CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped by me

Was he talking about where the mail lady saw the boys when he said 'on the other side by the marina'? Do you remember what he was referring to when he said this? I'm curious.

No, the marina comment wasn't made in relation to the mail carrier's possible sighting. I'm almost positive that she stated she saw the two kids on the road up to MR's house, so it wouldn't be at the lake, or near the marina where she saw them.

I'll hop over to the transcript of the show and find that exact part and bring it to the thread. He even made a pointing motion when he was talking about the marina. I'll be back as quickly as possible with the exact words and context.

I really don't think she was lying, but she may have been mistaken. It's not like she only came up with this for the DP show - the sightings were reported almost immediately IIRC, but then discounted pretty quickly. I do recall references being made to another local boy who looked similar to Dylan.
How frustrating for anyone to have their information ignored because it can't be verified by others.

In line with a possible stranger/SO abduction theory, I also have in the back of my mind that these predators have been known to lure a potential victim by using another teen as bait. JMO
:moo:

Thank you so much for posting that, catwhiskers. I know it is far-fetched and way out there, and I don't need anyone to come to the forum to tell me why this couldn't be a reasonable theory, but this haunts me and has since the day the show aired and I realized that it had not been proven false. The thought that the second boy was in on it, and may also be endangered...agh. IMO

Here is Angie the Mail Carrier's statement from the Dr Phil show. I was sorry she did not participate in the live taping to allow for Q and A.

On the day Dylan went missing, I saw 2 boys walking down the road not too far from where Dylan lives. It was around 1:30 in the afternoon. When I saw the boys, I thought to myself, Hey, there’s Mark’s son, Dylan. The next day I talked to Mark, and he said Dylan hadn’t come home all night, and he was really worried about him. I really don’t think Mark was the last person to see Dylan that day.

I don't remember it being reported about whether she was in a vehicle or walking or what. Could you tell me where that came from?

Thanks

I have not seen a mail carrier walking in Years!
Do they still?

I cant see a mail carrier walking delivering mail in Vallecito.

JMO

I don't remember it being reported about whether she was in a vehicle or walking or what. Could you tell me where that came from?

Thanks

I believe her words were that she "rode by" which would indicate driving. IMO I don't think walking a route like she had would be practical in any way whatsoever. We're talking about a big route in a remote mountainous location. I never - in my 7 years living in CO - saw a mail carrier walking while in the mountains except perhaps to deliver in-town. But, of course, that would be more along the lines of a common sense thing vs. something proven.

I'm heading over to the transcript to pull the statements about the marina, but I'll pull the statement the mail carrier said on the DP show while I'm there, too... :)

Thank you so much for posting that, catwhiskers. I know it is far-fetched and way out there, and I don't need anyone to come to the forum to tell me why this couldn't be a reasonable theory, but this haunts me and has since the day the show aired and I realized that it had not been proven false. The thought that the second boy was in on it, and may also be endangered...agh. IMO

Here is Angie the Mail Carrier's statement from the Dr Phil show. I was sorry she did not participate in the live taping to allow for Q and A.

Thanks for pulling the mail carrier's quote. I'm off to find the marina quote(s) now. You all are too quick for me! LOL

BBM

The theory is certainly reasonable and not far-fetched or way out there to LE, and they know more about this case than anyone else, so I wouldn't worry about that -

"He either left the house and someone abducted him or something happened while he was still at the house. I could not think of a 3rd possibility," said Dan Bender, spokesman from the La Plata County Sheriff's Office.

I have not seen a mail carrier walking in Years!
Do they still?

I cant see a mail carrier walking delivering mail in Vallecito.

JMO

Where I live, they all get out of their trucks to walk to the mail boxes and up to the doors, to run in a store to get a drink, to stop in to get some lunch, to go to the bathroom, and even to talk to people.

OK, as I'm going through the media links thread I'm finding some info. that may shed some light on the possible sightings information, and other things. Keep in mind that reporters do not always get things right especially if there are conflicting reports.

First, vasportsmom's post here contains info. as reported in the media about several possible sightings in the first days of the searching:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8589459&postcount=14"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 *Media , Maps & Timelines*[/ame]
One of the possible sightings was found to have been a jogger (the rescue workers), and it is thought that the 3rd possible reported sighting was likely the same jogger. (see above comment for the various news links)

Nursebeeme made note of the following in this comment:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8590537&postcount=22"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 *Media , Maps & Timelines*[/ame]
At this time, the La Plata County Sheriff’s Department said Mark Redwine is not a suspect in his son’s disappearance. They are conducting a through search of the home to because it was the last place his son was seen.
Read more: http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/...#ixzz2DdklQyXn

OK, that's all I can add at this point about sighting and whether or not they were completely ignored, or investigated and dismissed - as in other cases there are lots of tips, leads, and possible sightings, and I have no reason to believe they completely ignored the mail carrier's report to them.

Still trying to get to the transcript of the DP show... Sorry it's taking me so long. Got side-tracked seeing some of those first posts on the media/timeline thread, and I'm having trouble with pages not wanting to load for me. Will check if anyone found it first when I hit "post".

I believe her words were that she "rode by" which would indicate driving. IMO I don't think walking a route like she had would be practical in any way whatsoever. We're talking about a big route in a remote mountainous location. I never - in my 7 years living in CO - saw a mail carrier walking while in the mountains except perhaps to deliver in-town. But, of course, that would be more along the lines of a common sense thing vs. something proven.

I'm heading over to the transcript to pull the statements about the marina, but I'll pull the statement the mail carrier said on the DP show while I'm there, too... :)

Here's the statement from the postal worker from Dr P -

On the day Dylan went missing, I saw 2 boys walking down the road not too far from where Dylan lives. It was around 1:30 in the afternoon. When I saw the boys, I thought to myself, Hey, there’s Mark’s son, Dylan. The next day I talked to Mark, and he said Dylan hadn’t come home all night, and he was really worried about him. I really don’t think Mark was the last person to see Dylan that day.

If you come across anything saying whether she was riding, driving, walking, standing, etc, could you please let me know? Thanks!

So the mail lady doesn't say exactly where or even whether or not she was working that day. I would assume she was working but perhaps not? Just that she thought she saw Dylan with another boy walking not too far from MR's house. I've heard no mention of Dylan having another friend living near his Dad's. Has anyone heard about another friend up by MR's?
Regardless I hope LE has checked it out thoroughly, just like the sighting of the Hispanic male. It needs to be checked and hopefully they can find the actual boys that were walking that day.

So the mail lady doesn't say exactly where or even whether or not she was working that day. I would assume she was working but perhaps not? Just that she thought she saw Dylan with another boy walking not too far from MR's house. I've heard no mention of Dylan having another friend living near his Dad's. Has anyone heard about another friend up by MR's?
Regardless I hope LE has checked it out thoroughly, just like the sighting of the Hispanic male. It needs to be checked and hopefully they can find the actual boys that were walking that day.

I thought it was odd that nothing was ever mentioned about Dylan knowing any kids that lived closer to MR. MR talked about where Dylan liked to go and wonder around when he was there and you would think that he would at least have some casual accointances in the area.

OK, as I'm going through the media links thread I'm finding some info. that may shed some light on the possible sightings information, and other things. Keep in mind that reporters do not always get things right especially if there are conflicting reports.

First, vasportsmom's post here contains info. as reported in the media about several possible sightings in the first days of the searching:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 *Media , Maps & Timelines*
One of the possible sightings was found to have been a jogger (the rescue workers), and it is thought that the 3rd possible reported sighting was likely the same jogger. (see above comment for the various news links)

Respectfully snipped and BBM

I don't see anything at that link saying it is thought that the postal worker sighting was likely the same jogger. I see that the second rescue worker sighting it says was the same jogger or Dylan.

Can you point me to where it says the postal worker sighting was likely the jogger?

Thanks

Rescue worker quote at link -

Two rescue workers said they possibly saw him on separate occasions Tuesday afternoon, but he fled into the forest. Bender said Wednesday one of the sightings turned out to be a jogger; the second may have been the same jogger or Dylan.

Here's the statement from the postal worker from Dr P -

If you come across anything saying whether she was riding, driving, walking, standing, etc, could you please let me know? Thanks!
Just a thought, if she was walking, and she thought to herself "Hey, there’s Mark’s son, Dylan." wouldn't she have waved or said hello?

As an aside, I do wish there was more information from the mail carrier. I would have thought she would have thought "Looks like Dylan, he must be visiting his dad this week." I mean, if she knows the area better than anyone (according to Mark) she would know that Dylan had moved away from the area.

OK, I downloaded the transcript docs, am looking through them as I type this out:

Day 1 -
(First mention of the marina)
Dr. Phil:
Well, I’m not angry with you. I’m just asking questions to try to get information. You think he walked away from the house.

MR:
One of his friends lives up at the lake where I live, and it’s right across from the marina, so it’s not a very far distance for him have…to try to reach out to his friend who lives up at the lake.

That is the only mention of the word marina on Day 1 in the transcript.

Day 2 -
I only find mention of the word lake in the exchange between BH and MR when the fishing pole was brought up...

BH – MR’s first wife:
You said you went to T’s house and talked to him and he didn’t see Dylan. Your next story was that you went to T’s house and nobody was there, so …how could you talk to somebody that isn’t there…

MR:
To respond to that, if I may, I attempted to go to T’s house to talk to him but he didn’t answer the door. I assumed that possibly him and Dylan were at the lake. You know the fishing pole has never been found…I assumed that maybe that was a possibility. Do I know for a fact that he had a fishing pole? Absolutely not…

I don't know why I remember him pointing and saying something about the lake and the marina... I'll have to watch again - maybe I'm combining two things I thought may be important, or confusing them, or something...

My apologies for any further confusion I may have caused with the whole marina thing.

Thanks for pulling the mail carrier's quote. I'm off to find the marina quote(s) now. You all are too quick for me! LOL

Not sure if these are what you are looking for.

KUSA-Dylan Redwine-Dad's Uncut Interview 19:27 through 19:49. (YouTube)
Dr. Phil show #1: 31:48 (YouTube)

I thought it was odd that nothing was ever mentioned about Dylan knowing any kids that lived closer to MR. MR talked about where Dylan liked to go and wonder around when he was there and you would think that he would at least have some casual accointances in the area.
Only if there were some. Some areas don't have a multitude of kids. The only one referenced that I know of is T, who lived 5.9 miles away.

But do you hang out with casual acquaintances? Wouldn't they be friends, then?

Just a thought, if she was walking, and she thought to herself "Hey, there’s Mark’s son, Dylan." wouldn't she have waved or said hello?

As an aside, I do wish there was more information from the mail carrier. I would have thought she would have thought "Looks like Dylan, he must be visiting his dad this week." I mean, if she knows the area better than anyone (according to Mark) she would know that Dylan had moved away from the area.

BBM

Sorry, I don't live in the area or know her, so I don't know if she waved/said hello, would or wouldn't normally wave/say hello, if her hands were full and she couldn't wave, if she too far to say hello, if she knew him by sight but not well enough to say hello, if she had a personal rule not to talk to kids, or anything else like that about her.

IMO, and as the mail carrier herself said, it would be reasonable for her to have just spotted the boys in that area and simply assumed it was Dylan just because she was near MR's home. Like most witnesses, unless something out of the ordinary is going on, you just see things and keep on with whatever you are doing without paying particular attention to details.
I apply this thinking to MR as well - he might have had a pretty ordinary and low key evening with Dylan that Saturday. The fact that he can't recall verbatim every little detail of what was said (and the exact wording) isn't surprising to me at all. Yes it was the last time spent with his son, but if he is innocent he wouldn't have realised that at the time and not memorised every detail. With my brain fog these days I would hate to have to account for what I have been doing for any given amount of time.
:moo:

The school buses would stop up there - probably two or three depending on school start times. It seems like it would be pretty easy for LE to get a list of kids along that road, with the exception maybe of homeschoolers. And I hope that LE has asked the mail carrier all the important questions.

One other thing bugging me. What he is wearing.

November 20 - http://durangoherald.com/article/20121120/NEWS01/121129996/-1/News
It is unknown what clothing he was wearing, but he may have been carrying a backpack.

November 23 - http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S2844228.shtml?cat=500
On Friday, the sheriff's office released new details about what clothes Redwine may have been wearing when he disappeared.

The La Plata County Sheriff says he may have been wearing a blue and white Duke Blue Devils baseball cap, a black Nike t-shirt, black basketball shorts and black Jordan shoes.

So it was 4 days before the sheriff's department released a description of his clothes. This seems like it could have complicated early search efforts. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay