CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick anecdote about polygraphs. I've taken probably 20 or so (for experimental and not criminal purposes) and I've never passed one. They've either indicated deception or were inconclusive. This is attributed to a general internal angst and underlying anxiety that I have as a personality trait. My physiology is not consistent enough to yield favorable results. Just food for thought. Not justifying MR's decision at all. I would've taken it regardless of the outcome because in that situation I'm damned if I do damned if I don't.

I've worked in a pharmacy for 7 years now and the idea of a medication that makes MR behave the way he did on the show is just that, an idea. Sure he could be on an antidepressant or tranquilizer but those only reduce the anxiety and sadness. They don't prevent someone from being upset/sad about their missing son.

If MR was on a drug like Seroquel or Xypreza it could be different. But his actions do not show me a schizophrenic or someone with similar traits. MR just seems like a regular smug person who is self centered.

Excuse my typos as its from my phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BBM. My experience with antidepressants indicates otherwise. I've been on antidepressants before that made me very flat affected. Not sad, not really happy, just there.

For that reason, I stay away from antidepressants as I don't like how they ultimately make me feel. With following along with this case, I've occasionally wondered how I would have come across if my child had gone missing in that time I was on them. I would have seemed very uncaring.

BBM: Sometimes a thank you isn't enough! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

You're welcome. It just floors me that Mark's refusals... 3 of them... would be laid at Dr. Phil's feet. Good grief, both men all but stood on their heads to accommodate him and he screwed up. What more can be said??

I gave Mark every benefit of the doubt before those shows aired, but he is not looking too good in my eyes right now.

How Mark conducted himself on the show is far more important and insightful IMO than how Dr Phil did. That's why the FB pages for Dylan are blowing up and many have fallen off the fence. He deflected, blamed, avoided, accused, and sabotaged. Not the actions of an innocent, concerned father of a missing boy, IMO.

Cory was right on when he refused to accept Mark's blame over Mark's own lack of attendance at Dylan events, fundraising etc.

Mark blamed both exwives, Cory, Trimarco, Dr Phil, LE, and the first polygrapher for his behavior/outcomes. Not buying into the deflection, but the desperation is noted.

Moo

If LE has not told the family who the two boys walking down the road are, then who determined that one of the boys looks just like Dylan? Just curious since it apparently was not the family that decided that.

Would it be the same person that thinks HRD dogs hit on brush in the water?

Mark doesn't have an overall flat affect, IMO. The anger and frustration, even self-pity, are readily apparent. And he was clearly an emotional mess the morning of the poly.

He just doesn't seem concerned about Dylan. Or concerned that Cory's hurting.

Moo

How Mark conducted himself on the show is far more important and insightful IMO than how Dr Phil did. That's why the FB pages for Dylan are blowing up and many have fallen off the fence. He deflected, blamed, avoided, accused, and sabotaged. Not the actions of an innocent, concerned father of a missing boy, IMO.

Cory was right on when he refused to accept Mark's blame over Mark's own lack of attendance at Dylan events, fundraising etc.

Mark blamed both exwives, Cory, Trimarco, Dr Phil, LE, and the first polygrapher for his behavior/outcomes. Not buying into the deflection, but the desperation is noted.

Moo

BBM It's what knocked me off the fence.

I had my 3 kids watch a few clips of MR speaking, denying, deflecting, etc. I gave no information to them and did not give them my opinion. My 11 yr old daughter immediately said "he's lying." My sons, 13 and 15 agreed with her. His demeanor told a story of deception among other things that was apparent to even an 11 yr old girl, who rarely sees bad in anyone.

I cannot believe people are using this as a forum to talk about Phil McGraw's possible inadequacies, when it is pretty clear he was going through hoops to try to accommodate MR. When he said there must be something wrong with MR, if he is innocent, I agreed with him as a person,not even thinking of it as a diagnosis. It was the most obvious thing said on the entire show.

Apparently not OT? This is from wikipedia so you can draw your own conclusions as to whether you trust wikipedia:

The Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists determined on October 21, 1988, that McGraw had hired a former patient for "part-time temporary employment".[13] Specifically, the Board cited "a possible failure to provide proper separation between termination of therapy and the initiation of employment"[14] and issued a letter of reprimand and imposed administrative penalties.[15] The Board also investigated claims made by the patient of inappropriate contact initiated by McGraw, but the "Findings of Fact" document issued by the Board on October 21, 1988, at the end of its investigation, includes no reference to any physical contact of any kind. It specifically identified "the therapeutic and business relationships" as constituting McGraw's sole issue with the Board.[15] McGraw fulfilled all terms of the Board's requirements, and the Board closed its complaint file in June, 1990.[16]

In 1990, McGraw joined lawyer Gary Dobbs in co-founding Courtroom Sciences, Inc. (CSI), a trial consulting firm through which McGraw later came into contact with Oprah Winfrey.[17] Eventually, CSI became a profitable enterprise, advising Fortune 500 companies and injured plaintiffs alike in achieving settlements. McGraw is no longer an officer or director of the company.[17]

After starting CSI, McGraw ceased the practice of psychology. He maintained his license current and in good standing until he elected to retire it 15 years later in 2006.[18] Appearing on the Today Show in January 2008, McGraw said that he has made it "very clear" that his current work does not involve the practice of psychology. He also said that he had "retired from psychology".[19] According to the Today Show, the California Board of Psychology determined in 2002 that he did not require a license because his show involves "entertainment" rather than psychology.[19] McGraw's license is currently listed by the Texas State Board of Psychology as "retired" and he holds no other active licenses to practice in any other state.[20]

MR:
I’m not a violent person. Anybody that knows me will tell you the same thing.

I guess Elaine, Cory, AzG, AzG's son, the neighbor, LE, and court officials involved in the menacing case aren't included in "anybody". :dunno:

After several days of reading each and every post on ws and enough on fb until I puked I wanted to add some thought for anyone that wondered or still wonders why the DP show was done in the first place.

It was not to bash MR, that is an absolute without a doubt statement that I can make with all honesty. Regardless of whether or not it is believed, that is up to each person to determine for themselves.

I did not do it FOR Elaine and I did not do it AGAINST Mark. I did it for Dylan, Cory and my children. I know my son, his reasons were the exact same as mine.

Simple answer is in the numbers.
>More tips have been given in the past two days.
>The FMDR fb page has more than doubled, that means more than twice as many people are now aware of Dylan.
>The media has been all over this, there are more articles on Dylan in the past couple days than there have been in a month. Reporters that didn't want to do the story are now calling.
>Dylan is getting the media that he deserves, good/bad/indifferent people are talking.

Here's some other info that has been asked here and abroad (meaning other sites - haha)
Nobody was compensated to appear on the show.

I can tell of the hours that I personally gave up for this show. It was a minimum of 35 hours, just from me. Each person gave of their own time and I respect each person for doing that. This show was not thrown together and it was very much researched prior to even stepping foot on the stage.

Each of us was aware that we would collectively and individually be judged by many and that there would be some very harsh comments (sadly many of them were here prior to the show but I have gotten past that - almost) made about each of us. It's not easy going on national tv knowing that you will be torn to shreds by others. Each of us knew that going in, we knew it going out and know it still today.

I won't speak for anyone else, only myself. I would do it again in a heartbeat if it meant that one more newspaper would publish a story about Dylan. Doing nothing was not an option. The knowledge gained from all the information that wasn't shown and what was shown is knowledge that can't be taken away. Regardless of opinions that answers were not received, they were answered.

Apparently not OT? This is from wikipedia so you can draw your own conclusions as to whether you trust wikipedia:

The Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists determined on October 21, 1988, that McGraw had hired a former patient for "part-time temporary employment".[13] Specifically, the Board cited "a possible failure to provide proper separation between termination of therapy and the initiation of employment"[14] and issued a letter of reprimand and imposed administrative penalties.[15] The Board also investigated claims made by the patient of inappropriate contact initiated by McGraw, but the "Findings of Fact" document issued by the Board on October 21, 1988, at the end of its investigation, includes no reference to any physical contact of any kind. It specifically identified "the therapeutic and business relationships" as constituting McGraw's sole issue with the Board.[15] McGraw fulfilled all terms of the Board's requirements, and the Board closed its complaint file in June, 1990.[16]

In 1990, McGraw joined lawyer Gary Dobbs in co-founding Courtroom Sciences, Inc. (CSI), a trial consulting firm through which McGraw later came into contact with Oprah Winfrey.[17] Eventually, CSI became a profitable enterprise, advising Fortune 500 companies and injured plaintiffs alike in achieving settlements. McGraw is no longer an officer or director of the company.[17]

After starting CSI, McGraw ceased the practice of psychology. He maintained his license current and in good standing until he elected to retire it 15 years later in 2006.[18] Appearing on the Today Show in January 2008, McGraw said that he has made it "very clear" that his current work does not involve the practice of psychology. He also said that he had "retired from psychology".[19] According to the Today Show, the California Board of Psychology determined in 2002 that he did not require a license because his show involves "entertainment" rather than psychology.[19] McGraw's license is currently listed by the Texas State Board of Psychology as "retired" and he holds no other active licenses to practice in any other state.[20]

Thank you! BBM: Dr. Phil is a retired psychologist. I probably should have looked up the facts about 20 pages ago...would have saved me a lot of time! :great:

ETA: BBM, And he held his license in GOOD STANDING UNTIL 2006! Not exactly a "long time" out of the field, IMO

I cannot believe people are using this as a forum to talk about Phil McGraw's possible inadequacies, when it is pretty clear he was going through hoops to try to accommodate MR. When he said there must be something wrong with MR, if he is innocent, I agreed with him as a person,not even thinking of it as a diagnosis. It was the most obvious thing said on the entire show.

If Dr. Phil has the professional acumen and level of introspection that many seem to think, then I believe that even he would not be satisfied with how he dealt with MR. He let his emotions get the best of him. We all do it, but when we do our judgment gets clouded and we aren't as efficient at what we set out to do. Yes, folks can get a bit unhinged sometimes when they are trying to get someone to respond the way they want them to, but he should've known better if his prior line of work taught him anything. That's all I'm saying and I'll end it there.

Azgrnadma, everything you say makes perfect sense.

I hope that somehow, the right tip comes in, if in fact there is someone on this earth other than MR who knows where Dylan is. But I do not have a lot of confidence in tips phoned in after a TV show, just from following other cases. Still, don't go by me, I am a pessimist and a cynic, lol.

It could not have been easy for any of you, as you say, knowing that thousands of people who have never met you would be judging you and posting their (often misspellled and gramatically horrendous) opinions about all of you. But as you say, it had to be done.

I am hoping that LE gleaned some new info from the programs. You never know what they are looking for, or if different wording or explanations may have surfaced to confirm a suspicion.

Considering MR's behavior, I think the restraint shown by the family was remarkable.

After several days of reading each and every post on ws and enough on fb until I puked I wanted to add some thought for anyone that wondered or still wonders why the DP show was done in the first place.

It was not to bash MR, that is an absolute without a doubt statement that I can make with all honesty. Regardless of whether or not it is believed, that is up to each person to determine for themselves.

I did not do it FOR Elaine and I did not do it AGAINST Mark. I did it for Dylan, Cory and my children. I know my son, his reasons were the exact same as mine.

>The FMDR fb page has more than doubled, that means more than twice as many people are now aware of Dylan.
>The media has been all over this, there are more articles on Dylan in the past couple days than there have been in a month. Reporters that didn't want to do the story are now calling.
>Dylan is getting the media that he deserves, good/bad/indifferent people are talking.

Here's some other info that has been asked here and abroad (meaning other sites - haha)

I can tell of the hours that I personally gave up for this show. It was a minimum of 35 hours, just from me. Each person gave of their own time and I respect each person for doing that. This show was not thrown together and it was very much researched prior to even stepping foot on the stage.

Each of us was aware that we would collectively and individually be judged by many and that there would be some very harsh comments (sadly many of them were here prior to the show but I have gotten past that - almost) made about each of us. It's not easy going on national tv knowing that you will be torn to shreds by others. Each of us knew that going in, we knew it going out and know it still today.

I won't speak for anyone else, only myself. I would do it again in a heartbeat if it meant that one more newspaper would publish a story about Dylan. Doing nothing was not an option. The knowledge gained from all the information that wasn't shown and what was shown is knowledge that can't be taken away. Regardless of opinions that answers were not received, they were answered.

((Hugs)) to you and your children, azG, and thank God for you guys. Thank you for all you've done for Dylan. You put yourself out there repeatedly (even after hateful treatment, IMO) and pressed on, for Dylan's sake and the truth. It's been inspiring to watch your determination, and that of Elaine, Cory, and Michael. There's a long suffering resolve and steadfastness that resonates from all you guys have done and deeply touches me. It's why I'm posting again. You guys demonstrate what coming together during hardship looks like. Thank you for going on the show, thank you for posting here and everywhere to support the search for Dylan. It's courageous for you and your sons to put themselves out there. Your son seemed a little nervous, so please tell him he did a great job standing up as a man, a father, and Dylan's brother, and saying what needed to be said.

I hope you received some apologies from those who questioned the little bit you'd said abt Mark and DV, now that Mark admitted it (while trying to blame you for it though, IMO. :rolleyes:) As Dr Phil said and Mark admitted, Mark's history lends itself to considering his involvement and is highly relevant to what happened to Dylan, IMO.

Moo

Nothing more to add except my heartfelt thanks! Peace, sista! :rocker:

Only when one attempts to discredit one thing vs the other. Dr. Phil is a retired psychologist. He is currently employed as a tv host. He utilizes his training and skills to the best of his ability on a tv show. Which says nothing about how he would utilize his training and skills if he was working in the field of forensic psychology. Apples to Oranges and I do believe most folks can recognize the difference.

To give a comparison. We often see former US Presidents interviewed on national news tv. They are still in a position to be able to speak about Presidential issues, but they are no longer the President of the US. They are also RESPECTED for their former position....not that Dr. Phil is a former president, but most Doctor's retain their title long after they have retired. And I would presume they would still have the skill to preform as a physician. It is merely respect. But that's just me and I put this argument to bed a long time ago as a common sense issue.

NC, I appreciate the information you provide on the forum. You are well-spoken/written.
Thanks button isn't sufficient.

Why is anyone bashing Dr Phil here? Is he the excuse for Mark not taking the poly? Seriously? It was Jack Trimarco who was going to administer the poly. Have you checked his credentials much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member