CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some institutions in the Denver metro area that probably have ROVs - The School of Mines in Golden, Univ of Colorado in Boulder and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, also in Boulder (I know they have ROVs, just not sure if there are any at the Boulder facility).

A problem with Lake Vallecito could be the fact that it had to be extensively logged before the valley was dammed to make the lake. The bottom may still be very cluttered with stumps and debris - it could be tough to find a small body among all that.

BBM

Especially if the body is weighted down....it's probably like a small underwater forest down there....

There are some institutions in the Denver metro area that probably have ROVs - The School of Mines in Golden, Univ of Colorado in Boulder and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, also in Boulder (I know they have ROVs, just not sure if there are any at the Boulder facility).

A problem with Lake Vallecito could be the fact that it had to be extensively logged before the valley was dammed to make the lake. The bottom may still be very cluttered with stumps and debris - it could be tough to find a small body among all that.

That would also make maneuvering an ROV difficult too, I would think.

ETA: Bear Lake mentioned previously about ROV searches is a natural lake so it wouldn't have the same type of snags associated with an artificial lake created from logging and damming. And Lake Powell was formerly sandstone canyonland and so would also not have the same issue with submerged stumps and snags.

I fear Vallecito is not going to give up Dylan easily, if his body is in the lake :(

It absolutely kills me that we may never be able to rule out that stupid lake completely.

Here is a fearless group of individuals that ice dive as a sport. I was looking for information and came across this video and thought I would share. The video didn't give me answers to the questions I had but it is interesting anyway to watch what this group does in action. I bet these people would come search for Dylan for free, but I'm sure there are all kinds of liability issues along with needing to know more about the group in general.

http://www.minnpost.com/minnclips/2...ater-wont-keep-these-minnesotans-scuba-diving

What's the altitude there? It DOES make a huge difference.

Ask a certified diver what it's like to dive at over 7,000 feet above sea level.

Ask a certified diver what it's like to dive at over 7,000 feet above sea level.

Stillwater, MN, (where those divers were) is about 800 feet, I think.

snipped for TOS

I am not surprised that they have not thus far shared the name of the organization they are bringing in to help search the lake. K-9 Forensics endured some discrediting, harassment and general strife in their efforts to do good. I hope FMDR is able to keep info about the hired searchers as quiet as they need in order to be effective. Sounds like they are thinking outside of the box with technology/ROVs which is a good thing!

K-9 Forensics in not accredited in their own home state on NM. NM has a state law about all SAR groups. They failed to abide by their own state laws/failed to get certified:
http://www.dps.nm.org/index.php/search-rescue/search-rescue-review-board/

That others may live is the motto

State law SAR:
http://www.dps.nm.org/index.php/search-rescue/search-rescue/

I don't think LE thinks Dylan is in the lake, their last release said he was "at large." Weird wording on that. Dylan is still at large, like he's John Dillinger or something.

K-9 Forensics in not accredited in their own home state on NM. NM has a state law about all SAR groups. They failed to abide by their own state laws/failed to get certified:
http://www.dps.nm.org/index.php/search-rescue/search-rescue-review-board/

That others may live is the motto

State law SAR:
http://www.dps.nm.org/index.php/search-rescue/search-rescue/

I think someone said she was certified in Florida. Sarx (I believe it was) also said there are different levels of certification. I know that Wendy talks about doing training and certification a lot on her facebook page.

It doesn't matter to me if she's NM State certified or not. She offered to help find Dylan for free and the family seems happy with her and seems to trust her and her dogs. It's not like all these SAR groups have been offering free help. And I think this is why so many are reluctant to do so. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I don't think LE thinks Dylan is in the lake, their last release said he was "at large." Weird wording on that. Dylan is still at large, like he's John Dillinger or something.

At large does sound like something you would you say for an escaped criminal. Well if they think he's 'at large' they sure haven't done much to get the word out 'to be on the lookout'.

If they believe he was kidnapped (by a stranger or other) and possibly taken out of the area, their attempts to find him have been very poor at best.

No kidding. Can't believe I missed that wording when it first came out. Very strange. I couldn't help but (facetiously) think they should be staking out banks in order to find Dylan! :waitasec:

Their use of that wording (at large) makes me take their wording in other instances less seriously, as far as thinking they are carefully choosing every word or phrase.

I think someone said she was certified in Florida. Sarx (I believe it was) also said there are different levels of certification. I know that Wendy talks about doing training and certification a lot on her facebook page.

It doesn't matter to me if she's NM State certified or not. She offered to help find Dylan for free and the family seems happy with her and seems to trust her and her dogs. It's not like all these SAR groups have been offering free help. And I think this is why so many are reluctant to do so. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

That's fine that you don't care about NM certification, but I do. TES also works with LE, but Wendy Kessinger doesn't.

Did you follow the Tammy Salle case?

Start here with her criticism of all things LE/Dept. of Justice, etc
http://www.nbcmontana.com/news/Repo...es/-/14594602/19097550/-/101pfbt/-/index.html

FREE?????????

Body found:
http://mtstandard.com/news/local/bo...cle_2366d148-83a4-11e2-bef0-001a4bcf887a.html

Certified in Florida? I'll donate all my husbands shoes to charity if you can find that cert.

This would be torture for these divers at this altitude, water temperature, etc. If one takes into consideration that this was logged prior to building it for the floods, I think the lake bottom could be unforgiving.

I have looked into lake accidents to see if there was a possibility they were unable to retrieve an accident victim. The wording of some of the articles makes it difficult to determine and I doubt that LE would release that information.

I am unsure whether LE thinks the hits are someone else or not. I am not getting a good feel from what they have stated one way or the other. Are they stating this till they can safely bring in other equipment/divers, or the water warms up? Or do they feel that it really is not Dylan? Could they of perhaps already brought in an ROV and we don't know it? What technology did they use with the helicopters?

The HRD are usually quite accurate, and it was different dogs on different days.

So many questions, so few answers.

Sigh

Is there a link somewhere showing where TES or anyone else has offered to help find Dylan?

<Mod Snip>

Is there a link somewhere showing where TES or anyone else has offered to help find Dylan?

<Mod Snip>.

No, in fact, when FMDR asked LE about letting TES come search, LE asked them to hold off. This was in early December. LE doesn't want TES anywhere near Colorado for some reason.

Well can someone provide me with a link to someone...anyone other than K9 forensics that has offered to help search for Dylan? I've been searching and searching and can't find anything.

I can't even find anything about Dylan on the TES website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockDuck