CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is a man not allowed to have a drink? I don't think it was acceptable in any way that he drank before the DP show but in general I think in the privacy of his own home, like anyone; should be able to have a drink.
Would it be acceptable for ER to drink if she wanted to?
JMO and all.:twocents:

I don't recall discussing MR or ER drinking in their own home? I believe I was addressing another poster comparing her evening glass of wine to a man who was scheduled to take a poly (that he agreed to take) but instead decided to get himself so bombed he "didn't feel well", thus he was unable to take the exam...after 3 separate offers.

IMO, MR didn't drink a 1/2 bottle of Jim Beam or anything else. And I think he just tussled his hair to look like he just woke up.

I don't believe he ever intended on taking another polygraph whether it's administered by law enforcement or Jack Trimarco, considering by his own words that he "failed" the first one.

It's all just part of his devious "game" IMO.

IMO, MR didn't drink a 1/2 bottle of Jim Beam or anything else. And I think he just tussled his hair to look like he just woke up.

I don't believe he ever intended on taking another polygraph whether it's administered by law enforcement or Jack Trimarco, considering by his own words that he "failed" the first one.

It's all just part of his devious "game IMO.

Good possibility. I guess I could add a 3rd choice to my list:

3. MR is a manipulative liar and likes to play games...even though his child is missing.

I would venture a guess that a lot of folks have a glass of wine in the evening to relax.

I don't think very many folks have a missing child though.

Also pretty sure that a glass of wine is in an entirely different "ball field" so to speak, than a half a bottle of Jim Beam....especially the night before you are appearing on national tv in regard to your missing child.

Some discipline would be have been appropriate in light of the circumstances MR was dealing with, wouldn't you agree?

I don't think I'd be thinking of tying one on when I was planning to make a public appearance about my missing child the next day....but that's just me.

Yeah, I agree. I've said many times he should have never said he'd take the poly if he had no intentions of doing so. He didn't do himself any favors. I see that.

The point of my post was, I really don't care if either are raging alcoholics. Being an alcoholic does not automatically mean someone is capable of murder. MOO

I suppose this answers my question with regard to having a bit of discipline the night before a national tv show about your missing child....this only leaves 2 choices:

1. MR is an alcoholic.
2. MR was using a drunken stupor as an excuse to avoid the scheduled poly.

One more possibility I see in regard to the alcohol use...
Not necessarily an alcoholic, but perhaps likely self-medicates with alcohol - whether he intentionally did it to avoid the polygraph the next day, or not.

I guess that's like a 1 1/2 - between your choices 1 & 2. Still not much of a difference though. :)

I have to admit the hair and disheveled look reminded me of someone who calls in sick and has to give that horrible just dug up voice. Y'all know what I'm talking about?

O/T I see you're in DFW. Stay safe with the storms rolling through. They aren't as bad as I thought they'd be, but I do love a good thunderstorm.

Is a man not allowed to have a drink? I don't think it was acceptable in any way that he drank before the DP show but in general I think in the privacy of his own home, like anyone; should be able to have a drink.
Would it be acceptable for ER to drink if she wanted to?
JMO and all.:twocents:

IMO this is glaringly obvious that there is a such an incomparable difference between Mark or Elaine drinking in their spare time, at home, or wherever and whenever they so desire, and doing so until their little hearts are content.. <--this is NOT what the subject is that is being discussed, IMO not even in the same ballpark as to what is actually the issue being discussed..

that issue being that Mark Redwine, NOT Elaine Redwine, but Mark Redwine's decision to indulge in hard liquor mere hours before HIS SCHEDULED polygraph exam that is regarding the disappearance of his son.. <---Now THAT has absolutely nothing at all to do with the subject of Mark Redwine or Elaine Redwine drinking in private, in their spare time if they so should choose to do.. IMO THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THESE TWO COMPARISONS IS LITERALLY THAT OF BLACK TO WHITE, NIGHT TO DAY, and very literally have nothing whatsoever to do with each other.. they are clearly two totally different, separate, and completely unrelated subjects..

regarding the one subject of their drinking in their spare time in the privacy of wherever they choose is fine by anyone and isn't even up for discussion.. the second subject that is up for discussion, that people very much do have great issue with is Mark Redwine boozing it up with hard liquor hours prior to a LDT that he, himself had fully agreed to and therefor fully aware that he was boozing up hours prior to the poly being given.. <---MOO this is the issue..
MOO.

I'd be curious if any of the producers, DP or Mr. Trimarco smelled the alcohol emanating from his pores that morning. It's something others can smell - especially if someone is nervous and sweating - but, the person themselves often can't notice.

I do think alcohol is in his "arsenal of tricks" though. Likely to avoid blame, or responsibility for his own actions. Or, to self-medicate and shut up his own conscience.

Yeah, I agree. I've said many times he should have never said he'd take the poly if he had no intentions of doing so. He didn't do himself any favors. I see that.

The point of my post was, I really don't care if either are raging alcoholics. Being an alcoholic does not automatically mean someone is capable of murder. MOO

Good point. Being an alcoholic doesn't mean someone is a murderer. But it does open the possibilities on how a murder, especially a rage murder, could have taken place. Alcoholics aren't exactly known for discipline, self control or clear thinking and many of them are even known to be violent and prone to extreme behavior. Check the local LE reports in any newspaper to confirm this particular behavior. And the courts are full of people charged with various offenses who claim they were "drunk" or it never would have happened.

I am so sad to see that after having been away from the forums for a few days I can skip 30+ pages and skim through and see nothing new. I'm beginning to feel this case will never be resolved. It reminds me of the baby Lisa case which brought me here. So many unsolved cases and so many never found. My heart is broken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

One more possibility I see in regard to the alcohol use...
Not necessarily an alcoholic, but perhaps likely self-medicates with alcohol - whether he intentionally did it to avoid the polygraph the next day, or not.

I guess that's like a 1 1/2 - between your choices 1 & 2. Still not much of a difference though. :)

We could start a list to pass around! :floorlaugh:

Good point. Being an alcoholic doesn't mean someone is a murderer. But it does open the possibilities on how a murder, especially a rage murder, could have taken place. Alcoholics aren't exactly known for discipline, self control or clear thinking and many of them are even known to be violent and prone to extreme behavior. Check the local LE reports in any newspaper to confirm this particular behavior. And the courts are full of people charged with various offenses who claim they were "drunk" or it never would have happened.

I'm married to an alcoholic, so I'm well aware of their behaviors. I'm also aware that the stereotypical behavior listed above isn't the case for everyone. My dh is a VP of finance. He has zero anger issues. He doesn't black out. He doesn't have a violent bone in his body, but he is an alcoholic. Like Ms. PC said, I really don't believe MR actually tied one on. I think that was made up to get out of the poly. JMO

I'm married to an alcoholic, so I'm well aware of their behaviors. I'm also aware that the stereotypical behavior listed above isn't the case for everyone. My dh is a VP of finance. He has zero anger issues. He doesn't black out. He doesn't have a violent bone in his body, but he is an alcoholic. Like Ms. PC said, I really don't believe MR actually tied one on. I think that was made up to get out of the poly. JMO

I divorced an alcoholic myself, but neither of us were or are married to MR and we are discussing him, not our spouses or what they do or don't do. I'm pretty sure we've all seen out of control drunks. And if you think this was all an "act" to get out of a poly, well, all I can say is manipulative liar would be the best fit on my list.

I am so sad to see that after having been away from the forums for a few days I can skip 30+ pages and skim through and see nothing new. I'm beginning to feel this case will never be resolved. It reminds me of the baby Lisa case which brought me here. So many unsolved cases and so many never found. My heart is broken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It is sad. The longer it takes, the more discouraging it is. As far as going over the same points, I keep going back to LE's statement that they are going back over all the information that they have. (Paraphrasing) That one little sentence that they missed before, could be the key.
I'm beginning to get the feeling here, that people don't just post. There are "feet on the ground," so to speak. Not people interfering, but listening, calling in leads, helping to search where appropriate. I think going over the same old territory is still beneficial. Perhaps a day will come, when that isn't true any longer. Just don't think that day has come yet. (JMO)

I divorced an alcoholic myself, but neither of us were or are married to MR and we are discussing him, not our spouses or what they do or don't do. I'm pretty sure we've all seen out of control drunks. And if you think this was all an "act" to get out of a poly, well, all I can say is manipulative liar would be the best fit on my list.

The only reason I brought up my situation is because you referenced me to alcoholic behavior.

Again, manipulative liar doesn't mean murderer. Is MR responsible for Dylan's disappearance? I don't know. Is he an asshat? Obviously.

So here is my list:

1. MR is an alcoholic
3. MR was self medicating due to personal issues
4. MR was lying and doesn't have a drinking problem...just a problem with lying.
5. MR is incapable of using coherent language to say he didn't want to take the test.

Any other ideas?

The only reason I brought up my situation is because you referenced me to alcoholic behavior.

Again, manipulative liar doesn't mean murderer. Is MR responsible for Dylan's disappearance? I don't know. Is he an asshat? Obviously.

No, actually I believe we were attempting to explore MR's failure to take a poly and all the excuses that have been given for his behavior.
Things got somewhat sidetracked when there were comparisons to having a glass of wine in his own house or being married to an alcoholic, which really aren't good comparisons, IMO, considering MR didn't drink a glass of wine in his own house and the only people who know what it's like to be married to MR is our own verified insider and Elaine.

I suppose this answers my question with regard to having a bit of discipline the night before a national tv show about your missing child....this only leaves 2 choices:

1. MR is an alcoholic.

Tacking on to #1, I feel like IF he's got physical alcohol dependence, it's possible that maybe he didn't drink as much as he typically does the night before the poly, or even 2-3 days before the show taping, and he could have been starting to have withdrawal syptoms. In other words maybe he DID try to "sober up" for the show and couldn't do it/handle it. IMO he would've had to quit at least a couple of weeks before the show to have a chance at being past the more obvious physical symptoms, if alcohol dependence is a problem for him.

I saw you added a #3 later and that's along the lines of what I was going to mention also. I think it's also very possible it had nothing or very little to do with alcohol and the "not feeling well" was what he used to back out of the poly. He might've gotten more sympathy if he'd used something like food poisoning or a migraine or something as opposed to Jim Beam, though, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne