uncut interview on YouTube:

Initial Conflict
Marks brings up several points of conflict from his first hours with Dylan:
- Dylan wanted to see his friends right away, dad said no
- Dad wanted to go out to eat at a restaurant, Dylan wanted McDonalds (We didn’t even eat IN McDonalds” he says)
- Dylan is “adamant” about having his snacks. Shaking his head in a “no” motion, says “Dylan wanted to throw a few videos he found in the $5 bin. (Mark having to accommodate).

Overall, there are definite signs that there was tension and some disagreements immediately, as acknowledged by MR. D's emoticon to mom was also a sign.

5:50 – “I was correct in assuming he wanted to spend time with friends”
6:14 – “When he wants to spend time with his friends, I get that. I understand that. I have no problem with that
6:46 – “When he’s with me, it’s me and him”. Then adds after pause “...with the exception of his friends”.

During the interview, Mark repeatedly emphasizes how important Dylan’s friends are to him, and how he (MR) apparently approved of him spending time with his friends. He emphasizes this many, many times.

Mark was obviously angry that D didn’t want to spend time with him, but rather his friends and this was likely the cause of an altercation. MR was probably even more frustrated after fighting to get to see D again, battling in court for D, then having D not want to spend time with him but his friends instead.

6:00 – Mark says Dylan made mention of wanting to go to Castle Rock to see Mark’s brother during the visit. (This doesn’t seem likely – Dylan’s main focus was seeing his friends. Would he really want to leave to visit MR's brother?).

Body language/Speech
11:35 – “Which is one of the movies we would watch….the night (long pause) ...we were together”. The night that what happened? This is extremely revealing – watch it.
12:59 – shaking his head “no” when he says “He was texting on the couch”
16:38 – Shaking his head ‘No’ when he sayd “I told Dylan … if you need anyting, call me when you get up”

His physical gestures are contrary to what he is speaking. A tell-tale sign of deception, well documented.

A few other concerning things:

8:48 – In answering the question “Are you convinced someone abducted him”, he pauses a long time - about 4 seconds – looks up, then says “Well, I am. (PAUSE). I struggle with the fact that it could be somebody he knew.”

If MR didn’t do anything wrong and it all went down as he says and apparently believes, then abduction is the only possibility. Why the hesitation and somewhat indirect answer?

9:00 – “I didn’t find out till later on that he was known to be a hitchhiker”
9:15 – “That boy would talk to anybody. He never knew a stranger….And that’s concerning”

Both nicely set up for how he may have been abducted by someone else.

13:20 – There are only 2 places in the house where Dylan could get cell phone service; then the reporter’s phone rings – she’s not in one of those places. (Not conclusive, but an interesting note).

He’s making it a point to stare straight at reporter and control his mannerisms, gestures, and movements. He is obviously aware and trying so hard to consciously control his body language. He also gives long, rambling answers to many questions, providing more or different information that was asked for. This is extremely common when people are being deceptive.

I know the interview was broken down and discussed earlier, so sorry if I’m late to the party. The above notes are just a few that I made, and IN MY OPINION I now firmly believe that Dylan never made it home that night. MR snapped, had a lot of time to clean up, and likely drove a long way before dumping Dylan somewhere impossible to find. He’s confident that D won’t be found nearby so he doesn’t have a problem with dogs in his area, and knows there is no evidence, so he can pretend that he is using all his resources, hire a PI, etc. His immediate actions in the days after D disappeared are highly suspicious as well.

MR's biggest enemy is himself. I’m very interested to see how he responds on TV, and hope Elaine has some questions that will trip him up – I can think of several myself. It's guaranteed that investigators are watching closely as well.

Sorry to be so long-winded! All of this is my theory and in my opinion only.

Welcome and great first post! I agree 100% with everything you say here.

Have any of these SAR or K-9 dogs have the scent of Dylan in that house or outside that house for LE searches or the searches going on now.

As I see it the first place they should search is MRs house to make sure he was ever there. Dogs followed Sierra Lamar out her driveway!

Didn't sarx basically say it's too late for this?

This is pretty spot on to my initial thoughts. Just speculation but I think something like this is possible. If this guy was mentioned by MR in his interview with LE they may have dismissed it initially. Then the PI comes along and basically forces them to look into it. And LE knows if they don't and there is ever charges brought this is something a defense attorney would love to have. Possibly?

I have been extremely hesitant to point the finger at MR, and have tried so hard to keep an open mind. Even though odds seemed slim that it was a stranger abduction, lost in the woods, etc., I've kept all options open. That said, I've now carefully watched all the interviews again, read all of the archived news articles and Facebook posts. I'm certain about what happened. The uncut footage of Mark sealed the deal for me.

I made 20+ pages of notes, but don't want to hog with the page with them, so I’ll share what I think are my highlights. There is another good analysis at http://.blogspot.com that also breaks down MR's interview. My notes below are all from the MR uncut interview on YouTube:

Initial Conflict
- Dad wanted to go out to eat at a restaurant, Dylan wanted McDonalds (We didn’t even eat IN McDonalds” he says)
- Dylan is “adamant” about having his snacks. Shaking his head in a “no” motion, says “Dylan wanted to throw a few videos he found in the $5 bin. (Mark having to accommodate).

Overall, there are definite signs that there was tension and some disagreements immediately, as acknowledged by MR. D's emoticon to mom was also a sign.

6:14 – “When he wants to spend time with his friends, I get that. I understand that. I have no problem with that
6:46 – “When he’s with me, it’s me and him”. Then adds after pause “...with the exception of his friends”.

During the interview, Mark repeatedly emphasizes how important Dylan’s friends are to him, and how he (MR) apparently approved of him spending time with his friends. He emphasizes this many, many times.

Mark was obviously angry that D didn’t want to spend time with him, but rather his friends and this was likely the cause of an altercation. MR was probably even more frustrated after fighting to get to see D again, battling in court for D, then having D not want to spend time with him but his friends instead.

6:00 – Mark says Dylan made mention of wanting to go to Castle Rock to see Mark’s brother during the visit. (This doesn’t seem likely – Dylan’s main focus was seeing his friends. Would he really want to leave to visit MR's brother?).

Body language/Speech
11:35 – “Which is one of the movies we would watch….the night (long pause) ...we were together”. The night that what happened? This is extremely revealing – watch it.
16:38 – Shaking his head ‘No’ when he sayd “I told Dylan … if you need anyting, call me when you get up”

His physical gestures are contrary to what he is speaking. A tell-tale sign of deception, well documented.

8:48 – In answering the question “Are you convinced someone abducted him”, he pauses a long time - about 4 seconds – looks up, then says “Well, I am. (PAUSE). I struggle with the fact that it could be somebody he knew.”

If MR didn’t do anything wrong and it all went down as he says and apparently believes, then abduction is the only possibility. Why the hesitation and somewhat indirect answer?

9:15 – “That boy would talk to anybody. He never knew a stranger….And that’s concerning”

13:20 – There are only 2 places in the house where Dylan could get cell phone service; then the reporter’s phone rings – she’s not in one of those places. (Not conclusive, but an interesting note).

He’s making it a point to stare straight at reporter and control his mannerisms, gestures, and movements. He is obviously aware and trying so hard to consciously control his body language. He also gives long, rambling answers to many questions, providing more or different information that was asked for. This is extremely common when people are being deceptive.

I know the interview was broken down and discussed earlier, so sorry if I’m late to the party. The above notes are just a few that I made, and IN MY OPINION I now firmly believe that Dylan never made it home that night. MR snapped, had a lot of time to clean up, and likely drove a long way before dumping Dylan somewhere impossible to find. He’s confident that D won’t be found nearby so he doesn’t have a problem with dogs in his area, and knows there is no evidence, so he can pretend that he is using all his resources, hire a PI, etc. His immediate actions in the days after D disappeared are highly suspicious as well.

MR's biggest enemy is himself. I’m very interested to see how he responds on TV, and hope Elaine has some questions that will trip him up – I can think of several myself. It's guaranteed that investigators are watching closely as well.

Welcome, Diveguy! Very good post and the BBM statements are what I've noted to be the most troubling in that interview. I can accept (some) of the regional variations when accounting for speech patterns and the fact that we do not have a base line for his usual speaking manner, but there are too many other things that bother me about this and other interviews. Red flags all over.

I'm still not ready to give up on my theory, so I've had to find a way to make the "renter" fit into it. Is it possible that the guy really was looking for a rental? He may have been hired to find one that is a bit isolated, has a basement, a treed lot, and a property manager who wouldn't be coming around checking on things. If he did actually meet with any rental agents/property owners, I'd be interested in hearing the type of questions he asked about the properties. I would definitely hope that any property he rented (or even checked out) would be looked at very closely. MOO

For clarification, are you trying to make the renter fit into the theory of how the tip originated or into a theory of what happened to Dylan?

This is pretty spot on to my initial thoughts. Just speculation but I think something like this is possible. If this guy was mentioned by MR in his interview with LE they may have dismissed it initially. Then the PI comes along and basically forces them to look into it. And LE knows if they don't and there is ever charges brought this is something a defense attorney would love to have. Possibly?

I'll admit I'm biased when it comes to LE, but I just have to wonder why anyone would ever think that LE would "dismiss" this information in the first place, especially if MR mentioned this in his interview?
LE is not out to "get" MR. Even if they had enough evidence to "dismiss" any information provided to them by MR or anyone else, they would still look into it! Otherwise we would be much further along in this case. Unless they look into it, they cannot decide if it is true or not. Do you think they would dismiss information provided to them by ER, CR, Dylan's friends or anyone else? LE does not automatically assume someone is not telling the truth and even if they DO suspect someone is not being factual, they would still investigate the information provided so they could confront the person if said information was proven false. That is what they do! If that is not what they are doing in that area, the citizens of that area would/should/are likely to remove them from their job! Unless you want to believe the entire county is corrupt or run by a bunch of incompetent ninnies, you have to have faith in the fact that they are the professionals and they know how to do their job!

I made 20+ pages of notes, but don't want to hog with the page with them, so I’ll share what I think are my highlights. There is another good analysis at <modsnip> that also breaks down MR's interview. My notes below are all from the MR uncut interview on YouTube:

Initial Conflict

Body language/Speech

I think it is admirable that you have been reading, taking notes, and are just now thoughtfully stating your theory of what happened to Dylan. I thoroughly agree with your account of what went down, if it was not pre meditated and he snapped. He had plenty of time to do whatever he had to do to get rid of ALL evidence.

However, even though I agree with Smooth and NC that statistics do not dictate what may have happened in any individual case, after reading the reasons why men kill their children, I can now see that this may have been premeditated for the following reasons:

MR Lost custody and child support of Dylan on 9/21/2012 - VERIFIED

<modsnip>.

MR only purchases enough groceries for a few days. VERIFIED

MR has no finalized plans for them on Thanksgiving. VERIFIED

MR had an appointment set up with his divorce attorney for the day after Dylan arrived. VERIFIED

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member