CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet apparently he slept in all the clothes he went missing in. I know he is a boy and all but it seems odd to me he wore the exact same clothes Sunday and Monday . To not even change socks or underwear and to not shower as well.

ETA- I just can not imagine anybody flying which is bothersome and sleeping in them clothes and not showering and at least changing some portion of the clothes .

:cow:
And how do we know he didn't change his clothes? No one has seen him after Sunday at the Walmart(except MR) . Perhaps he put his dirty clothes back in his backpack..along with his phone,chargers,ipod and every other single solitary thing he brought with him.

It was the moment when I realized that maybe something just wasn't going the way I thought it would with LE.

Or maybe Wendy told LE she saw what looked like a body in the water, and that's what LE was saying was brush pushed up against a tree. It just makes no sense to say cadaver dogs were scenting brush. Wish we had a hotline to LE to ask questions.

No- I just wanted to clarify what I was looking for in regards to LE feelings about the lake searches. You mentioned November in your reply to Salem, I was focused to February. By clarifying, I have muddied the waters. Apologies for using your post as a jumping off point.

No problem! I realized you were talking about Feb when I replied to your post about it.

BBM that wording catches my eye every time!

Trying to text him!

Originally Posted by aust amateur slueth
R: So you went to run errands. Were you going to take him with you to run errands?

M: Well, there was some discussion he had with me the night before about leaving with me so I could drop him off in the Bayfield are with one of his friends that had been trying to text him or that he had been communicating with. As he had indicated to me he had been up until 4 o'clock in the morning the night before, he was tired from being in the airport most of the day in his travel from Colorado Springs to Durango. I laughed at him kind of jokingly because I know him. If he ain't got to get up, he's not likely to get up. And he's not the type of kid who's going to get up at 6:30 if he doesn't have to. But you know, his friends are important and I know they're important me. So there was a possibility but it doesn't surprise me he elected to not get up when I left. And when I left, he acknowledged everything I was saying to him and that I would be back. He knew when I came back that I would be working on getting him down to his friends. And that's part of the struggle we all have, you know, what happened to him between the time I left and when I got back. And that's what nobody seems to be able to answer.

All very vague language IMO.... and even though I think the word
"with" is weird in the following sentence, this is a direct statement: "Dylan, my prayers are with you and I love you very much". That was direct and then this one: "I sent him text messages" That was direct, not vague at all - that is why I believe that he knows how to speak normally and only speaks vaguely when he is lying. IMO

I think LE has information which tells them that it could not be Dylan in the lake. I believe that the HRD dogs from NM did get hits. They as well are certified, but LE stated that they cleared the lake in relation to Dylan not that the lake did not have a body in it.

As for Wendy's hits, I could not come across what certifications her dogs had. What I did find odd is that she brought both HRD and a scent one. The scent one perplexed me. The one thing she was able to do is keep a number of people focused on what she was doing rather than what LE was doing.

This LE is being called hillbillies and I must disagree. They are working in a situation that quite frankly is toxic and in which many had tunnel vision from the first day. Thank goodness LE appeared to keep all options open for Dylan's sake.

What could this information be? I have no idea but I do know that LE was asking for any and all video repeatedly. They had to have a reason for this and I don't think it was to make sure MR's truck was on the road. They wanted to check all vehicles.

I do believe that LE has determined Dylan made it to the house. I do believe that there were items for scent on the Monday evening, and I do believe his scent was tracked. There would be no reason to bring k9's in on the Monday night if they did not have scent items. The more I looked at his backpack I realized that he probably had one checked item, which on most commuter flights would be required, due to the shortage in storage space on the airplane. I believe LE did ask for additional items to be brought, as the handlers prefer to use a different article each time they search.

I understand that some are adamant that MR is guilty. I get that. What I personally can't do is ignore other scenarios which do not involve him simply due to the fact of how LE has worded various releases or to satisfy one particular group as I am here for Dylan and no one else.

What happens if while the dogs were hitting on the lake, they have Dylan on video in a vehicle?

What I have to do is keep reminding myself that no one has been cleared.

ETA I as well found it odd that LE released a timeline of Dylan's movements for November 18th. They specifically put November 18th, which leads me to think that they might have information after that date that they have not released.

I brought up this money thing last week and even sent some information to Kevin Torres hoping he might follow up with an investigative report. There were 2 cases I cited, of prolonged child disappearance cases, and each were in the $700,000 range to conduct the search and investigation. That would be in the neighborhood of 1% of the county's total budget. I asked KT to check into whether or not the sheriff's office has filed any report with the county board on projected costs for this investigation. For the Kyron Horman case, the sheriff of Multnomah County filed a 120-day plan with the county. I want to know if finances are hindering this search, how much has been spent and if they are doing any emergency budget work to cover an ongoing investigation. This is all public info and if you lived there you could just attend the county board meeting and ask this.

Never heard back from KT so I am sending it to MB today.

It's interesting to me how some high-profile cases have the amount of $$ spent released, while in others, it's kept private. I bet the media could get that information in any case, but I feel like in cases where the child was abducted by a non-family member, it's completely taboo to even bring it up. I can't imagine the Denver media ever revealing how much was spent on the Ridgeway case, even though it probably is in the millions, and I think people would be annoyed with them if they ever did. But with cases where a family member is generally considered to be involved, it seems like it's more acceptable for the media to publish that kind of information. I'm guessing it's because the family member is sending LE on a wild goose chase. Hopefully Kevin Torres answers your questions about it. And I think whether a case is solved or not also determines whether that information is released like; What do you have to show for X amount of dollars spent?

I wonder instead of using divers, who can only stay under water for very short periods of time, could they could use a mini submarine to cover a much bigger distance, with no problems regarding to the very cold temperatures?

Has LE ever said they are waiting for spring to search the lake again? Or is this an assumption?

Also, I do not see how LE can possibly say he is or is not in the lake, or that if someone is in the lake, it is not Dylan. IMO they have made it pretty clear they do not know what became of him.

In my search for articles about the K-9 search just a few minutes ago, I ran across the series of pics that show that lonely group out on the ice. Dog handlers, the lucky fellow wielding the equipment to cut the ice, Denise (FMDR admin) and MH. Striking images.

http://www.kob.com/photoGallery/2013-02-27-862/embed_2013-02-27-862.html

Thank you for posting these. I know I'd seen them before but it's been a little while and I'd forgotten how striking these pictures are. I still can't keep myself from choking up when I see those dogs digging around in the snow, and sniffing at holes in the ice. They look pretty happy to be working, doing what they're naturally good at and trained to do, and yet when I think about what they're looking for it's just... I can't even put it into words, just so horrible to think about I guess. I know most of you know what I mean.

And how do we know he didn't change his clothes? No one has seen him after Sunday at the Walmart(except MR) . Perhaps he put his dirty clothes back in his backpack..along with his phone,chargers,ipod and every other single solitary thing he brought with him.

Also to put forth a bit of humor here...When my son was ages 11-13 he did some very strange things regarding his clothing...for a while he would go to bed with his clothes all neatly laid out on the floor in front of his bed..shirt all laid out..then underwear,pants,socks and sneakers...he wanted to save time in the mornings...Then he changed that and after bathing..he would get dressed for the next day and go to bed in his clothes..again to save time..but on weekends or school breaks..he would wear the same clothes until I dragged them off him..literally. So it would not surprise me that Dylan was wearing the same clothes....

Has LE ever said they are waiting for spring to search the lake again? Or is this an assumption?

Also, I do not see how LE can possibly say he is or is not in the lake, or that if someone is in the lake, it is not Dylan. IMO they have made it pretty clear they do not know what became of him.

Can anyone here explain to me why LE would wait till spring to bring up a body? I certainly can't as I would think even if the divers could only go down one time per day, they would try to bring the body up for forensics.

If they wait till spring they will probably lose a crapola of forensics.

They brought in a dive team of 7. They have had the helicopters up and it was not just to get a birds eye view of the lake.

It's interesting to me how some high-profile cases have the amount of $$ spent released, while in others, it's kept private. I bet the media could get that information in any case, but I feel like in cases where the child was abducted by a non-family member, it's completely taboo to even bring it up. I can't imagine the Denver media ever revealing how much was spent on the Ridgeway case, even though it probably is in the millions, and I think people would be annoyed with them if they ever did. But with cases where a family member is generally considered to be involved, it seems like it's more acceptable for the media to publish that kind of information. I'm guessing it's because the family member is sending LE on a wild goose chase. Hopefully Kevin Torres answers your questions about it. And I think whether a case is solved or not also determines whether that information is released like; What do you have to show for X amount of dollars spent?

I forwarded it on MB thinking that maybe she would be hungrier for a story idea. They're both 9news so it's not like it's network competition.

I notice that some governments are slower than others to publish their reports, and some don't publish quarterly reports. A lot of "it depends" out there - for instance the City of Aurora shows that it spent $387k in Q4 and $551k in Q3 last year on the theater tragedy, and that case is far from closed, with a trial date now of Aug. 5. It's such a large ongoing amount that it's tracked and reported separately. City of Arvada seems to be about 6 months behind on its reporting so we may or may not see any of the Jessica investigation costs any time soon. The other cases I sent were Jhessye Shockley and Kyron Horman - just the landfill search for Jhessye cost the city over $700k. Caysee Anthony is being sued for the $900k investigative costs to the city - no chance they'll ever recover but at least it reveals the costs.

And in no means am I questioning the costs of these investigations. I want every resource possible put towards finding these lost children. I just want accountability and oversight by the elected boards and often raising the money issue gets those folks' attention quickest.

About the trucks...

sorry to keep posting stuff- keeping an open mind stiill...BUT does anyone know if either of MR's trucks ( I think he has 2 vehicles-trucks?) are 4 wheel drive?

I don't know and couldn't tell from the pictures I've seen, but given the elevation and the snow levels I'm guessing that at least one of them probably is. The truck being pulled up onto the tow truck looks fairly tall IMO which also makes me think it's probably 4WD.

Also to put forth a bit of humor here...When my son was ages 11-13 he did some very strange things regarding his clothing...for a while he would go to bed with his clothes all neatly laid out on the floor in front of his bed..shirt all laid out..then underwear,pants,socks and sneakers...he wanted to save time in the mornings...Then he changed that and after bathing..he would get dressed for the next day and go to bed in his clothes..again to save time..but on weekends or school breaks..he would wear the same clothes until I dragged them off him..literally. So it would not surprise me that Dylan was wearing the same clothes....

It's definitely a transition period for boys. I'm glad my older son has his hygiene figured out finally but it still gets iffy with my 12 yo.

The important thing is both parents agreed that Dylan probably did not change his clothes and would still be wearing what he had on Sunday.

My son was doing the same thing for awhile at 12 or 13. My husband told him that if he missed the school bus one more time, we were going to take away his PlayStation. So he started bathing at night, putting on his clean clothing, and going to bed, all ready for school. :giggle:

I can't find anything saying they're going to wait for spring. Can't find anything indicating they intend going back there at all. Still looking. I keep getting sidetracked.

Don't remember what time MR got up that Monday morning, but when I first read it I thought it was way too early for most adults to start running errands. Does MR have a regular job and is he used to getting up that early? What are his usual waking habits? And then, to be gone for all those hours ... Right off it sounded strange to me. I tend to believe that Dylan never even made it to his dad's house.

Clearly you haven't met my father in law. :rolleyes: When I first read the description of MR's attempts to wake Dylan up that morning by being noisy around the house, all I could think about was my father in law doing the same thing. He loves the stores that open super early so he can go do his errands before most people are even out of bed yet, but first he tries every possible means to wake up everyone else. Vacuuming, banging dishes around, coughing loudly, opening blinds/curtains, shutting doors kind of hard, etc. I know I'm not Dylan and I don't know what Dylan would do, but I know my husband and I have both perfected the art of halfway sleeping or pretending to sleep through all that. (and yes, I feel ridiculous as a grown woman acting like a teenager, but so far it's the only thing we've found that works!). Eventually he'll leave to go run errands as soon as the "early" stores open, and as long as we don't get up, we can usually fall right back asleep. As it relates to Dylan I could definitely see him doing the same... pull the covers up over his head if necessary and remain halfway asleep (or try to anyway) until his Dad left.

I wonder instead of using divers, who can only stay under water for very short periods of time, could they could use a mini submarine to cover a much bigger distance, with no problems regarding to the very cold temperatures?

I believe the family is looking at several options, including remote operated mini subs, to search in the lake. FMDR posted about this not too long ago.

As always, I'm playing catch up so I hope this isn't too far off what's being discussed. I don't think the fact that K-9 Forensics brought a bloodhound with means anything. From the information on their website, I believe she's just a pup and still being trained. I think she's mainly just "shadowing" the collies, visiting the school and learning discipline and socialization. MOO

Bender and the dogs.

February 27, 2013 -

On Wednesday, Bender said several TV stations had called the Sheriff's Office about a rumor that Dylan's body had been found.

The rumor originated on the “Find Missing Dylan Redwine” Facebook page, with a posting that said cadaver dogs hired by the Redwines “obviously think there is a cadaver in the lake.”

Bender said the dogs had been wrong before, and Dylan remained officially at large.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20...edwines’-Dr-Phil-appearance-delivers-drama--#

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3