CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone may have already posted this, but in one of the clips that Dr Phil played, Dylan's dad definitely referred to his son in the past tense. That's always a bad sign. But even aside from that, I feel certain that dad did something to Dylan. :(

When he got back at 11:30, his son's dirty cereal bowl was beside the sink. The television was on Nickelodeon. His son's fishing pole was gone. So was his black-and-gray backpack. A few articles of clothing were left behind on the couch."
www.denverpost.com/news/ci_22108222/dad-its-wait-wonder

AND

"I question why it has taken this long to start scouring the lake because from Day One they have known it is likely he had a fishing pole with him," Redwine, 52, said.
www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22063185/sunday-search-launched-missing-boy-laplata-county

BUT on Dr. Phil he states:

MR:
To respond to that, if I may, I attempted to go to T’s house to talk to him but he didn’t answer the door. I assumed that possibly him and Dylan were at the lake. You know the fishing pole has never been found…I assumed that maybe that was a possibility. Do I know for a fact that he had a fishing pole? Absolutely not…
Dr. Phil

My question is: Is/Was there a fishing pole missing when MR got home from his errands at 11:30 as reported in the first two links above? Also, since MR then stated on Dr. Phil that he doesn't know for a fact that DR had a fishing pole with him, then just who does MR think did take it? :waitasec:

Thanks, that nails it even more IMO.

Was the fishing pole something he brought from his moms house?

My question is: Is/Was there a fishing pole missing when MR got home from his errands at 11:30 as reported in the first two links above? Also, since MR then stated on Dr. Phil that he doesn't know for a fact that DR had a fishing pole with him, then just who does MR think did take it? :waitasec:

Based on this question alone, I can see why he probably failed the polygraph test. And most of his story just doesn't make sense. He's obviously not too bright.

When I was looking through articles tonight I came across this quote from Bender in the early days of this case, and I found it comforting -

"We know some people are upset that we are even considering the possibility that Dylan may have run away. But, we are working for Dylan and we owe it to him and to his family to consider every possible scenario that could have caused him to drop out of sight for a week. To disregard any potential circumstance could cause us to overlook a possible clue that will lead us to Dylan," said Dan Bender, PIO for La Plata County Sheriff’s Office.

It has been my posted belief from the beginning that Dylan ran away. But after seeing the Dp show episode I can't dismiss the fathers evasive and odd responses. Where would a .kid hide for 3 plus months? Unlikely, but I can't stop praying for this outcome. Unlikely, I know.

Someone may have already posted this, but in one of the clips that Dr Phil played, Dylan's dad definitely referred to his son in the past tense. That's always a bad sign. But even aside from that, I feel certain that dad did something to Dylan. :(

There is a interview of CR in MSM where he refers to Dylan in the past tense also. I have seen it happen in every case that I have followed.

Someone explained why people do this so well one time, I wish I could remember the words.

Thanks, that nails it even more IMO.

Was the fishing pole something he brought from his moms house?

There has been absolutely nothing in MSM thus far that states he brought it with him. It is my opinion only that it was always at Marks.

There has been absolutely nothing in MSM thus far that states he brought it with him. It is my opinion only that it was always at Marks.

Is it true that Elaine said that Dylan didn't care to fish at all?

Actually, there's similar differening statements about the backpack and even the friend, T when he was on Dr. Phil. Let me see if I can find it.

It appears to me that when MR was on Dr. Phil, several of his statements differed from what had previously been reported in MSM. It may have been an effect of the "JB" or it could have been that MSM articles up to the point of the Dr. Phil show had erred.

I just know that there are differing statements out there so it's kinda' hard to pin down any facts.

Did he say how he came about discovering the fishing pole was missing?

I don't remember him ever saying how. He said he couldn't find it. When a child goes missing, when LE comes to the house, it's my understanding they ask the parents to walk through the house and tell them anything they notice is missing. So I guess I just always figured that's how he discovered it was missing. When he left the house, he didn't know Dylan was missing. He went to the friends' houses, then to the Marshall's office. I figure LE met him back at the house for the search they talked about doing that day, and during that search, and telling MR to tell them what's missing, that's when he discovered the pole was gone.

I've fairly frequently heard parents of missing children refer to them in the past tense, even very early in the case. Dylan's mom has referred to Dylan in the past tense throughout the case, even at the very beginning. I think Sierra LaMar's mom did. Both Kyron Horman's parents. I think one of Jessica Ridgeway's parents did. Holly Bobo's mom.

I just don't give it much weight any more after hearing so many of them do it. I think it's a reaction to an extreme fear that their child may be gone forever, or something like that. They're going through a kind of grieving process. I don't know. I'm not a psychologist. :)

MSM Backpack Statements vs Dr. Phil

When he returned at 11:30 a.m., he said Dylan was gone, as was his backpack.
durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687/A-boy’s-life&template=mobileart

AND

When he got back at 11:30, his son's dirty cereal bowl was beside the sink. The television was on Nickelodeon. His son's fishing pole was gone. So was his black-and-gray backpack. A few articles of clothing were left behind on the couch."
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_22108222/dad-its-wait-wonder#ixzz2Jf4xoyeQ

BUT on Dr. Phil he stated:

When I got home, the TV was on and it was on one of the Nickelodeon channels that he’s always watching. I didn’t notice his backpack not being there.

There was a fishing pole at the house and it was Dylan’s fishing pole. That fishing pole was never found.
Link = Dr. Phil Transcript in Media/Timeline Thread

I don't remember him ever saying how. He said he couldn't find it. When a child goes missing, when LE comes to the house, it's my understanding they ask the parents to walk through the house and tell them anything they notice is missing. So I guess I just always figured that's how he discovered it was missing. When he left the house, he didn't know Dylan was missing. He went to the friends' houses, then to the Marshall's office. I figure LE met him back at the house for the search they talked about doing that day, and during that search, and telling MR to tell them what's missing, that's when he discovered the pole was gone.

I wonder if he said the fishing pole was missing before or after the LE had him search the house.

Thanks Cheese, you don't recall Mark saying how or when the pole went missing either, only that when he thought about it he couldn't find it.

This is why I put the missing fishing pole at the bottom of circumstantial evidence in this case so far. MOO.

I've fairly frequently heard parents of missing children refer to them in the past tense, even very early in the case. Dylan's mom has referred to Dylan in the past tense throughout the case, even at the very beginning. I think Sierra LaMar's mom did. Both Kyron Horman's parents. I think one of Jessica Ridgeway's parents did. Holly Bobo's mom.

I just don't give it much weight any more after hearing so many of them do it. I think it's a reaction to an extreme fear that their child may be gone forever, or something like that. They're going through a kind of grieving process. I don't know. I'm not a psychologist. :)

Actually, what I put at the very bottom of circumstantial evidence is statement analysis. MOO.

Just found this re: ER's thoughts on sighting of two boys walking along CR 501 around 2 pm:

She (ER) was skeptical of a report that someone at Vallecito saw two boys walking along CR 501 Monday at around 2 p.m., that one of them had a backpack. “The Sheriff’s Office is trying to substantiate that, because he didn’t spend that much time at Vallecito,” she said. “We lived off CR 223 for about eight years,” she said, and his friends were from Bayfield, not Vallecito. The sheriff's office has been contacting those friends, she said.

http://www.pinerivertimes.com/news.asp?artid=1091

Why would he even have thought about the fishing pole when he knew from talking to Ryan that Dylan was suppose to go over his house that morning.Ryan and Dylan had no fishing plans.
Ryan sounded very concerned.If my son went missing when he was suppose to go to his buddys house whom I KNEW that he badly wanted to see I would not think that he went fishing.I would think that he got hit by a car or abducted.

BBM
Here's what we do know from MSM and we can build from there as more details/information emerges:

MR & ER Divorced
Mom/CR/DR live in Bayfield. MR moved to house in Vallecito.

MR & DR go to Chicago - had their version of pizza (see 2011 below)
Melissa Blasius Interview

MR & DR go to Chicago, Wrigley Field, Detroit, Cleveland
MR: last year we went to Chicago to Wrigley Field and then we went to Detroit to a Nascar race and then we went to Cleveland to watch the Rockies play the Indians.

We’d been to Chicago the year before and had their version of pizza. We’d been gone probably a couple weeks, you know… he was in a hurry to get back ‘cos he wanted to spend time with his friends
(Melissa Blasius Uncut Interview w/ MR)

July – DR, ER, CR move to Colorado Springs
Dylan had lived near there with his mother, Elaine Redwine, until July, when they moved to the Front Range. http://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com/ci_22110078/dad-its-wait-wonder

September 3 – DR visits MR in Vallecito during Labor Day Visit
The last time Dylan visited Vallecito from Colorado Springs, where she moved this summer, was on Labor Day weekend, Redwine said.
http://durangoherald.com/article/20121123/NEWS01/121129810/0/SEARCH/'He-would-have-called

September 21 - MR sees DR at Court Hearing
MR: you know I didn’t see him again I don’t think until the date of the court hearing in September (Melissa Blasius Uncut Interview w/ MR)

September 21 - Most of the recent child custody records sealed including statements made by Dylan made during a family court hearing in September.
http://www.9news.com/news/article/303598/339/Missing-boys-family-had-violent-history

September 21 - ER said she was awarded sole custody of Dylan on Sept. 21. Previously she and Mark Redwine had shared custody.
http://www.pinerivertimes.com/news.asp?artid=1091

September 21 - MR loses child support at 9/21/12 hearing and receives visitation for 11/2012 Thanksgiving (Per AZG)

November - All of the documents also from a hearing in November – last one before Dylan’s disappearance are also sealed at this point.
http://www.9news.com/news/article/303598/339/Missing-boys-family-had-violent-history

Thanksgiving court ordered visitation w/ MR

November 18 - Dylan arrives at LaPlata County Airport (Per LE)

November 19 - Dylan reported missing @ approximately 6:00 p.m. (Per LE)

It's probably not important as far as your purpose in posting this, but didn't they also take the road trip to see the Red Sox in August '12?

Why would he even have thought about the fishing pole when he knew from talking to Ryan that Dylan was suppose to go over his house that morning.Ryan and Dylan had no fishing plans.
Ryan sounded very concerned.If my son went missing when he was suppose to go to his buddys house whom I KNEW that he badly wanted to see I would not think that he went fishing.I would think that he got hit by a car or abducted.

That's why I don't think that the missing fishing pole has anything to do with Dylan's disappearance. I think that it's a coincidence that it was missing when Mark looked for it. MOO.

MSM Backpack Statements vs Dr. Phil

When he returned at 11:30 a.m., he said Dylan was gone, as was his backpack.
durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687/A-boy’s-life&template=mobileart

AND

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_22108222/dad-its-wait-wonder#ixzz2Jf4xoyeQ

BUT on Dr. Phil he stated:

When I got home, the TV was on and it was on one of the Nickelodeon channels that he’s always watching. I didn’t notice his backpack not being there.

There was a fishing pole at the house and it was Dylan’s fishing pole. That fishing pole was never found.
Link = Dr. Phil Transcript in Media/Timeline Thread

I could interpret this is two different ways.

1. His got caught in a lie so to speak.

2. When he was relaying his account of events he didn't include all the details of the events as they happened. When he was talking to reporters he was explaining things swiftly but not necessarily in detail.
Remember he is in a panicked state because he can't find his son (this is going under the assumption he didn't do anything to Dylan) He didn't include the details of going to LE and then returning home to look for the missing items to the reporter. He didn't feel that those details were of any significance at the time, he was just blurting out key points.

LE would hold the answers to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member