CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But, if Dylan's cellphone stopped working for whatever reason at 8:01pm...that would have been prior to them arriving at MR's home. However, Cory has stated elsewhere that law enforcement believe Dylan did make it to his dad's home (but law enforcement aren't sharing why they believe that.) So, there are a few possibles here ---

1) Dylan did send the 9:37 text from some other electronic device & the context of that text leads law enforcement to believe it was definitely sent by Dylan (such as help me - my dad's goin' nuts)

or

2) Law enforcement found some sort of concrete forensic evidence that Dylan had been in the home (such as evidence of a struggle or injury) or maybe the cadaver dogs picked up a scent inside the home

or

3) Dylan did send the 9:37 text and all was fine at that point

or

4) MR sent the 9:37 text and Dylan was unconscious or already deceased in the home. (and #2 would apply as well.)

jmho

5) LE believes Dylan made it to the house because the 9:37 text was sent via his iPod which requires wifi and can probably be traced to the house ISP. BUT that doesn't mean Dylan sent it and it doesn't mean Dylan made it to the house. (This is my pick BTW)

I don't interpret that as meaning the texts didn't arrive on the phone.

I don't understand. When LE says no communication, it pretty much means no communication. Texts are communication. Texts cannot arrive on a phone without being considered communication. Texts that don't arrive on a phone are stored with the server, but they don't appear on the phone. I don't see any other way to interpret that information...unless you are discounting what LE stated.

I do not think T even figures into anything at all, other than MR claiming to have gone there to look for Dylan.

Yep. I can see that too. If it wasn't Dylan at the 9:37 marker, then it was MR after he did what he did.

I think Dylan will be found near T's home....is there a river near T's house that flows toward the lake? With an access road off the main road?

There is a huge lake very close to T's home.

I don't understand. When LE says no communication, it pretty much means no communication. Texts are communication. Texts cannot arrive on a phone without being considered communication. Texts that don't arrive on a phone are stored with the server, but they don't appear on the phone. I don't see any other way to interpret that information...unless you are discounting what LE stated.

I'm not certain what LE means on a lot of their statements - their word choice is different and slightly off the norm. I interpret that to mean that there was no outgoing text, I do not interpret it to mean there were no incoming messages. IMO it's tricky language that could go either way.

The more I think about this, the more it makes sense to me:
I have a whole scene in my head about how this happened.
Sometimes things come to me in the strangest ways. I
haven't been able to lay out how this happened until just today. This
all fits those "pieces". Dylan probably was at the house, but nothing
left behind because I think he was arguing with Mark and Mark got
mad enough to threaten to take him back to the airport and send
him home. (Dad's do make threats like that and I can absolutely see
Mark telling Dylan this). I think the more Mark thought about it, the
madder he got because he wasn't going to spend the money to put Dylan
on a plane home. I think they continued to argue during the drive, Mark told
him to get out and there was a physical confrontation at that site. The only
question I have is WHERE? I would suggest that anyone who is near,
take a drive from Mark's house toward the airport...especially look for side roads
along the lake. Check them out as far back as a truck could
drive, especially roads near a river that flows into the lake, but I
would check out ALL side roads from Mark's house on the route he would
take to go back to the airport.
Pieces fit. No Dylan. All his belongings gathered because dad said he was sending him home.
No scent in the truck.
Possibly minimal indications he arrived at the house, but didn't have the opportunity to stay long.

I'm not certain what LE means on a lot of their statements - their word choice is different and slightly off the norm. I interpret that to mean that there was no outgoing text, I do not interpret it to mean there were no incoming messages. IMO it's tricky language that could go either way.

Well, I suppose you can believe it's "tricky", but in my experience, which is considerable with LE and their statements, they aren't "tricky".
Plain language. NO COMMUNICATION, means no communication. I also recall other statements from Bender about nothing on his phone....which means nothing on his phone including texts, but I'm not up to links or arguing semantics.

I think for a 13 yr. old, bikes are their main transportation vs. walking. Why wouldn't he have used the bike? If there was a flat tire or the bike was too small, I don't think the bike would be brought up or an issue.

Regarding foot prints, I am speculating although the ground wasn't frozen, if the ground is soft and the weather is cold it will hold footprints. I don't know if the ground was soft, but ER & CR have both mentioned lack of footprints so it maybe a possibility this is the reason why they feel this is an issue? :dunno:

If they look down and see their own footprints as they are searching for Dylan, then they would wonder why they can not find any footprints that match Dylan's shoes. :moo:

So, adding up all of Dylan's texts, none of them actually say we are at the house, going to watch a movie and go to bed? And none of them say goodnight?

Very interesting because the 9:37 text could be another way to make it appear that Dylan arrived at the house.

BBM: Incoming messages are still communication. Last ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION, 9:37 pm, per LE. There is not even the slightest possibility that Dylan woke up the next morning to text messages. We don't have much from LE, but we do have that statement.

I don't interpret that as meaning the texts didn't arrive on the phone.

I don't interpret it that way necessarily either. I guess it all depends on what activity is. And the LE statement of "no activity" after Dylan disappeared". Is activity only outgoing messages, or outgoing and incoming or both plus pings? I can't get past MR going straight to N's house. At one point he says he's apt to "drop in" on Dylan to make sure he's where he's supposed to be yet at another point, he says he only knew a couple of addresses and just happened to arrive at N's when the plans had changed that Monday morning. Have I made sense? All MOO

Well, I suppose you can believe it's "tricky", but in my experience, which is considerable with LE and their statements, they aren't "tricky".
Plain language. NO COMMUNICATION, means no communication. I also recall other statements from Bender about nothing on his phone....which means nothing on his phone including texts, but I'm not up to links or arguing semantics. I just don't see why things are being made out to be more complex than they have to be. Just my opinion.

ITA when Bender said on the NG "no activity whatsoever" since sometime Sunday evening (or it may have been night). I take that to mean in or out. I honestly don't know how you could take that differently.

So, adding up all of Dylan's texts, none of them actually say we are at the house, going to watch a movie and go to bed? And none of them say goodnight?

Very interesting because the 9:37 text could be another way to make it appear that Dylan arrived at the house.

I don't really see any reason why he'd have to say any of those things. I doubt that his friends really care if he's at the house, in the car, or somewhere else since it doesn't affect them one way or another unless there's something of interest happening there. Unless it was a movie that he, or a friend, had been dying to see, I can't see any reason to mention that either. Finally, most kids (and many adults) I know who do text don't say goodbye when they quit for the day or goodnight when they stop for the night. They usually either just end the conversation or pick it up again later. MOO

Here's my theory. Dylan never made it to the house and died shortly after the 8pm texts with Ryan. He was quickly disposed of in the lake (probably the SE side because it seems the most remote) I believe his belongings and phone also went in the lake (thus the phone quitting and Dylan never received R's last text that night). As an AFTERTHOUGHT and thinking that to cover if Dylan were to ever be found say MR discovers Dylan's iPod in the truck and sends a text to T saying something like 'lets hang out tomorrow or lets go fishing tomorrow' (9:37pm) and as an AFTERTHOUGHT MR plants the fishing pole near the lake and as an AFTERTHOUGHT MR goes by T's to see if Dylan was there the next day and comes up with a theory that Dylan must have taken his fishing pole and attempted to walk to the lake or T's. I think all of this was an afterthought once he disposed of him in the lake to cover in case he's ever found. JMHO

I think that Dylan's bike was also pulled out of the garage and staged in front of the house as an AFTERHTOUGHT and an attempt to make it look like Dylan was trying to get somewhere that morning. I believe that is what Cory is implying about MR noticing the fishing pole being gone before the bike. Cory stated this on FB (official page) a long while back and he also made a comment about the ATV too. As in how did MR notice the fishing pole before the bike and ATV.

Or not..... maybe it said 'we stopped at my dad's friends house' or something that was not a part of MR's account of the night.

This whole line of thought makes me wonder if T knows R. Because if everyone knew that D was supposed to spend the day or two following at R's house then wouldn't T say ' i thought you were going to R's house' Unless those two boys don't really know each other too much or hang out. It would make sense T being futher up the mountain that the other boys that he may have been a friend D hung out with mostly when he's up at MR's place and maybe T doesn't socialize as much with the other kids D knows. Just thinking again, sorry for the ramble. it is curious that T's been radio silent all this time.

eta , if any of these theories are slightly right regarding T , then that might explain why they are so hush , hush. They don't want to say anything to upset MR. He lives very near them OR perhaps if there is anything to it, MR doesn't even realize it STILL !

I think you are spot on about the groups of friends who hang together and I agree 100% that T is not part of this core group. MR knows about T because of proximity.

:deadhorse: ha ha ha been dyin' to use that little fella

I know! :floorlaugh: LE doesn't give us much, but why muddy the water when it isn't necessary? I just don't understand. The pieces have to fit but we can't change the official version to something else because we don't want it to be that way. It is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966