CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find anything saying they're going to wait for spring. Can't find anything indicating they intend going back there at all. Still looking. I keep getting sidetracked.

Thanks for looking for it. I don't know if this will help since I don't have a link, but maybe the fact that I don't have one will help? I don't recall seeing it listed anywhere in MSM and I also don't recall seeing it on the FB pages from any of the official sources such as the page admin, or Wendy on the K9 team. I'm guessing it was an assumption but I'll be interested to see if you find anything different.

Thanks for looking for it. I don't know if this will help since I don't have a link, but maybe the fact that I don't have one will help? I don't recall seeing it listed anywhere in MSM and I also don't recall seeing it on the FB pages from any of the official sources such as the page admin, or Wendy on the K9 team. I'm guessing it was an assumption but I'll be interested to see if you find anything different.

I'm not having any luck. I'm giving up. Sorry, all.

Here is a fearless group of individuals that ice dive as a sport. I was looking for information and came across this video and thought I would share. The video didn't give me answers to the questions I had but it is interesting anyway to watch what this group does in action. I bet these people would come search for Dylan for free, but I'm sure there are all kinds of liability issues along with needing to know more about the group in general.

http://www.minnpost.com/minnclips/2...ater-wont-keep-these-minnesotans-scuba-diving

Is it possible that the Bloodhound from K-9 Forensics was there to search for any of Dylan's belongings? Wonder how long the backpack or any of it's contents (ie clothes) would hold his scent..?

:twocents:

And how do we know he didn't change his clothes? No one has seen him after Sunday at the Walmart(except MR) . Perhaps he put his dirty clothes back in his backpack..along with his phone,chargers,ipod and every other single solitary thing he brought with him.

All the reports have him in the same clothes as he arrived in if you look at the missing poster. So i am going by that.

Is it possible that the Bloodhound from K-9 Forensics was there to search for any of Dylan's belongings? Wonder how long the backpack or any of it's contents (ie clothes) would hold his scent..?

:twocents:

I have heard six weeks for live scent, not sure about scent items. Sarx? Anyone?

what a shame, page 33 and nothing new.....so sad, I am almost zero hope that he will be found alive at this point.

you know I would have to dig like crazy for a link, but I believe that same bunch with the dogs was there earlier, and the pics link above was from a 2nd trip...anyone else recall that too?

So we have someone who has trucks, good for getting off the main paved roads, and they have lived in the area for a good while...
course that could apply to more than one person.....

anyone local know about Tuckerville?
http://www.coloradogeohikes.0catch.com/Colorado/Tuckerville/Tuckerville.html

What about Middle Mountain Rd?

Interesting stuff. Middle Mountain Road looks to go north from MR's house and peter out into the mountains. I wonder if the foot searches in November went very far above MR's house or if it was all down below, toward the lake and Bayfield/Durango. Choppers flew over the area but I imagine they were searching for a live boy, not a body. Once again, spring cannot come soon enough.

Why can't the divers use something like dredgers use when they dive?? Something that pumps warm water into a wetsuit to keep them warm. People can stay down for hours in those. It seems that would be the way to go with this search under ice. I have no idea what the cost would be for something like this. JMO

Why can't the divers use something like dredgers use when they dive?? Something that pumps warm water into a wetsuit to keep them warm. People can stay down for hours in those. It seems that would be the way to go with this search under ice. I have no idea what the cost would be for something like this. JMO

I thnk the high altitude is also a problem diving there, not just cold. Something about pressure and the bends....

http://www.altitude.org/high_altitude_diving.php

any locals familiar with all the old mines in La Plata county? there are 207.

One of the concerns, as I recall were the extreme cold of the water, the depth of the water in Lake Vallecito, and the altitude that the Lake is at. I remember when they described putting the divers in that it was extremely dangerous, that they could only go down for 20 mins. or so at a time, and iirc they could not dive to the bottom due to the depth/altitude and risk of injury to the divers. I don't know if it was stated by LE that they would go back in the Spring, but that seemed to be the prevailing thought at the time - they suspended the dives due to the risks involved. I will take a shot at trying to find those details as well - I know people have been looking for them, but I know they discussed the altitude/water depth, and temperatures as the reason for only having the divers search the lake for a short time, and why they then brought in the dogs in the boats...

Obviously, all of the above is based upon my own recollection, IMO, and MOO - until I can find a corroborating link in the MSM. When/if I find it I will post it on the thread.

you know I would have to dig like crazy for a link, but I believe that same bunch with the dogs was there earlier, and the pics link above was from a 2nd trip...anyone else recall that too?

Wendy brought her dogs to the area previously. The posts about it are on the K9-Forensics page or the NM SAR group page. I think it was December, but I'd have to look it up to be sure. I don't know if she had contact with anyone in Dylan's family at the time.

ETA -

Here's one of the posts
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=441953229193967&id=249798878409404

Thanks Cheese, that is where I recall that from now you mentioned it:)

One of the concerns, as I recall were the extreme cold of the water, the depth of the water in Lake Vallecito, and the altitude that the Lake is at. I remember when they described putting the divers in that it was extremely dangerous, that they could only go down for 20 mins. or so at a time, and iirc they could not dive to the bottom due to the depth/altitude and risk of injury to the divers. I don't know if it was stated by LE that they would go back in the Spring, but that seemed to be the prevailing thought at the time - they suspended the dives due to the risks involved. I will take a shot at trying to find those details as well - I know people have been looking for them, but I know they discussed the altitude/water depth, and temperatures as the reason for only having the divers search the lake for a short time, and why they then brought in the dogs in the boats...

Obviously, all of the above is based upon my own recollection, IMO, and MOO - until I can find a corroborating link in the MSM. When/if I find it I will post it on the thread.

The New Mexico police's dive team has members from Albuquerque, Roswell, Hobbs, Deming, Raton and one of the divers — Joe Schake — is a Farmington native, Bender said.
The divers could only stay under for about 20 to 30 minutes at a time because the water temperature was between 38 and 42 degrees, he said.
The divers wore dry suits to keep their core temperature stable but they quickly lost dexterity in their fingers because of the water temperature, Pierce said.
The lake is at 7,700 feet above sea level which can complicate how the diver reacts to the oxygen, helium and nitrogen combination in their air tanks, Pierce said.
The divers went as deep as 40 feet below the surface, where visibility was about seven or eight feet, Bender said.
Diving into Vallecito Reservoir in those conditions "is an instant headache," said Jesse Kuzma, a master scuba instructor and the owner of Trinity Diving, a scuba-diving school in Aztec. "They are going through some tough times."
Kuzma, who trains with the state police divers, said they are experienced at diving in high-altitude, cold-water lakes.
"We know what they're going through," Kuzma said. "And (scuba divers) avoid those conditions as much as possible."

http://www.daily-times.com/ci_22071476/colorado-boy-still-missing-after-two-day-underwater

The New Mexico police's dive team has members from Albuquerque, Roswell, Hobbs, Deming, Raton and one of the divers — Joe Schake — is a Farmington native, Bender said.
The divers could only stay under for about 20 to 30 minutes at a time because the water temperature was between 38 and 42 degrees, he said.
The divers wore dry suits to keep their core temperature stable but they quickly lost dexterity in their fingers because of the water temperature, Pierce said.
The lake is at 7,700 feet above sea level which can complicate how the diver reacts to the oxygen, helium and nitrogen combination in their air tanks, Pierce said.
The divers went as deep as 40 feet below the surface, where visibility was about seven or eight feet, Bender said.
Diving into Vallecito Reservoir in those conditions "is an instant headache," said Jesse Kuzma, a master scuba instructor and the owner of Trinity Diving, a scuba-diving school in Aztec. "They are going through some tough times."
Kuzma, who trains with the state police divers, said they are experienced at diving in high-altitude, cold-water lakes.
"We know what they're going through," Kuzma said. "And (scuba divers) avoid those conditions as much as possible."

http://www.daily-times.com/ci_22071476/colorado-boy-still-missing-after-two-day-underwater

BBM: Maybe that is one of the biggest problems. From what I have been reading, equipment malfunction can be a issue in the cold waters also.

I forwarded it on MB thinking that maybe she would be hungrier for a story idea. They're both 9news so it's not like it's network competition.

I notice that some governments are slower than others to publish their reports, and some don't publish quarterly reports. A lot of "it depends" out there - for instance the City of Aurora shows that it spent $387k in Q4 and $551k in Q3 last year on the theater tragedy, and that case is far from closed, with a trial date now of Aug. 5. It's such a large ongoing amount that it's tracked and reported separately. City of Arvada seems to be about 6 months behind on its reporting so we may or may not see any of the Jessica investigation costs any time soon. The other cases I sent were Jhessye Shockley and Kyron Horman - just the landfill search for Jhessye cost the city over $700k. Caysee Anthony is being sued for the $900k investigative costs to the city - no chance they'll ever recover but at least it reveals the costs.

And in no means am I questioning the costs of these investigations. I want every resource possible put towards finding these lost children. I just want accountability and oversight by the elected boards and often raising the money issue gets those folks' attention quickest.

Re: Jessica Ridgeway's case -- you are also dealing with multiple local, and multiple county jurisdictions and agencies in that case. Westminster PD was responsible for the primary search (Westminster has part of it in Jefferson County(Jeffco), and part is in Adams County), Arvada PD in regard to recovery of JR's remains and crime scene investigation, Broomfield PD which is in Boulder CO, iirc was also involved as that was where her backpack was found, plus the Jeffco Sheriff's office, and the Jeffco courts for the trial. Whereas, in the Aurora Movie Shooting case, it all took place in Aurora, and the investigation and such is all within Arapahoe County. IOW - the costs for JR's case as reported by Arvada Municipality would only include a limited portion of the expenses, whereas the entire investigation would be reported through Aurora city, and Araphahoe County records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee