CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could buy that if:

- he called his friends to say was on his way, because he was already running late.

- if someone saw him walking to the highway

- if cars driving by saw him

In such a small area he would certainly would be noticed, because he was not a regular as well he was very young/small to be hitchhiking.

BBM
I wonder what the average traffic count is on that road on a Monday morning (adjusted for holiday)?

Were they very close? I knew they were acquaintances, but I hadn't realized they were best buds to where she was his spokesperson on NG.

Why would anyone lie? Her giving over her store and heading up search parties is all well and good. I think many here at WS know that just because someone inserts themselves like that doesn't make their word gospel. I'm not saying anything bad about Denise/Katt at all. I'm just choosing not to take everything that comes out of her mouth as fact

From what i have read, they were very close friends for years, not just acquaintances. And she was his spokesperson on the first NG episodes. She relayed Marks version of events to the audience, from what he told her.

Yes, why would anyone lie? Good question indeed. And if I had to compare the credibility of the two, Mark or Denise, I would trust her above him.

And she did not 'insert' herself. She personally took on the intensive, time consuming tasks of organizing the searches and publicizing his disappearance.

It just amazes me that Mark gets the blind support that he does, even to the tune of questioning the credibility of someone who has done so much incredible work, and given her time and money and resources to finding Dylan. :waitasec:

If LE believes this is a stranger abduction, resulting from hitchhiking for example, what use would they have for the tapes from DP show, I wonder.

While I give stranger/outsider abduction about a twenty percent possibility, I watch LE and feel they are not operating under this theory at all, IMO. Not because of the DP tapes, but just overall. I think they did indeed want to find that man (since found) in case he had seen something but I can't help feeling that the something they wondered if he saw had to do with MR.

I know LE can get tunnel vision. But I also remind myself that they must know more than we do. (Although unlike some, I do not believe they know a whole lot, just suspicions, IMO). Also they way they recently said something like putting the pieces together, something like that, and that they have lots of little bits of evidence makes me almost convinced that those bits would have to involve MR, only because it seems unlikely they have "lots" of anything that would point to some unknown person.

ETA I also recall DH defending MR quite vigorously early on. She seemed more his friend than ER's. Something changed for her.

I could buy that if:

- he called his friends to say was on his way, because he was already running late.

- if someone saw him walking to the highway

- if cars driving by saw him

In such a small area he would certainly would be noticed, because he was not a regular as well he was very young/small to be hitchhiking.
I think that Dylan would have contacted his friends if he could. I believe that he may have had problems with his phone and that prevented his communication with his friends.

It's a rural area that may not have a lot of people traveling on the roads for extended periods of time. That would explain why no one saw Dylan hitchhiking on the road. MOO.

The very fact that he has a history of hitchhiking makes it that at least one possibility that he was picked up by the wrong person IMO. Every time hitchhiking is discussed I can't fathom a kid his age hitchhiking. I can't even imagine grown ups hitchhiking either. I think for me, the horror stories stuck.

If LE believes this is a stranger abduction, resulting from hitchhiking for example, what use would they have for the tapes from DP show, I wonder.

While I give stranger/outsider abduction about a twenty percent possibility, I watch LE and feel they are not operating under this theory at all, IMO. Not because of the DP tapes, but just overall. I think they did indeed want to find that man (since found) in case he had seen something but I can't help feeling that the something they wondered if he saw had to do with MR.

I know LE can get tunnel vision. But I also remind myself that they must know more than we do. (Although unlike some, I do not believe they know a whole lot, just suspicions, IMO). Also they way they recently said something like putting the pieces together, something like that, and that they have lots of little bits of evidence makes me almost convinced that those bits would have to involve MR, only because it seems unlikely they have "lots" of anything that would point to some unknown person.

BBM

Good question. If LE thinks MR is responsible they would have good reason to want to see those tapes. But I also think they may have been interested in the mail carrier's story. To have her repeating the story still after 3 months may have triggered a number of conversations as to why she would do that. So in addition to looking at MR, I think they might have wanted to observe some of the other participants as well. I don't know if there was any edited footage regarding the mail carrier or other conversation about her story that they would be able to see so JMO.

From what i have read, they were very close friends for years, not just acquaintances. And she was his spokesperson on the first NG episodes. She relayed Marks version of events to the audience, from what he told her.

Yes, why would anyone lie? Good question indeed. And if I had to compare the credibility of the two, Mark or Denise, I would trust her above him.

And she did not 'insert' herself. She personally took on the intensive, time consuming tasks of organizing the searches and publicizing his disappearance.

It just amazes me that Mark gets the blind support that he does, even to the tune of questioning the credibility of someone who has done so much incredible work, and given her time and money and resources to finding Dylan. :waitasec:

I guess I missed where they were very close. I realize she relayed his story on NG, but I didn't realize she was his spokesperson.

I don't compare credibility between the two, because I don't need to. It's not a contest. There is a boy missing.

<modsnip>

I'm not blindly supporting MR. After 45 threads, I thought I've made it clear it's not about choosing to support one parent over another. It's about finding Dylan and not ignoring other possibilities of what may have happened to this boy.

I think there are fewer coincidences to explain if you can assume Dylan may have just been in a mood. Which people seem ok assuming, in order to get a behavior trigger that puts Dylan into a fatal argument with his dad.

So in this scenario, Dylan is in a text or phone conversation Sunday night that puts him in a mood, possibly worsening an already existing bad mood. He shuts off his phone Sunday night in order to get out of the conversation. Bad night's sleep on that lumpy looking couch, now he doesn't want to wake up Monday morning. Finally gets up, forgets the phone is off so never gets the messages from R. Expects his dad back soon, picks up his backpack and goes to hang around outside waiting for his ride. Maybe walks up the road a bit, exploring. Unfortunate coincidence, meets up with the wrong person, something bad happens.

IMO plausible.

It is definitely plausible. But I am not sure it is probable.

His bad mood was not towards his friends, imo. And, I don't believe a 13 yr old forgets to turn on his cell in the morning. I can't get past that. JMO

I am sure there are dangerous people out in the world that DR could fall victim to. But this scenario puts him out there for a few random moments in time.

My scenario puts DR with a dangerous person for 12 straight hours, all alone. I think that makes it the higher probability, jmo.

I think that Dylan would have contacted his friends if he could. I believe that he may have had problems with his phone and that prevented his communication with his friends.

It's a rural area that may not have a lot of people traveling on the roads for extended periods of time. That would explain why no one saw Dylan hitchhiking on the road. MOO.

If there are so few people traveling on the roads, why would he decide to hitchhike & not wait for his father? Then you would have a have that predator that just happened to have a preference for a 13 yr. old boy, before anyone saw him. Seems like a very remote possibility, all things considered & factoring in lack of phone use after the night before.

ETA I also recall DH defending MR quite vigorously early on. She seemed more his friend than ER's. Something changed for her.

I think there are numerous reasons for LE to want the tapes.

1. They think MR is lying and knows more.
2. They think someone else that appeared is lying and knows more.
3. They don't want to leave any stone unturned.
4. They don't have a damn clue and it makes sense to get the tapes.

Your BBM reminded me & I think the link is on this thread, where LE thanked the public for sending in any video the public had from Sunday night until Monday 11:30(?). They may have been able to rule out a number of different scenarios by video tapes alone.

The very fact that he has a history of hitchhiking makes it that at least one possibility that he was picked up by the wrong person IMO. Every time hitchhiking is discussed I can't fathom a kid his age hitchhiking. I can't even imagine grown ups hitchhiking either. I think for me, the horror stories stuck.

I can't help saying that his hitchhiking history seems to be exaggerated. He is known to have done so with a group, on one occasion for certain.

His mother said he would call for a ride, or wait for his father (which I believe he would, seeing how he was due by lunchtime, rather than try to hitch 15 or so miles).

Even MR's ex-girlfriend made it sound like Dylan would never move from the couch if he had a choice. And she was defending MR at the time.

If there are so few people traveling on the roads, why would he decide to hitchhike & not wait for his father? Then you would have a have that predator that just happened to have a preference for a 13 yr. old boy, before anyone saw him. Seems like a very remote possibility, all things considered & factoring in lack of phone use after the night before.

That's the thing, depending on how one looks at things...something always makes sense. It's classic glass half empty/half full.

Examples:

Vallecito is such a rural place, no one is going to come there looking for a kid to snatch.

Vallecito is such a rural place, it's perfect for Joe Pervert to snatch a kid.

Vallecito is a small town. There's only one way in and out, and very little traffic.

Why didn't anyone see him walking/hitchhiking?

I would imagine that Dylan hitchhiked in the past because it worked for him. I'm sure it wasn't like calling a taxi but he got from point A to point B.

At the same time that area is rural enough that vehicle traffic is slight. That would enable a predator to capture his prey without being detected.

I understand how people can come to conclusions about individuals who have drinking problems or other problems that reflect poorly on them.

But does that automatically mean that this individual is guilty of a crime?

No, not automatically. But it is just one of several things that combined together to make me very suspicious of MR.

I am not convinced that MR is the guilty party, but the idea that ER would be an equal potential suspect is ludicrous in my mind. She has zero motive, IMO, and was not there. She had everything to lose, MR had already lost much, i.e. access to Dylan, money from ER (per our verified member) and was also ordered to pay her, I believe.

I am not sure of this at all. I don't think she has been discussed in depth anywhere that I know of to actually determine if she would or wouldn't. Granted I wasn't able to read through every thread here, so I could be wrong.

No, not automatically. But it is just one of several things that combined together to make me very suspicious of MR.

Being suspicious of Mark is fine with me. I'm just looking at everything that I can in this case. And I'm not sure that Mark is guilty of harming Dylan.

Here's my thoughts on that....

MR and ER had a very bitter divorce, right?

DH/KH and ER are best friends per FMDR and other various news sources.

ER loathes MR.

MR loathes ER.

I would be really curious at just how close DH/KH was with MR prior to Dylan's disappearance. And, no, I don't mean hinky close. I mean how often did MR and D/K talk? If my BFF was hating on her dh or ex, I'm right there with her with no need for proof of whatever it was that pissed off BFF. MOO and stuff.

ER had moved away. DH was still back in the same area as MR. So it makes total sense they would remain friends. I have had many friends get divorced and I usually stay friends with both whenever possible.

My DH and I have been married for 33 yrs. Almost every single couple we ever knew has already divorced. I try not to take sides. JMO

BBM

This is confusing because this convo started because we DID compare the credibility of Denise and Mark. She said that those blankets were NOT on the couch previously and he staged the scene for the tv reporter. And you said you did not necessarily believe her. And I asked, WHY would she lie about a missing boy that she loves?

<modsnip>

Of course it's about finding Dylan. I would think we ALL agree on that.

Fair enough, perhaps I should have said her credibility towards MR is suspect to me. MR's credibility is suspect period. I get that.

<modsnip>

I am not convinced that MR is the guilty party, but the idea that ER would be an equal potential suspect is ludicrous in my mind. She has zero motive, IMO, and was not there. She had everything to lose, MR had already lost much, i.e. access to Dylan, money from ER (per our verified member) and was also ordered to pay her, I believe.

Um, I didn't say anything about ER being a potential suspect.

Being suspicious of Mark is fine with me. I'm just looking at everything that I can in this case. And I'm not sure that Mark is guilty of harming Dylan.

I am not sure either. But I sure wish he would help me decide by taking another polygraph or answering some hard questions without the 'word salad' answers. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member