CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE brought in a dive team for 1 or 2 days was it? Each diver could only go down for a short period of time once per day. I don't know how many divers they had but probably a small number. So how can LE be so sure there is no body in that huge lake? I believe 2 or 3 independent dogs that LE brought in got hits there. Then Wendy's 2 dogs. What are the odds of this happening? I believe 1 dog might make a mistake...even 2, but 4-5 different dogs? Nope not buying it. Assuming all dogs are properly trained, I would say the odds are very low of this happening and there not being a body in there. LE certainly cannot assure anyone that a VERY THOROUGH search of the lake was done.

I feel that if Elaine and company have to use the reward fund to pay independent divers then so be it. She needs to do what she has to do to get answers. And shame on LE if they do find a body.

Yes of course if a body is found by the independent dive team, LE would be notified immediately. I wonder if LE will have someone present during the search?

http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=319220

According to this story, LE were not part of the K-9 Forensics search. I have been trying to find LE official comment on the search but cannot. I thought for sure they had commented but am bleary eyed trying to find it.
http://kwgn.com/2013/02/27/dylan-redwines-family-appears-on-dr-phil-dogs-find-scent-on-lake-2/

This 2nd link says LE has deemed the K-9 find "inconclusive" (kind of like that polygraph, eh?) but I thought somewhere Le had actually spoken or written about it.

If it were me, I'd be moving heaven and earth to search the lake. I am sure they are just waiting for the ice to thaw.

And yet apparently he slept in all the clothes he went missing in. I know he is a boy and all but it seems odd to me he wore the exact same clothes Sunday and Monday . To not even change socks or underwear and to not shower as well.

ETA- I just can not imagine anybody flying which is bothersome and sleeping in them clothes and not showering and at least changing some portion of the clothes .

:cow:

I can't understand why his dirty socks were never found at his dad's. I can easily see him falling asleep in his clothing, and then getting up and washing his face brushing his teeth and getting ready to go. But didn't he pack any clean socks? Most 13 yr old boys, who like cute girls, have learned to change their socks. JMO

http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=319220

According to this story, LE were not part of the K-9 Forensics search. I have been trying to find LE official comment on the search but cannot. I thought for sure they had commented but am bleary eyed trying to find it.
http://kwgn.com/2013/02/27/dylan-redwines-family-appears-on-dr-phil-dogs-find-scent-on-lake-2/

This 2nd link says LE has deemed the K-9 find "inconclusive" (kind of like that polygraph, eh?) but I thought somewhere Le had actually spoken or written about it.

If it were me, I'd be moving heaven and earth to search the lake. I am sure they are just waiting for the ice to thaw.

BBM -

That's interesting. Here's what it says at the link, not that LE said it was inconclusive, but that FMDR admin wrote that they're taking solace in LE finding Wendy's discovery inconclusive. But when you click the link where it says "she wrote", there's nothing like that on the FMDR comments it's linking to.

Katt Hawkins, the Redwine family friend primarily responsible for updating the “Find Missing Dylan Redwine” page on Facebook, took to the social media platform on Wednesday. She wrote that she and the Redwine’s are taking solace in the idea that the La Plata County Sheriff’s Department found the K9 team’s discovery to be inconclusive.

I remember LE making a comment too, rebecca, but I can't find it. I'm going back through articles about LE's November search though, so if I do happen to come across it, I'll post it.

I can't understand why his dirty socks were never found at his dad's. I can easily see him falling asleep in his clothing, and then getting up and washing his face brushing his teeth and getting ready to go. But didn't he pack any clean socks? Most 13 yr old boys, who like cute girls, have learned to change their socks. JMO

or change their chonies

If Dylan's body is in the lake, and this child's mother has to pay (and it will be expensive!) divers to go down and get him, then LE is going to look really, really bad. It will be horrible.

And that's where I get stuck. Why is LE (so far) willing to take that chance, unless they're very, very sure that there's no body down there?

I would like to know the reason LE gave ER and MR for not diving again. Or if maybe LE did tell them they will dive again, but ER has decided on her own that she wants her own dive team. I can see myself, I can see any mother, saying I'm not going through what I've been going through since the November dive, waiting and wondering and questioning. I'm going to hire the best dive team I can find, and get an answer on what's in the lake once and for all.

I disagree, Cheese. I think LE is waiting for the water to warm up. From what was posted about the earlier searches in the lake, my understanding is that they don't know the exact location of the body (if there is a body), the water is very cold, the divers can only stay down for a limited time, and can only go down 1 time per day. LE must consider the safety of the divers and must allocate their resources in the safest manner possible. Plus, LE has to use the divers from New Mexico, which also costs the local LE money. I think this LE is in a tough spot right now with having to make this decision. I don't think it is because they don't want to - I think it is because when they weigh all the factors, they have determined it would be more beneficial (considering all the circumstances) to wait until the water warms up.

A private dive team does not have to consider all the issues a public agency does and they may have more divers available so they can put more divers in the water at any given time.

I completely understand why ER would not want to wait. I would feel exactly the same way and would do everything in my power to go around the "public agency" aspects and get something happening NOW.

Salem

If Dylan's body is in the lake, and this child's mother has to pay (and it will be expensive!) divers to go down and get him, then LE is going to look really, really bad. It will be horrible.

And that's where I get stuck. Why is LE (so far) willing to take that chance, unless they're very, very sure that there's no body down there?

I would like to know the reason LE gave ER and MR for not diving again. Or if maybe LE did tell them they will dive again, but ER has decided on her own that she wants her own dive team. I can see myself, I can see any mother, saying I'm not going through what I've been going through since the November dive, waiting and wondering and questioning. I'm going to hire the best dive team I can find, and get an answer on what's in the lake once and for all.

If you are LE and you've been pretty quiet with the details and are sure there is no body down there , then why would you not tell the mom something to prevent her from going through that gut wrenching ordeal , not to mention the expense? Good point Cheese about how bad they would look if the independent dive team found something and how bad they would look. This reminds me something I thought of ages ago but never asked. Is there a way to see if LaPlata Co , like most counties in the US right now, is suffering financially to the point of cutting civil servant payroll and hours and such"? Might explain some things . AH , that brings me to another question. Is the economy ever so bad that the FBI makes cuts and cuts corners and half heartedly investigates due to manpower being low because of funding? Because I automatically thought while typing the first question, ' it doesnt matter if that county is poor the FBI is there too' ... then thought " what if the FBI is broke too' .

If you are LE and you've been pretty quiet with the details and are sure there is no body down there , then why would you not tell the mom something to prevent her from going through that gut wrenching ordeal , not to mention the expense? Good point Cheese about how bad they would look if the independent dive team found something and how bad they would look. This reminds me something I thought of ages ago but never asked. Is there a way to see if LaPlata Co , like most counties in the US right now, is suffering financially to the point of cutting civil servant payroll and hours and such"? Might explain some things . AH , that brings me to another question. Is the economy ever so bad that the FBI makes cuts and cuts corners and half heartedly investigates due to manpower being low because of funding? Because I automatically thought while typing the first question, ' it doesnt matter if that county is poor the FBI is there too' ... then thought " what if the FBI is broke too' .

I brought up this money thing last week and even sent some information to Kevin Torres hoping he might follow up with an investigative report. There were 2 cases I cited, of prolonged child disappearance cases, and each were in the $700,000 range to conduct the search and investigation. That would be in the neighborhood of 1% of the county's total budget. I asked KT to check into whether or not the sheriff's office has filed any report with the county board on projected costs for this investigation. For the Kyron Horman case, the sheriff of Multnomah County filed a 120-day plan with the county. I want to know if finances are hindering this search, how much has been spent and if they are doing any emergency budget work to cover an ongoing investigation. This is all public info and if you lived there you could just attend the county board meeting and ask this.

Never heard back from KT so I am sending it to MB today.

I disagree, Cheese. I think LE is waiting for the water to warm up. From what was posted about the earlier searches in the lake, my understanding is that they don't know the exact location of the body (if there is a body), the water is very cold, the divers can only stay down for a limited time, and can only go down 1 time per day. LE must consider the safety of the divers and must allocate their resources in the safest manner possible. Plus, LE has to use the divers from New Mexico, which also costs the local LE money. I think this LE is in a tough spot right now with having to make this decision. I don't think it is because they don't want to - I think it is because when they weigh all the factors, they have determined it would be more beneficial (considering all the circumstances) to wait until the water warms up.

A private dive team does not have to consider all the issues a public agency does and they may have more divers available so they can put more divers in the water at any given time.

I completely understand why ER would not want to wait. I would feel exactly the same way and would do everything in my power to go around the "public agency" aspects and get something happening NOW.

Salem

Well I don't know. I'm going back through the articles and videos looking for what LE said at the end of the search. In this 9 News video, the reporter says LE said unless they get more info, their search of the lake is finished. Then you look at the other news stories, and you see the FBI has come in the day before, and on this same day, Tuesday Nov 27th, they're saying the task force is taking a new direction.

http://www.9news.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=1992964950001

I thought they had said something about waiting until spring, but I haven't found it yet. I'll keep looking.

Anyway, if LE intends to dive in the lake again, I'd like to know why ER is hiring other divers. Actually, I'd like to hear from LE what their intentions are in regards to the lake.

There was the "brush" comment from LE regarding the K-9 Forensics search:

Brought over from thread #40

I agree - that doesn't make any sense unless the brush was wrapped around a body or the brush was used somehow in the disposal of a body and had residual cadaver scent on it.

Salem

Well I don't know. I'm going back through the articles and videos looking for what LE said at the end of the search. In this 9 News video, the reporter says LE said unless they get more info, their search of the lake is finished. Then you look at the other news stories, and you see the FBI has come in the day before, and on this same day, Tuesday Nov 27th, they're saying the task force is taking a new direction.

http://www.9news.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=1992964950001

I thought they had said something about waiting until spring, but I haven't found it yet. I'll keep looking.

Anyway, if LE intends to dive in the lake again, I'd like to know why ER is hiring other divers. Actually, I'd like to hear from LE what their intentions are in regards to the lake.

I was referring to the Feb 27th search with K-9 Forensics that LE had discounted. Would still be interesting to see if LE have any future lake searches planned. I know k-9 Forensics is headed back to CO sometime in the next few weeks but I would imagine their work in the lake is done. Maybe not? Sounds like LE is happy to let family foot the bill for the hard work until spring.

I imagine ER is hiring other divers because she wants to find her son. Waiting on LE isn't really working out well for her.

I was referring to the Feb 27th search with K-9 Forensics that LE had discounted. Would still be interesting to see if LE have any future lake searches planned. I know k-9 Forensics is headed back to CO sometime in the next few weeks but I would imagine their work in the lake is done. Maybe not? Sounds like LE is happy to let family foot the bill for the hard work until spring.

I imagine ER is hiring other divers because she wants to find her son. Waiting on LE isn't really working out well for her.

You quoted my reply to Salem. Did you mean to quote a different post?

Now supposed Bender's thinking is the dogs have been wrong before ( and Im not paying to have them look again ) because we're on a tight budget. YIKES ! I would hate for that to be the case.

You quoted my reply to Salem. Did you mean to quote a different post?

No- I just wanted to clarify what I was looking for in regards to LE feelings about the lake searches. You mentioned November in your reply to Salem, I was focused to February. By clarifying, I have muddied the waters. Apologies for using your post as a jumping off point.

Don't remember what time MR got up that Monday morning, but when I first read it I thought it was way too early for most adults to start running errands. Does MR have a regular job and is he used to getting up that early? What are his usual waking habits? And then, to be gone for all those hours ... Right off it sounded strange to me. I tend to believe that Dylan never even made it to his dad's house.

He said he needed to be at his payroll office early Monday morning. Some possible reasons why: needed to get information from payroll (possibly for his attorney appointment), needed to supply information to payroll - mileage form, timesheet, expense report. That was a short work week and it would not be unusual for a payroll office to have a short deadline for filing paperwork to meet a paycheck cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman