CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday - February 27, 2013
The Search for Dylan: The Polygraph Drama

From the title for Wednesdays show, I'm wondering if MR went ahead and decided to allow the test to proceed, and once they started asking key questions, MR stopped the test from proceeding.

I just fill had the test been completed and the results were positive, No matter what agreement was signed, leakage would have already happened.

All the above is based on MOO !!

I disagree - this is a contract with a large network I assume. I can't imagine there would not be consequences (maybe financial or something like the show being pulled?) for breaking an agreement like that. Maybe if azgrandma is around she could enlighten us further about how stringent the terms of the contract are.
:moo:

Wednesday - February 27, 2013
The Search for Dylan: The Polygraph Drama

From the title for Wednesdays show, I'm wondering if MR went ahead and decided to allow the test to proceed, and once they started asking key questions, MR stopped the test from proceeding.

I just fill had the test been completed and the results were positive, No matter what agreement was signed, leakage would have already happened.

All the above is based on MOO !!

Since it appears the whole second part is about the polygraph test, I'm thinking he probably did take it. Wasn't part of the line up someone posted upthread to include the polygraph and the results??? Can't have results if you don't have a polygraph. IMO

Are you saying that the results of the polygraph would have leaked out already...if MR had taken one?

I'm pretty sure he took one since they advertised for DirecTv that the second episode was about the polygraph and the results. IMO. However, I have heard nothing about anything leaking as far as the results go.

Yes - he said that in one interview and I can't recall the question he was responding to, if there was one audible. He wasn't exactly shouting, flailing his arms around or spitting with hatred when he said it IIRC, and as I said above, I believe it was after ER suggested he may have been involved. If that's correct I think I would have probably had a few more choice words to say than that. In every other interview I have seen, MR has made frequent statements about understanding why he is being looked at, or the natural person to blame - and has seemed genuine in the way he has said this.

As far as mentioning where she worked - I didn't think he was huffing and puffing or getting angry about that either. Again I don't recall the question that preceded it. I have thought that MR could have been nervous and blurting out things that he could well have wanted to get off his chest, and if that is what he did, then IMO he did it in a pretty even toned manner.

I've seen hundreds of nasty, abusive, threatening things said about MR in public forums, but nothing similar from his lips IMO.
When he mentioned where she worked, he rolled his eyes, sighed and his whole demeanor was how foolish Elaine was for trying to hide where she worked because-Ha-ha-he knows where she works. The point on that one is who cares if Mark knows where she works. Not relevant to the case, and he makes a big deal out of it while supposedly concerned about his missing son. Same interview, he said while "she was out earning a career ...she wasn't there bonding with Dylan the way I was". Not relevant and IMO not true. "I can only imagine that her focus is on finding someone to blame". Not relevant and accusatory. "In her eyes, I'm the last person to see him." Not just in her eyes, he IS the last person to see him, but he puts it on her.

My opinion is that he tries to make himself look good, any way he can. ETA: IN my opinion, there are a lot things he says on that MB uncut interview that are nasty and abusive. But that's me putting my life experience with people who are clandestine abusers and applying it to what I see and hear in the videos.

But, you know…uh… we’d been gone probably a couple weeks, you know… he was in a hurry to get back ‘cos he wanted to spend time with his friends. He actually wanted to come here first and spend time with his friends but we were coming in from the East and we were traveling through Colorado Springs, so I suggested to Dylan that, you know, we just contact his mom and make it so that she didn’t have to drive over here, whatever, because she was obviously starting a job at some level, which we all know was Colorado College, I mean, I don’t know Why she tries to hide that from everybody, but, apparently she doesn’t want me to know where she works. It’s not a real stumper.

That's MR's reference to ER's job in context as it appears in the transcript from the uncut interview (I just grabbed it from the Media Thread). He was discussing the latter part of their road trip, and how decisions were made about whether Dylan should be dropped back in Colorado Springs, or travel on to Vallecito with MR.

Honestly I think MR is one of those rambling talkers - I can see why those who are very suspicious of him believe he is talking in circles, but I do think that's just how he talks. It has been evident in all the clips I have seen to date. He may well be a nervous babbler on camera, or maybe talks like that all the time IDK. I sometimes feel I am heading in that direction myself when put on the spot in public! Even when posting here I do a great deal of editing and deleting before hitting the post reply button. I am blaming aging, becoming slightly addled, not enough sleep, and too much time spent reading online for my own ramblings.

I don't see how the results would leak. The only people who know them are people employed by the show, and the family. Neither of them has much to gain from leaking the results, but a lot to lose.

Are you saying that the results of the polygraph would have leaked out already...if MR had taken one?

It would seem just the way MR acts, Yes, I firmly believe he would do whatever to get the results out there.

If MR took the test, perhaps he had to agree to have results first announced on TV. Maybe he took it and does not even know how it went?

Or maybe the results are that he did not take it. Although it seems like someone did, since they seem to be having two full shows.

But we have no idea if Mark took one with Dr Phil just present for example. So then i dont get how it would leak. Also Elaine and everybody had to sign dis-closers and have stated they can not talk about what happened.

So i dont think it would of leaked. The show wants as many people to tune in as possible so they wont reveal the grand final ( so to speak)

MOO

There was talk about Dr Phil and MR being alone, it's possible no one would even be aware of the results. I would like to know how the waiver they signed is enforceable if only a single person discussed knowledge pertaining to themself.

Say MR does know the results of the test, or he decided to stop the test, or never took the test, if the results are bad, and it's positive he failed, wouldn't it be in his best interest to cause that part of the show to be cut out.

Or if its positive and he passed with zero doubt, I would think after all the negative press concerning him, something would be leaked.

This is about Dylan and finding Dylan, and bringing Dylan home safely.
If there's anything concerning that test that can either move past him and concentrate in another direction, or further concentrate on him in resolving ths case, having to wait 5 days words just can't describe being helpless and unable to know where to search, or what we can do to help Dylan.

When he mentioned where she worked, he rolled his eyes, sighed and his whole demeanor was how foolish Elaine was for trying to hide where she worked because-Ha-ha-he knows where she works. The point on that one is who cares if Mark knows where she works. Not relevant to the case, and he makes a big deal out of it while supposedly concerned about his missing son. Same interview, he said while "she was out earning a career ...she wasn't there bonding with Dylan the way I was". Not relevant and IMO not true. "I can only imagine that her focus is on finding someone to blame". Not relevant and accusatory. "In her eyes, I'm the last person to see him." Not just in her eyes, he IS the last person to see him, but he puts it on her.

My opinion is that he tries to make himself look good, any way he can. ETA: IN my opinion, there are a lot things he says on that MB uncut interview that are nasty and abusive. But that's me putting my life experience with people who are clandestine abusers and applying it to what I see and hear in the videos.

You may well be right about MR trying to make himself look good. But this case has been played out in public like this since the beginning - warts and all criticism of flaws and misdeeds, and without doubt IMO MR has been on the receiving end of most of it. His appearance, mannerisms, speech patterns, actions, employment, finances, relationships or lack of ... literally everything about him has IMO been fodder for those who believe implicitly in his guilt.

I don't know if he is guilty or not, but I do know that I haven't seen enough to make me so convinced that there is no other possible ending to this sad story.

Drifting off on a tanget now ... so none of the following is specifically directed at you Ghostwheel :)

IMO you also wouldn't have to look to far on these threads to find many of us who also have personal experience with abusive family members or loved ones. I have briefly mentioned my personal history here previously - if you had asked me years ago if my father was capable of harming any of us in a fit of rage I would say most definitely - his mates would have never believed it though. I carried that fear with me well into adulthood - I lived on the opposite side of the planet for a while and a call from my mum about threats to her and my young sister would have me in tears. None of us know where he is now, or even if he is still alive. He has never met any of his grandchildren, or even seen my sister as an adult. Sad, but at the same time kind of a relief.

So ... sitting on the fence or seeing other possibilities is nothing to do with living in la-la land or being naive or stupid. There just isn't enough solid factual information to so firmly have that mindset.

And a very big MOO to conclude! :)

I don't see how the results would leak. The only people who know them are people employed by the show, and the family. Neither of them has much to gain from leaking the results, but a lot to lose.

Yeh, I don't get it either. I have to wonder if the family was even told the results or whether that second day is after the rest of them left.

I'm sure if they knew he failed or it was inconclusive again, they'd spill the beans. It's not like it isn't the first time one of them told what the results were of a poly MR had taken.

If MR took the test, perhaps he had to agree to have results first announced on TV. Maybe he took it and does not even know how it went?

Or maybe the results are that he did not take it. Although it seems like someone did, since they seem to be having two full shows.
I am intrigued because the second show's description not "The polygraph results" but "Did he take the polygraph". Once again, sensationalism at it's best...At least I can see part of it on the Dr. Phil website (whoever made that site is either really bad at making easy load sites or just wants you to sit there for 10 minutes while the banners and ads scroll and the video buffers).

Since it appears the whole second part is about the polygraph test, I'm thinking he probably did take it. Wasn't part of the line up someone posted upthread to include the polygraph and the results??? Can't have results if you don't have a polygraph. IMO

I know the way tv shows are edited can really be deceiving at times. Could the reference to the polygraph test be the first one Law Enforcement conducted, I'm sure there was talk concerning the outcome.

I guess once Tuesday rolls around and they show the following days show with MR hooked up to the machine, it's going to be an intense 24 hours waiting.

Am really on a roll here ... a bit of time on my hands for a change! :) People often mention MR's follow up polygraph with LE - usually with some doubt about him following through. Surely if LE wanted him to take a second polygraph, it is they who would be following up?? I don't know that any person of interest, or member of the public in general would be banging on the station door demanding a poly? If LE have indeed been trying to set one up, and MR has been evasive, then maybe we would be hearing statements to that effect?
I have also felt that LE would be hauling MR back in for further questioning if all the perceived 'inconsistencies' in interviews were in fact a concern? Surely if his stories were not matching with whatever he has told LE previously there would be some immediate action or attempt to reconfirm the facts. IMO we just don't know half of the details MR gave to LE - the moment by moment events of that evening.

You may well be right about MR trying to make himself look good. But this case has been played out in public like this since the beginning - warts and all criticism of flaws and misdeeds, and without doubt IMO MR has been on the receiving end of most of it. His appearance, mannerisms, speech patterns, actions, employment, finances, relationships or lack of ... literally everything about him has IMO been fodder for those who believe implicitly in his guilt.

I don't know if he is guilty or not, but I do know that I haven't seen enough to make me so convinced that there is no other possible ending to this sad story.

Drifting off on a tanget now ... so none of the following is specifically directed at you Ghostwheel :)

IMO you also wouldn't have to look to far on these threads to find many of us who also have personal experience with abusive family members or loved ones. I have briefly mentioned my personal history here previously - if you had asked me years ago if my father was capable of harming any of us in a fit of rage I would say most definitely - his mates would have never believed it though. I carried that fear with me well into adulthood - I lived on the opposite side of the planet for a while and a call from my mum about threats to her and my young sister would have me in tears. None of us know where he is now, or even if he is still alive. He has never met any of his grandchildren, or even seen my sister as an adult. Sad, but at the same time kind of a relief.

So ... sitting on the fence or seeing other possibilities is nothing to do with living in la-la land or being naive or stupid. There just isn't enough solid factual information to so firmly have that mindset.

And a very big MOO to conclude! :)
My point is that I see a lot of people saying that MR doesn't say nasty things, but he does. He even disparages Dylan ("Who knows what goes on in a 13 year old's head?"). I am not convinced one way or the other. I also cannot turn a blind eye to what I consider extremely poor word choices on Mark's part. I don't care what he looks like or whether he gets child support or if he had sex in front of anyone's window. I care that Mark tries to make Elaine and Cory and even Dylan look like less with his words, so he can look like more. He does himself a disservice.

Been reading up on Dylan's case. Nothing sits right with me. I need to do further reading before providing my own input but thank you for keeping this case alive on Websleuths, many of us want answers, Dylan is the victim here and I feel so bad for this poor young boy. The Dr Phil airing will be interesting.

Genuine question here.

I'm in UK, so your legal system is different to ours and I can't believe we'd allow tv shows to do lie detector tests on people involved in a criminal investigation (even as victims).

As far as I am aware, a lie detector isn't magic and results aren't 100% perfect. So, you can pass one even if you are lying, and fail one if telling the truth, correct?

So, if MR failed a lie detector test on this tv show, and was later put on trial in connection to Dylan's disappearance, is there any chance whatsoever he could get a fair trial?

Whilst I understand people saying that going on Dr Phil will help get Dylan's story out there, personally I'm very uncomfortable with it. For me, it appears to be more about making entertainment out of peoples' trauma.

And is there really any place for lie detectors on national tv? They have been cheapened in my opinion, when used to prove or disprove paternity cases on trashy tv shows.

To have the family of a missing kid take one on a tv show .... well, I can't get my head around it. Trial by media in a whole new way.

Genuine question here.

I'm in UK, so your legal system is different to ours and I can't believe we'd allow tv shows to do lie detector tests on people involved in a criminal investigation (even as victims).

As far as I am aware, a lie detector isn't magic and results aren't 100% perfect. So, you can pass one even if you are lying, and fail one if telling the truth, correct?

So, if MR failed a lie detector test on this tv show, and was later put on trial in connection to Dylan's disappearance, is there any chance whatsoever he could get a fair trial?

Whilst I understand people saying that going on Dr Phil will help get Dylan's story out there, personally I'm very uncomfortable with it. For me, it appears to be more about making entertainment out of peoples' trauma.

And is there really any place for lie detectors on national tv? They have been cheapened in my opinion, when used to prove or disprove paternity cases on trashy tv shows.

To have the family of a missing kid take one on a tv show .... well, I can't get my head around it. Trial by media in a whole new way.

It's a catch 22 as its now been over 3 months and most of the time Elaine is being ignored by the media and so they make 100 phone calls and they are lucky if they hear back from 1'or 2 people .. ( a example )

So when Dr Phil comes knocking I don't think they have any other option than to take it as its better than nothing IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3