CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does LE use luminol at every house a person goes missing from or only if the suspect something? The moving of furniture is bugging me and I wonder if they did use it or not. JMO

I don't know anything about that but I do believe they were there for something like 12 hours. That's a long time and I would assume they did a very thorough search. I don't think it's unreasonable that they may have used luminol.

I heard the reason why he moved the furniture was because people could see him sitting in his recliner through the window. I don't know if that's true, but it would make sense with what's been going on that he wouldn't want people to be able to see him in the house.

I tried to find where they said they were on the couch, but I came up empty. :shrug: Guess I was wrong. Sorry.

The next morning, Dylan was sleeping on the couch where Mark Redwine now sits and where Dylan's blankets still lie jumbled

A few articles of clothing were left behind on the couch.

Read more: With Dylan Redwine missing for almost two weeks, dad clings to hope - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_22108222/dad-its-wait-wonder#ixzz2OKY80JNL
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

article from 12/2/12.

I haven't been impressed with The Denver Post reporting.

But anyway...found it for you (findDylan, you haven't lost your mind yet, hugs and just kidding) sKore

You're not wrong:

The next morning, Dylan was sleeping on the couch where Mark Redwine now sits and where Dylan's blankets still lie jumbled. Mark said he waited until 7:30 a.m. but still couldn't rouse his son, so he told him he would return about 11. When he got back at 11:30, his son's dirty cereal bowl was beside the sink. The television was on Nickelodeon. His son's fishing pole was gone. So was his black-and-gray backpack. A few articles of clothing were left behind on the couch. http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_22108222

Interesting the article was date Dec. 2nd.

Ok so this statement to me would make more sense that perhaps the articles of clothing were MR's clothes that Dylan supposedly slept in. If they were Dylan's there would have been no need for Elaine to bring clothes from home would there? Surely if they were Dylan's clothes LE would have taken them and there is no mention of them taking any of Dylan's clothes.

You're not wrong:

The next morning, Dylan was sleeping on the couch where Mark Redwine now sits and where Dylan's blankets still lie jumbled. Mark said he waited until 7:30 a.m. but still couldn't rouse his son, so he told him he would return about 11. When he got back at 11:30, his son's dirty cereal bowl was beside the sink. The television was on Nickelodeon. His son's fishing pole was gone. So was his black-and-gray backpack. A few articles of clothing were left behind on the couch. http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_22108222

Thank you!!!! Google and I are not very good friends. Lol

I thought nothing of Dylan's was left behind.....not even a sock

so the clothes on the couch; heck they could have been Mark's recent laundry

I can't see LE leaving them behind if they were Dylan's....

Originally Posted by Dee10
You're not wrong:

So this article was written by a reporter that visited and interviewed MR at the home? And LE did their search on Nov 29? This article is dated Dec 2nd but we don't know what date the reporter was actually at the home.

I thought nothing of Dylan's was left behind.....not even a sock

so the clothes on the couch; heck they could have been Mark's recent laundry

I can't see LE leaving them behind if they were Dylan's....

I think you are exactly right, it was Mark's laundry. Wonder how the reporter got the impression that caused this statement, "A few articles of clothing were left behind on the couch?"

My mind is always gone at this time of the night. Lol

I am so confused about the clothes. LE took a pair of sweat pants, but why and from where? There were clothes on the couch next to the "jumbled up blanket", but whose were they and why didn't LE take them?

An idea of how they could prove Dylan was there: could they have taken hair fibers from the pillow that was used?

Thank you so much for posting that specific quote Dee.. I had listed this exact issue as one of the truly contradicting statements made by Mark in direct contradiction of a prior statement...yet was jumped on that I was mistaken that he ever claimed there were any CLOTHES left behind of Dylan's..

Thanks for pposting it..one of the main reasons i specifically remember that he'd made that particular statement was because a member had mistakenly quoted it as saying there were "clothes of Dylan's left behind the couch"..lol.as in they thought it was saying there were clothes actually BEHIND THE COUCH..lol..

Anyhoo thanks for posting!:)

The next morning, Dylan was sleeping on the couch where Mark Redwine now sits and where Dylan's blankets still lie jumbled

A few articles of clothing were left behind on the couch.

I haven't been impressed with The Denver Post reporting.

But anyway...found it for you (findDylan, you haven't lost your mind yet, hugs and just kidding) sKore

BBM and sniped for space..

Thank you for finding it. I always lose my mind at this time of the night. I always have to be on my game while the kiddos are up, that its nice to not think or use my mind after they go to bed. Lol. :hug:

My mind is always gone at this time of the night. Lol

I am so confused about the clothes. LE took a pair of sweat pants, but why and from where? There were clothes on the couch next to the "jumbled up blanket", but whose were they and why didn't LE take them?

An idea of how they could prove Dylan was there: could they have taken hair fibers from the pillow that was used?

What I'm thinking is possible is that the reporter actually interviewed MR in the home BEFORE LE did the search and wrote the article and published it later. The reporter implies that the few articles of clothes were Dylan's (or perhaps what Dylan supposedly slept in?) I only think this because it's so odd that LE took a pair of MR's sweat pants but not the shirt or jacket he was wearing the day he picked Dylan up. So perhaps they took the sweat pants that Dylan supposedly slept in (MR's) and that's what was laying on the couch. Apparently the article's Dylan supposedly slept with (pillow and blanket) were left where they were on the couch so I would assume if there were any clothes there it would be what he slept in. Am I making any sense? LOL

And yes it's possible they were able to get DNA off of something and that's the proof they have that Dylan made it there. Perhaps it was the sweat pants?

Thank you so much for posting that specific quote Dee.. I had listed this exact issue as one of the truly contradicting statements made by Mark in direct contradiction of a prior statement...yet was jumped on that I was mistaken that he ever claimed there were any CLOTHES left behind of Dylan's..

Thanks for pposting it..one of the main reasons i specifically remember that he'd made that particular statement was because a member had mistakenly quoted it as saying there were "clothes of Dylan's left behind the couch"..lol.as in they thought it was saying there were clothes actually BEHIND THE COUCH..lol..

Anyhoo thanks for posting!:)

It does not say they were Dylan's specifically but kind of implies that. Now that is odd in itself. I wonder if they were MR's clothes that Dylan supposedly slept in?

What I'm thinking is possible is that the reporter actually interviewed MR in the home BEFORE LE did the search and wrote the article and published it later. The reporter implies that the few articles of clothes were Dylan's (or perhaps what Dylan supposedly slept in?) I only think this because it's so odd that LE took a pair of MR's sweat pants but not the shirt or jacket he was wearing the day he picked Dylan up. So perhaps they took the sweat pants that Dylan supposedly slept in (MR's) and that's what was laying on the couch. Apparently the article's Dylan supposedly slept with (pillow and blanket) were left where they were on the couch so I would assume if there were any clothes there it would be what he slept in. Am I making any sense? LOL

And yes it's possible they were able to get DNA off of something and that's the proof they have that Dylan made it there. Perhaps it was the sweat pantsA

You are making sense. I can see that happening. Especially if Dylan didn't bring Pj pants to sleep in and it was cold.

I think LE may have missed out on an opportunity to get evidence that first day by thinking Dylan was a run away. 10 days is a long time for evidence to dissapear. IMO, MOO

And I did notice the reporters are not that great with the facts or reporting in a timely fashion.

There was a lot happening in the case that week with divers, search of the house, official interview, etc. I believe any reporter would get whatever they had to print ASAP especially an interview with Mark. Also from the same article it leads me to believe the interview was after the search:

Mark Redwine is not being called a suspect. He allowed investigators to search his home even before they obtained a search warrant for a thorough search. He also voluntarily sat down and was interviewed by investigators.

ETA - So this leads me to believe the reporter talked to Mark after the search.

You are making sense. I can see that happening. Especially if Dylan didn't bring Pj pants to sleep in and it was cold.

I think LE may have missed out on an opportunity to get evidence that first day by thinking Dylan was a run away. 10 days is a long time for evidence to dissapear. IMO, MOO

Oh thank you! I'm getting tired and feel like I'm rambling. I know what I'm trying to say :)

I never could figure out them taking MR's sweat pants. I was also confused about some reports of some clothing being left behind but then the dogs didn't have anything to get a scent off of. If it was what MR was wearing in the Walmart video why take just his pants? It just doesn't seem logical to me. But perhaps it was what Dylan supposedly slept in and that's what the reporter saw on the couch? Now that seems much more logical to me. It could explain 2 mysteries!

Ok so this statement to me would make more sense that perhaps the articles of clothing were MR's clothes that Dylan supposedly slept in. If they were Dylan's there would have been no need for Elaine to bring clothes from home would there? Surely if they were Dylan's clothes LE would have taken them and there is no mention of them taking any of Dylan's clothes.

I am catching back up, but could this be a possible scenario for the sweatpants if they were Dylan's? Even though he brought clothes could they have been new sweatpants and the one wearing they didn't think would hold enough of Dylan's pure scent, and maybe because of being in the store, absorbed other scents too? Just thinking as I go of why they might need scent articles if these were Dylan's pants.

Oh thank you! I'm getting tired and feel like I'm rambling. I know what I'm trying to say :)

I never could figure out them taking MR's sweat pants. I was also confused about some reports of some clothing being left behind but then the dogs didn't have anything to get a scent off of. If it was what MR was wearing in the Walmart video why take just his pants? It just doesn't seem logical to me. But perhaps it was what Dylan supposedly slept in and that's what the reporter saw on the couch? Now that seems much more logical to me. It could explain 2 mysteries!

I am guessing they took the pants for DNA. If they found Dylan's DNA on them then that would prove he was there.

If he did wear them to bed then would the missing posters still have he was wearing what he was last seen in? The shorts?

I think I am too tired to function. Lol. I'll have to catch back up in the morning. Everyone stay safe. :hug:

And yes it's possible they were able to get DNA off of something and that's the proof they have that Dylan made it there. Perhaps it was the sweat pants?

I see here one scenario is that Dylan may have worn MR's sweatpants. This is probably beyond the realm here but I wonder if Dylan packed himself or if ER packed. My kid is horrible about packing her own bag, she often forgets PJs, toothbrush, etc and you have to check behind her to make sure she has that stuff, or she will call you later to ask you to bring it. Thinking along those lines is it possible Dylan didn't pack much of what he needed? PJ's, socks and that could explain why there may not have been much clothing to leave behind?

For the record, my kid usually only comes back with half the clothes she takes when she spends the night. Argh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3