CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't shake this case. I woke up 4 or 5 times last night and each time I thought about Dylan and I thought about where he is or where he could be. I want this child found so bad. Just thinking about him missing and what could have happened to him brings me to tears.

I don't know what happened to him. I don't know where he is. I'm not going to pretend to know and I'm all but done speculating about it. I choose to believe that Dylan is alive. I don't even want to think of the alternative.

I guess we wait, wait for something to happen, something to be found. I dunno anymore. It hurts my heart to read the scenerios of him being dead. I can't even imagine what his family is going through. IMO

“We’re assuming at this point – it may be Dylan – eluded searchers,” he said. “We’re leaning toward his being a runaway.”

One of the sightings turned out to be a jogger; the other sighting may have been the same jogger or Dylan.
SBM

First article was dated 11/20, the day after Dylan went missing. By 11/26, LE had ruled out runaway. [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8609040&postcount=41"]link[/ame]

FYI for all, I noted the post compiling all LE statements that there've been no confirmed sightings of Dylan in the tags below the thread. :)

I'm not sure how many sex offenders we are talking here but how many of them would target a young boy? Just because they are a RSO doesn't mean every child is at risk. They each have their own preferences. My BIL had to register as a SO because he had sex with his wife when she was passed out and she charged him. He wouldn't have touched young boys. Is there any way of finding out what the RSO's in the close vicinity were charged with?

The closest, the one who lives down at the campground, is Ronald Ralph Simpson. Child *advertiser censored*. I know offhand because I've had his name and date of birth on a sticky note on my computer for months.

What on earth....??? Why do you have the idea that "joggers" ran away from "searchers"? Where is that coming from? Who ran away? I didn't see anything, anywhere about anyone running away from any searchers. Just reported "sightings" that could "possibly" be Dylan...which is very common in missing person cases.

I read one article that it was a jogger running and ran off into the trees that someone saw and thought was Dylan.

I can't shake this case. I woke up 4 or 5 times last night and each time I thought about Dylan and I thought about where he is or where he could be. I want this child found so bad. Just thinking about him missing and what could have happened to him brings me to tears.

I don't know what happened to him. I don't know where he is. I'm not going to pretend to know and I'm all but done speculating about it. I choose to believe that Dylan is alive. I don't even want to think of the alternative.

I guess we wait, wait for something to happen, something to be found. I dunno anymore. It hurts my heart to read the scenerios of him being dead. I can't even imagine what his family is going through. IMO

Really? And I'm honestly not trying to be snarky, but you must be new to this. There are sooooo many missing babies/kids cases that have never been resolved, it would make you sick if you looked into it. Many have an unnamed suspect and plenty of circumstantial evidence that points a finger directly at that person....but no arrest. It is life...sadly. More people should be aware of how common it actually is.

Just to flesh out the discussion regarding cell phone signal at MR's house or in the vicinity, not only can it depend on what carrier you are using, but also what device is being used, what type of cell signal it is trying to find (3G vs. 4G, for example), and what function you are using with the device. For instance when I am in the Black Rock Desert of Nevada every August, I can reliably text another Verizon subscriber (my carrier) but I can't make a call to that same subscriber. No other carrier has coverage out there and even with Verizon sometimes the texting is spotty.

Also, if a device is constantly searching to find a signal, the battery will deplete sooner and as the power is dwindling, the device's signal searching capabilities will also be diminished.

My point is that it's possible that Dylan's phone could not reliably make or receive calls from his dad's house but would still be able to send and receive texts.

I read one article that it was a jogger running and ran off into the trees that someone saw and thought was Dylan.

Yeah, Clu or someone did mention that. I must have missed that one, but really, if LE ruled that incident out, I probably did as well because it's just too simple to not have been done. Kind of a LE 101 exercise, LOL!

The mail lady reported she saw 2 boys walking. The mail lady was not a "searcher".
There was also a report that someone spotted another boy that was later described as looking similar to Dylan. Not reported by a "searcher".
I never saw any reports that anyone "ran away". Got a link?

All sightings have been checked and ruled out per LE.
Here's one blip about it....

Afternoon: Two rescue workers think they may have seen Dylan on two separate occasions but say he fled into the forest. One of the sightings turned out to be a jogger; the other sighting may have been the same jogger or Dylan.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20...PAGE/Timeline-of-events-in-Dylan-Redwine-case

SBM

A post said Elaine had stated it was old, which isn't accurate but has been repeated previously, so the quote and transcript were provided.

The use of the words "kind of outgrew" also does not necessarily indicate the age of the phone, or how long he'd had it. For example, last year I bought my son a pair of pants. He had a growth spurt and outgrew them 1 month later. The pants were new and in great shape, he hadn't had them long, but they were quickly too short.

Dylan outgrowing the phone could mean he'd been given a flip phone initially, but given his texting and interests, a smart phone was a better fit; ie, he'd outgrown the capabilities of the phone. For example, my hubby prefers a flip phone with the fewest extras possible. He texts very rarely, but finds it irritating that, depending on the letter he's typing, he has to hit the same button up to 3 times to "get to" the letter he's trying to type. So, it's possible Dylan got his flip phone in Nov, dove into avidly texting, and quickly wanted a smart phone for that, and to have one gadget w better texting, iTunes, etc rather than the flip
phone and an iPod.

Moo

BBM - I agree, outgrown the capabilities and even perhaps the phone plan.

I bought my grandson a smiley phone (yes I thought the name was cute and that is why I bought it) it's his first phone and he is enjoying it, but as soon as he figures out more of the texting & calling, he will have outgrown his cute little smiley phone. Then gma will cry all the way to the store to get him a bigger kid phone :(

Oh you mean like spread ashes after a cremation? Would an HRD dog alert to that? I know there are some detectable pieces left in the ashes when they give them back to you, maybe the dogs could hit on that?

I thought that was how they trained them! with ashes!

My point is that it's possible that Dylan's phone could not reliably make or receive calls from his dad's house but would still be able to send and receive texts.

SBM. That's what Elaine said some time ago. Calls worked sometimes; texts always did, or something to that effect. Link's in one of these threads...

Moo

IMO Men like this go after weak women that can be controlled and manipulated. It's strong women that leave men like this.

Strong women and women who just become exhausted! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Really? And I'm honestly not trying to be snarky, but you must be new to this. There are sooooo many missing babies/kids cases that have never been resolved, it would make you sick if you looked into it. Many have an unnamed suspect and plenty of circumstantial evidence that points a finger directly at that person....but no arrest. It is life...sadly. More people should be aware of how common it actually is.

Also look at all the wives and girlfriends that are missing!

A water search dog is trained to detect human scent that is in or under the water, focusing on the scent of the bodily gases that rise up. As a team, the handler and dog usually work in a boat or along the shoreline. Because of currents and general changes in the water, it can be hard to pinpoint the location of a body. To enhance the chance of location, a diver should be ready to search as soon as the dog indicates. Additional teams, unaware of the previous teams' findings, work independently to indicate a location. This allows team members to determine the most likely location of the body.
BBM link

We've seen the gases info before here. Being trained to specifically alert on the gases would eliminate a false alert on cremated ashes scattered, IMO.

On Wednesday, Bender said several TV stations had called the Sheriff's Office about a rumor that Dylan's body had been found.

The rumor originated on the “Find Missing Dylan Redwine” Facebook page, with a posting that said cadaver dogs hired by the Redwines “obviously think there is a cadaver in the lake.”

Bender said the dogs had been wrong before, and Dylan remained officially at large.
link

This portion of this article doesn't trouble me. Sounds like the reporters jumped from cadaver dog hits to Dylan being found, in error. The last sentence is paraphrased, not a quote. Given the context, seems all he's saying is no, Dylan hasn't been found yet, and previous hits didn't result in him being found, so stop jumping the gun, mediamongers!

Moo

Well so much for the idea that LE Is playing a waiting game. From Dr Phil's webpage regarding pt. 2 of the show:

http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/1990/

"Sheriff's Department Statement
The La Plata County Sheriff's Department has issued the following statement regarding the investigation into Dylan's disappearance:

“The investigation for locating Dylan Redwine is still open, ongoing, and active. We’ve even had investigators from out of state, this week, following up on tips. The frustrating part is that we are not much farther along than where we were early on in the investigation, because of the total lack of clues left behind. It has been a criminal investigation from the first evening Dylan was reported missing. Within the first few days, we were working closely with the FBI and within the first week, we assembled a task force comprised of local, state and federal agencies. This task force is still currently in place and pursuing the investigation. We have not identified anyone as a person of interest or as a suspect during the entire investigation.”

BBM

Well so much for the idea that LE Is playing a waiting game. From Dr Phil's webpage regarding pt. 2 of the show:

http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/1990/

"Sheriff's Department Statement
The La Plata County Sheriff's Department has issued the following statement regarding the investigation into Dylan's disappearance:

“The investigation for locating Dylan Redwine is still open, ongoing, and active. We’ve even had investigators from out of state, this week, following up on tips. The frustrating part is that we are not much farther along than where we were early on in the investigation, because of the total lack of clues left behind. It has been a criminal investigation from the first evening Dylan was reported missing. Within the first few days, we were working closely with the FBI and within the first week, we assembled a task force comprised of local, state and federal agencies. This task force is still currently in place and pursuing the investigation. We have not identified anyone as a person of interest or as a suspect during the entire investigation.”

BBM

This statement was from before the taping, so maybe they picked up some clues, who knows.

the most important news to come from all of this IMO is from investigators --

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/02/...d-continues-to-devote-many-resources-to-case/

Investigators say they have a wealth of evidence, but still no leads and no named suspect.

“We have gathered so many little pieces of evidence, it’s kind of like a jigsaw puzzle and now you’re just looking for that one piece to bring everything together,” Bender said.

A wealth of evidence is a good thing!! IMO, the one piece they're still hoping to find...is Dylan.

This is dated after the Dr Phil Show.

I wonder if she is really an Ex or they are just saying that,
Mark did say We picked him up at the airport.

I thought about that as well, this is what made me change that...........
If it was a "we" that picked up Dylan at that airport, then why hasn't the other half of the "we" come forward and say, yeah WE watch this show, WE threw the football around, WE went to bed at this time and WE woke up at this time.

The missing half of a we could've cleared up everything from day one and LE could move on with the investigation.

All IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member