CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, MR's claim that he was texting Dylan to find out what to purchase, since it's a long way to Durango or Bayfield doesn't exactly add up-consider that MR was supposed to drive Dylan to Bayfield after he came home from his errands.
Why didn't he wait to ask him in peson and then make purchases while in Bayfield?

Dan Bender is the sheriffs office spokesman. He needs to do a better job of getting accurate information out to the public. I don't think that it's all the medias fault that things like HRD dogs are maybe alerting to dead deer or brush are ending up in MSM articles.

I'm not sure if the all of those dogs are wrong at this point and I'm not sure why Dan Bender seems to think so. MOO.

The post you referenced wasn't associated with/irt an article where Bender said anything about deer or brush.

The post you referenced wasn't associated with/irt an article where Bender said anything about deer or brush.

Yes, I know that. I added those things to make a point in my post.

Yes, MR's claim that he was texting Dylan to find out what to purchase, since it's a long way to Durango or Bayfield doesn't exactly add up-consider that MR was supposed to drive Dylan to Bayfield after he came home from his errands.
Why didn't he wait to ask him in peson and then make purchases while in Bayfield?

I thought the Walmart store was in Durango, not Bayfield.

Now, I've just realised something quite odd. We have all been saying things along the lines of "there was no need for Dylan to make his own way to his friends, as MR was coming back to give him a lift" and "why not buy what they needed on their way to dropping Dylan off" and we've all been doing the same thing - taking this arrangement as fact.

We've all just taken as gospel that MR said he told Dylan he'd be back to drop him off with his friends. And yet everything else he has said, has been disbelieved!!

So........ what if that isn't true. What if MR actually said "and when I get back from doing my chores, we're doing something together. I didn't pay all this money for you to come here just to disappear with your friends"? If that was the case, then Dylan could well have waited till MR left, then packed his bag with all his stuff and tried to hitch to his friends house. He'd have taken everything, as he had no intention of spending his week stuck at home with boring dad.

Or perhaps MR didn't really try to wake Dylan up. Maybe he thought that Dylan needed the sleep, and that he'd leave him and go off on his own to do his payroll stuff and intended to drive Dylan when he got back. But Dylan woke up, realised that he'd missed his lift, got angry and decided to go himself. MR doesn't want to admit he spoiled the plans Dylan made, as it might make him look mean, so he makes up the story about trying to wake him up and promising to drive him later.

With both of these scenarios, Dylan could well have avoided people - and hidden - if he didn't want Mark to find him and make him go home. He wasn't running away exactly, he was making his way to see his friends against his dad's wishes?

And as MR has bent the truth, saying he tried to wake Dylan up, then he wouldn't want to take a polygraph as he knows it would show that he wasn't telling the truth... even though he didn't actually hurt Dylan.

When is the current search suppose to end??? They said they'd be there for about 2 weeks. I just have so many mixed emotions about them finding something. In one way I want them not to find anything because if they do, then Dylan is probably dead, on the other hand, if they don't find anything, the family can't get closure and move forward if he is. kwim? This is just heartbreaking.

Now, I've just realised something quite odd. We have all been saying things along the lines of "there was no need for Dylan to make his own way to his friends, as MR was coming back to give him a lift" and "why not buy what they needed on their way to dropping Dylan off" and we've all been doing the same thing - taking this arrangement as fact.

We've all just taken as gospel that MR said he told Dylan he'd be back to drop him off with his friends. And yet everything else he has said, has been disbelieved!!

So........ what if that isn't true. What if MR actually said "and when I get back from doing my chores, we're doing something together. I didn't pay all this money for you to come here just to disappear with your friends"? If that was the case, then Dylan could well have waited till MR left, then packed his bag with all his stuff and tried to hitch to his friends house. He'd have taken everything, as he had no intention of spending his week stuck at home with boring dad.

Or perhaps MR didn't really try to wake Dylan up. Maybe he thought that Dylan needed the sleep, and that he'd leave him and go off on his own to do his payroll stuff and intended to drive Dylan when he got back. But Dylan woke up, realised that he'd missed his lift, got angry and decided to go himself. MR doesn't want to admit he spoiled the plans Dylan made, as it might make him look mean, so he makes up the story about trying to wake him up and promising to drive him later.

With both of these scenarios, Dylan could well have avoided people - and hidden - if he didn't want Mark to find him and make him go home. He wasn't running away exactly, he was making his way to see his friends against his dad's wishes?

And as MR has bent the truth, saying he tried to wake Dylan up, then he wouldn't want to take a polygraph as he knows it would show that he wasn't telling the truth... even though he didn't actually hurt Dylan.

This is a brilliant post and thought process. It had never occurred to me, but it certainly sounds very logical.

When is the current search suppose to end??? They said they'd be there for about 2 weeks. I just have so many mixed emotions about them finding something. In one way I want them not to find anything because if they do, then Dylan is probably dead, on the other hand, if they don't find anything, the family can't get closure and move forward if he is. kwim? This is just heartbreaking.

The K-9s are back in NM. Said to return "in a few weeks." No current search underway. :sigh:

<snipped>

It's time to either send in a dive team or ROV, immediately. I would trust Kessinger's opinion on this - someone is very likely down there and they need to be recovered.
A ROV would obviously be terrific.

With the School of Mines, Univ of Colorado, and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration all located in the Denver area...it seems a safe bet that at least one of those institutions would have some kind of remote viewing device that could be used to look around under a frozen lake.

I'm right there with you . I think I would rather him never be found than found dead and I know that's unfair to the family but I'm just an outsider looking in. I cannot imagine being the mother and thinking I want him found either way just so I know ! And knowing that the greater probability is that he is not to be found alive :( So very sad for everyone involved.

Yes, I know that. I added those things to make a point in my post.

Just wanted to make sure that was clear. :cheers:

IF Bender said anything about brush irt the cadaver dog hits, then he's either ill-informed or intentionally obfuscating. Without a direct quote or video of Bender saying it, I'm far less inclined to take Jeff Todd's word for it. He did a terrible job on Mark's interview, and although he had these tapes two weeks ago, he only showed Bender talking with no audio, and did not convey what Bender said until now. So, not sure if this report is accurate, or if it's something Bender said two weeks ago about the Nov hits, or recently about the new hits. (And, as pointed out previously, Mark didn't bring K9 Forensics in. It'd have taken little effort to fact check that.)

ETA: In fact, the video does NOT even say Bender made the brush comment. It just says "investigators".

Moo

I'm right there with you . I think I would rather him never be found than found dead and I know that's unfair to the family but I'm just an outsider looking in. I cannot imagine being the mother and thinking I want him found either way just so I know ! And knowing that the greater probability is that he is not to be found alive :( So very sad for everyone involved.

If Dylan is dead then he needs to be found . By not finding him it does not change the fact he is dead . And his family will still suffer no matter what so its better to at least know the truth .

:cow:

If this is what Mark did and refused to let his son go see his friends he should have been concerned whem he got home and his son wasnt there.

I cant make excuses for this man!

jmo

If Dylan is dead then he needs to be found . By not finding him it does not change the fact he is dead . And his family will still suffer no matter what so its better to at least know the truth .

:cow:

I understand this :( The whole thing just blows.

http://www.pinerivertimes.com/

Today is Friday so I'm confused. Did it mean on Friday's newpaper article? Or on Dr Phils Friday episode? I thought episode was a strange word for the pine river times. I wanted to hear about a follow up with CR / ER and dr Phil ! Anyone know ?

I'm watching it right now and so far there has been no followup to Dylan's story.

ETA five or so minutes left and still no mention. I did miss the first three minutes, tbh.

Dan Bender is the sheriffs office spokesman. He needs to do a better job of getting accurate information out to the public. I don't think that it's all the medias fault that things like HRD dogs are maybe alerting to dead deer or brush are ending up in MSM articles.

I'm not sure if the all of those dogs are wrong at this point and I'm not sure why Dan Bender seems to think so. MOO.

Have you read the recent news articles about K-9 Forensics/Wendy Kessinger and the Salle case? I've been reading through them. You might want to check them out. I'm starting to understand what the problem may be here.

I know her dogs aren't certified in Colorado, but does anybody know if Wendy Kessinger is licensed as a P.I. in Colorado? Did she come to work on Dylan's case as a P.I.?

Just wanted to make sure that was clear. :cheers:

IF Bender said anything about brush irt the cadaver dog hits, then he's either ill-informed or intentionally obfuscating. Without a direct quote or video of Bender saying it, I'm far less inclined to take Jeff Todd's word for it. He did a terrible job on Mark's interview, and although he had these tapes two weeks ago, he only showed Bender talking with no audio, and did not convey what Bender said until now. So, not sure if this report is accurate, or if it's something Bender said two weeks ago about the Nov hits, or recently about the new hits.

In fact, the video does NOT even say Bender made the brush comment. It just says "investigators".

Moo

I would lean towards poor reporting if it was only one instance of LE trying to deflect/dismiss the HRD dog alerts. But we have the dead deer/elk comment, the brush comment, and now the dogs were wrong before comment.

I see a pattern and I find it interesting because I see no obvious reason for LE to take this stance on the HRD dog alerts. MOO.

If this is what Mark did and refused to let his son go see his friends he should have been concerned whem he got home and his son wasnt there.

I cant make excuses for this man!

jmo

Silly lady! Mark thinks his son's angry and upset, and nowhere to be found. Clearly that's nap time! ;)

J/k :hug: thanks for how you've persevered on Dylan's threads, btw.

I would really like to believe that MR could have someone hiding Dylan, and am serious about anyone who believes this scenario to ask who and how they think this could be done. I do not get the impression MR has a lot of money. He would have to be providing for Dylan's upkeep and presumably for someone to stay with him, as I would think with a kid his age, he could not be left alone for fear of escape, so this person would likely not be able to keep a job. This sounds like a pretty expensive operation to me.

And I still can't figure out the ultimate motive. To go to all the trouble and planning this would entail, it is impossible for me to believe that the "end game" was never discussed. MR may be a lot of things, but I do not think he is insane.

Ok we who have been on here for a while have listed several motives at different times. The issue is most normal people do not think like a child killer or murderous parent THANK GOD but if you stay on websleuths long enough or enter the mental health or law enforcement field you will start to see spousal revenge, child support, custody change and divorce as motives and MR has all of those motives. Just because you don't yet feel it doesn't mean it isn't so. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro