CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if that 'college fund' was started when MR had to start paying ER? I suspect he hasn't paid her a dime & put the money aside in case there is a legal issue, then he would begrudgingly fork it over to ER claiming she is taking Dylan's college money. As you can tell I don't think much of him & wouldn't put anything past him to get ER.

Does anyone know how many years it takes to declare a missing person dead when they haven't been found? I know it takes years. Probably longer than 4 years. I don't know what the stipulation for child support was (til he's 18 or 23 or out of college?) but at the very least without Dylan being found MR will probably have to continue paying Elaine child support for a minimum of 4 years (til Dylan would be 18).

But would Elaine take the money ?

I know if it was me I would never take a penny off him if I thought he was behind my sons disappearance .

So if Elaine refused to accept the money then what happens ?

Does anyone know how many years it takes to declare a missing person dead when they haven't been found? I know it takes years. Probably longer than 4 years. I don't know what the stipulation for child support was (til he's 18 or 23 or out of college?) but at the very least without Dylan being found MR will probably have to continue paying Elaine child support for a minimum of 4 years (til Dylan would be 18).

The standard is usually 7 years, but I believe that may vary if there are State statutes that have been written to specify otherwise.
I know it can be done sooner than 7 years if the petitioner can show there is no evidence to believe the missing person is alive.
Natalie Holloway's parents waited the required 7 years....and even then, her mother wasn't in favor of the decision. It was her father that brought it to the court.

BBM: The manipulation and constant "jabs" from MR never ceases to amaze me. No one asked this question, but he just couldn't resist throwing it into the conversation. He is so good at this crap, most people don't even recognize what he's doing, when he's doing it.
Who cares "why" Elaine hides her employer information? MR DOES. Maybe MR should have asked himself "why" that is instead of throwing it out during this interview. It was irrelevant to anyone except HIM...and the only reason I can see that it was important to him was to take a jab at Elaine. :furious:

It could also be seen as a threat to ER. See Elaine, you can't hide anything from me.

I really wonder when he says "I have nothing to do with this" if he really believes that. It's one of the most direct statements he makes. It is always in the present tense so it may just mean he is having nothing to do with the investigation now. But, if meant in the past tense, could he blame ER and DR so much, as if they "made him do it" that he truly feels no responsibility and therefore no involvement, even if he actually did harm DR?

I am not stuck on any particular theory, but there is one scenario (of many) that runs through my mind, involving MR and a father's rights type group, that would allow him to say "I have nothing to do with this" and almost be truthful. Could be wishful thinking on my part, because it would mean Dylan is alive, provided for, and not suffering at the hands of some SO.

BUT we have to remember that not only did MR recently stop receiving child support income from Elaine, he also had to start paying it to her. This must have enraged him. AND he will have to continue paying it until Dylan is found.

So...from that standpoint it's in his best interest for Dylan to be found and IMHO is one of the main reasons I think Dylan will be found in the lake. MR IMO staged the fishing pole, the attempt to walk to T's story for a reason. To point LE to the lake. He also was angry with LE for not searching the lake sooner.

Listen to what he says. He seems to repeat 'fishing pole' and 'Dylan tried to walk to T's' and not only that, I can't even count how many times he's made reference to 'the lake'.
Good point about the child support. I had forgotten about that. Though if he's so sick and twisted to have premeditated this, the satisfaction from the continued pain to Elaine might outweigh having to pay child support. Just a thought.

ETA: And I totaly agree about his bringing up the pole and lake for a reason.

I know if it was me I would never take a penny off him if I thought he was behind my sons disappearance .

I think she would apply it to the fund to find Dylan or at least I would.

I think she would take it and put it into the fund that is set up to find him. I don't think he will pay a dime however. MOO

I would take every freakin' dime, even if I just put it into the DR fund. I wouldn't lose a bit of sleep over taking that man's money.

Doing a quick search the average seems to be 7 years. Unless you can provide enough "proof" that the person is no longer alive.

For me child support lasted until my son was 19. Child support was through Colorado courts. I think if they go to college it's until they are 23 or 25, but don't quote me on it. :)

IMO MR has shown a history of tormenting his ex wives through the courts. And dragging it on for years. He probably gets a thrill out of it but his main purpose is to WIN. It's all about winning. And he just LOST and he LOST BIG TIME. I think this might be enough to send him over the edge. In his mind it's not about providing money for his son, it's about giving money to his ex and her new man. And I'll bet the thought of that enrages him beyond belief. To me this does point to a motive for premeditation. Although I still have a hard time believing this is possible, we have to try to get in his head and think how he might think.

If it was premeditated and the main reason being child support (and revenge) but mostly child support. Well that won't stop unless Dylan is found. So if this is what happened he needs Dylan to be found. The sooner the better for him. I think the fishing pole and the marina and the lake and the T stories are all for that purpose. And he is stupid enough that he thinks everyone will think Dylan set off to T's to go fishing and fell in the lake. He talks about 'the lake' way too much to me. Almost every conversation goes back to 'the lake'.

I think she would take it and put it into the fund that is set up to find him. I don't think he will pay a dime however. MOO

And if he didn't pay, I would drag him through the courts just to press the issue. Until that child is declared deceased, child support payments should continue. Of course, I'm not in CO, so I don't have a clue how that all works out there.

I don't know if this theory was ever discussed, but what if MR, being/had been a trucker, gave Dylan to truckers for human trafficking? I know have read about girls that this has happened to and am not sure if it is common with boys. This would also give hope Dylan is alive. MOO, JMO

I don't know if this theory was ever discussed, but what if MR, being/had been a trucker, gave Dylan to truckers for human trafficking? I know have read about girls that this has happened to and am not sure if it is common with boys. This would also give hope Dylan is alive. MOO, JMO

I know how hard this must be for you considering you are a family member and all, but sometimes death is a blessing; there are much worse things that could be happening to this child if he is alive. I'm sorry. My heart does go out to you.

I think about this often, only because MR's job has him working close to the Mexico border. I wonder what MR does during his leisure time while on a job location? His drinking leads me to believe he hangs out in bars while off work. I tend to believe he is the type to strike up a conversation with a stranger because MR needs constant attention. In my opinion, MR is a needy 'me' man.

Thank you all for the replys . I guess I am a grudge bearer :)p) and could never take a penny off him even if its for the fund as it would be blood money to me . I just would never be able to accept anything off from a cup of tea to money as it would forever be tainted .

:moo:

This has been one of the central suspicions I've had about Kyron Horman and now Dylan. I brought up a similar scenario a thread or two back.

I think MR's occupation lends a lot to my concerns that Dylan has been far removed from Colorado by now. Similar to Kyron's case there was a long gap of time between the last independent sighting and the time LE was notified. Enough to cover many miles by any number of methods of travel.

Thank you all for the replys . I guess I am a grudge bearer :)p) and could never take a penny off him even if its for the fund as it would be blood money to me . I just would never be able to accept anything off from a cup of tea to money as it would forever be tainted .

:moo:

I certainly understand where you are coming from, but money is money. It doesn't have a soul or a heart, it's just a tool. I would certainly take every dime I could get from this man...especially if I believed that he cared more about the almighty dollar than he did his own child. Karma.

Originally Posted by SCHMAE
<snip>

I had a question for everyone that should not lead to any debate or ill will.
What is it about Dylan that has captivated us all for so many weeks? There
have been tons of other missing children since and I try to visit as many threads
as possible but this one is STUCK on repeat in my head and I'm sure many of you feel
the same way.
So why Dylan?

The cases I've followed most closely here seem to have a couple of things in common - Lyric & Elizabeth, Jessica and Dylan are those I've followed most faithfully.

I think it starts out with the mystery; all of them seemed to disappear without a trace. Many others do too, but the second quality is what I think keeps my interest. The family, friends and media can be given full credit for that. In each case, the child/ren were made to "come to life" even for those who never met them. They all (to me) seemed like survivors - kids who were turning out to be great people in spite of early childhood problems. All of the pictures and anecdotes about them have made them feel like real kids who had promising futures, rather than just another story in the news. MOO

Assume no other evidence is found. Death prior to entering the water makes it worse for Mark, but, IMO, does not exclude other possible perpetrators. That's why I said I'm worried method and/or perpetrator may not be determined by finding Dylan. :(

ETA: so definitely hoping additional evidence IS found with Dylan.

yeah, like the back pack with magically everything in it that he said was in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho