CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you remember when Mark realized Dylan's backpack was missing? I can't recall if it was before or after he reported him missing? Did he notice it gone before he set off to look for him?

TIA

I don't recall Mark mentioning the backpack at all.

No, he did not appear to have his backpack on Walmart, but, of course, he did have it on at the airport. See pics at link.
http://kdvr.com/2012/12/04/new-photos-of-missing-teen-dylan-redwine-released/

I did two updates on my computer at one time, one for Windows and one for my internet security suite and now for some odd reason I have issues loading pages with pics or videos. When friend pointed it out, I did not have the patience to go look for the pic and fight to get it loaded.

Yes that is what I understood too at first. So MR obviously trusted her enough to allow her into his home. The poison from all of the very public falling outs and accusations from those closest to Dylan has spread far and wide now - it has just been a tragedy unfolding before us for weeks IMO. The worst part is that there have been no new real facts to substantiate what has been said publicly. I know many are proud of this snowball effect, but wow, what if it is all absolutely untrue? IMO that "what if" is still looming large, and all the drama, hurt and embarrassment obviously hasn't help locate Dylan :(

No new facts released to the public maybe, but DH knows full well how MR has behaved around her and what he has said to her. I'm sure her change in opinion is based on those interractions and not on any rumors. :moo:

Yes that is what I understood too at first. So MR obviously trusted her enough to allow her into his home. The poison from all of the very public falling outs and accusations from those closest to Dylan has spread far and wide now - it has just been a tragedy unfolding before us for weeks IMO. The worst part is that there have been no new real facts to substantiate what has been said publicly. I know many are proud of this snowball effect, but wow, what if it is all absolutely untrue? IMO that "what if" is still looming large, and all the drama, hurt and embarrassment obviously hasn't help locate Dylan :(

...in agreement. I find it very hard to assume the worst case scenario about any person, especially with so little facts to go on.

Ok, let me give it a try.

First thing, as far as I know the fishing pole could have been lost before Dylan even arrived to visit his dad.

Dylan could have left in the morning without contacting his friends because his phone was dead,he didn't know his friends numbers to use the landline and his dad's computer was locked and had no Wi-FI.

He didn't answer his dads calls or text's for the same reason, his phone was dead and he had already left the house.

He overslept, and then turned on the TV, ate some cereal and left the house to hook up with his friends. MOO.

...even I am horrible about charging my phone. Even moreso now that our puppy ate one of our charges and for the time being mine is community charger. Thinking in the terms of missing charges, I do wonder if it's even possible he could have forgot his charger. Isn't that like the most forgotten item when packing?

Dr. Phil transcript:

MR:
When I got home, the TV was on and it was on to one of the Nickolodeon channels that he’s always watching. I didn’t notice his backpack not being there. There was a fishing pole at the house and it was Dylan’s fishing pole. That fishing pole was never found. I did lay down and take a nap for probably no more than an hour. I started looking for him at 2:30 or 3:00 in the afternoon. I contacted his friend that he had been texting the night before. They hadn’t heard from him all day, so that’s truly when it started to set in. Where’s Dylan?

It's very likely the pole was out because MR may have had delusions of going fishing with his son.

No new facts released to the public maybe, but DH knows full well how MR has behaved around her and what he has said to her. I'm sure her change in opinion is based on those interractions and not on any rumors. :moo:

Maybe.

I don't recall Mark mentioning the backpack at all.

I don't think it's abnormal at all that he didn't immediately note the backpack missing, if he knew of Dylan's plans and assumed Dylan walked to his friend's house. Especially if Dylan didn't unpack any of his stuff when he arrived. He may have only noted it being gone when/if LE asked if anything was missing. At the same time that could have been when he noticed the pole too. He could be placing emphasis on the lake because once he realized that Dylan didn't meet up with his friends that maybe since the pole was missing that he could have went fishing and as someone else mentioned maybe something happened and he fell in and drowned. Even though rare, freak accidents do occur. Just a thought...

Ok, let me give it a try.

First thing, as far as I know the fishing pole could have been lost before Dylan even arrived to visit his dad.

Dylan could have left in the morning without contacting his friends because his phone was dead,he didn't know his friends numbers to use the landline and his dad's computer was locked and had no Wi-FI.

He didn't answer his dads calls or text's for the same reason, his phone was dead and he had already left the house.

He overslept, and then turned on the TV, ate some cereal and left the house to hook up with his friends. MOO.

The amount of coinky-dinks necessary to make it work are just too many for me to easily accept. broken or dead phone, a 13 yr old that couldn't access the computer, didnt even know his mom's number? A 13 yr old that doesnt check his texts in the morning?

Also, he could have answered the phone when his dad called the landline.

And if his phone was broken, then even more reason that he would WAIT for his dad to return. Whenever my kids lost or broke their phones, I heard from them almost immediately, to help them replace the battery or whatever they needed.

Dylan would not have tried to hitch a ride to town without a working cell, imo.
How would he know where his friends were?

If his phone was broken, he would have waited for his dad to return, imo.
And if it was dead, he had a charger so he could have plugged it in and used it before he left.

It's very likely the pole was out because MR may have had delusions of going fishing with his son.

Maybe.

DH, above anyone, has a front row seat. She has no reason to look at any rumors. She has been involved since day one and has had a lot of personal interactions with him. She defended him at the start. But then reality set in.

...even I am horrible about charging my phone. Even moreso now that our puppy ate one of our charges and for the time being mine is community charger. Thinking in the terms of missing charges, I do wonder if it's even possible he could have forgot his charger. Isn't that like the most forgotten item when packing?

His mom said his charger was packed in his backpack when he left.

I don't think it's abnormal at all that he didn't immediately note the backpack missing, if he knew of Dylan's plans and assumed Dylan walked to his friend's house. Especially if Dylan didn't unpack any of his stuff when he arrived. He may have only noted it being gone when/if LE asked if anything was missing. At the same time that could have been when he noticed the pole too. He could be placing emphasis on the lake because once he realized that Dylan didn't meet up with his friends that maybe since the pole was missing that he could have went fishing and as someone else mentioned maybe something happened and he fell in and drowned. Even though rare, freak accidents do occur. Just a thought...

If he simply fell into the lake and drowned than he would have been found already. He would have floated to the top. And his backpack would have been left behind most likely.

The amount of coinky-dinks necessary to make it work are just too many for me to easily accept. broken or dead phone, a 13 yr old that couldn't access the computer, didnt even know his mom's number? A 13 yr old that doesnt check his texts in the morning?

Also, he could have answered the phone when his dad called the landline.

And if his phone was broken, then even more reason that he would WAIT for his dad to return. Whenever my kids lost or broke their phones, I heard from them almost immediately, to help them replace the battery or whatever they needed.

Dylan would not have tried to hitch a ride to town without a working cell, imo.
How would he know where his friends were?

If his phone was broken, he would have waited for his dad to return, imo.
And if it was dead, he had a charger so he could have plugged it in and used it before he left.
I admit that coincidences can make people question the validity of things.

A 13 year old that couldn't access a computer because of a password or a 13 year old who decided not to call his mom is not hard for me to understand.

He didn't answer the landline because he wasn't there to answer it.

Perhaps Dylan didn't want to wait for his dad to return and struck out on his own. I see that as a definite possibility to me.

If he simply fell into the lake and drowned than he would have been found already. He would have floated to the top. And his backpack would have been left behind most likely.

...he was thinking rationally at the time, but maybe that was something that crossed his mind at the time as a possibility.

DH, above anyone, has a front row seat. She has no reason to look at any rumors. She has been involved since day one and has had a lot of personal interactions with him. She defended him at the start. But then reality set in.

Here's my thoughts on that....

MR and ER had a very bitter divorce, right?

DH/KH and ER are best friends per FMDR and other various news sources.

ER loathes MR.

MR loathes ER.

I would be really curious at just how close DH/KH was with MR prior to Dylan's disappearance. And, no, I don't mean hinky close. I mean how often did MR and D/K talk? If my BFF was hating on her dh or ex, I'm right there with her with no need for proof of whatever it was that pissed off BFF. MOO and stuff.

IMVHO it's very hard to say what kids(preteens/teens/and even toddlers) would or wouldn't do. You can think they won't do things or they will, but it's just not always the case. MR said he never knew Dylan had hitchhiked in the past, ER said it wasn't something he would do either, but his friends said otherwise. In my experience kids are anything but predictable.

This also reminded me of something else when I was reading all the posts.

In previous posts I had read that Dylan's friends said that Mark and Dylan were buddies and that Mark and Dylan got along. Wouldn't his friends know how he really felt about his dad? I mean, don't kids talk about stuff that they can't talk about with their parents with their friends? If Dylan hated Mark so much wouldn't he have told his friends and wouldn't they have said that instead of they were buddies? Just wondering...

Why wouldn't he have trusted her? They had been close friends for many years. And she was not the one with D when he went missing.

And I highly doubt these accusations are all totally unfounded. I think where there is smoke, there's fire. I remember the speculation here, about whether MR drank too much or not. And I had seen clues that he was a possible problem drinker. I recognize it from my own childhood. And I got the confirmation from the DP show. I feel confident now saying that MR has a drinking problem. And I think that is just part of the problem.

I agree that it's doubtful that Dylan would have went fishing alone on Monday morning when he wanted to meet up with his friends.

That's why I think that it's a more plausible scenario for him to do something, after he missed his ride with his dad, that he'd done in the past.

That would be to hitchhike his way to his destination.

MOO.

I could buy that if:

- he called his friends to say was on his way, because he was already running late.

- if someone saw him walking to the highway

- if cars driving by saw him

In such a small area he would certainly would be noticed, because he was not a regular as well he was very young/small to be hitchhiking.

Why wouldn't he have trusted her? They had been close friends for many years. And she was not the one with D when he went missing.

And I highly doubt these accusations are all totally unfounded. I think where there is smoke, there's fire. I remember the speculation here, about whether MR drank too much or not. And I had seen clues that he was a possible problem drinker. I recognize it from my own childhood. And I got the confirmation from the DP show. I feel confident now saying that MR has a drinking problem. And I think that is just part of the problem.

I understand how people can come to conclusions about individuals who have drinking problems or other problems that reflect poorly on them.

But does that automatically mean that this individual is guilty of a crime?

I think there are fewer coincidences to explain if you can assume Dylan may have just been in a mood. Which people seem ok assuming, in order to get a behavior trigger that puts Dylan into a fatal argument with his dad.

So in this scenario, Dylan is in a text or phone conversation Sunday night that puts him in a mood, possibly worsening an already existing bad mood. He shuts off his phone Sunday night in order to get out of the conversation. Bad night's sleep on that lumpy looking couch, now he doesn't want to wake up Monday morning. Finally gets up, forgets the phone is off so never gets the messages from R. Expects his dad back soon, picks up his backpack and goes to hang around outside waiting for his ride. Maybe walks up the road a bit, exploring. Unfortunate coincidence, meets up with the wrong person, something bad happens.

IMO plausible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member