CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE has made it pretty clear that a crime against Dylan has occurred, not that he fell into a lake and drowned himself. And presumably, they know somewhat more than we do.

LE has made it pretty clear that a crime against Dylan has occurred, not that he fell into a lake and drowned himself. And presumably, they know somewhat more than we do.

Thanks for reminding us . That part gets lost in all of this. There is the ' something happened to dylan at the house or away from the house' ( paraphrasing) statement that gets us off track,, did he run away, did he hitchhike, etc. But LE said from very early on this is a CRIMINAL investigation, so that does rule out a lot. I had actually forgotten that little BIG tidbit. tks :)

I think the personalizing goes both ways. If we speak up about our suspicions we are often bashed for accusing a grieving parent and asked if we are going to feel guilty and ashamed if he is innocent.

Why shouldn't she share that observation? Wouldnt you? If you had been in his home, and saw the bare couch, and then later you see him on LIVE TV saying the couch STILL HAS the boy's blankets on there from his last night there...you wouldnt call him out on that lie?

And how is it her fault that offshoots from the FB were sometimes negative? Should she have NOT tried to publicize Dylans case?

DH was NOT at MR house on Monday night to see anything much less blankets, pillows, etc., by her own admission of when she was told about DR being missing.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8916601&postcount=45"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #39[/ame]

Dylan Redwine, 13, who disappeared from his father’s house in Bayfield, Colo., Nov. 19, is still missing and the investigation that began as a search and rescue is now characterized as a criminal investigation

http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/ar...an-redwine-criminal-investigation-new-photos/

The search for a missing 13-year-old boy near Durango is part of a criminal investigation, as a task force finished searching the home of the boy's father.

Authorities say they don't believe Dylan Redwine ran away or that he became lost in the woods

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/probe-into-missing-dylan-redwine-now-a-criminal-investigation

Authorities say they don't believe Dylan Redwine ran away and say this is a criminal investigation

http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=302570

BBM

Well, that was my first thought after seeing this on Dr.Phil and having no knowledge of the case prior. I just thought instantly of him maybe reaching into the lake to grab a fish or something and falling. I didn't get a vibe from the Dad that he was lying, I thought he seemed ashamed that Dylan disapeared while under his care and he was taking a verbal beating from the Mother. Anyway, I don't know what the motive would be. You don't just all of a sudden "snap" and kill your 13 year old. I mean, I'm sure it has happened, but the father didn't seem like he was suffering from some serious mental breakdown and if he was... would he really have the capability to cover it up this well? Transport and hide his son's body and throw it away? Think about it, parents who kill their own child in a "moment of anger" usually make up some kind of accident story. They can't throw their child's body away, they do what is easiest. There is always a motive, always, and I just don't see what it'd be.

BBM - IMO parents who kill their children in a moment of anger don't always make up an accident story. IMO a moment of anger would also cause a parent to freak out and dispose of the child just as easily as they would claim an accident. Perhaps throwing their child's body away (ikes the shear thought!) is the easier. We have instances all the time where a parent harms their child, claims they ran away and then the child's body is later found in the area. IMO there is not always a motive. Accidents do happen too. I also don't believe that a motive is necessary, it helps us to try to rationalize the crime, but IMO that's about it.

I was telling this to my DH just yesterday. It seems that everyone is so busy hating on each other and one upping one another that no one seems to be directing their energies to finding Dylan. I can't even phathom that. It seems like a deal of hating on the other person more than they care about the missing child. Who really gives a carp who did what to whom???? Where is Dylan??? Where the heck is Dylan??? I think too many people who don't really care if Dylan is found are fanning the flames though. People who just want to inject themselves into a high profile missing person's case without any of the consequences. Sad really. Dylan needs to be found, Dylan needs to come home. End of story.

BBM

This would not have been a high profile case without all of the people who have interjected themselves in this case. Those who believe mr did it, those who are on the fence, and those who thoroughly believe in mr's innocence.

The reason this is a "high profile case" (if in fact, it is one) is because of all of those who cared enough to continue talking about it, and spreading the news.

How do you propose we bring this young man home without discussing it, and dissecting every piece of information we are allowed?

It was not Mark Redwine who appears to be a very vindictive, grudge-holding and conniving person.

See? And I think that almost completely describes him. Although I might add narcissistic to that. We all see things differently.

this is why I have been around for 45 threads and injected myself in the case

any attention drawn to Dylan's disappearance has to be seen in a positive light (have to take the good with the bad)

Elaine, Mike, Cory and family/friends have never stopped searching and LE has followed up every lead (even from psychics or any tip left on the tipline)

dylan.jpg

Good Evening guys, I see no new news. Wanted to say hi and remind everyone about the show tomorrow night. I hope everyone will be there.

Tricia said she would pass on to Elaine how much we care for her, Dylan and Cory.

IMO Nobody hurt Mark on National TV except Mark himself. <modsnip>

I disagree. I think it would hurt any man to hear their son say they hate him on national t.v., especially a son who is supposed to be an adult.

But yes, Mark did make himself look worse by refusing to take the poly. He should have just come out and refused to take it when it was first mentioned. Better yet, he should not have gone on the show to start with. I knew it would be a disaster and I was not wrong.

Tricia said she would pass on to Elaine how much we care for her, Dylan and Cory.

I hope she also passes on that some of us care for Dylan Redwine's entire family unless one of them is definitively shown to be responsible for harming this child by removing him from his father's home or neighborhood.:fence:

I disagree. I think it would hurt any man to hear their son say they hate him on national t.v., especially a son who is supposed to be an adult.

But yes, Mark did make himself look worse by refusing to take the poly. He should have just come out and refused to take it when it was first mentioned. Better yet, he should not have gone on the show to start with. I knew it would be a disaster and I was not wrong.

When I watched the show I thought it was suppose to be about Dylan and maybe getting the two of them together to try to, you know, get them to work together for Dylan. Guess I was a bit naive. After watching both episodes I couldn't help but feel, was this show to further awareness for Dylan or was it a show to just badger(the best word I can think of at the moment) Mark into a confession? Many times it was asked, "where is Dylan?" His answer was always the same, "I don't know." IMO either he is telling the truth and he really doesn't know, or he does and he isn't going to say and no amount of beating that question to death will get the answer being looked for.

I do wish he would have just said up front, I am uncomfortable being forced into this polygraph, or even, the only people I need to prove my innocence to is LE, something rather than go through it. Maybe he did think that he could take it. I don't know. However, I really can't fault him the reactions he had on the show really. Being pushed like that, especially if innocent, for not only the show but for almost the past 4 months I can imagine that it would push anyone into edginess. Very much so, if you really don't know the answer.

Again this is all MOO.

The son who is supposed to be an adult, is still very young. He has had to grow up quickly. I think he shows more maturity than his father.

I hope she also passes on that some of us care for Dylan Redwine's entire family unless one of them is definitively shown to be responsible for harming this child by removing him from his father's home or neighborhood.:fence:

Why would she pointedly say this to a mother who suspects her ex harmed her son? She knows (as we all know) that mr has supporters; people who are on the fence until it has been absolutely proven that he did something. (and there's nothing wrong with that)

I do fail to see the point of throwing that in the face of Dylan's mom, who cannot help to be very well aware of that.

I think it's really sad that Elaine got a text from Mark asking if she knew where Dylan was and then that he was missing.

I can't imagine getting a text from my ex that our son was missing.....yes, I would be very, very angry.

It seems the opposite to me, as if Mark did not know that his response was a show-stopper. He learned that it was, and then still said no. I can't say I blame him as he, as far as I can tell, does not have a criminal defense attorney nor does he seem knowledgeable about polygraph's beyond his limited experience with his son's disappearance. The pressure to take the test must have been enormous.

Yes it was obvious the man was scared witless.

I really can't say that I know what Elaine has done in reference to Mark, only what I have seen thus far and I do wonder. If she is so firm in her belief that Mark harmed Dylan or did something with Dylan, has she tried the sweet route? Meaning, you know, put aside the pointing and blaming finger and tried to say you know what, "you are right maybe someone did take Dylan" and just try to get close enough to him that maybe he would slip up and say something helpful in finding him. The direct way is not the only way to get to the truth IMO.

This was just a thought in thinking of people's reactions and how they usually react better when they aren't put under the heat lamp.

Why would she pointedly say this to a mother who suspects her ex harmed her son? She knows (as we all know) that mr has supporters; people who are on the fence until it has been absolutely proven that he did something. (and there's nothing wrong with that)

I do fail to see the point of throwing that in the face of Dylan's mom, who cannot help to be very well aware of that.

Thank you. So well spoken. ITA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member