CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes much more sense. I can't see the scent going that far. So LE's dogs were in boats hitting by the dam back in November and now Wendy's dogs are hitting on holes in the ice toward the Northern or Northeastern side. So what does that mean? 2 bodies? No bodies? All the dogs were wrong?

Another question. If Wendy's dogs hit on holes cut into the ice would the dog have to be pretty close to an actually body? I think that lake is pretty deep too.

No, Wendy's dogs hit in the same spot as well! Multiple links posted. Threads moving fast.

Could a scent get stuck under the ice if it didn't have air to dissipate into?

That makes much more sense. I can't see the scent going that far. So LE's dogs were in boats hitting by the dam back in November and now Wendy's dogs are hitting on holes in the ice toward the Northern or Northeastern side. So what does that mean? 2 bodies? No bodies? All the dogs were wrong?

Another question. If Wendy's dogs hit on holes cut into the ice would the dog have to be pretty close to an actually body? I think that lake is pretty deep too.

Pretty close yes, but how close I'm actually not sure. I don't know what would happen to scent that is trapped under ice, how much it would be able to disperse, etc. It's not something I've been around, so I would only be guessing at it. I tried to find some info on it, but there isn't much out there, I don't know how many train for it.

Ok. So if they are hitting at the dam and then at 1) the middle east end, could that be one body? Alternative 2) if at the very north end it's 2 separate bodies. Hope that makes sense.

No, not likely, too far apart.

But that is a long ways away.

Well I'm assuming a body and its scent would float downstream over the course of days, weeks. I'm not suggesting there is a body way up there in the river because rivers are moving all the time probably way faster in the mountains that the ones on flat ground. I'm just thinking out loud.

That would be an awful long ways for them to be hitting. Generally when they are on the boat they pick up the fringe of the scent and then "guide" the boat into ground zero, but not from one end of a big ole lake to the other, lol.

Are you saying that an underwater scent source would probably be nearby and not hundreds of yards or miles away?

Well I'm assuming a body and its scent would float downstream over the course of days, weeks. I'm not suggesting there is a body way up there in the river because rivers are moving all the time probably way faster in the mountains that the ones on flat ground. I'm just thinking out loud.

I feel like I've asked before, but I don't remember the answer. I know the flow at the dam was really low back in October, what were the flows coming into the lake like?

Guys, please read the links I just posted! Wendy's dogs were in the same area as the other hits, and in the flow channel.

But why were people saying it was at the northern end where the 5 rivers flow into the lake and also 5 branch campground? The map is even at the northern most end of the lake. The dam is at the southern most end.

So are you saying that her dogs hit at the southeastern side of the lake at the dam?

I'm really so confused!

What? Searching where ? tks

Read back ^^^. Several important links. It's in the last one. Hadn't seen it before either but article was published 2/25, edited 2/26, so that'd be this weekend.

Realllly hate to say it

think Laci Peterson

Random thoughts-
After spending way too much time on FB and reading these sites, my eyes have been really opened!!! I would highly suggest any of you looking for more answers to check there, as I don't think certain things are allowed to be posted here. But here are some random thoughts I am having that I feel I must note before going to sleep:

1.) "WE" - it has really bothered me for a while that MR continuously uses the term "we" for "me." I'm not a psychologist or anything, but this seems odd to me. Almost like Dexter and his "dark passenger" for those of you who have watched the show. There is some interesting information out there that makes me think that Mark may actually have Multiple Personality Disorder.
2.) I've read Dylan's texts over and over, and whereas I originally felt that he was "excited" to see and hang out with his friends, the more I learn about his father, the more I suspect that Dylan was actually DESPERATE to hang out with his friends and get away from his father as quickly as possible-hence the 6 a.m. scheduled time for meeting up with his buddy.
3.) I have seen people who absolutely HATE one another come together in the case of a missing child, a sick child, the death of a child, etc... Even ER, who is actually begging MR to tell her where he is, seems even somewhat empathetic when reaching out to MR, going so far as to say, "please" if it was an accident, please just tell us where he is. MR has absolutely no pity for this woman. An innocent father, no matter his hate for his ex-would show some compassion for the mother of his missing child.
4.) After reviewing the DP tapes, it is clear that MR didn't "chicken out" of the LDT. He NEVER planned on taking it from the get go. He figured he would come up with excuse after excuse to get out of it. He avoided the LDT simply because he knows he will not pass it (IMO.)
5.) MR had lost Dylan, just as he had lost ER. Dylan couldn't stand his father. He didn't want to spend time with his father and his only light of seeing his father was in getting to see his friends. I think this infuriated MR. He saw Dylan as the final blow in "losing" to ER and decided to "win" by taking away the one thing he could take away from her forever-her beautiful son.

I have confidence that Dylan will be found, but not hopeful that he is alive. I also have confidence that MR will eventually be tried and convicted of this terrible crime, unless he takes his own life, drinks himself to death or has a heart attack. He is a sick, sick man, in my opinion, and he knows he has nowhere to turn to. No one supports him. Everyone sees through his guilt. I feel he is a danger to himself and others at this stage and needs to be watched very closely. He is alone-in his cabin in the woods-and he has lost. He knows he has lost and he knows he will never win anything ever again.

Are you saying that an underwater scent source would probably be nearby and not hundreds of yards or miles away?

Yes, depends on the circumstances and the dog, but the source would not be miles away by any stretch. Again, I'm really not sure what the ice would do, but under normal open water, the gases they are smelling dissipate pretty quickly once they surface, so you have to be relatively close to hit it. This is why you see the pix of the boats working slowly and methodically in a pattern.

So Wendy deployed her dogs far away from the previous HRD dog alerts. I wonder why she did that?

Maybe she did that so not to cue her dogs by only deploying them in areas that the previous HRD dog's had alerted.
WHAT IF Wendy's dogs hit in the same place the last dogs hit. She knows nothing was found there, so she thinks "Which direction is the water flowing?" She continues up the direction the flow is coming from (that would be north since the flow goes to the dam, which is south) and keeps getting hits. It is possible that the 5 Branches referred to is the 5 Branches campground, a campground at the eastern part of the lake, about half the distance of the lake north from the dam. It is also possible that no hits were made above that point. That campground closes in Early September (after Labor day) and does not open until May.

What I am saying is that there MAY have been hit in the original locations AND more hits were found elsewhere, allowing them to narrow down to another location to search. If LE has an idea that there might be a body somewhere, they are not telling the public until they confirm yes or no.

sarx, I really really appreciate your help! It's so confusing when you don't understand these things but it's so important.

I am now also confused, lol.
The dogs this weekend worked both areas, the dam and the 5 branches area, correct?
But the only place they hit was the 5 branches area which is mid east part of the lake, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Susielarios